3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Desperately Need a Diet Buddy #20 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/34664-desperately-need-diet-buddy-20-a.html)

HealthyMari 01-07-2004 12:50 PM

Desperately Need a Diet Buddy #20

Hi Ladies! Welcome back!

I think our other #20 thread got deleted b/c it was so new, so I thought I'd go ahead and start it up again.

It is a true testament to how much you ladies and this site keep me sane....yesterday I was so sad thinking they might shut down this site!

Come back, chickies!
-Mari

NicoleNYC 01-08-2004 04:35 PM

Hi! Thought I had lost you guys there. Do you guys want to set up a yahoo group in case of emergencies? We can just keep it open and post there should anything ever happen to this site (message board down for repairs or whatever). Nothing could replace 3fc.com but I'd like to have a backup just in case!

HealthyMari 01-08-2004 08:14 PM

Hi!

So happy to see you here! I was thinking we'd lost our little group for good!

Where IS everyone?????

RaffaellaBella 01-09-2004 02:20 AM

Something is up with this Website

I think 3FC is having some technical problems because I checked my User Critical Profile and I was no longer subsribed to this thread and my recent PMS are not in my inbox.

Anyone else experiencing problems?

RaffaellaBella 01-09-2004 02:22 AM

Find out the problem...

Right after I posted I saw this on at the top of the forum:

Due to a major server crash Monday, Jan 4, we lost our forum database and other parts of the 3FC website. The backups were also damaged and we could not restore to original. However, I happened to have a copy elsewhere of the database from November, and have used it to restore the forum. We have lost all posts and new memberships that were created since November 17. This situation was apparently unavoidable, and could have been much worse than it was. This doesn't lessen the impact on all of us, and we sincerely apologize for the loss this has caused you. We value your input in our community, and every single post benefits each of us. To experience even a partial loss is very disturbing. We are taking steps to be better prepared in the future, should disaster ever strike again.

Our email server is not functioning and there is no hope for repair. We are in the process of moving to a new server, which will take 2 to 3 days. At that point, we will have email again. In the meantime, you cannot receive email notifications upon new posts or PMs. If you need help with your password, send an email to [email protected] and include your username and we will reset your password from here. You must send the message from the email address on your account, so we can verify your identity.

We appreciate your patience and understanding, and hope we can all get back on track now and focus on realizing our goals for 2004.

Fat in Hong Kong 01-09-2004 10:19 AM

Hi Girls!

Just checked-in to see if 3fc was up and running again ... it's now 11.15pm and time for bed but I couldn't rest until I checked it out!! ... Thank goodness we're back on-line, I've missed you guys!:D

Anyway, time to get some shut eye ... I'll 'speak' to you again tomorrow:gossip:

Nichola

happy dance dot 01-09-2004 01:32 PM

Wooooooooohooooooooooooo we're back!!!:cb: :cb: :dancer: :dancer: :high: :grouphug: :hyper: :twirly: :yes: :balloons: :blah: hehehehe okay you girls get it huh.

sorry I just had lunch and am a bit hyper.:lol: I guess also excited cause we're back up.

Hey Mari- where have you been??? How was the trip?

Raff- you made me giigle with you first post followed by your second post...seemed you were a bit lost huh...I think we all were.:D

Nichola-yesss we're back up and running- thank goodness!:)

okay girls hope you're all doing great

ohhh and I think we lost the newbies this time....hope they find us:D

HealthyMari 01-09-2004 03:35 PM

Hooray! The gang is slowly coming back together!

It's amazing how much this thread means to me. It is such a source of motivation and it always seems to keep me grounded. I often get into slumps when it seems like all I think about is food and watching the junk, and not over-doing the calories and working out enough, etc. etc. You ladies really bring a smile to my face and it just makes it seem more realistic a situation and more attainable a goal. Plus, you guys are just hilarious!

Enough of the mush! How was everyone's holidays? Mine were great and my parents actually did a lot better with me leaving on Christmas Eve than I thought they would. And waking up X-mas morning at home, with my man, was awesome.

