3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Moo-tivated to Mooooo-ve (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/40867-moo-tivated-mooooo-ve.html)

SugP 05-22-2004 04:31 PM

Bacon

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cowpernia
I am bacon. Isn't bacon the fat from the belly of the hog? If I run my hand down the front of my body, beginning under where the bra would be if I had one on, there is a cliff. That's where the bacon starts. It runs all the way down past the hip bones.

We're twins!! I knew it! 'Cept MY bacon starts at my belly button and goes right down to the unmentionables. Other parts of my body are relatively bacon-free. This is very annoying. First we're chunky, and now this.

That teacher is freaking me out. Are you going to be able to keep an eye on him, Lush? Or get someone else to do it?

Last time I was at McDonald's I noticed I could get a burger and fries AND a drink all for less than one of their fancy salads cost, so guess what I got. It's their fault I'm fat, isn't it?

Kiwonk 05-22-2004 05:15 PM

Why did the turtle cross the road?

Kiwonk 05-22-2004 05:23 PM

Of course it is their fault. If they wanted you to be thin, they would feed you healthy food for a low price. I can't wait to see the documentary about the guy who practically killed himself eating McD's.

Cowpernia 05-22-2004 05:34 PM

I have waited a long long time to be able to correct Kiwi.

The food is healthful not healthy. Because you eat it, you are healthy.

Ever since little Lush built a sand castle in the playground and Kiwi came along and built a BIGGER BETTER ONE making little Lush cry, I've been waiting to get even. It has taken FOREVER!!!

i don't understand your and Sugar's thingies. You have a picture, for example, of an M&M walking and a number after it. The number may be more than 7 thus throwing out the theory that it's the number of times this week you've walked.

'Splain.

Kiwonk 05-23-2004 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cowpernia
The food is healthful not healthy.

Not at McDonald's it isn't :s:

Hmph, I don't remember that incident with Lushie. All I remember is you making me wear that lacy pink sunbonnet and then pointing and laughing.

The numbers of :dancer: and so on represent cumulative weeks and stuff. We just like to see a lot of activity going on in our sigs.

:wave:Kiwi, Corrected

SugP 05-23-2004 04:12 PM

Yawn.

Nothing to report. I hate Sunday evenings. The start of another crappy week just like all the other crappy weeks EXCEPT this Tuesday is my birthday. Got that? How did I get to be so old all of a sudden?

After the Mother's Day fiasco (yes, Wabby, I took the high road and went all out for Father's Day. Can you say guilt trip?) dh is apparently planning a birthday extravaganza. The kids are in charge of dessert. Pretty scary.

Cowpernia 05-23-2004 05:01 PM

sugar do you have a treadmill? or tredmill? do you use it? like it? recommend one? etc. so forth.

how can you hate Sunday evenings? what happens? I find them inoffensive.

Kiwonk 05-23-2004 05:14 PM

I like Sunday evenings -- especially after having gone to an early family dinner -- I can't possibly be expected to cook a full meal. Leftovers or breakfasty stuff is the rule. Plus I know in the morning everyone else is going to back to their job/school. yay. And "Alias" is on.

We just got back a little while ago from my MIL's birthday dinner. We made her a card with a nice photo on the front. Other people gave her presents. I don't feel guilty -- I wonder if DH does?

Kiwi

SugP 05-24-2004 01:18 AM

Peachy's asking ME about fitness equipment??

I've never liked Sunday night. Don't know why. Makes me think of all the stuff I wanted to do on the weekend that I didn't do, I guess. But it IS nice when everyone goes off to school/work, you're right about that.

We have an "elliptical strider". It's not a treadmill. It's kind of a combination of a treadmill, exercise bike and stepper. It's sort of like riding a bike standing up and you can hold on to the handles and move your arms at the same time. Bagzie says it's like slogging through mud but I like it because I can feel my muscles working. I do use it - look on my exercise thingie - the M&M on the treadmill is me using it. I got up to 45 mins on Saturday without dying so if I can do it, so can YOU. You can watch TV while you're doing it, but reading is hard. I think you can read on a treadmill.

Wabby has a treadmill and so does Cherry. Better ask them about that because I don't have a clue.

Have to volunteer at school today, take the kids to the dentist and make pork chops for dinner. I lead such a full life.

