Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2004, 07:23 PM   #181  
One step at a time...

S/C/G: 236/236/166

Wow ladies! We are at 115#! Ladies that is awesome!!!
Old 05-25-2004, 11:43 PM   #182  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

I have lost 24 lbs as of this morning You can add that to the total 139 #
Michelle
Old 05-26-2004, 02:24 AM   #183  

thanks for all your support and kind words. I'm pretty well over him- at the moment. ask me in 45 minutes and we'll see. And am eating like a sane person.
On top of all that- I did an HOUR on the eliptical tonight. Without realizing. It was amazing. And then I did weights. I amaze myself.
Weight's the same. Which is a bit of a downer. But considering the way I've been porking out on salt and fat... I'm not surprised. Oh well. I've toned up some muscle(?) and I've clearly built up some endurance! I'm still proud and still motivated.
And I'm so proud of you all. Goodness! That's a lot of weight lost. Keep up the good work!
Old 05-26-2004, 08:50 AM   #184  
One step at a time...

Rachel - Good for you! I'd say that being the same weight is an accomplishment considering you were/are getting over a breakup and we all know how that can be! And doing an hour on the elliptical is probably more than I could even think of! Keep it up and you will be adding your numbers to this tally soon enough!!

BTW, ladies, I think we should keep a running tally as we all continue to lose, what do y'all think? I'll put the total in my signature and everytime someone loses more, post it and I'll add it in, or if anyone hasn't added their loss yet, yet let me know.... I think we will have an amazing number here!
Old 05-26-2004, 09:14 AM   #185  

Wow so collectively we've already lost a person!!! Woo hoo way to go!!

Jenn - where in Mass do you live? I used to live in Lincoln, concord, and newton and also spent a little time on the south shore But I live in Montana now and wouldn't trade it for the world!

Today is my official weigh in with my doctor so we'll see what she thinks of my progress I'm excited!

I hope you all have a wonderful morning!! I'll post later.
Michelle
Old 05-26-2004, 09:29 AM   #186  
One step at a time...

Good morning Michelle! at the doctor's! She should be proud of you... you are making great progress!

I live in Middleboro technically.... but I spend most of my time at y boyfriend's place in Raynham. I have lived in Massachusetts my whole life and sometimes I think it would be fun to live somewhere else but then I remember how close I am to my family and I think that it's not a good idea. My boyfriend grew up in Alabama, then move to Chicago before coming out here and he says he doesn't want to move again because he likes it here, so I guess I'm here to stay
Old 05-26-2004, 10:16 AM   #187  

Smile wow we are a bunch of LOSERS!!!!YAY!!!

WOW Can you hardley believe how much we have lost together....
Amazing.....

Kick boxing was GREAT last night we worked on abs at the end of the class and i am a little sore this A.M. Oh well no pain No gain!!! As the saying goes.

Jenn, WOW 1 hour on the eliptical.. I have a girl friend with one and she can do 1/2 hour I'll have to tell her about your accomplishment she would be here with us too if she had a computer.. she has lost 65lbs and it has taken her a year...she looks FABULOUS!!!!

Any way gotta run talk to everyone tomorrow(puppy day )....Jill
Old 05-26-2004, 01:47 PM   #188  
One step at a time...

Jilly- I wish I could take credit for that hour on the elliptical, but it was Rachel who did it... I was just commenting on how I didn't think I could last that long either.... I'm great that you are loving your kick boxing class - and you were worried about going the first time!

I am going to water aerobics tonight after the gym. I can't wait - I loved it last time, lots of fun...I might go tomorrow night too with my best friend.... I want to see a loss this weekend, hopefully this will help!
Old 05-26-2004, 03:59 PM   #189  

I just got back from my doctor and they are wicked impressed with my progress and dedication to getting happy!! I have lost 16 lbs (with clothes 20 without) since I saw them on April 30th!! They were happy with my journal and exercise and to keep it up. I was worried that I wasn't consuming enough calories but she said not to worry as long as I try to fit in 1000 calories a day minimum.

Jenn - I loved Massachussetts when I was younger and single and no kids lol it was great!!!! But I love montana because its so peaceful and such a great place for a family . If I remember right wasn't raynham where the dog track is/was? I only lived there for 5 years but loved it while I did

Well I'm gonna get off here and relax a bit. You all have a great Day!!

Michelle
Old 05-26-2004, 06:48 PM   #190  
Bacon Girlie

S/C/G: see signature

Height: 5/4

Default Hello!!!!