Back on track!
-Mari

Fat in Hong Kong 01-09-2004 09:33 PM

Mari, welcome back ... glad you had a great Christmas with your man!!:)

Unfortunately, regardless of all my words about being motivated and determined, I have not had a good week. Found it very difficult to get on track. It all started last Sunday with a big birthday dinner for Tom, my son ... he was 15 :yikes: ... His choice of restaurant ... Fat Angelo's ... Italian of course, with the most humungous portions you have ever seen!!:ink: :ink: :ink: And of course, there weren't many leftovers!!:o On Monday (his actual birthday) Sophie, my daughter, asked if we could bake him a cake that she could decorate ... soooooooo we baked a huge ... I mean HUGE, chocolate cake!!!!! ... which we are still eating!!!! Hopefully this coming week will be better:^:

Have a great weekend everyone ... and I hope you're all doing better than I am!!:rolleyes:

Nichola

happy dance dot 01-10-2004 02:34 AM

Oh boy Nichola...I am sure you'll see a better week...I too have soo many b-days coming up it'll be hard to stay on track.

NicoleNYC 01-12-2004 09:43 AM

Happy Monday!

The sun is not shining, the birds are not singing, my tail is neither bright nor bushy but Happy Monday anyway!

Time for me to get back to the serious busines of WW. I have been sort of half-way doing it for a while now. In a way, I feel kinda good about it because I haven't gained and maintaining my weight is a new thing for me. But I also have a big wedding situation in May and another beach trip in September and I don't want to be hiding from the photog or missing out on the beach stuff! So, I will not be wasting any more weeks!

Nichola - I love knowing that somewhere out there, there is a place called Fat Angelo's! Hope the cake is gone by now and you can get back on track. It's so distracting when there is a big chunk of evil/delicious food sitting right there looking at you!

Mari - glad you had a great Christmas! So happy that it all worked out for you. Look - you're a grown up now - you have your very own traditions (the first time I decorated my own tree with my own ornaments, I felt SO like I was playing at being a grown up. I was like 27!).

Dot - should we send out a search party for the newbies? It's so disappointing when they post once or twice and then disappear!

Raff - how are things out your way?

Kelly, Danielle, Lorraine, and Ali - we miss you! And I'm sure I'm forgetting a few others!

ecchs 01-12-2004 11:18 AM

I'm here

Hi all!

Well, I started WW about 10 days ago, but have had a hectic week. I'm going to try and weigh in today, so I'll keep you posted. I had a great start to the week, but by Thursday, I had a load of challenges that I didn't really manage very well. I'd be fine if I WOULD manage the ones I COULD manage, but I seem to sabotage myself. I could have ordered a tea with no snack at Starbucks and enjoyed the reason I was there in the first place; company and chit-chat. Instead, I had a big drink and a snack (which I DID share...1 point in my favour... :lol: ) BUt, it's a new day...no guilt and move on as Dotti likes to say.

Hey, speaking of Dotti (www.dwlz.com), she's having her yearly conference in Edmonton (about 3 hours from here). If any of you are interested in coming, I'd love to meet you. I'll be there!

Ok, I did manage to weigh in, and I'm down 1.2 pounds. Not the stellar 8 pounds I usually expect for a first week wiegh in, but hey, I'll TAKE IT! And, it keeps me on target for my 20 pounds in 20 weeks goal. Go me!
Lorraine

happy dance dot 01-12-2004 03:10 PM

Brandy- hmmm maybe we should send out a search party...lol

Fat in Hong Kong 01-13-2004 01:15 AM

Hi All!

Glad to see that everyone seems to be doing well right now. Lorraine, good luck with WW ... I keep thinking about joining myself, but it's such a hassle to get there as there's no parking, so it would mean relying on public transport, then there's the cost of joining and the weekly fees which are quite outrageous here in HK. Perhaps I'll just plod on a bit longer and see how I go trying to do it alone ... not very successful to date I know but I'm not giving in!! One day something will click ... I just hope it's sooner rather than later!

