Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2004, 09:13 AM   #136  
One step at a time...

S/C/G: 236/236/166

Good morning everyone!

Wow, more new faces... this is just terrific!

Welcome Lanato! It's great that you are so motivated! Like Sheisaclerk said though, be careful where you draw that line for yourself.... When I was in junior high I weighed almost 230, then a went to a "smart kid's camp" and started walking all the time to get to class and stuff, well losing weight felt so go I decided I wasn't allowed to eat this and that and the list just kept growing, and I was barely eating anything...Needless to say I started getting sick...Just make sure you don't "punish" yourself too much and take it to an extreme

Jilly- That is sooo awesome! Isn't it such a great feeling to try something new and get that rush of excitement when you realize you just love it?! I'm so glad you are soo pumped for Thursday's class! I am trying something different tonight too....I am going to a water aerobics class....I can't believe I am going to get into a bathing suit There will most definitely be shorts worn over it, because my thighs are the 's work, yuck!

Sheisaclerk- Look at you go! Upping your working and discovering you could jog on the machine.... I've been thinking about going for a jog, just to see if I could do it, because I've always had trouble with jogging/running, but I keep putting it off out of fear of failing BTW, you are soo right about small successes feeling good.... The day I put my jeans on that I couldn't wear since last summer, felt soooo good, it was enough to make my own day

Happy Hump Day everyone!!
Old 05-19-2004, 10:27 AM   #137  

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. I guess first off I should clarify (so you guys don't think I am going insane here!)...When I said I was "punishing" myself by cleaning, I didn't really mean that literally. I've been reading the Dr. Phil book (The Ultimate Weight Solution) and what I REALLY meant (I think at the time I said punish for lack of a better word and because I really hate cleaning) was that when I get the urge to eat for no reason, which I often do between meals when I am NOT hungry at all, I will replace my bad habit with an incompatible action...like cleaning! That's what I meant. I'm not starving myself by any means, so please don't think I'm a nutcase here. So anyways, it's a beautiful day out here, and I am going to take my kids to the park this morning. I'm really excited about these new changes in my life, I think in one day I already feel more energetic. Last night I made a huge salad for dinner, and my husband (who can eat ANYTHING without gaining an ounce) didn't even complain! I think honestly my biggest fear was not having his support. After telling him everything I was feeling, how I longed to be thin again, how I wanted to change our eating habits, and exercise more, I was pleasantly surprised that he was behind me 100%! (Although the first exercise he suggested was...you guessed it...sex!) Well have a great day everyone!
Old 05-19-2004, 11:02 AM   #138  
One step at a time...

Men! They're all the same! LOL!

I just wanted to let you all know that I weighed in at the gym yesterday at 202.5, it's not an official weight until Saturday, but "ONEderland" is getting sooo close! Tim better start looking up trail rides

Hope everyone is having a great day so far!
Old 05-19-2004, 02:13 PM   #139  
Bacon Girlie

S/C/G: see signature

Height: 5/4

Red face Hump Day is here!

Good day, everyone!

I took the afternoon off yesterday and planned to get to the gym quite early, before the 5pm rush…but I went home and cleaned the kitchen and konked out as it stormed violently outside! It was a nice nap though! I had dinner/movie with a friend from Denver and ended up getting home close to midnight so I called it a night and went to bed. I always feel guilty when I don’t go to the gym. I know I don’t have to go every single day, but it just feels weird not having been. I will definitely be there tonite. I want to get there early so I can have a nice long workout and get to bed at a decent hour.

I’m hungry and we still haven’t gone grocery shopping yet since we cleaned out the fridge and defrosted the freezer so I’m not sure what I’m going to eat. This is a scary moment LOL. I’m broiling lamb steaks tonite with Chinese cabbage and zucchini…hmm. I had a slim fast granola bar this morning which was very good. Hmm. I might end up going through a drive through somewhere…and that could become scary!

LANATO – Welcome! I’m glad that you found us! Most of us have a goal of 199 here (if they haven’t already made it!) so you have found your place here! Welcome and share with us! LOL…hey, sex definitely can be a workout! That’s awesome that you have his support. When I started on April 1st, my husband wasn’t as supportive…but now he’s been meeting me at the gym and he’s *trying* to eat better LOL…his poor dear heart!

