3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Moo-tivated to Mooooo-ve (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/40867-moo-tivated-mooooo-ve.html)

Cherry Cow 06-02-2004 03:21 PM

Wabby, maybe the color will grow on you.

Peachy, that is so sad about that girl. I can't imagine telling my kids they're dead to me, although my ILs and one BIL aren't speaking because they don't get along with his GF. It's all so very sad.

Lushy, the L&C crew will be in town until Sunday... then they're off down (up?) the Missouri. I don't know how many groups there are, but this is the one that's reenacting the entire trip. The guy playing Meriweather Lewis will be on the trip for the entire time... TWO YEARS! Can you imagine being able to take two years to do something like that? After they leave, I suspect our area is done. We're going back out tomorrow, if this lobster red turns more salmon pink.

Kiwi, I wouldn't mind some clouds right about now. One nice thing about dreary weather is that I can actually go outside! But the sun makes everyone else happy, so I guess I can live with it.

Well, WW thinks I lost 3.8 pounds. Huh. Go figure. Maybe this points thing works after all. I didn't get to go to the meeting, though, because the girl I was riding with was late. Oh, well.

I'm getting back into exercise. I'm going to :dancer: after my nap.

Kiwonk 06-02-2004 03:49 PM

Cowie does interesting nail colors. What a concept--getting your nails done. Last time I did that was when I was my sister's maid of honor. At her first wedding. I believe that was 13 years ago. What is wrong with me? I did get my hair cut a few weeks ago -- it had only been a year and a half since the last haircut. Apparently I couldn't survive anywhere outside the woods; I'm not properly civilized.

RANT to follow:

We have finally decided to get small dish satellite tv installed. DH is about to have a heart attack about the cost. I'm sure it's no more than most people pay for cable TV (we can't get cable -- cuz we live in the woods), but considering that he is earning only about 60% of what he was before the mill shut down, he is all freaked about spending money. At least on things I like. Trouble is, I have always been a real tightwad about money and there is no way we can spend any less money without giving up stuff we really want. He's actually spending more than ever because he took up guitar lessons. He's still smoking and buying mass quantities of wine (I can't drink it, nor would I want to at the rate he does). The only way he is economizing is by taking his lunch to work every day. But he doesn't acknowledge the fact that I've been making DD's lunch every single day for 11 years, or that I don't buy clothes for myself hardly at all, I don't have my nails done, my hair cut, I don't buy makeup, I no longer am subscribed to any magazines, I rarely buy books or CDs anymore, etc. etc. etc. And of course, no vet and boarding bills because no dog and he's not willing to talk about getting another one. Anyway, I'm pretty sick of hearing the moaning about money when I'm the one who's doing without, so I wouldn't listen to any griping about the cost of satellite tv and we're getting it. We'd better have it in by Sunday, because I need to see the Tony's and watch my friend accept his award.

End Rant.

Ah, that felt good.

I don't know what to say about the house-party thing. I never did that. I found other, sneakier ways to do bad stuff... I'm actually thinking my DD isn't likely to ever pull that one, but who knows? What I do know is that she is very motivated to be independent and maybe we'll never see her again once she goes off to college.

My weird cat has developed a new annoying habit. She sits on the desk about 2 feet from me and stares at me (that's an old habit) and if she thinks there's a chance I'll pay attention to her, she reaches out her paw like she's trying to tap me on the shoulder. I can't decide whether it is creepy or cute.

Kiwi

Wabby 06-02-2004 06:39 PM

This is how I justify wasting money on my nails. -----
  1. I don't smoke like DH.
  2. I don't buy fishing tackle.
  3. I don't have a boat.
  4. I have to be bored to death by this job every day.
  5. I'm vain.

The color I don't like is frosty beige. I usually get some kind of eye popping color in the summer, or burgundy in the winter, but I listened to Oprah, who said bright colors age you. Heaven knows I don't need any extra help w/ aging. She was wrong. This color just plays up the age spots on my hands.

