3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Desperately Need a Diet Buddy #20 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/34664-desperately-need-diet-buddy-20-a.html)

Fat in Hong Kong 09-01-2004 02:01 AM

Jo, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you :crossed: and well done on the weight loss!! :)

Hi there Raff, how's it going?

I weighed in yesterday but nothing to report this week ... stayed the same. It was TOM and my eating habits have been very erratic! :o

Nichola

britjo67 09-01-2004 02:12 AM

I was thinking about people yesterday. I know we've been unable to contact Ali, but what happened to Danielle???

NicoleNYC 09-02-2004 08:55 AM

Hi all!

Congrats to the losers!

I'm just stopping by quickly, tho it's been ages since I've chacked in. We have a houseguest for the next WEEK (yes, WEEK! ACK!) so I will have my hands full. Hope to stay OP and will get tons of walking in so that should help. Wish me luck.

Jo, haven't heard from Danielle since - I think - near last Christmas? Kelly's not posted in ages either. We had a couple of new girls for a bit but they seem to have dropped out.

Everyone take care and I'll update you all next week!

RaffaellaBella 09-02-2004 11:45 PM

Okay. I weighed myself today and couldn't believe it because it was not what I had expected - it was a good thing. So when my friend's hubby came by to drop off the baby I had him get on the scale, the later my husband, the baby (yes, the baby), later my mother and sister. All seems accurate and I pray it's true but I'm afraid I weigh myself another time and it'll be wrong.

Fat in Hong Kong 09-03-2004 03:43 AM

Good for you Raff :) ... as they say, "The scales never lie." :flow1:

Hope everyone has a good weekend.

Nichola

ecchs 09-03-2004 12:17 PM

Hi guys...just in the middle of moving into the new house...I'm so glad you are all well...I'll post some more when I get set up better (sitting on the floor at the moment! :lol )

Fat in Hong Kong 09-03-2004 09:47 PM

Lorraine, just to wanted to say "Hi", glad to see you're still around :wave: Hope the move went smoothly ... I know how stressful moving house can be at times! :headache: Hope you're soon all settled in.

Nichola

NicoleNYC 09-09-2004 10:30 AM

Quick post from me - houseguest home. Or has left anyway. Never again.

Will post more soon. Must now clean EVERYTHING.

britjo67 09-09-2004 05:22 PM

Quickie post from me.....stayed the same this week...although minor miracle as I've not been doing much cooking, so we've had too much take out!

NicoleNYC 09-10-2004 10:04 AM

Hi guys and congrats Jo! I have had too much takeout over the past few weeks and I have NOT remained the same. I am, in fact, UP to 248! That's TEN pounds! ACK! :yikes: I honestly didn't expect it. I thought I was being careful. So I'm a little on the shocked side. Well, a lot actually. So I'm trying to get back on track and hope for the best.

Our vacation starts next Sunday. In Florida. After this hurricane. They keep adjusting the path so who knows if it will be hit (where we're going) or not. I can't quite bring myself to whine about missing a vacation when a whole island has already been wiped out. I mean, missing a vaction isn't fun but we're getting of a heck of a lot lighter than people who have lost their homes.

So anyway, I'm starting a new week TODAY. Wish me luck! And I'm sending good luck to all of you!

Fat in Hong Kong 09-11-2004 02:00 AM

Just a quick post .......

Well done Jo for maintaining :)

Brandy ... I think it's physically impossible to maintain your weight when you've got visitors (unless you're an angel!) ... I know from experience that it is for me anyway :o Perhaps it shouldn't be, but that's the way it goes, right? Stick at it and you'll lose the excess in no time.

