Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2004, 10:59 AM   #61  
One step at a time...

S/C/G: 236/236/166

I haven't weighed in yet this week...but I do have a small success of my own to share with you.... Before I started my exercise/'diet' I went shopping with my sister and tried on some pants myself...They would only fit in a 16 and the jeans I already owned from that store were a 14, so I wouldn't let myself buy anything...just kept wearing my 14s that are probably pretty stretched out..... Well, This weekend Tim decided we should go to the store because I kept having to pull my pants up as they settled lower...and the 14s fit with ease again! Not a huge deal, but it made me feel a little better!
Old 04-28-2004, 12:07 PM   #62  
Bound and Determined

S/C/G: 268/268/150

Height: 5'10"

That IS a huge deal, Jenn! Congrats on your accomplishment so far!

My good news for the day: it's unofficial until Friday, but I have met my goal of 222, which makes 10 whole pounds I have lost! Yay! I had set that goal for May 29th (my birthday), so now I just want to be out of the 220's by then.... 217-218 would be great.

Now I just need to get back on the treadmill. I'm going to go outside and mow the lower half of the lawn today (we've got a huge yard, so it's actually quite a bit), so that will give me some exercise, in addition to anything else I might do. And I'm keeping my calories low this morning, since I did horribly yesterday (road trip to grandparents' house) and today is Mom's birthday so there will be a big dinner (but probably no cake). I'm not going to worry about it too much. Cereal for breakfast, haven't figured out lunch yet, then steak and baked potatoes for dinner.

Oh goodness, lots to do today. I'd better go get to it.
Hope everyone has a great day!
~Miss E
Old 04-28-2004, 02:25 PM   #63  
A Mighty Thump

Height: 5 feet 4 inches!

It's nice to see everyone doing so well and having these little victories .

I have no news to share as yet, my next weigh day is Tuesday, so I will be sure to post some (hopefully positive!) results then. I am up 1lb from last week but to be honest I am happy with that as we had my in laws over this weekend and I came off the diet for their stay, plus it was my hubbie's bday so there was a little bit of cake. I thought I would be up a couple lbs so 1 is good, I am hoping next week to have shifted that pound.

I'm super busy today myself, we're finishing planting our vegetable garden today and I only have garlic, potatoes and a couple of tomato plants to put in. I'm really liking gardening and of course, it burns up some calories so liking it is just a bonus for me!
Old 04-29-2004, 10:20 AM   #64  
Bacon Girlie

S/C/G: see signature

Height: 5/4

Angry Bloated

My hump day wasn't good, y'all!

I felt so good on Tuesday, wearing my old jeans and such...but I was bloated all day yesterday...I decided to take off from the gym last night...I don't have to go 7 days a week...and that's cool cuz I think I needed it!

It sucks to feel bloated...especially when you are trying to keep upbead and on program, you just feel FAT. I'm still a bit today, but not as bad. Last night I figured being bloated means I can pig out and boy did I! I didn't feel like cooking and had a 6-inch steak and cheese sub and shared hand-cut CHEESE FRIES from a local spot with my husband while sitting on the couch watching Extreme Makeover LOL! I don't feel bad about it because I think I need that sometimes, and if I don't lose this week, I'll know why...I hope I'll be okay if I go to the gym each night for the rest of the week and stay active. It's just funny how sometimes when I get my cravings, I want it and I want it NOW!

So anyway, running late again this morning and am having animal crackers and diet coke for breakkie...when losing weight, you really have to be prepared and plan ahead. Hopefully, the bloating and the PMS stuff will be over by weigh in on Sunday and I'll have something positive to report!

In the meantime, my stomach will be messed up all day for eating such grease...that's what happens LOL!

