3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Moo-tivated to Mooooo-ve (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/40867-moo-tivated-mooooo-ve.html)

Kiwonk 05-27-2004 10:44 PM

Those sound interesting. Is it a pain to read in German, or pretty natural?

I hate to say it, but I am doing the same thing these days: eating everything in sight. Plus not exercising. Sometimes I get so I can't even think of anything healthy to eat. Tunnelvision for whatever's fattiest. Oy.

Went to high school chorus and band concert tonight. Very nice. DD, in addition to playing clarinet in band and singing in chorus, played electric guitar for one of the songs, a number from Hairspray. They also gave out awards. DD got her School Letter in Performing Arts. I think you have to have participated in at least 4 extra-curricular activities to get it.

Tomorrow I have get up at 5am and take DD to school so she can go on her French Club trip to Quebec City. 3 days, should be tres bien. They are staying at the Frontenac. Oolala

Kiwi

Lohani 05-28-2004 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiwonk
Sometimes I get so I can't even think of anything healthy to eat.

My problem exactly. Last night the healthiest thing I could manage was to have my cheesesteak on potato chips rather than eating the roll.

I never exercise....despite having the pilates tapes ready for me...maybe for the summer. I need a powerhouse.

Now I have to go to work. I must shower first...dd has to have her pre-employment drug test this am...she has a job at the grocery store...she's a cashier. She has to have a drug test to be a cashier but I don't have to have one to be a teacher...isn't that a riot?????????? I did have to have a VD test, so I guess they're looking out for the kids somehow.

I must go....bye

Cowpernia 05-28-2004 07:54 AM

DS is out of school and has no laptop no more. Therefore, he took over the puter yesterday. But he also walked with me. He wanted to go diving. The preacher who believes I'm not saved invited him when we went to the church and followed up last week. But because of asthma he has to get doctor approval.

Speaking of that, DS is getting a county job. They have indoor and outdoor jobs and he deliberately didn't check a preference. I would have. One is air conditioned. One is 100 degree heat. But I'm trying to let him do his own thinking. I just go an email from this woman who is sort of like a grandmother to him telling me she doesn't know if he could handle an outdoor job. Now I feel terrible. I can go talk to them today but it may be too late. I just feel terrible period. Depressed. Hopeless.

Here's what we had for dinner: pork tenderloin left over; boneless pork chop grilled by DS, peppers and onions left over; squash steamed and fried in olive oil; carrots boiled and buttered and fake-sugared; salad of Romanine, blue cheese crumbles and mushrooms with seasoned rice vinegar. All yummy.

Cherry Cow 05-28-2004 08:24 AM

Peaches, it sounds like DS made his own decision. I would have checked the air-conditioning option as well, but it seems he's old enough to decide something like this for himself. Is his asthma the problem?

I have not magically lost weight despite being on weight watchers for THREE WHOLE DAYS! In fact, I feel fatter.

Sugar P, sounds like a good mix of books. That Balzac book is on my list. The most recent books I read were Lullaby by Chuck Palahniuk, Lolita, and The Secret Garden by Donna Tartt. All three were excellent, though deeply disturbing. I haven't decided what to read next. Maybe Kristin Lavransdattir for a change of pace. I've been a reading maniac lately since I probably won't have time to read when classes start June 7.

I have not exercised but about seven times this month. I am so unmotivated. Just don't want to exercise. My back hurts today... it hurts if I go more than two weeks without doing weights. My new Cathe tapes are due in Tuesday (but of course, I hope I get them Saturday!) This'll be my last batch for a long time since I'm using my workout tape budget and then some to pay for WW. It better work!!!

Kiwonk 05-28-2004 03:01 PM

What a relief that they have the teachers tested for VD... :?: Surely that puts all the parents' minds at ease.

I have to say "cheesesteak on potato chips" has such a ... hmm ... Pennsylvania Dutch feel to it... Don't they deep-fry their pies too?

We sent DD off on her trip to Quebec and I went back to bed. I couldn't get up until 1:30. How's that for a wasted day?

I'm sure DS will manage on the job this summer, Peachie. Hard not to worry about it, I know, especially when you factor in the asthma thing. He pretty much can deal with an asthma attack himself if it happens, can't he? Or not?