I'm pleased to report that I've somehow managed to lose 2lbs this week, putting me back to where I was before my visitors arrived a few weeks ago ... in fact, I'm a pound lighter ... I think? :D I'm now down to 170lbs (where I've been many, many times before!!), the trick is now to try to get into the 160's ... this is where I have a big problem ... for some reason my scales don't seem to register the 160's???? ... I wonder why??? :o

Hope everyone has a great weekend :)

Nichola

britjo67 09-11-2004 03:35 AM

Well done Nichola! Two pounds down after the visitors is great. I can't diet when I have visitors, I guess it's that need to give guests the best of everything. All too often if I have guests I provide two desserts so they have choice....and then of course I have to eat the leftovers :^:

I've got a fasting blood test coming up, before my next appointment at the diabetic clinic. I'm not looking forward to it because I know that I haven't limited sugar as much as I should have done. The blood test is able to show how things have gone over time, so being totally good in the days running up to a blood test doesn't work!!!! Mind you, at least the doc will be pleased, last time I saw him he gave me grief about the fact that I had not lost any weight....and this time I will be over 14lbs lighter (I hope!).

I'm hoping my scales haven't gone all screwy. Weighed myself this morning and I'm the same weight as Alan!!!! He's always been lighter than me apart from that last time I lost weight three years ago (and it didn't last long!!). My scales read 232...which is a hefty loss this week, but I've had a rough time this week emotionally and missed a few meals....so it's not genuine weightloss. Oh well, will have to wait and see on Tuesday night.

It's hard to beleive it's three years since 9/11. We've had a lot of programmes on tv this week about it, and it's still hard to accept. Talking with friends it's strange that everyone can remember exactly what they were doing when they heard the news, but then it's like my Mom remembers exactly where she was when she heard that JFK had been assassinated. Guess it's probably more poignant for me (although obviously it's poignant for different people in different ways) because it's all tied in with the fact that on 9/11 I was ecstatic because I'd found out I was pregnant the day before, although subsequently losing the baby two weeks later. My baby would have been two. :(

Anyway...enough doom and gloom (sorry)..it's the start of the ice hockey season tonight, so we're off to Sheffield to watch the first game!!! Wooohooooo!!!!!!! <I'm not really excited....I'm just a good actress ;) >

Have a great weekend :grouphug:
Love
Jo

britjo67 09-15-2004 03:07 AM

Just a quickie. Weigh in last night, officially 233!

RaffaellaBella 09-15-2004 09:26 AM

Good for you Jo! Well done. And congrats to all the other losers and maintainers. As for myself, I have a little cold and feel like crap.

Talk to you soon.

Love,
Raff

ecchs 09-17-2004 10:56 AM

Atta girl Jo! Keep the momentum!

I've joined Curves here and am enjoying the exercise. Hopefully it will help kick start a loss.

Lorraine

RaffaellaBella 09-17-2004 09:04 PM

Hi all! Still chugging along here. I put my foodplan on the burner for a bit but now I'm ready to start cookin' again!

I have a wedding at the end of October and would love to lose some wieght before then. Wish me luck.

Does anyone know where Brandy is vacationing? Hopefully away from these hurricanes.

Take care,
Raff

Fat in Hong Kong 09-20-2004 02:13 AM

Hi Everyone,

Sounds like everyone's feeling fairly motivated right now ... keep it up! :)

I stayed the same last week ... but with it being my birthday yesterday (19th ... that was the date, not my age!!LOL), we had a few celebrations over the weekend ... friends for BBQ on Saturday night and out for a meal yesterday with Nick :devil: ... Sophie made me a wonderful cake (of which I have eaten several slices!! ... And Tom bought me a huge box of choccies!! ... So I won't be expecting any miracles at my next WI!! :o

Lorraine, I must say that I'm very impressed with you joining Curves ... I really should do some exercise, but I feel so exhausted all the time ... just don't have any energy .. :tired: I'm convinced there's something wrong with me ... must be my age!! Although it's more likely to be the fact that I never have enough sleep ... can't seem to get into bed at a reasonable time, I really do need to be more organized.

Hope you all have a good week.

Nichola

britjo67 09-20-2004 08:59 AM

Happy birthday for yesterday Nichola :hb:

I've had a weight gainy week I think, although the WI will prove it....reckon I've prob. regained everything I lost last week. :^:

I did make a decision though. I'm applying to do the Playtex Moonwalk in May. It's a power-walking marathon in London from Midnight onwards, wearing a decorated bra. It raises money for breast cancer research, and I'm hoping to do it in memory of a friend who lost her battle, and also for three friends currently battling. I'm entering with a team of internet buddies, and hopefully I'll be selected.