JILLY - That’s really awesome! Congratulations! I’m sure this will be a great boost to your workout and ONE-derland is just around the corner for you!

RACHEL – YAY! I’m proud of you! That’s exciting! That’s exactly what I do…I typically warm up on the bike for 15-30 mins and step it up in the last few minutes of the warmup. It really helps so when you get on the elliptical, your legs are all stretched and ready for the long haul. The elliptical is an awesome workout. I have a great CD that I listen to and I figured that if I don’t hold onto the bars, I can move my arms and twist at the waist to simulate running – and I think it helps tone the arms and waist as well. When I get on the elliptical tonite, I’ll think of you!

JENN – You are SO close!!!! I can’t wait until I am so close!

I am SO proud of everyone here! Pretty soon, this will be the “Race to 189”!!!! I really am glad that I can think of you guys when I eat and exercise and know that there are other people out there just trucking along like me!
Old 05-20-2004, 09:35 AM   #140  
One step at a time...

Morning ladies!

Boy am I pooped today! Yesterday I left work early for my psychologist appointment and then decided to make good use of the rest on my afternoon...

So I got my laundry all set and went to the laundrymat (which is worse than it sounds when you figure I had 3 loads and I carried them down 2 flights of stairs at the same time) Then when my clothes were in the dryer I went to the gym and did my workout there.

Next it was back home to drop off my clothes and get ready for the pool, then pick up my sister and head off to water aerobics...What a workout Ms. Ellen gave us! It was awesome! But after the class I was soo hungry and tired I didn't know if I wanted dinner or just to go home and pass out

It felt great to get some much exercise in in one day! I would have been pumped if I wasn't soo exhausted

BTW, did any of you girls read the "National Women's Magazine Wants To Interview You" post? I did and emailed the woman writing the article. She called me last night and 'interviewed' me, it was kind of cool....so being the dork that I am I will have to September magazine to see if she uses anything I said

Off to get some work done, but I'll check back in shortly... Remember to , it's Thursday! One more day until the weekend
Old 05-20-2004, 11:15 AM   #141  

Talking Happy Thursday!

Good Morning all

Well I just got back from the pool and was talking to the Phys.Ed director there and she talked me into weighing in on their scale(I told her my Digital scale at home was swinging between 206 and 209 lbs for the last few weeks)
SO ...........I got on there scale and it says I am 203.5Lbs!!!!!

I am so confused about my weight it is unbelievable!! She said the digital scales can be extremely sensitive to everything(even if you weigh yourself right bfore you pee and again right after there can be a change)
I think I'll stick with their scale (not only because i like what it says ) but also because it is a medical scale and bound (i think) to be right on!!

Anyway that means I am closer than I have ever been to being under 200lbs since bafore the birth of my last son(who is going to be 16 at the end of this month)

My kick boxing class is again tonight and I just wanted to thank everyone again for their unwavering support

I can not believe how much I have come to rely on being able to come to this place and "talk"...

I'll post tomorrow or this evening to check in and see how y'all are doin'....

Later, Jilly

Last edited by jilly65; 05-20-2004 at 11:21 AM.
Old 05-20-2004, 11:16 AM   #142  
Bacon Girlie

Default Hello!

Hello, everyone. It's Thursday! It is a slow day at the office for me and this will make it a looooong day!

I thought of you, RACHEL last night when I was on the elliptical. I did 15 mins on the bike, then 50 on the elliptical (and my discman buggered out on me during the last 20 mins..blah!) and then crunches and stretching. I just love "my" elliptical. There are several to choose from at the gym but I have my fav that I use every time. This is an older one with handgrips on the sides. The new ones have handgrips that move as you pedal and I don't like those...I find it easier not to hold onto anything. I'm afraid one day I'll go in and my old machine will be gone.

JENN, no I didn't see the post. That sounds interesting. To be honest, I really don't browse around the board as much as I used to. I remember I used to be a member of several threads and I started to lose track and never update and then I fell off the wagon LOL!

I made the mistake of getting on the scale mid-week last night. It said 227. Why do our bodies do this to us? I was 224, almost 223 on Sunday. I know it could be anything, from having eaten dinner an hour before, to water, etc...but it's just so disheartening. I will TRY not to weigh again until Sunday for an "official" weigh in LOL! I thought I was doing quite well this week.