I'm going through a phase right now of not knowing what kind of plan to follow :?: Sometimes I think calorie counting is the most suitable for me, then another time it's low carb, then another time it's pure healthy eating and no 'diet' words ... I'm just so confused ... Oh how I wish I could have someone to come and cook all my meals and put it in front of me ... then all I'd have to do is eat it ... no hassle counting out the cals, or the grams of fat, or the carbs etc! :rolleyes: Damn, why is it all so tedious?! :mad:

Two weeks into the New Year and I'm still nowhere near starting a diet properly ... I'm going into panic mode ... Looks like some friends of ours from the UK will be coming to stay with us during the summer hols :yikes: My friend will be 42 in July ... she has the body of any 18 year old ... slim, firm, fit and very sexy!! How the **** can I possibly look forward to them coming when I have THAT BODY to compare myself with?!! God, it makes me feel so miserable just thinking about it :( Now I know deep down that if I could finally make a start, I could realistically be at my final goal by the time they come ... so someone tell me what my problem is ... anyone????

Nichola

happy dance dot 01-13-2004 10:25 AM

Nichola- hmmm, well the best i can say is take one day at a time and don't let one day affect the other. So what I am saying is just for today try to stay on program, then try 1 more day, and another and so on, but if you screw one day up don't beat yourself up, just plan the next one and stick to it. Well, I hope that helps. I know I have stopped beating myself up for bad days and its helped me stick to my program longer. Before I would always just quit if I had a bad day or two, now I just move on...that mentality has helped me not gain it back and if anything I pretty much maintained, except the 2.5 lbs I gained during the holidays, but even that if you think about its not too bad.

Hope everyone else is doing ok...take care

NicoleNYC 01-13-2004 11:44 AM

Nichola - we are having another trip to the beach in September - which is AGES away. My youngest brother's girlfriend is friggin BARBIE. Long legs, lond blond hair and all. BARBIE. And she's like 19. Oh kill me now. If she weren't so sweet I'd've bumped her off by now. The thought of having to drag my flabby 31 year old butt out on the beach with that CHILD, that Barbie CHILD, has very much kept me on track. I can be neither 19 again nor Barbie but I can certainly do better than my present situation. It's also really kept me working out. If I'm going to tan by Barbie, I need to work every option I have.

I guess my point is - do what you have to do. Count calories, read lots of diet books, pick any of dozens of easy peasy methods like never eating anything larger than your fist - do whatever works for you. If it works for you and it's not hurting you, then it's a good plan.

Dot - the "one day at a time" thing is very good advice. I never really understood what that meant - I mean, of COURSE you do things one day at a time. Duh. You can't do two. But now it makes more sense and I "get it" and it makes a huge difference!

HealthyMari 01-13-2004 03:52 PM

Happy Tuesday, ladies!

Nichola - I know it's frustrating, but I think Dot is right....one day at a time. It took me many many years to really get on a steady workout program b/c I'd get all excited, push myself too hard, be so disappointed that I couldn't hang in there or was super-sore the next day that I would just up and quit altogether.

I think healthy eating is the best approach and what has worked for me, and it's a combination of many things: including lots of fruits and veggies into your day (as snacks or bad carb replacements), watching portions (by eating enough but not too much), by cutting out the junk food (with healthy "indulgences" like Snackwell cookies or Healthy Choice Ice cream), and by buying reduced-fat, non-fat whenever possible. By watching portion sizes and the TYPES of food you purchase, it really cuts out all the tedious hassle of counting calories. And drink lots of water!!!!!!

I hope I didn't go off rambling...it just has really helped me to have a better relationship with food when I think about it this way.

How are everyone else's methods for a healthy 2004 fairing?

-Mari

happy dance dot 01-13-2004 04:38 PM

Nichola- I agree with Mari too. Whatever you can buy that's fat free, low cal, low carb, skim milk do so it helps. Also make sure you're putting in those fruits and veges, enough as to fill you, but also with other food so you're not hungry all day either. I find that veges and salads keep you from going for that second serving, but I also need the more solid/ heavy food to fill me up in the long run. Just combine them. Also as we all know water helps a lot too, if you don't like water try seltzer water( sodium free) I love that stuff! Hope this helps.

