3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Desperately Need a Diet Buddy #20 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/34664-desperately-need-diet-buddy-20-a.html)

NicoleNYC 03-24-2004 10:59 AM

Yay for new hammies! Good luck! I wonder if our dog would even notice them?

I just weighed myself this morning and I'm down so I'm going to update my WI for this week. I know, it's cheating, but I don't care. It's only two days late. I think it's the weight I SHOULD have lost last week anyway ;)

Brandy

RaffaellaBella 03-24-2004 01:24 PM

Where have I been?

Hey All! I haven't been getting notifications so I thought the posts may have died down a bit, but as I now see they haven't which I'm happy to see. :)

I wan't to congratulate all the losers and maintainers, including myself. I haven't the courage to get on the scale since my last big gain so I'm going to wait until Sunday to weigh-in. There is still some time before the Easter challenge ends for me to lose a couple of lbs - at least the seven that I've gained.

Things are basically ok with me. I'm trying to place Lillo in a foster home in upstate New York. Long story - don't want to get into it otherwise I'll start bawling.

I've been babysitting from time to time for my friend so that and OA has been keeping me busy.

Well good luck to everyone this week. Maybe we all be a lb lighter! :hat:

Take care,
Raff

NicoleNYC 03-26-2004 01:41 PM

Good luck with your weigh in on Sunday, Raff! How are things going with OA? There's a book out now about a woman who lost a large amount of weight with OA - it's not just about OA but the whole weight loss thing and the before v after conflicts. If I can ever remember the friggin title, I'm going to grab a copy. I read a small bit in a magazine, now ask me if I can remember which one...

And good luck with Lilo. If it's just not working, finding a foster home/breed rescue is best for everyone. It hurts to try so hard and not be the perfect fit (we went through this with a shih tzu female a year ago and it was so hard because she was such a doll but she and our other dog just didn't fit. She now is the world's second most spoiled shih tzu - to a family 1200 miles away from where she started out! I really think she was placed with us so that we could get her with these people because they are just perfect for each other) but breed rescues are so very very careful when screening new families, they will find the perfect fit. Big hugs to you.

Fat in Hong Kong 03-29-2004 02:11 AM

Hi Girls,

How are you all doing? Well, I'm afraid that I've not weighed in this week ... had an extremely busy weekend ... It was the Hong Kong Rugby Sevens which runs from Friday-Sunday, all day every day. It's a really big event here with teams competing from all around the world. It's a fantastic weekend ... even if you're not into rugby! Therefore, my whole weekend has consisted of more unhealthy fast food than you could ever possibly imagine ... and way too much beer!! :o And what made the event even more special was that England won the cup for the third year running! :cp: :bravo: :cb: :hat: :dancer: :cheer: :cheers:

I'll try to be good for the rest of the week and weigh-in on Friday as usual.

Nichola

NicoleNYC 03-29-2004 11:17 AM

Nichola, sounds like you had a great weekend, weigh in or not!

I did weigh in and I'm the same as last week - 244 (my cheating mid-week weigh in last week was 244 so I counted it) but as I'm feeling puffy and it's getting near TOM, I'm happy not to have gained. Plus, I am - believe it or not - kinda buzzed to actually be in the lower 240s! I am totally focused on 239!

ecchs 03-29-2004 12:14 PM

Hey guys!

Down another pound! Yay!.. Next week, it's my Five pound star...only .4 away...go me.!

I'm getting all excited over the Dottie's Weight Loss Zone Conference in May. It's in a city really near me, so I'm going and I think it's going to be a BLAST! Now all I need to do is lose another 10 pounds before then. That's my next big challenge. I have 8 weeks to do it in, so totally doable I think!

Raff...sorry to hear about your pup problems, but so happy you'll be solving them. It's a hard thing to do, but I'm srue the results will be better for everyone. ****hugs****

Well, off to shop! Yehaw!

Lorraine

NicoleNYC 03-30-2004 12:08 PM

Lorraine - congratulations! YAY! Good job!

I had forgotten that dwlz has forums. I should go poke around. Thanks for the reminder.

I'm still the same - maybe I'll get a big woosh next week. Hope so, I could use it! I am five pounds away from my 10%!