Kiwi, you need satelite tv. Especially with the long winters you have. If you have the choice, go for Dishdirect. They have better programming than Dish Network.

Does anyone remember my kitty that lived on our roof? He was with us for about 3 years and then disappeared. We assumed he'd checked out on our busy road. Well guess what??? He appeared on our roof yesterday! He is very old and very skinny, but it's definitely Roof Kitty. We put some food up in the rain gutter and he scarfed it down. Same old Roof Kitty. Very anti social.

Cowpernia 06-02-2004 07:07 PM

iS THIS THE color Wabby?

today DS set up his fall schedule. If all goes well, he'll take intro to 3 graphics/animation. yay. I guess

His job starts Monday. Don't know what it is yet.

Bye. I'm off tomorrow.

Kiwonk 06-02-2004 07:26 PM

Wow, that's quite interesting. I thought most of those cats you see on roofs are decorative cast iron. :lol3: Strange that he only wants to be on the roof. I see a movie series: Roof Kitty, then Roof Kitty, the Return.

MMM I had such a good dinner. Kielbasa with onions and peppers, plus some pasta shells, and braised carrots and celery. :chef: I braised the c&c in water and chicken bouillon. Just a little grated cheese on the pasta, no butter. Almost no added fat (of course the kielbasa has plenty of its own :shrug: ) Now I'm going grocery shopping (while DD has dance class). The hope is I'll be well-enough fed not to buy out the store...

Kiwi

Kiwonk 06-02-2004 07:29 PM

that sounds cool. DD wants to take multimedia studies, but can't next year because it is a technical course and the technical classes are held in a town 45 minutes away. They bus the kids there for half a day or something. oy. And of course she already has a full schedule of academic subjects. She thinks maybe her senior year, but even then I don't think she'll be able to fit it in.

Cowpernia 06-02-2004 10:02 PM

Kiwi come here and walk with me. You can pet the dogs.

SugP 06-03-2004 01:49 AM

Frosty beige and lobster red

I can see how that colour would get to you, Wabby, especially now when you need something bright and cheerful. Go shell out the big bucks and get the colour you like so you have something fun to look at when you're sitting in your boring office. And stop listening to Oprah. :D Great news about Roof Kitty! It's so nice when a pet turns up again.

Poor Cherry! Hope it doesn't hurt too much. Way to go on the WW pseudo pounds. If WW says they're real, they must be.

Peachy - ds is just such a genius. He's going to be famous some day - I know it. Has he asked out the cute girl in church yet?

Get that satellite thing Kiwi - YOU DESERVE IT! Men just don't realize how much money they throw away on a daily basis and then they start whining about how much WE spend. Sheesh!

Trying to imagine Lushbat as a party animal. Hmmm...

I'm in a depressingly PMS mood and don't feel like doing anything. House is still a pit from the long weekend and it's almost the weekend AGAIN. Where does the time go? I feel old. Must go do my nails. :smug:

Bagzz 06-03-2004 12:58 PM

ALL ABOUT MANICURES

PAULA ABDUL PREPARES TO SUE!

Paula Abdul better not get a proposal anytime soon because she will have to show her hand to the potential fiance and it's none to pretty right now.
The American Idol judge shared with "Celebrity Justice" that she is ready to sue over a botched manicure. She is prepared to retain a personal injury attorney to sue Chinoiserie, an upscale nail salon in the LA suburb of Studio City, that she blames for the manicure that caused a severe nail infection.

The infection became so serious, she says, she almost lost her thumb. She was able to walk away with her thumb, but doctors were forced to surgically remove her entire thumbnail.

She says she cried out in pain when a manicurist poked her in the thumb. She says when she left the salon she sucked on her thumb and tasted blood. Paula also told "CJ" that the salon called a friend of hers four times that night to see how she was doing.

When the manager of Chinoiserie spoke with CJ, he suggested that Paula's injury did not occur at his salon.

"We called [Paula] initially out of concern," he says, because "we like her, not because we had anything to do with it." He added, "Her claims are inconsistent with the dates and times she was here."