Brandy- Glad the one day at a time helped you. I was the same way...wanted to see results in a week, but never sticked to the plan for more than a month. Now I been on this for about four months. Hey I don't care if its 1 lb at a time, at least its 1 down and closer to my goal than gaining.

okie dokie take care chickies!

Fat in Hong Kong 01-14-2004 02:06 AM

Hi Girls,

Thanks for all your help and possible solutions to my problems. I know what you all say is right ... now I just need to put it into practise!

Dot, I know I should be taking it one day at a time and not giving up when I have a bad day. Unfortunately, I've been having rather a lot of bad days lately :o On the positive side, every day starts off well ... I don't have time for brekkie at home before I go out to work, so I always take a low fat yogurt or fruit to eat as soon as I arrive. Then I have a piece of fruit at breaktime ... 10.15am. My problem time right now seems to be when I arrive home at around 1.30pm (and again before dinner!!) ... I'm absolutely ravenous and end up shovelling food into my mouth!! Maybe I should start taking something a bit more substantial to eat at breaktime.

Mari, I think I agree with you about the healthy eating approach rather than counting calories or points or fat grams or whatever ... I seem to become obsessed with them and my whole life ends up revolving around food ... I swear I end up eating more than I normally would!! :o Believe it or not, I do already have a fairly healthy approach to food ... I always buy lots of fruit, salad and veggies (which I need to eat more of), and I aways buy low cal options for butter, mayo, yogurt, skimmed milk etc. Part of my problem is over-eating ... I always have huge portions, so I really do need to work on my portion control. I liked your comment about having a better relationship with food ... that's something I need to look at too.

Brandy, what can I say ... BARBIE CHILD :rofl: :lol: Thanks a million for putting a smile on my face :D And I couldn't agree more with your quote ... "If I'm going to tan by Barbie, I need to work every option I have". I need to take a leaf out of your book and start working on all my options.

OK girls, I'm feeling much more positive now I've spoken with you chickies ... let's see what tomorrow brings ..... :)

Nichola

NicoleNYC 01-14-2004 09:54 AM

It's so funny that this lifestyle v. counting conversation has come up. I realized yesterday that I am sick unto death of counting and tracking and planning and the blah blah blah of it all. I tend to eat when I'm bored. Not from stress or emotions or whatever - sheer boredom. So all this food focusedness is NOT helping me. I KNOW WW works and it has worked for me, but I also believe I'm even more food focused than ever. I still have most of the great WD principles to lean on and I DO for the most part (I NEVER eat till I'm full, I take tiny portions, I only eat what I really like and leave the stuff I'm eh about) but I find myself doing the same thing every afternoon around 4 pm - cruising the cabinets. Not because I'm hungry, but because I'm bored. And with WW, I can always finagle a way to fit in a snack. I'm obsessed with points. I need a break. Not from trying to lose weight, but from counting. And even tho I like structure, I think it's because I like to work the system - instead of thinking for myself and making decisions, I can let someone else set the guidlines and I can just bounce all around in there ALL BUT breaking the "rules." The only time in my LIFE I've ever lost and maintained a loss was when I kept myself super busy (no boredome eating) and just made better choices about food in general.

SO most of this is just rambling for my benefit but I'm glad I have you guys to mull it over with.

Also, Nichola, if you tend to over eat when you're starving - you're right - take something more substantial when you DO eat so you're not starving for the next meal or break. It's HARD to make good choices when you're starving! Along with your fruit, try a few almonds. Or if you like fruit and cheese, try that. Sneak a little protein in there and see if it doesn't last longer.

Ok guys, I'm off to have a no counting day. I may be back and counting by the end of the week, but today I need a BREAK!

Brandy

happy dance dot 01-14-2004 12:21 PM

Hi girls!