I'm munching on dry Cracklin' Oat Bran for breakfast along with a diet Mt. Dew...I haven't been drinking much with carbonation lately but I need the pick-me-up today. I am thinking about taking the afternoon off of work and going to the gym, having a nice, long workout, picking up a salad and watching Dr. Phil and Oprah...haven't done that in a LONG time! Then making dinner which will be baked chicken and green beans, maybe a fat free pudding cup and a walk outside with the husband for dessert.

We are going to Chicago for the day on Saturday for my "surprise" and I hope the weather stays nice and the gas prices get lower!

Girlie
Old 05-20-2004, 02:21 PM   #143  
A Mighty Thump

Height: 5 feet 4 inches!

Morning ladies

It is so hot here today, too hot for me to go out on my walk and too hot to garden too so I might go on the exercise machine we have at home instead. I'm hoping to get out and do some gardening this afternoon when the shade moves over us.

I've had a pretty good week, ate well and done a lot of gardening as my exercise. Our vegetables are all coming up and are big enough now so that I can get in and weed, there is a lot of weeding to be done too.

Girlie and Jilly, don't despair over your weight. Remember when I had my meltdown after seeing I had put 3.5 lbs on? Well a week later those lbs had vanished plus I had lost half a lb. You were very supportive of me during that time so I want to be supportive back! Our bodies are so weird! Maybe you could hide your scales so that you can only weight once a week? I know it's hard but in the long run it will save you a lot of misery seeing your weight fluctuate daily. Don't get down, it's probably just water retention or something mysterious like that. You'll get back to normal, I did!

I'm making those yummy spinach and cheese burgers for my dinner and am going to cook them outside on the grill mmmmm .

Got to go, have a good afternoon, don't let the mystery that is your body get you down and Girlie, I think taking the avo off and watching Oprah and Phil sounds like the best idea ever.
Old 05-20-2004, 04:08 PM   #144  
One step at a time...

Girl - Like Lynne said, don't stress about the fluctuation...it could simply be the fact that you got on the scale at night....but I'm sure you know all that already... BTW I wanted to tell you that it sounds like you are having the best dessert, so good for you on so many different levels

Lynne- Gardening sounds like fun exercise, I know my mom thinks so anyways, and having your own fresh grown vegetables will be an additional benefit of your exercise! Hope you enjoy your burgers tonight too!

Just and hour and a half left of work then it's off to the gym! Woohoo

Btw, I just want to ask a random question this afternoon to those of you who are married or just been in love before, when did it hit you that you truly loves your significant other? I only ask this because I am one of those people who always wonders how I know if I really love someone...and today, I had an answer for myself....

I put a picture of my Tim on my computer here at work...it's not a great picture as he isn't even smiling in it, but when I look at it, it makes me smile, EVERY time and it hit me that this is the real deal this time, and I definitely do love him

I just had to share this with you all because I am in the greatest mood now! Hope everyone is having an excellent afternoon themselves!!!

Last edited by JEO1982; 05-20-2004 at 04:12 PM.
Old 05-20-2004, 10:26 PM   #145  

Hi All:

I am closer to my July 2004 goal of 240. I've been so depressed over ex-boyfriend and eating emotionally so I figured, "Let me weigh myself to stop the madness" and I had lost another 4 pounds. I'm not sure if this has to do with my salads the last 2 days to make up for my out of control eating, but I'm so happy! So right now I'm 246 and I stared out at 262. I guess even when I eat emotionally I'm making better decisions.

Wow, sounds like everyone is really gearing up the exercise here. I still have to join a gym which I'm not happy about.

-Beth
CW: 246
SW: 262
GW: 150
Old 05-21-2004, 03:01 AM   #146  

Anyone hear a thud? That was me falling off the wagon. I didn't eat as poorly as I would have in the past, but just the same. I don't think Ben and Jerry's and no excercise is on the diet plan :/ but evidently getting dumped WAS on the plan for the day. So Uh. Please Excuse My Emotional Eating. Stupid boys.
There's always tomorrow?

Much credit to you guys for sticking with your plans. I'll let you know if tomorrow goes any better! lol can't go much worse, to be honest.
Old 05-21-2004, 09:20 AM   #147  
One step at a time...

Beth & Rachel- Sounds like both of y'all are having it rough right now! You poor things! Why it is that no matter how stupid men are, then can always be stupider and they can always seem to de-rail even the most committed person?

