3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Moo-tivated to Mooooo-ve (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/40867-moo-tivated-mooooo-ve.html)

Lohani 05-19-2004 07:11 AM

Moo-tivated to Mooooo-ve

Isn't 11 a bit excessive? I have started a new thing...I get up and stretch before I do ANYTHING. It only takes a few minutes, and it improves my day. I have a Pilates dvd...should I try it? Is it hard? Do you think I HAVE a powerhouse? We'll see. I can't walk for exercise. I hate seeing people and having to be friendly. It feels pointless.

I am not working today. Instead I plan to put my ivy on my fence. I have bought rabbit wire(that is what they called it) to make baskets that will hang off the fence. I will hang them with moss inside with dirt in the moss and the ivy plants. Hopefully the ivy will actually grow and make my fence beautious.

I did not get to vote. Sorry. How did she do?

I must take my kids to school. bye

Lohani 05-19-2004 03:18 PM

Isnt' it rude to ignore me all day?

Kiwonk 05-19-2004 04:52 PM

Yes

Kiwonk 05-19-2004 04:53 PM

How dare we?

Kiwonk 05-19-2004 04:59 PM

I'm feeling obnoxious today. Can you tell?

Your ivies sound delightful. Is that the plural of ivy? Looks funny. I am still not doing anything exercisy. That's not a word either.

I'm having an exciting day: I'm cleaning the filters in my vacuum cleaner. MMM I can hardly wait to get back to it.

Kiwi

Cowpernia 05-19-2004 05:02 PM

I wasn't ignoring you. I was at the awards ceremony at your nephew's school. He got a certificate for a 4.0 gpa; for exceptional work in American history; and for that kind of work in the "reading across the genres" class.

His first semester science teacher told me DS was his best student. I tried to hint that a certificate would have been nice if that were true.

Kiwi was ignoring you and others still are. Chloe outcome???

Wabby 05-19-2004 07:16 PM

I won't know the Chloe outcome until this evening when I watch the taped show.

Lohani, your ivy on the fence sounds beautiful. Pictures please.

I am slowly creeping back up the scales. I think I'm depressed. Actually I know I'm depressed. I may take up anti depression walking. If I'm not feeling too lousy.

Cowperboy is doing wonderfully. Cowper must be so proud.

Kiwonk 05-19-2004 09:54 PM

Life is a beach and I am a whale.

One of our friends got a job in Augusta, GA and is leaving this weekend. He is leaving his wife and 4 dogs here. Her choice, apparently. Not because they want to separate, just sounds like too much trouble to move, I guess. How's that for apathy? I think the whole world is depressed. Do you suppose our parents were like this? Or did they just do more self-medicating, booze and pills or something. I remember my mother taking "tranquilizers" when she quit smoking. She was only in her mid-30s then.

Congrats on the Peachboy's honors. Many more to come I'm sure. I wonder when DD's awards day is, hmmm, guess I'd better ask. Don't think she'll volunteer it.

DD got a letter in the mail today saying she got in the 2 weeks she wanted at guitar workshop this summer. She is really looking forward to this. Everybody there will be motivated guitarists. I'm sure it will be a great experience. She is taking jazz guitar one week and modern rock guitar the next, with additional classes in music theory, live sound tech, songwriting, jazz improvisation, and playing in a rock band. Cool, huh?

Tomorrow is my drivedrivedrivewalkwalkreadreadwalkdrivedrivedrive day. Ta

Kiwi

Lohani 05-20-2004 06:35 AM

I am working today, but my kids don't have school. This is my fav way to work. I've discovered that the main thing I don't like about working is that after getting three(really four, DH is no morning person either) I have to get myself out, too. It turns out that I'm the easiest one to deal with...no surprise there.

I've made my bed and stretched already. It is only 6:29.

Congrats on Nephew's awards. Our school sends an invitation to the parents so there is no chance of anyone not being informed.

I await the news of Chloe.
L

Cowpernia 05-20-2004 07:19 AM

this is how I deciphered Kiwi's post.

1. she drives somewhere far
2..walks for maybe 40 minutes
3. reads three chapters in a novel
4. walks 20 minutes back toward the car
5. drives home

I am concerned that she isn't walking all the way back to the car.

Lolo, I think I'm the easiest person to deal with, too. Certainly I'm easier than anyone I grew up with.