MUST DO SOMETHING MUST DO SOMETHING MUST DO SOMETHING GOODBYE

Kiwi

Bagzz 05-28-2004 04:33 PM

okay

[COLOR=YellowGreen]okay---so i have a giant headache and will have to do without a Margie tonight----i can't decide if i am depressed because we have had NO SUN for weeks,or if i am just depressed because i am depressed. I know how you feel about Ds,Peachie----i am always trying to micro-manage my girl's jobs-------------i get too involved and then feel responsible when it doesn't work out!!!! maybe if he does get outdoor work he can "transfer" if it's too crappy??!!anyway----sounds like everyone is keeping busy at your house Kiwonkers------you should post a pic of Chateaux Frontenac----the girls will be jealous----it is an amazing hotel-----Old Quebec is one of my most favourite places----it's just like being in Europe---simply gorgeous!!!!!!---------------she will have a wonderful time i am sure------has anyone read "the way the crow flies"{ann marie macdonald---- or We Need to Talk About Kevin: A Novel by Lionel Shriver??? i have them both and have not started either---------------------cherry????? :dz: :dz:

Kiwonk 05-28-2004 05:37 PM

You don't think a :cheers: might help the :headache: ?

Oh by the way, loved your pics from Colo., just too lazy this week even to send out email. Man, that's serious laziness, huh? Last night I was IMing my sister and she had to go so I told I'd send her an email. I didn't. I am a slug.

This afternoon I went out to see what microwaves might be available for sale in town. Ours died last week. Probably would cost more to fix it than to replace it, which is sad. I actually like that microwave. Oh well, now I have to buy a new one. The place in town turns out to be too expensive -- I can get similar ones in "the city" for about $40+ less. Hate to drive there though: it now costs about $15 in gas to make that trip. Ridiculous.

Anyway, after I gave up on microwaves, I went to the satellite TV dealer. We stopped our big satellite dish programming because it was getting more expensive for fewer channels, and we've been watching snowy TV for several weeks. Our "local" channels are too far away to come in clearly. So we're thinking of going to DishTV. So I go in the store and who's there? DH. Great minds, eh? So we haven't decided yet. I want more than the basic channels, DH wants Tivo. It all adds up to too much.

Going to watch Big Fish and Fargo later. There's a contrast for you.

Kiwi

Kiwonk 05-29-2004 05:29 PM

Well, it's Saturday night and I'm posting a reply to myself. Poor lonely dear, eh? Not really, I've had a totally relaxing day:bubbles:, sleeping late, dallying on the 'puter :comp:, drinking coffee :coffee: .

Then it occurred to me that my daughter will be gone for another day and a half! Oh, the possibilities! Yes, I will seize the opportunity! Indeed, I will strip her bed, wash all her bedding and air out her featherbed!

Yeah? What were you thinkin'? :devil:

Kiwi

Cowpernia 05-29-2004 05:46 PM

why aren't u on AIM? I'm alone too. Dropped DS off at church for a youth party. Despite my pleadings, he wore a long sleeved drab tee shirt, long old beat up jeans, same old gray sneakers. When he's been alone at home this week, he has dressed SO CUTE

Kiwonk 05-29-2004 07:41 PM

Cute?

Cowpernia 05-30-2004 07:14 AM

A discussion of cute

By Peaches the Cow

DS's closet has a rod at the rod and one half way down. The closet is stuffed with shirts and a few pair of pants. All through the school year, he wore the same clothes: solid color (usually black or white) with a non-memorable graphic on it. He has many pairs of sneakers but always wears the same grey ones that are rundown and need replacing. When I mention getting new ones, he says "I have shoes I don't wear." This is so true. But they are white and not getting any less white and he doesn't seem to care for white.

When school was out and I went to work and left him home for two days (he can come with me whenever he chooses) I came home to find him wearing black jeans with a belt. Tucked into these non-frayed non-holed jeans was a bright tie-dyed shirt with the logo of the Love-in in Miami he attended.

The next day, I came home to find him in shorts (he never wears shorts) and a button-up shirt of a cream color with a little tan pattern on it. It was not tucked in.

To go to a party he wore the same gray shoes, jeans that aren't white everywhere because they've been worn so much, a raglan-sleeve shirt with red sleeves and blue body. The shirt is too short. When I picked him up he looked miserable ... until he got in the car. Then I found out he went swimming. They took the kids to the lake and provided swim suits for those who didn't know to bring them. He went canoeing by himself (a goal for years as Herbie has a canoe and lives on the bay and we wouldn't allow him to go off by himself) and that adorable girl who is probably the reason we go to this church was in attendance.