I'm starting training tonight. :dizzy: Got to build up gradually to 26 miles!!!!

Fat in Hong Kong 09-21-2004 01:57 AM

Jo, hope the training goes well!! My mom has had breast cancer, so if was back in the UK it's definitely something I'd be up for ... let me know nearer the time when you need sponsoring and I'll be more than happy to send you a cheque.

Well, I'm sitting here at the moment chomping away on my my birthday choccies :eating2: ... this really won't do!! :o

Nichola

britjo67 09-23-2004 11:23 AM

Up 3.5lbs this week :^:

Oh well, I'll get there in the end.

Hugs to all :grouphug:

Fat in Hong Kong 09-24-2004 03:44 AM

Jo, take consolation from the fact that you are not alone ... I'm up 4lbs this week!! :o ... It' been one of those weeks I guess :devil:

I seem to have got to the stage where I'm sick and tired of counting points, or calories, or whatever ... why is dieting so darn boring?!! My relatives back in the UK, who started back at WW the same time as me, have also fallen off track. I had to laugh today ... I sent one them an email telling her I was fed up with counting points and was thinking of trying out one of my old diet plans from another UK slimming club I used to go to ... she replied by saying, "Choose whichever diet plan you want to, but there's only one way to lose weight ... stop eating like a pig!" ... What can I say? :lol: :dunno:

I've got another heavy weekend to get through ... big night out tomorrow with friends so I just know that I'll be eating/drinking way over the limit for any kind of diet :o ... I'll start afresh on Monday :rolleyes: Of course, I know what I'm doing is ridiculous ... there will always be nights out, birthdays, weddings, holidays ... I know I'm going to have to make an effort to change my eating habits because there will always be something to sabotage my diet ... I just wished that I didn't love food and wine so much!

Have a great weekend everyone :cheers:

Nichola

PS - I'm not going to change my weight loss record because I intend to get back to where I was ... SOON!!

Fat in Hong Kong 09-27-2004 03:37 AM

Hello Ladies,

Well, Monday has arrived and I'm back on track with a vengeance! Decided to go with the old diet plan I used to follow ... yes I know it's not good to swop and change diet plans, but to be perfectly honest with you, I must confess that I haven't really been following WW properly anyway (surprise, surprise!! ... who would have guessed?!! :o ). All the counting and calculating of points was beginning to do my head in :headache:

Anyway, after my night out on Saturday with hubby and two other couples, I've finally faced the fact that I simply can't go on like this. My two friends who were out with us are both the same age as me ... but I looked like their mother!! They were both wearing lovely figure hugging jeans with little tops and looked really trendy ... I, on the other hand, wore a pair trousers which were too tight and a top which was supposed to be loose fitting but still managed to show just about every lump and bump beneath it!! I felt so old and frumpy beside my friends that I didn't really enjoy the night out at all. Even getting up from the table in the restaurant to visit the bathroom made me feel so uncomfortable and self conscious, like everyone was looking at me thinking how fat I was. Then the crunch came when we left the restaurant and went for drinks in a bar ... everyone had had a few drinks by now and decided we should go to another bar where there was a live band playing ... and dancing!! OMG!!!! I felt so ashamed at the way I look, there was no way that I'd be dancing, I just wanted to go home. This actually made me feel really sad when I thought back to how I used to look and how I used to enjoy myself on nights out. But now, everything seems to be ruined by the fact that I'm overweight. I even felt sorry for hubby ... being stuck with the fat chick!!

I don't want to have to keep going through occasions like this ... I want to feel good about myself again, not sad and miserable. I want Nick to be proud of me ... to be proud to tell people that I'm his wife. I know he loves me, but I often think that deep down he must be really disappointed that I'm nothing like the girl I used to be.

Well, this morning I told him that we were going to do this together ... he has gained a bit of weight recently, which he isn't happy about as he's always been quite fit and sporty. I told him I'd noticed that his tummy was getting bigger (although I still couldn't call him fat!). I think he was taken aback a little, as I've never told him this before. When he got on the scales he discovered that he is now heavier than he has ever been! :lol: (sorry! :^: ) So we have decided to do the plan together ... and I actually feel quite good about the fact that it was my suggestion this time and not his! :smug:

Anyway, sorry for the long post!! Hope you all had a better weekend that I did!!