Brandy I hear ya girl. Do what's best for you.

Nichola- I agree with Brandy...eat a little more so you're not starving between meals...I know how hard it is when you starving...****, I just grab whatever is in front of me at that point, then I feel bad. Glad it hasn't happened in a while though, I just bring a lot of ziploc bags with me to work so i am nibbling throughout the day.

Mari, Lorraine, Raff where are you girls? Hope all is well.

HealthyMari 01-14-2004 03:11 PM

Happy Hump Day!

Dot - I hear ya! I am the ziploc queen! You and I might be the ones keeping their stocks up! I'm trying to have timely snacks though. I was an all-day nibbler and I found that I packed myself more food so I could get through the whole day. So now I'm doing a time thing: have stuff at b-fast, then small snack at 10am, then lunch, then small snack at 2 or 3. It's working so far!

Brandy - Hope your day works out well! Let us know!

Nichola - You can do it girl!

How's everyone else? Where did ya'll go? I'm having a good day b/c I packed an uber-healthy lunch and am feeling good. I'm also averaging 5 miles per run, which is an up from the 3.5 that I was averaging about 2 months ago. Half marathon in July, here I come!

Happy Wednesday! :hat:
-Mari

NicoleNYC 01-15-2004 02:07 PM

Well, it was nice to have a non-counting day. I think I ate less than I have in weeks - maybe because I wasn't thinking and planning about food. Who knows. But for a while yet, I'm just going to try to eat better (not as vague as it sounds, I have a plan!) and count nothing.

And when that stops working, maybe I'll start counting again. OF course, counting what - dunno.

Mari, you running thing, that's amazing!

Dot, guess we'll have to keep up the convo till the other girls show up.

Brandy

ecchs 01-15-2004 11:14 PM

Just pooping in after coming back from the Xray clinic. I've been having problems with my right leg (numbness in a few areas radiating from my hip, down my butt and back of thigh, over to the side of my kneew and sprialling to the front of my shin to my ankle) so the Dr. wants to rule out disc problems. Yay. Here's hoping it's just a pinched nerve.

I've been really thinking hard about this healthy me thing. Brandy, I hear you on the bored and obsessed front. WW worked for me, but I stopped working for it, so now I'm hooped. But, I've paid my cash and I'm determined to get my money's worth now, so here's to another pound loss next week. Won't be around much in the next week (like I am usually...:lol:) as DH is in Texas and I'll be up to my eyebrows in 2.8 year old. We're going on a little mini vacation to the mountains this weekend, so that should be really nice. I'll let you all know how it went!

TTFN!
Lorraine

NicoleNYC 01-16-2004 01:31 PM

Lorraine, hope the xray comes back with good news for you - and enjoy that vacation!

I bought the At Home kit which only comes with 12 weeks worth of weekly journals, then I switched to a notebook. I lost about - I don't know, between 17 and 20 pounds on it? So I feel like I got my money's worth. And I still have the materials if I decide to go back and try it again.

In the meantime, it's only been a few days but I've enjoyed not counting. I've promised myself that the trade off will be that I won't be mindless when I do eat, I will pay attention and make good choices. So far, so good. Here's hoping I keep it together.

Hope things are going well for the rest of you. Have a wonderful weekend!

Brandy

happy dance dot 01-16-2004 02:19 PM

Mari- hahaha thats funny...the ziploc thingy...I do 3 meals a day pus 2-3 snacks....ah man I gotta go...work calls...lol

take care all ...oh yea and I am 156!!! Got out of that 159 plateau

Fat in Hong Kong 01-17-2004 03:36 AM

Congratulations Dot for breaking through that plateau! :bravo: you're well on your way to success :cp:

Lorraine, hope everything's ok with the x-rays.

Brandy, glad the non-counting day went well.

I've take everyones advice on board and I'm trying not to obsess about the whole diet thingy. I'm going to give it a go with the healthy eating lifestyle instead of counting cals and see what happens for a couple of weeks. I'm going to choose healthy options for snacks etc, and reduce my portions which I know is one of my biggest problem areas. I'll also be taking something a bit more filling to work with me for breaktime so that I'm not so hungry when I get home for lunch.