B

RaffaellaBella 03-31-2004 08:50 PM

Hi All! Things are going good. The agency found a foster home for Lillo so he may be leaving Sunday. I thought I had it under control but I lost it after the agency called :( This is for the best and I just need to remind myself that the way I'll feel when he's gone is the way he feels everyday when I leave the house.

I weighed myself Sunday I was up 2.5lbs. Yikes. I think I'm going to do as some OAs do, they weigh themselves once a month because of the fluctuations, then stop once they reach goal. I think the best thing for me to do is drop out of the Easter Challenge and weigh myself the 1st of every month. What do you think?

Good luck to everyone.

Love,
Raff

Fat in Hong Kong 04-01-2004 02:17 AM

Hi Girls,

Raff, I'm sure you're doing the right thing with regards to Lillo ... I know it's upsetting for you, but I guess his new foster family will make a huge fuss of him and he'll be very happy, so don't feel guilty about it :grouphug:

I seem to be going backwards right now as far as this challenge is concerned :mad: Not only did I have a binge weekend, but TOM has also arrived and I've had a lot of issues at home (that I won't bore you all with!) over the past couple of weeks that have really got me down. Needless to say, I have sought comfort in food!! I feel like a complete failure ... but I'm not going to give up completely ... I've decided I'm going to join WW after the Easter hols and hopefully the support of a club will help keep me on track ... not to mention the fact that as it's so damned expensive here, Nick will literally kill me if I waste the money and don't stick to it!!!

So girls, I've decided to pull out of the challenge ... just can't get my head around it at the moment, and the more I think about it, the more depressed it makes me feel. I'm going to have a clean break from thinking about the 'D' word for a week or two, then start afresh at WW straight after Easter. Yes, I know this gives me an excuse to gain even more weight, but I'm simply not in the right frame of mind right now. Hopefully a new plan (I haven't been to WW for many years, so it'll all be pretty new to me) will give me something to focus on. And I think it'll do me good to go along each week to be weighed and to get support from other club members. I've always found it much easier in the past to stick to a diet when I've been going to a club. Hopefully it'll help me again. :crossed:

Good luck to the rest of you who are continuing with the challenge ... I hope you all reach your goals. :)

Nichola

RaffaellaBella 04-03-2004 10:31 PM

Thanks Jo.

Fat in Hong Kong 04-05-2004 12:58 AM

Hellooooooo ... is anybody there???????? What's happened ... everyone seems to have disappeared?

Nichola

RaffaellaBella 04-06-2004 01:19 AM

I was thinking the same thing. Hope everyone is well.

NicoleNYC 04-07-2004 01:51 PM

Hi guys!

Raff, sorry it hasn't worked with your pup :(

This is a really quick one - parents (yes, both of them, how weird) are visiting - will be here tomorrow - have one million things to do.

As to the challenge - I feel I've done really well, even tho I've averaged 2 lbs a week, not the 3 I had hoped for. It's TOM right now so I should know in a few days exactly how I've done.

Hope things are great with all of you. Will catch up as soon as possible!

B

Fat in Hong Kong 04-07-2004 08:51 PM

Brandy, glad to hear that the challenge has gone well for you :) ... Well done!! :bravo: ... I only wish that I could say the same about myself! :o Anyway, I'm looking forward to starting WW next Tuesday ... hope the fresh start will do me good :)

Good luck with your parents visiting!!

Nichola

Fat in Hong Kong 04-07-2004 10:37 PM

Ok girls, are you ready for a laugh?? I was just doing a search on the web, looking for Weight Watchers recipes, when I came across a site dedictated to a set of WW recipe cards from 1974 ... absolutely hilarious!!! :lol: And the captions that go with each recipe card are even funnier!! :rofl: You've just got to take a look ... my personal favourites are the Fish "Tacos" and the Frankfurter Spectacular ... What's yours??

The website is www.candyboots.com/wwcards.html

Nichola

RaffaellaBella 04-08-2004 01:22 AM

Nichola - I just checked the site. Very funny! Guess Mackerel was big in the seventies. :D Weigh Watchers has come a long way from jellied cabbage - thank God.

NicoleNYC 04-12-2004 02:18 PM

Ok, so I seriously went wrong somewhere in the last week of the challenge. I did gain 4 lbs with my TOM that have not gone and I did NOT eat any differently so I'm assuming that's what's up? I KNOW I didn't GAIN four real pounds. It's just not possible. I guess I'll miraculously wake up four pounds thinner one day this week. I BETTER :mad: anyway.