Cowpernia 05-24-2004 07:38 AM

WELCOME HOME BAGZIE PIE

Wabby 05-24-2004 12:12 PM

I have a treadmill, Peaches. DD uses it quite often. I use it in short bursts. Like several days at a time, then nothing for a month or so. I have a hard time walking outside where I live too. I have the problem with dogs, cars, no sidewalks, and rednecks too. Sometimes you take your life in your hands just to cross the street to the mailbox.

Welcome Cookie! Good to hear from you again.

Sunday evenings always make me sad. I never accomplish all I wanted to over the weekend. The house is never sparkling clean. The laundry is never all washed & put away. The only good thing is watching the Sopranos and it's almost over for the season.

I need my kids and my kid's friend to move out. I'm tired. I can't do this anymore. They are 21 and 24. They have jobs. They could all get a house together. Did I mention that I'm tired. Maybe Grandpa Jim could move in with them.

Kiwonk 05-24-2004 03:47 PM

Isn't it funny that we all think of those smilies as M&Ms, not smilie faces?!

45 minutes on that torture apparatus is amazing, Sugar! I'm very impressed. You're becoming a hardbody! :workout:

Gee, I thought I was the only one who had a crappy place to walk. I don't have the dog/redneck problem--nobody lives within walking distance, although people do seem to enjoy throwing out their trash all over which is pretty redneck--but I also live on a highway with no sidewalks. It was so thrilling after last summer because they remade the road right in front of our house and put a bit of paved shoulder in that wasn't a hazardous crumbly mess. Most places it's still too narrow to feel comfortable when the log trucks come whooshing by, but some areas it's downright enjoyable.

When we first moved here, I used to walk regularly in a lovely area across the dam. You used to be able to walk across the top of the dam and over to a system of cross-country ski trails (we could even ski across it in the winter, believe it or not). It was so nice--a lot of it is through the woods, but the trails are wide enough for easy walking, and it goes by a lovely pond, a part of the river where there are beaver dams, and parts of the lake too. Then the damn paper company put up a fence on either side of the dam and padlocked it. At the time, DH was in charge of the crews that worked on the hydro power plant, so he had a key, but he wouldn't let me use it:mad:. I used to take DD in a baby carrier (front pack) for walks over there almost every day in the summer, and I think for either 1 or 2 summers after that until they locked it up. Now I would have to walk a long way to get to these trails and back, so it's too far. On this side of the dam, there aren't any trail systems so walking through the woods is difficult, and the other alternative is walking the railroad track :no:

Wabbit, I think you need to put up a household job schedule. Stop being mom and start being house mother. 3 young adults should contribute enough to keeping up with the house so that it's at least not a burden on you to have them there. Granted it will take a while to train them, but it could be worth it. Ever live in communal housing? I lived in a coed frat in college; for most of the time I was an officer in the house and I could assign jobs. We had a "job wheel" where everybody had to do one thing a week like vacuuming, mopping floors, cleaning a bathroom or the kitchen, raking leaves etc. It was a pain to make some of them do it, but it was fun being in control of the operation :s:

Kiwi

Wabby 05-24-2004 04:34 PM

Kiwi, I know that they should help out, and they all say that I should just ask.... but I ask and ask and they always agree amiably, then do nothing. Until I blow my stack then they say "geez, all you need to do is ask!I think the real problem is that they are too old to be living at home.

Sugar is amazing. Those eliptical thingies are much harder than treadmills. I wouldn't last 10 minutes.

Welcome home Bagzie. How was the trip??

The turtle crossed the road to get to the other side.

Kiwonk 05-24-2004 05:58 PM

Oh yeah, I forgot about the turtle. We have turtles crossing the roads up here a lot too. I'm sure they would express their displeasure if I tried to reroute them.

Quote:

Until I blow my stack then they say "geez, all you need to do is ask!
Don't you hate that? That's why you have to assign them stuff and put it on a chart. Then they can't claim you didn't ask.

kiwi

Wabby 05-24-2004 06:25 PM

OK, Kiwi. I'll try your plan. My plan isn't working. I'll give it a week and let you know how it goes. Actually it will take me a week to make the chart.

I went to lunch w/ my big sis. She's really not big, but you know. She just had her 2 year AA anniversary. She's doing so wonderfully, you wouldn't even know she's the same person as she was before.