Hope you're all having a great weekend :)

Nichola

Fat in Hong Kong 01-19-2004 01:44 AM

Wow, where has everyone disappeared to?? I usually check-in every Monday to find that I have to catch up with about 20 posts!!!! ... Today I discover there have been no posts since my last one on Saturday ........ :dizzy:

Anyway, just want to let you all know that I'm raring to go on my new healthy eating plan. I haven't weighed in for 2 weeks as I've been such a bad girl and just couldn't stay on track ... truth is, I hopped on the scales this morning and not surprisingly, I'm back up to 174. However, I'm feeling very motivated right now ... partly due to all your helpful advice ... and partly due to the fact that I have my very own diet buddy ... my hubby :) Not that he has a major weight problem, although losing a few pounds wouldn't do him any harm. His reason for changing his diet is due to the fact that he was diagnosed with having high blood pressure a few months ago. He already has a fairly healthy diet, but he was recommended to try a diet called 'The DASH Eating Plan' (which stands for Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension), which is a low fat/low sodium diet. We started reading into it and were shocked at the sodium levels in foods that we have always thought to be healthy. Anyway, the plan will benefit both hubby with his high blood pressure and myself as it's a healthy eating plan that all adults can follow. It's extremely simple to follow, based on so many servings of each food group daily. Obviously I'm going to be spending a lot of time checking out food labels when I go shopping, but hopefully it will help both of us to become more healthy.

Hope you all had a good weekend and good luck for the coming week. :)

Nichola

PS - I've added a little quote to the bottom of my posts ... I saw it in a magazine recently and thought it was rather appropriate.

RaffaellaBella 01-19-2004 06:54 AM

Hey Everyone! I haven't been getting notifications of posts so I've missed a bit.

Hope everyone is OK. Its cold, snowy and wet in NYC now. Yuck. I'm getting tired of it.

Well got to go. Just got in from a long night at my friend's house.

Take care,
Raff

NicoleNYC 01-19-2004 12:46 PM

Hi guys!

Raff - it IS yucky here. I'm glad at least it's sunny today (for now) - even if it is a little (a LOT) slushy.

Nichola - best of luck to you and your hubby! It's great to have a buddy (now if only I could get mine interested again).

So far, so good for me. I still have about 7 pounds to go to meet my 10% goal and I was hoping to do it by the end of Jan. Who knows. I may yet make it!

Brandy

ecchs 01-20-2004 02:05 AM

I HAVE GOT TO GET TO A WW MEETING THIS WEEK BEFORE I GO CRAZY!

That is all.

Lorraine

Fat in Hong Kong 01-20-2004 02:26 AM

Raff, you're not the only ones freezing cold ... the temps in HK have plummeted over the past few days ... it's usually so mild, we're just not used to the cold ... I can't remember it ever being this cold in the past 3 years that we've been living here ... last weekend we were BBQing!!

Brandy, good luck with reaching your 10% target ... but if you don't do by the end of Jan, don't worry, because you're doing brilliantly and I'm sure you'll soon be there. :)

Lorraine, hope you manage to get to a meeting this week ... How's it going? How was your mimi vaccation?

Well, I know it's very early days (Day 2!) but I've managed to stay on plan without any slip-ups ... I really want to do this right ... probably because I'm determined not to let hubby do better than me!!

Nichola

ecchs 01-20-2004 08:42 PM

Go Nichola!

GOOD FOR YOU NICHOLA! :cheer: One day at a time will add up to success.