I am starting a new challenge for myself - we are making a trip home for a wedding in about a month so this will just be four weeks. Anyone interested? I plan to do MUCH better this time.

Four Week Challenge: St 4/12 - 248, GOAL 2.25 lb/wk, End - 239 (my 10%)
START - 4/12 - 248
W/I 1 - 4/19 -
W/I 2 - 4/26 -
W/I 3 - 5/03 -
END - 5/10 -

I'm going to change my sig later today to the above.

Hope everything is well with all of you!

I LOVE the old WW cards. Everytime I see them I laugh till I just about cry!

Brandy

Fat in Hong Kong 04-12-2004 09:34 PM

Brandy, you weren't alone going wrong during the challenge ... but at least you only went wrong during the last week (and TOM was probably to blame for that!!) ... I messed up all the way through, apart from the first week!! :o Good luck with your new 4 week challenge ... I'm sure you'll make your 10% in time for the wedding :)

Well, the day has finally come ... I'm off to Weight Watchers this evening ... Nick has said I can pay for a 20 week package, which makes it a bit cheaper, so once paid for I'll have to go. I feel rather excited about joining, it's been so long since I went to a club and I always managed to lose weight much more easily ... although never reached my final ... gave up when I was a few pounds off it, and thought I could do it by myself ... look where it got me!! :mad: This time it's going to be different ... wish me luck! :) I'll post again tomorrow and let you all know how I got on.

Hope everyone had a good Easter ... I ate plenty and drank plenty ... made a real pig of myself ... went to a Champagne Sunday Brunch on Easter Sunday with 16 friends. You can imagine what delicacies where on offer ... and of course I had to try them all!! That's all over now and it's back to being Mrs. Sensible!!

Hope everone else is doing ok ... Where are you all????

Oh, and who else is doing the WW plan? ... I'll probably be wanting info and a few ideas now and again!!

Nichola

NicoleNYC 04-13-2004 02:31 PM

I'm doing WW. My very best advice is - avoid all the "more food for less points" munchies and try to eat real food. It seems that the people who are eating like 48 crackers a day *just becuse they can* lose the slowest and have a hard time keeping it off. Give yourself a break if it takes you a week or two to really get going, in the beginning it's not easy to judge and sometimes people run out of points early in the day - that's what Flex are for. And earn those Activity Points - they are nice to have if you get hungry right before bedtime. Also, it seems to me that people who use the APs and FPs *as they are hungry for them* have the most consistant loss. So if you are hungry, EAT! Your Target Points are the bare minimum - you're SUPPOSED to use the Flex as you need them. I'm sure some other WWers will have plenty to add!

B

Fat in Hong Kong 04-13-2004 11:39 PM

Brandy, thanks for the tips ... I'm sure they'll be most helpful :)

My meeting at WW last night went well ... I feel like I've had a huge weight lifted off my shoulders ... I've got a good feeling about this :D I weighed-in at 179lbs (which was exactly the same as my scales), so my 10% goal weight is 161lbs. Not quite sure what I want my final goal to be at the moment ... I think I'll stick with 135lbs and see how I get on (don't want to bite off more than I can chew at this stage!!). Although ideally I'd love to get down to 126lbs.

The only thing that I found a bit confusing was the fact that the club uses all the Australian WW info (Hong Kong WW is a franchise), so most of the food stuffs in the points guides etc. are Australian brands rather than UK brands, which is what I've always been used to. Also, we had the choice of being weighed in either pounds or kilos ... I chose pounds because it's what I know, but again all the info in the books refers to kilos, so I've had to convert everything back into pounds :dizzy: And the other thing I'm going to have to be careful with is that the little points finder calculator thingy uses kilojoules to convert to points ... and I keep forgetting and using calories :rollpin: ... Couldn't understand this morning why I calculated my breakfast cereal plus skim milk as 1.5pts and the ww guide said it was 2.5pts!! ... I'm going to have to watch out for that!!

Anyway, I've already spent about 4 hours this morning going through all my info (and checking out the WW websites ... UK and OZ!!), so it's about time I started to do some jobs around here!!