Sorry ladies, I think I missed posting yesterday. It's billing time at work and it's a little consuming!

Jenn, the tally is AWESOME! I'm so proud of us! And if we gain, we don't have to subtract...a pound gone is a pound gone...if you gain one back it's not the same pound LOL. Anyway, great idea. It's so nice to see the number!

Rachel, yay for the hour on the elliptical! I haven't done that yet, prob cuz I'm either too lazy or I'm running late at the gym and have to stop in time for a shower before they close. On my long days, I'll go for 55 minutes. 60 just sounds so...long. But it's quite often that 55 mins seems short. Yay for you. Now you can focus on doing 60 more often, and this time trying to increas your rotations. It's a challenge!

Jill - hooray for kickboxing. Perhaps some day I'll be so brave!

My eating has been terrible lately. I haven't been planning or been prepared so I'm just grabbing things. This morning, I am out of Cracklin Oat Bran and I stopped at Hardees to get an order of hash rounds. For lunch I had a grilled chx salad with the vinaigrette (expensive, but good!) and now McD's here has those apple dippers and that's a great, healthy snack.

I have been craving fried foods lately. That's my big bad scary craving. One of my favorite foods ever is fried chicken gizzards. I know, gross...but there is just something about them. You know, they are so low in fat (unfried)...about a gram of fat per 4oz serving, low in calories...but then deep fry them and man...I don't even know what the nutrition facts are. But I really have been craving greasy things.

Hope all of you are well. Have fun! I really don't think I'll be able to get to the gym tonite, but I think I'll do my 3-mile Walk Away the Pounds video instead. I'm so tired and have to help my husband prepare for his trip to Georgia in the AM.

"see" you all in the AM! I'll try to get on to post. Billing is due tomorrow and I'm already a bit behind!
Old 05-26-2004, 10:14 PM   #191  
One step at a time...

Michelle - Yes there is a dog track in Raynham....there used to be one in Taunton years and years ago, but I'm sure you are referring to Raynham. Congrats on the good doctor's visit! I told you that they'd be proud!

Girlie - I just followed through with your idea! The number is awesome! And at the gym I weighed in at 201.5#! That means I have one more pound to add to the tally! 140#!!! Woohoo! Look at us go!
Old 05-27-2004, 12:06 AM   #192  

Jenn - Way to go on the 1.5 # down!!!! You are almost there girly!!! So awesome I'm really happy for you!! I can't wait til I get there!!

Girlie - I hear ya on the cravings girl!! I don't crave fried foods but I crave cereal like crazy like cinnamon toast crunch mmmmm ok ok I need to stop talking about it lol. Sounds like you are managing though. I hope life slows down for you a bit

Well I just finished my 2 mile watp dvd so I'm gonna head off to bed I got a long day tomorrow. Did anyone catch American Idol tonight?? Oh it just brought me to tears!!! I was so happy for her!! Ok I'm outta here!! You all have a wonderful evening!

Michelle
Old 05-27-2004, 08:50 AM   #193  
One step at a time...

Thanks Michelle! I updated the tally this morning... I think we will be at 199 pounds lost before we all get to 199... It gives 'the race to 199' a second meaning!

Keep it up ladies!
Old 05-27-2004, 11:28 AM   #194  

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tae2tas
Ok Here’s my story…..

This time last year I was a nice size (the scale numbers were a bit high, but hey I’m 5’10). I recently went through a bit of stress and gained all of the weight I lost two years ago back. I don’t want to be skinny just satisfied with the way I look in clothes. I have just recently been diagnosed as a Type 2 Diabetic and have learned that my metabolism has seriously slowed down. I have an event to go to July 4th weekend and am aiming to loose at least 15lbs.
First of all..You wont lose 15 lbs by July the 4th unless you fast completely! And I am not advising that. Second,and more important is your sig line!!! If you think that way, you're are not respecting yourself and it's sad to read someone putting themselves down this way.YOU are a large WOMAN ...not a cow. I hope you can talk to someone about this .Good luck with your weight loss program.
Old 05-27-2004, 11:46 AM   #195  

Default Haven't posted in a while

Hey All
Well, I haven't posted in a long time - summer time is so busy for me with three kids. Ballgames, church musicals, finishing school - hectic is the only word that comes to mind! I only have a minute to post but I wanted to add my 55 lbs to the tally. I have lost 55 lbs so that takes us up to 195 - I think. Anybody got 4 more to add to get it to 199!!! I hope to have those 4 more by the end of next week! Keep up the great work all!
God Bless
DeenieM
Closed Thread