Now if only I'd follow my own adages. Sheesh. I've decided that my success hinges specifically on going to a WW meeting. I haven't been in over a week...out of sight out of mind. I get so frustrated becasue I know I am capable. Dmmit, I'm more than capable. There is no sane reason that I am this way. I am physically able, intelligent and have a great support system. Everything is going for me....except ME. Arrrgh, so hard to explain. I know I feel better when I eat better. When I exercise. When I lose weight and look better. When my house is clean. When i can find my keys. When I'm busy and excited about life. Instead, I park my butt on the couch or in bed and just lay and think about all things I SHOULD be doing. WHY WHY WHY??? :?:

I need a constant reminder that I need to make myself happy. Something I look at that tells me "Do something, anything that will make me happy!" I think WW calls it an anchor. I got a charm bracelet for Christmas...maybe I can find a new charm for it that will remind me.

How is everyone else doing? Mari? Sounds like you're right on track! Welcome back Raff...glad you found us again. Brandy...that 10% will be yours in no time! Dot...what do you do for a living?

Lorraine

RaffaellaBella 01-20-2004 09:09 PM

I have to say that I just love you Gals! I was reading through the posts and looking to see who lost what so I could give my congrats when I realized we all deserve congratulating. No matter what, whether we are up or down on the scale, and now matter how many times it may go up and down :lol: we are still here on this forum giving each other support. It shows that we won't give up even though we sometimes feel like we want to. (God I'm sounding sappy)

So I want to say kudos to EVERY one of my buddys on this thread.

Love,
Raff

HealthyMari 01-21-2004 01:05 PM

My, I've missed quite a bit here! Had a lot of catching up to do!

Raff - I couldn't have put it better myself! No matter what our scales have said, I think that we are all on an ultimate motivation high and I think that is as important as everything else! So congrats and high-five to you too!

Nichola - You go girl! One day at a time is fabulous and I hope that you adopt this healthy lifestyle rather than a "diet fad". I am glad your hubby is right there with you! It totally makes a difference, at least for me. My parents both have high blood pressure and high cholesterol, so healthy eating is key. A lot of times it is genetically predisposed, so it's important for kids to follow and see the healthy patterns as well. I definitely think about it a lot with my parents and am more conscious. Keep it up! :strong:

Lorraine - I am the same way sometimes. I know that I would feel better if I got up, vacuumed, did some sit-ups or what not, and I just sit at the TV. Sometimes, when I think it in my head, I count and make myself do it. I'll think, "I would really feel better if I got up off the couch and did just 20 sit-ups. Okay, one, two, three!" and I MAKE myself get up. Seriously, once it's in your head, just make the task attainable (like if you think you should clean the whole house, minimize it to vacuuming or dusting only) and then count! It's a little cheezy but it definitely works for me.

Brandy - You are doing so well! Keep it up! Even if you don't do it by Jan., you can do it the first week of Feb. and still be my hero! :cp:

Dot - Congrats on beating your plateau! Good job showing who's the boss! :hat:

Alright, gotta get back to work. This is panning out to be a good week for me as I grocery shopped yesterday with only good choices, and I still managed to get in 7 more miles even though I was on vacation this weekend. Keep it up ladies! We rock! :dancer:

-Mari

happy dance dot 01-21-2004 02:56 PM

Hi girls...sorry I been gone for a while just been going through some stuff, but all is good now. Gotta run but just wanted to pop in and say hi...hope you're all doing goood.

Fat in Hong Kong 01-22-2004 01:39 AM

Kung Hei Fat Choi! (Happy New Year!)

No, I'm not late with the New Year greeting ... it's Chinese New Year's Day today (Thursday), so "Kung Hei Fat Choi" to you all. :hat: Got a few days off work for the festivities so might not be around much until after the weekend. Will do my best to keep on track ... things still going well so far, but we're out to dinner tomorrow night for the big fireworks celebration that they have in HK, then on Saturday we have a day at the races, including lunch :^: so I'll do the best I can not to over indulge. Hope you all have a great weekend :)

Nichola

RaffaellaBella 01-22-2004 12:19 PM

Ok. Still not getting notifications of postings. AAAAAAAAARGH! Very frustrating.

happy dance dot 01-22-2004 03:48 PM

Kung Hei Fat Choi! Nichola!

HealthyMari 01-22-2004 07:26 PM

Happy New Year!!!!!!!!!!!!