Hope everyone has a great week! :)

Nichola

NicoleNYC 04-14-2004 07:30 AM

I'm going to be out of pocket for a bit. My sixteen year old cousin was killed in a car accident last night. I don't know anything else, I'm trying to get a flight home ASAP. Please pray for our family.

Fat in Hong Kong 04-14-2004 08:27 PM

Brandy, I am so very sorry to hear about your cousin, my deepest sympathy to you and your family ... Thinking of you all :grouphug:

Nichola

britjo67 04-15-2004 02:28 AM

Brandy so sorry to hear about your cousin. All my thoughts and prayers go to you and your family.

I fell off the diet wagon yet again. Not gained any, but sure as **** not lost any. Feeling disheartened, but I'll get back on it soon, I'm sure.

NicoleNYC 04-20-2004 12:41 PM

Thanks guys. It was a very freaky few days. It still seems very unreal.

As to diet - I have no idea. I didn't have time to eat, that has to count for something, and I'm back on WW as of today. Jo, I guess you and I can press the restart button together.

Fat in Hong Kong 04-21-2004 06:01 AM

Brandy, hope you and your family are all ok, my thoughts are with you.

Good luck with restarting your WW plan.

I went to my first weigh-in last night ... lost 2lbs ... I was hoping for more as it was my first week, but a loss is a loss, and I'm now 2lbs closer to my goal :) Managed well during the week keeping within my points, but as usual I struggled when the weekend arrived! :mad: Tried to claw back a few points over the last couple of days. This week I'll be better prepared and make sure that I plan ahead and save points throughout the week so that I can have some extras at the weekend ... but not too many!

Still wondering what has happened to everyone else????? Helllllooooooo .... is anybody out there?????? I never know it to be so quiet. Hope everyone is doing well anyway and hope to hear from you soon.

Nichola

NicoleNYC 04-21-2004 09:07 AM

Nichola, thanks again. And congrats on your two pounds! That's wonderful!

I am, of course, still the same. So my "challenge" is not going so well as I had hoped. But I'm back on track.

NicoleNYC 04-23-2004 11:11 AM

Ok, so I've now down the WATP 2 mi DVD two whole days in a row. I feel like this :strong: As soon as I finish typing this, I'm going for day three :encore:

I need to do SOMETHING to make this weight come off faster!!!

B

Fat in Hong Kong 04-23-2004 10:21 PM

Brandy, good girl, I'm impressed! :) ... I should follow your example ... All week I've been telling myself that I should go walking every day ... Have I done it yet? ... NO, I'm ashamed to say! I really will have to get myself into shape. The pool at the apartments where we live has just re-opened, so I really don't have an excuse for not going swimming either! ... Except that the water's probably a wee bit too cold for me at the moment ... could do with a couple of weeks for the sun to warm it up a bit more ... excuses, excuses! I'm going to set myself a mini challenge for next week, which is to do some form of exercise, either walking or swimming, or WATP, or even just some floor exercises, for at least 3 days. Now, you've heard me say it ... so make me feel ashamed if I don't do it! :o

Have a good weekend.

Nichola

NicoleNYC 04-24-2004 09:07 AM

Nichola, you MUST WATP - that is an order. Ok, request? Suggestion? Someone else should be sweating it out with me!

I'm afraid my WI is going to read 248 again this week. SO DEPRESSING! I was at 242 before the whole visiting parents/Easter/crazy trip home thing happened and I'm just clawing my way back and nothing's budging! AAAAACCCCKKKKK!

Fat in Hong Kong 04-26-2004 07:42 AM

Brandy, hang in there ... you've been through a traumatic time, so if you've had no loss this week it's not surprising so don't worry about it ... just put it behind you and start afresh.

I, on the other hand, have no such excuse, and I'm absolutely dreading my WI tomorrow night :o ... I'm so annoyed with myself as I've been really good all week, saved points for the weekend, went out for a meal with hubby to a Spanish restaurant on Saturday night ... tried to choose wisely :^: But then went shopping with Sophie yesterday, and she pleaded with me to take her to McD's!!! ... OMG!!! ... I was starving and my willpower was non existant ... I also had no points saved for this and have gone way over the top!! Trying to claw a few back today and tomorrow, but it's probably too late to do any good! Why, oh why, did I let this happen? ... I knew I shouldn't have it, but there was this evil little voice in my head telling me too!! :devil: Serves me right for listening to it! Wish me luck for tomorrow> :(

Nichola

NicoleNYC 04-26-2004 01:41 PM

Ok, I'm going to try one more time to get this to post!