Beth- Great job with the loss! 16# is awesome! Keep it up! Don't let someone mess this up for you, especially an ex, I know how they can be!

Rachel- The first day is always the hardest and being an emotional eatter myself, Ben & Jerry are some real comforters....BUT today is another day and I know you can do this without them... You are a beautiful girl and you don't need that boy, I'm sure there will be another one soon enough! Keep your chin up!
Old 05-21-2004, 11:59 AM   #148  

Smile yay...it 's FRIDAY!!!!

T G I F

Last night's kick boxing class kicked me arse.....and I am not kiddin'....
I slept like a rock and things hurt on me today that I did not know I had ...everything was takin up a notch and while I know that is good I am sore..I guess that means it is working!!

I am looking forward to this long Victoria day wknd. (although it is supposed to rain)I think I'll relax and read a good book ..my hubby is working all weekend anyway!

RACHEL: Boys can be s and a little comfort food never hurt anyone...just remember tomorrow is another day and climb back on that wagon and do it for yourself!! We are all here for support !!!

BETH: CONGRATULATIONS on the weight loss ..Keep making those better food choices and everything will be great!!

Anyway I need to get ready for work so... I'll talk to everyone later..............

Jill
Old 05-21-2004, 12:31 PM   #149  
Bacon Girlie

Default Hello on this very muggy Friday...

Hello All --- how I love catching up on the post every morning!

Rachel and Beth - what's up with these boys anyway? Have your Ben and Jerry's, whatever it takes to help the initial hurt...then get back up on the wagon! Rachel, you haven't exactly fallen off the wagon yet...because you're here, and you admitted and hey, that's the first step! Now get on that elliptical machine and take out your frustrations in the form of sweat. Easier said than done...but just think that both of you are making changes for the better and hey, if things didn't work out, maybe it is for the good. Now youc an focus on being good to yourselves, working on your self image and boosting your esteem.

Jenn - your question about love lol I love these kinds of questions! I started dating my husband in June of 1998 and I think I felt I loved him just after a month or so of dating. He was so unlike any other guy I'd known...he was very sentimental, thought the world of me and didn't care if he'd been "whooped" or not. Jim is very lovey-dovey and emotional and we had made a deal to be honest with each other from the start. He had just lost over 100 pounds when we met and he was dealing with his own self image...whereas I was about 165 pounds and looking good and he said he'd never though he'd have a girlie with the looks and brains that I did. Many guys I dated seemed to be so full of themselves and afraid to be emotional but Jim wasn't. We FINALLY got married in November so we are still newlyweds LOL! Whooo! I wanted to wait until I graduated from college and he was out of the military to plan our wedding so it took us 5.5 years to finally tie the knot. He has gained about around 50 pounds since he got out of the military and he's been very supportive of me and my gaining and losing. Every day he comments on how he thinks I look different. He's so sweet.

Jill - I wish I could go to kickboxing! I'm still toying with the idea of a spinning class...oh, darn self esteem and such! Some day, I'll kick my butt because I will have realized all of my worries were for nothing.

I may leave early from the office again today...I will check in on Sunday with the weight thing. Thanks for your support with it all. I weighed again yesterday afternoon and I'm back to 224 but it was 224.9 instead of 224.0 as it was Sunday...I'm obsessing, I know, I'm sorry!!!!!
Old 05-21-2004, 03:32 PM   #150  
One step at a time...

Jilly- Great job with the kick boxing! I think the other people in the room would be in danger if I did that though.... I'm such a clutz...It won't make you as sore once you get used to it though... Keep it up!

Girlie - That is great that Jim is soo supportive! Tim is very supportive too...He told me that I don't need to lose any weight for him because he thinks I look beautiful now, but if it is something I want to do for myself, he is behind me 100%... He always supports my need for coming online to talk to all the wonderful ladies on here...Since he weighs 165 at 6'2" and can eat whatever he wants, he can't understand what I am going through, so he thinks it is great for me to have people to share this with who are going through the same things themselves!

I tried a spinning class once because my sister was teaching it and if she brought people to the gym she got credit for it...well it was bad news... my back did not like it at all and it started spasming I bet I look like such a wimp quitting early but I thought my spine was going to jump out of my back and start beating me!
Closed Thread