An attorney representing Chinoiserie sent a letter to Paula's lawyer suggesting the 'Idol' judge got the manicure in question elsewhere. Paula will sue for the substantial medical bills, lost profits, and extreme, ongoing pain and suffering she says she endured because of the salon's negligence

Kiwonk 06-03-2004 02:15 PM

yeeha, Paula Abdul crying and sucking her thumb :bb: -- I'd pay to see that video :lol:

Well, satellite is being installed tomorrow. :cb: Now I just have to clean up the house so they can get the cables in place. Oh the price we pay for entertainment. I'll be spending all my free time watching BBC and the Food channel.

I'll be over tomorrow to walk with you and protect you from the doggies, Peachie. Here's what I do when I go for a walk where there are dogs barking at me. I call out "Hi Doggy" :wave:. That puts them in their place right quick. :D

Sugar I see you're not getting in any exercise this week. Me neither. I seem to be totally stuck in a rut. At least I'll get a walk later today (my walkwalkwalkreadreadwalk day).

Cherry, way to go on those pounds! Progress in the right direction!

Kiwi

SugP 06-03-2004 02:41 PM

A botched manicure! Oh no!

Quote:

Originally Posted by one of Paula's closest friends

She was able to walk away with her thumb...

:D :D :D

Bagzie! You are just SO up on all the news! Poor, dear Paula. :devil:

Yay for the satellite thing, Kiwi! We're planning on getting some package when we get back from vacation that will apparently let us get 80 million English channels instead of just boring CNN International. I know I'll be glued to the cooking shows the whole time. And yes, you saw right, I'm slacking off this week. May squeeze in something tonight but I dunno.

Wabby 06-03-2004 06:01 PM

Poor Paula! Do you think it's karma? I guess if you dis too many ppl about their singing ability it comes around. That will teach her to give ppl the thumbs down. Hee.

Cherry, trust the WW scales. They do not lie. If you keep it up they will be telling you that you've lost 20 pounds.

Yes, Peach, that is the color. The real problem with it is that garden dirt cannot be disguised with nails this color. I usually wear gloves, but sometimes if I'm walking along I'll see a weed that can't wait for gloves.

Kiwi, satellite tv is no excuse for not posting. Just want to make that perfectly clear. The reason the cat likes the roof is our dogs like to chase him. So far they haven't been able to follow him up on the roof.

Lohani 06-03-2004 08:40 PM

I like an american manicure..but you're right, Wabby, it shows dirt. Isn't Paula the nice American Idol person???? Why do we hate her?????

Kiwi, my dh also thinks that economizing is me cutting down and him buying whatever-the-**** he wants. I don't think that the sat. dish will be ok in the long run. We have hundreds of channels but there's never anything on. However, the Daily Show is on and reruns of 3rd rock. That's worth 40bucks a month to me.

Cherry take the loss. Wouldn't they know best?????

I have to go hound people to do homework. bye

Kiwonk 06-03-2004 08:56 PM

See, that's the other thing I need more of--The Daily Show. I haven't watched that in months. I've been forced to get my news from legitimate news sources.

Paula Abdul seems a bit overly nice to me sometimes, kind of fake, but then I haven't watched any American Idol past the first tryouts this season.

Oh, guess who signed up for "Katahdin Idol" -- a local fundraiser this summer. DD -- hard to believe, but true. Can't even picture her singing pop songs at all.

Kiwi

Bagzz 06-03-2004 09:59 PM

dd will win Mt K Idol---my prediction!!----KIWONKERS!!! YOU CAN WATCH JON STEWART'S RANTS ON HIS WEBSITE!!! IT IS TOTALLY AWESOME----HE LIKES BUSH AS MUCH AS YOU GUYS!!!! I am in love with his sweet face!!!!!-----------lush we like paula but she is a candyass----------your tea will be there soon,peachbody-------CONGRATULATIONS CHERRY--------------wabby---don't let them pick at your nails----just let them polish them