I went out yesterday morning to walk. It was so beautiful at 6 a.m. I walked five minutes south, heard dogs barking and turned around. Walked one block past my house and heard dogs. Went to my back yard and into the woods. Heard dogs. It's probably all the same dogs. I am so frustrated.

Are adolescent girls easier than boys?

Bagzz 05-30-2004 07:50 AM

Yes!!!

they whine alot more ,but they are easier because at least most of the time you KNOW what they are thinking!!!! and some of them even tell you on a regular basis----dd20 kept her cards pretty close to her chest as a teen,but is very open now----dd18 is a total open book-----------at the awards dinner for school the other night dd18's boyfriend's mom sat with us----she has three sons who are teens---she said to me " girls are so much more fun "-----she talks to my girl all the time to get the scoop on what's up!!!------she said it can be lonely raising boys for a woman { the husband is a great guy but his job has him travelling frequently} ANYway---that is my perspective on it peach,and as far as my ds goes ,he is only nine so i don't think i can tell yet---so far he is fairly talkative but that could change so easily--------------life can be so annoying----get ds a girlfriend and then SHE can fill you in!!!!! ;) I have to play guitar at two masses this weekend and i have to play at a wedding next weekend---i hate having things i HAVE to do---how's that for whining!!!!

Cowpernia 05-30-2004 08:33 AM

I think you whine beautifully. You're right about girls telling stuff Ds won't but even boys do! When I'm around any of his friends I find out stuff.

I barely know who Cameron Diaz is but I have June 1 Woman's World and found this interesting:

Page 19 .. She was paid $32 million for Charlie's Angels. Drew Barrymore (way cute) got $23 million and Lucy Liu a teensy $5 million.

Page 9 .. You can get a "back-from-the-beach" look like Diaz by highlighting your collarbones with a bronze colored boush. She loves "Paper Doll Body Blush in Ginger."

Page 4 .. Cameron Diaz is shaped like an apple (LOL LOL LOLLLLL) with thin legs and a thicker middle. It tells what style bathing suit to wear with you share this problem with her. She's 5'9". Tall apple.

Kiwonk 05-30-2004 02:24 PM

Not all girls are an open book, by any means. DD is more like Bagz' DD1 -- sometimes she talks, sometimes she doesn't. If you ask her questions, she clams up. I learn lots more from her friends than I do from her. Too bad they're all getting their licenses--I'm not going to be driving them as much!

Re: DS's cute clothes :chin: My conclusion is that there are hot chicks in the neighborhood he's trying to impress. When he goes to places where he knows people, he doesn't want to look cute, he wants to look his normal self. If he showed up with different clothes he would get no end of sh*t.

Girls aren't all that much different anyway -- they just have more clothes. DD wears about 5 different pairs of pants--a couple of them are jeans, a couple of them are those huge baggy things that look like skirts from a distance (fortunately they fit her at the waist) and a new pair of light pink pants with numerous fabric ties flowing off them. Then there are the requisite logo tees, the older the better (many are mine from when I was skinny), tank tops with shirts over them, t-shirts with shirts under them. And a hooded sweatshirt. Doesn't sound very normal, does it? She's not exactly a crowd follower. And the only shoes she will wear are Vans--suede sneakers. She has 3 pairs--new, old and good-god-you're-not-wearing-those!?

She loves to take something ancient of mine and make it her own. I think this is great, but there is one drawback -- she wears them to death. I have a very cool shirt that I swiped from my brother back in high school. It was strange for a boy's shirt -- sort of a "mod" thing. Long sleeved, button-down with a black background with small neon colored flowers all over it. It was very cool at the time. DD has been wearing it and has totally worn through the sleeves :mad:

Peaches, the dogs are not trying to kill you! They are barking because they hear someone coming. That is their job. Now I suppose it is possible that they are all loose, but if that's the case, you would see them roaming all over the place. If they are not loose and just barking, they can't hurt you! If you walk past their house, it gives their lungs some exercise. Would you deprive them of this? Have some compassion--dogs need exercise too! ;) (Although I would draw the line at letting them chase you for exercise...)

Kiwi

Bagzz 05-30-2004 04:43 PM

if you let them chase you for excercise,i will pay you five bucks----especially if you let someone videotape it.