There's my little confession...hope the rest of you are doing better than I am!
Old 04-29-2004, 11:01 AM   #65  

Hi!!!!
I just wanted to say thank you to all of you. I am very happy to see that so many of you are uccessful in this weight lost battle that we are fighting. I have been trying to lose weight forever and it is so difficult. At times I just think that its hopeless,I will never loose any weight and want to give up. That actually happens almost always. I found out about 3FC while playing on the comp and I am so happy I did. Reading all of your success stories has helped me and really motivated me. I am currently 190lbs and my goal is by June 1st to go down to 180lbs. Eventually I wan't to go to a total of 160lbs.
Once again just want to say THANK YOU!!!!
Old 04-29-2004, 02:20 PM   #66  
It is what it is...

Hi All - I am still doing well staying on program but no excercise, I may walk tonight with my husband, it if it not too hot, it may be about 78 degrees then and I get hot easily, I like exercising inside for the summer, I need the central air!!!

Girlie - dont beat yourself up over it, I have one of those days about every other week, and I think you do need it, if you constantly deprive and deprive and deprive yourself you will go nuts and then totally go off program, so dont feel guilty, you exercise and you do a great job!!

PR Goddess - Glad we could encourage you, yes it can be done if we stop cheating ourselves and stop making excuses...we have to actually follow our program and exercise...took me along time to realize this ( and it still is sometimes hard on the exercise part, ha ). Stick around

Everyone have a great day, talk later
Old 04-29-2004, 03:22 PM   #67  
One step at a time...

Last night I must have been full of energy because I can home from work, went to the gym, then went home and did my bellydance DVD while I waited to Tim... I just hope I see some results this week with the extra exercise and keeping my calories low all week...

Girlie- My mom said when she lost 60#, she was strict with herself 6 days a week and ate whatever she felt like on the 7th day, so don't worry about it... You do need to give yourself that day without the guilt

PuertoRicanGoddess- Welcome aboard! This is a great place to find the support you need and to get encouragement...Satine is right though it can still be hard sometimes, but you have to think about what you are going to get out of it: self respect...and to me that is worth every drop of sweat

Satine- Go for the walk even if it is 78 degrees outside...I know you'll be happy that you did....and we'll all be sooo proud of you!
Old 04-30-2004, 10:27 AM   #68  
Bacon Girlie

Thanks everyone, for the great support!

All we can do is the best we can for the time. It's not always going to be perfect. I think our thoughts themselves should grant us weight loss lol...but it just doesn't work that way!

I'm going to exercise each day this weekend and weigh in on Sunday and whatever happens, happens.

I hope all of you have a great weekend full of activity and yummy, healthy food choices!
Old 05-02-2004, 11:18 AM   #69  

Smile been busy

good morning all,
thought i'd visit quickly this am.. been busy all wknd. with my neices dance recital(it is our thing..I pay for the lessons and bring her to them and do the group mom thing) it is sooo much fun as I have two teenage boys so it gives me a chance to do gir stuff!!
I have managed to maintain all wknd. even with not being able to workout and eating whatever i can grab ...Oh well it is for a good cause....I will get serious again on Monday ..Hope you all had a good wknd....talk to you all soon.....
Jill
Old 05-03-2004, 07:58 AM   #70  
One step at a time...

Good morning all! Hope everyone is doing well on this dreary Monday morning...

I didn't get to check in all weekend because Tim's computer is acting up I did however get to go to the gym on Saturday morning and weigh in I was down .8#...not as much as I would have liked to see, but any downward movement is good...not to mention the ego boost I got from the girl in the gym telling me how good I looked - she totally made my day...

I took Sunday off from exercise as I figured I deserved it since I workouted everyday last week, that and the gym isn't open on Sundays and I won't do my bellydance tapes with Tim around to be an audience...I'm all set with that...

Well, I have to get some work done, (don't you just love Mondays?)....Have a great day!
Old 05-03-2004, 09:13 AM   #71  
A Mighty Thump

Morning ladies

Well, I had a dreadful week last week. It was that TOM so I wasn't feeling too great, didn't walk outside once although I did use our home gym to do light weights a couple of times and used the running machine twice. My motivation went out of the window last week, DH was supportive though and suggested it was due to it being that TOM.

I'm going out walking this morning though, still don't feel exactly thrilled about it but I have to keep up with the exercise or I'll just be letting myself down. My iPOD is charged and I am ready to go!