Nichola, for those McD's points - you can do a couple of things which may or may not help your weigh in, but they can get you over the mental hump of "oh just screw it!" You can either pull a few points from each day left in this week, "borrow" points from next week's Flex, or get some APs. I would do a combo of all three - say, shave one point off each day remaining in the week, get three APs per day, and take the rest from next week's Flex. For me, it's not the weigh in I would worry about so much as trying to keep myself mentally on plan. Good luck! It was JUST ONE MEAL so don't let it throw you!

As for me, I am down one pound. What really buggs is that before my parents came I was at 242 which is just so darn close to the 230s! ACK!

B

(hope this posts this time!)

ecchs 04-27-2004 10:48 AM

Hey Ladies, greetings from no-man's-land. I get so busy, I forget to check this board! Brandy and Nichola, sounds like you girls are doing your darndest to stay on track. GOOD FOR YOU! I'm waaaayyy off track and full of excuses. No time, the lady downstairs doesn't like it when I exercise, have to work so can't make it to meetings...blah blah blah. I KNOW if I sat down and organized my week, I'd be able to fit these things in. It's just doing it.

Keep up the good work guys!
Lorraine

Fat in Hong Kong 04-28-2004 02:57 AM

Lorraine, good to hear from you :wave: Sorry to hear things aren't going great 'diet-wise' ... I know what you mean about trying to find the time to fit it all in! I just don't know where the hours in the day disappear to :dizzy:

Well Brandy, I still haven't got around to doing my 3 days of exercise yet, although I have been running up and down the steps at work for what seems like a hundred times a day ... does that count??? :^:

Good news is, I went to my WI last night, and guess what? ... I lost another 2lbs ... Whoopee!! :cb: I'm really pleased with that result because as I said yesterday, I was worried about what I'd eaten over the weekend ... must have done something right! :D

I wonder what's happened to everyone else?

Nichola

NicoleNYC 04-30-2004 12:56 PM

Nichola, congrats on your 2 pounds (I'm so jealous!)!!!

Lorraine, I sometimes feel totally overwhelmed myself and I have nothing going on - I can only imagine if I were busy!

I just read a post from someone at the WW.com forums - she started two months after I did and she's lost 60 pounds to my 20. OUCH! So I had the little "if you had only put forth a little more effort you would be under 200 by now" conversation with myself and we - I mean *I* - feel like a light has gone on!

NicoleNYC 04-30-2004 01:13 PM

http://www.freewebs.com/ladawnthenandnow/index.htm

GREAT weight loss success story!

B

Fat in Hong Kong 05-01-2004 03:00 AM

Brandy, keep that light shining brightly!! ... You can do it!! :) I checked out the website ... WOW, what a difference ... you can't imagine what a difference losing weight can make, can you, until you see photo's like that ... amazing! What an incentive.

Hope you have a great weekend.

Nichola

NicoleNYC 05-01-2004 11:31 AM

Thanks for the encouragment! I am still hanging in and hoping the results will catch up with me soon! I just feel so inspired after checking into some success stories.

B

NicoleNYC 05-03-2004 08:59 AM

Good morning and happy Monday to you all!

I have happy news on the weight loss front - I actually lost some this week - three pounds! Am VERY happy with that. Off to change my stats...

B

ecchs 05-03-2004 11:43 AM

Morning Ladies...

What I can NOT figure out, is how I can continue to sit on my a$$ and do nothing and eat EVERYTHING after seeing your successes, Ali's uccess, LaDawn's success...I know I am as strong and yet, I do nothing. ENOUGH.

Lorraine

NicoleNYC 05-03-2004 11:59 AM

Lorraine - who on earth knows what kicks us into gear and what keeps us where we are? I certainly haven't figured it out. It seems I will only have "success" in fits and starts, while other people get going and just go all out till they reach their goals. And you know, at one point I really was just ten pounds over weight - what made me let things get to like 140 pounds over weight? Who knows what makes us tick. But if you figure it out, girl there is a book and a goldmine in it for ya!

And I think your sig quote might have something to do with it...PS, anyone who as lost as much as you - girl, you're doing it!