Have to take ds to the airport this morning. then I'm alone til Monday. this isn't good. I am alone TOO MUCH. What is the solution?

SugP 05-20-2004 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cowpernia

I am concerned that she isn't walking all the way back to the car.

Maybe she walks twice as fast? :smug:

Today is Father's Day in Germany as well as Ascension Day which Lush already knows about because her kids are home just like mine are (including dh) except mine are home tomorrow too AND then get May31-June 1 off for Whitsun. And we're not even Catholic. Just imagine. :o

I exercised. I don't want to be chunky any more.

Cowpernia 05-20-2004 01:56 PM

Sugarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, it is so so so hard to lose a pound and so sosooooooo easy to put it back on. Why Why Why???WWIWFUJ*WIHFhjklf What are we to do???? WE dcan't go on liek tho8is? Do you understand? We must not get agitated. We must stay on course but hte curw doens't work!!! IT doens't. Well, it make sus feel happier and limberer and healtherir but stilll I'm carry8ing a big fat butt everywhere i go. Hrmph. DS is in the air.

Wabby 05-20-2004 02:25 PM

The Peach is speaking a foreign language. Peach, enjoy the solitude. I would love some alone time. At home alone time, anyway. I get plenty of at the office alone time.

Chloe did not win the cutest baby award, but I'm sure the contest was rigged because she obviously was the cutest. It's kind of like LaToya London being voted off American Idol. A travesty. She did receive a lovely consolation prize for being in the finalist category. A gift certificate for a fancy schmancy children's clothing store.

Sugar are you paying DH back for mother's day or taking the high road? Also known as the road paved with guilt???

Kiwi, do you mean your friend is permanently moving to Augusta, but permanently leaving his wife behind in Maine? or is this temporary, because if it's permanent I'd call that divorce. You can't maintain a marriage and not live in the same state. You know, I get depressed, but DH and I are still good together. I don't know what I'd do without him. My Dr. says that everybody is depressed these days because we live waaay too stressful lives, and that nobody used to live like this. Think about it. Wouldn't you be much less depressed if you didn't have to listen to the news all the time?

I think my depression is work related. I'm just fine if I can spend the day working in my yard. Unfortunately that's not possible.

Kiwonk 05-20-2004 10:01 PM

Yes, Wabbit, he is apparently taking this as a permanent job. One week of each month he will be in Canada, and supposedly the weekends on each end of that week, he will spend here with the wife. So, if they were the sort of couple who barely see each other during the week, and only spent weekends together, that would be like only cutting in half the time they spent together. Of course, they never did live that way: they both work in the same office, but still. Yeah, it kind of looked the equivalent of a real separation, if not divorce, to me too. Some question I suppose of whether she will reconsider when she finishes her college degree she's working toward at the moment (less than a year left I think), but personally I don't see her picking up and moving. And yet, I'll bet they don't get a divorce. That's what I meant about the apathy.

Or maybe I'm projecting my own feelings -- Of course, if DH moved somewhere for a job, I'd be packing up this dump with glee and following. BUT, the scenario that's been kicked around here alot, that he might "retire" (no, he's not old enough) and go sailing for an extended time, does not appeal to me AT ALL and I would seriously consider staying here and letting him go off alone. And it feels sort of like apathy. I don't like it, but there it is.

Quote:

1. she drives somewhere far
2..walks for maybe 40 minutes
3. reads three chapters in a novel
4. walks 20 minutes back toward the car
5. drives home

Close; I don't think I was quite accurate. Technically, what I did today was drivedrivedrivedrivedrivedrivewalkwalkwalkreadread walkrideriderideriderideride.
The reason the first walk is 3x as long as the second one is that I walk for 30 minutes, end up at the library, read for 20 minutes, then walk back to the music school, which is only 10 minutes from there. I have this down to a science. I even have a specific book at the library with a hidden bookmark in it. I've become a very odd person, haven't I? The reason I do this is that I discovered that this library had this particular book I really wanted to read, but I can't take it out -- I don't have a card there (I don't live in that town). I've asked my library to get the book, but they haven't yet.

I'm with Sugar, I don't want to be chunky either. Let's quit being chunky.

Kiwi

Cowpernia 05-20-2004 11:09 PM

ok. let's all stop being chunky. Now.