Have a good day all, will check back later, tomorrow is my weigh day *gulp*.
Old 05-03-2004, 11:41 AM   #72  

Thumbs up

hello everyone. i am sue (mother of samanthajo who will be 4rs old in dec). I am a single mom who is 45 yrs old. i had a big hernia that was fixed by surgery this past tuesday. my surgeon alittle over a month ago told me to lose weight before the surgery. i had allready lost 7 lbs before he told me that but it was on the track of going back up. welll after he told me that i went to see my family doctor and told him what he told me to do . well we came up with the atkins diet plan to work with. i started the atkins diet this past jan and had lost some but was putting it back on. i thought i cannot stay on this again but i made up my mind that I can do it all the way. yes i am doing good on it. yes i wish i could have bread but i really am not missing it as much as i thought. I am eating big meat portions ( more then maybe i should). I am doing the carbs the way i am suppose too. my weight when i started the aktins the second time around was 218 and i am 192 lbs now. i am doing so good on the plan that i plan to stay with it so i can get the rest of the weight off. MY FAMILY DOCTOR when we decied to go for this diet ,had done some blood tests and found out the way i am eating i am 2x more to have a heart attack than a normal person who is in good health. well i want to spend my time with my little girl in stead of food. Do not get me wrong I still want snickers bars and other chocolate but i have to control that and take charge of my life.MY DAUGHTER SAMANTHA J O HAS DOWNS SNYDROME AND I AM A SINGLE MOM. well i have only 30 more lbs that right now i want to lose. maybe more but i will see after 160 lb mark. I do go to all you can eat steak house and get broiled chicken ,a peice of steak , a small salad and vegs for the salad. i may have alittle sugar free jello too. i drink almost 3 quarts of water daily! i pee alot but my kidneys are doing great. i am wanting to cook more now but i want to come up with some spices and put in a jar to keep for chicken and beef. I just bought a flavor wave deluxe oven and it is GREAT . i just got done making a broasted chicken for lunch after while. i ate one small piece to see how it tasted. yummy. thanks for listening. sue
Old 05-03-2004, 01:09 PM   #73  
Bacon Girlie

Arrow Hello!

Well hello everyone - I hope you all are well and are making good choices today!

Sue - Welcome! Please stay awhile and post about what you are doing and eating. We'll help you be accountable! We all make bad choices and we all make good, so stick around and share your trials and tribulations!

As far as myself - I am the same weight as last week! LOL Didn't lose or gain and I didn't make great eating choices last week so the exercise must have evened me out!

Better get going...gotta decide what I want for lunch...chicken? Hmm...

I will try to post more often!
Old 05-03-2004, 07:14 PM   #74  
One step at a time...

Welcome Sue! I would just like to join Girlie in asking you to stick around and share your progress with us...This is a great place for support because we are all going through it...

Girlie, Good for you on the no gain, I know we all like to see the scale moving downward but it's good to at least not see it go up when you've had a few bad food days... Keep up the good work and I'm sure that next week you'll see a loss!

I got back from the gym not too long ago and I weighed in while I was there, just to check up on myself, expecting it to be high since it was afternoon and all, but it was down again...WOO-HOOO! I officially made it to the 20% mark of my 50# goal... I was at 210.5 which makes exactly 10# gone!! I'm allexcited because my boyfriend said he'd get me a "prize" every time I reached a 10# goal...I guess this means I need to think of something

Have a great night ladies and keep yours spirits up....Together we will succeed!
Old 05-04-2004, 07:35 AM   #75  
A Mighty Thump

Good Morning Ladies

Great news! I got on the scales this morning for my weekly weigh in and they said....

198!

I broke 200! I couldn't believe it at first and thought the scales were broken but after stepping on them a second time, yup, 198 it is. I'm really proud of myself. I have had some bad days where I didn't stick 100% to my plan but for the most part I have eaten well and exercised almost every day.

Jenn, that's great news! Good luck picking your gift!

I hope everyone has a great day and is doing well.

Last edited by LynneA; 05-04-2004 at 07:38 AM.
Closed Thread