Nichola

NicoleNYC 09-27-2004 07:59 PM

Hi all!

Back from vaca - we scootched in and out of Fla just between two hurricanes. We just made it! The weather was perfect and we all had a great time. Just back today and totally, utterly exhausted! Would type more but too sleepy. Will properly catch up tomorrow.

B

NicoleNYC 09-29-2004 08:45 AM

Ok, so time for a proper post and catch up:

Nichola, Very Happy Late Birthday!!! :gift: And congrats on a new start. Hope having hubby along for the ride will make him more sympathetic and give you the boost you need. Sorry you were up a few but I have no doubt they'll be off ASAP!

Jo, sorry about your gain :( but you are right: you WILL get there in the end!!! And from all women everywhere, thank you for participating in this walk! Put some fairy godmother wings on your walking bra! :flow1:

Raff, thanks for thinking of me. We dodged the hurricanes. Ivan hit Fla a few days before we went, then we left Jersey just as the remnants were headed up our way. Went to Louisiana, Ivan actually reformed, doubled back around, and eventually (If I understand correctly) the last bits of it hit Louisiana, missing us by a day. Then then Jeanne hit Fla the day after we left and now we are getting the leftovers in Jersey. A more paranoid person would think she was being chased :o

Lorraine, how's it going with Curves?!?!?! :strong:

Ok, now confession time for me: I only gained two pounds on vacation, one of which is already gone BUT I'm way up. WAY up. After our houseguest I then had a bout of some of the worst PMS I've had in ages - I was just hungry the whole time. Not that it's any excuse. But anway, I'm all the way up to 252. I'm so embarassed! However, I really have my head on straight now and I'm back at it. I think I just had a whole month where so much was going on and I just couldn't journal, plan, or think ahead. Well, I probably could have, but I didn't. Add PMS, houseguest, packing, and vacation - well, you get the idea. It's no excuse, I was pretty shakey anyway and having other things that needed my attention was just the excuse I needed, I guess, to sort of...drift. So now I have to change my sig to reflect that I have to reach my 10% AGAIN :cry: I hope it will be faster to lose this time as I gained these pounds pretty quickly. So anyway, that's where I am. I imagine my shock. I was shocked a few weeks ago to be 248, but now...eek!

So here I go again...

ETA: today is my one year anniv since starting WW. I felt pretty proud of the progress I'd made, but now I've undone like half of it. ACK! Never again, you guys!

Fat in Hong Kong 09-29-2004 09:49 PM

Brandy, good to have you back ... well done for only gaining 2lbs whilst on vaccation, that's great! :) As for the rest of the gain ... stick at it and I'm sure they'll be gone in no time :) Looks like there's a few of us in the same boat, so we'll stick at it together, and I'm sure with the support of others we'll all get there in the end ... it may take us longer than we would like, but as long as we never give up we'll get there!! :smug:

Nichola

RaffaellaBella 09-30-2004 01:34 AM

Hey All! Just a quick note to say Hi and that I haven't been getting notifications. Talk to you soon!

Take care,
Raff

NicoleNYC 09-30-2004 09:04 AM

Hi girls!

Raff - wonder why you're not getting notifications? Come to think of it, neither am I. Just try to remember to check in from time to time. But I know I USED to get them.

Nichola - I totally agree. This weight loss thing isn't fast but we'll get there.

I think I'm going to start a new thread today. We're at 20 something pages. I'm not sure what the limit is? So follow me to the next thread (I'll try to come back and post a link!)!!!

B

Fat in Hong Kong 09-30-2004 10:45 PM

Brandy ... I've been waiting for someone to do that :lol: ... I'll meet you over at the new thread.

Nichola

NicoleNYC 10-04-2004 09:50 AM

Hey guys, don't know if anyone is getting notifications but Nichola and I are waiting for you on our BRAND SPANKIN' NEW thread!!!

RaffaellaBella 10-04-2004 01:04 PM

Did you start it yet?