3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Desperately Need a Diet Buddy #20 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/34664-desperately-need-diet-buddy-20-a.html)

britjo67 02-08-2004 07:37 AM

Hi guys,

The funeral was actually really lovely, and the sun shined all day, in a week where quite frankly we've had very little sun. I like to think it was a sign that she's finally at rest. Even the family problems we anticipated weren't quite as bad!!!

Well I weighed myself this morning and I'm another 4lbs down (247.5). I even allowed myself some birthday cake this week (my daughter was 10 on Friday.....I feel sooooooo old!!!!).

I'm finally back at uni this week, and have to confess to being a little apprehensive. I still get tired when I do things, and driving the 110 mile journey to uni and back plus hours of lectures scares me to death!!!

Congrats for all losses this week, and hugs for everyone.
Love
Jo

Fat in Hong Kong 02-09-2004 01:18 AM

Jo, so pleased that your grans funeral went well and that the sun was shining down on her :grouphug: Well done on your 4lbs loss this week, that's fantastic. Good luck with getting back into the swing of things at uni :)

Lorraine, how was the masked ball and what did you end up wearing?

Hope everyone had a good weekend ... Let's hope it's a good week for us all! :)

Nichola

NicoleNYC 02-09-2004 12:46 PM

Jo, glad things went well and sending you good vibes for uni!

Lorraine, what Nichola said - details please!

Brandy

RaffaellaBella 02-10-2004 08:45 AM

Hello Ladies! I haven't been getting notifications even though I'm subscribed to this thread. Grrrrrh! Because I read your posts even if I don't reply.

Congrats to Dot on reaching your goal!

Congrats to all you losers and maintainers! I'm STILL at the same weight although I have been walking the dog this week so I'm feeling a little better physically.

Nicole - I loved what you said, Well snap out of it. I'm going to use that one.

To everyone else, hope you are doing well.

Take care,
Raff

HealthyMari 02-10-2004 12:21 PM

First off, Jo - I'm happy that your ceremony was so lovely, as it helps the family and is a good way to remember all of the happy memories shared. **hugs** :grouphug:

Brandy and Nichola - Congrats on your losses! You gals are doing superbly!

Hi and good vibes to every one else on keeping up the good work.

As for me, this has been a bad couple of weeks. I haven't really talked about it, but it's really the first time I've completely fallen off the wagon. I haven't gained anything, and I think it's because overall, I still seem to good foods and am still keeping my running up. But I just have not feel very sturdy....at all. I'll pack myself healthy lunches and snacks and then run across the street to the little mini mart and get something. The Valentine's day candy is out in my office, and no matter what I think to myself, by the end of the day I've eaten more pieces than I care to count. I just don't know what's going on. I know that I'm not hungry. I know that I really don't want the junk food overall......but I just eat it. Even as I reach for it, I think, "I don't want this...I know I don't...." and then I EAT IT!!!

I'm just really frustrated. Luckily my Shape magazine came in the mail yesterday, so I'm determined.....I'm just feeling discouraged.

Happy Tuesday,
-Mari

Fat in Hong Kong 02-11-2004 01:08 AM

Brandy, well done for maintaining your weight and walking the dog ... doing some exercise and feeling physically better, but not losing, is still a great achievement ... keep up the good work :)

Mari, sorry to hear you've been a bit off track lately but the fact that you haven't gained shows that you've been doing something right! :)

Unfortunately, I've been having problems (again!) this week ... TOM arrived and the staff room has been full of goodies!! :mad: Every time it's someone's birthday they bring in lots of choccies, cakes, cookies, etc. Normally I'm pretty good at avoiding them, but this week I've had such huge cravings for all the sugary stuff :( I just know I've blown it again for yet another week :devil:

Nichola

NicoleNYC 02-12-2004 11:08 AM

If sneezing burned calories I would be at my goal weight by now :stars: The allergy thing is working me over.

Nichola, it's so hard to get out of that "one thing off plan = blown it" mentality but I think it's got to be a huge step towards permanent weight loss. I know I tend to be the same way but then I think - there are always going to be birthday parties, nights out, holiday weekends, etc and I've either got to learn to say no some of the time or think of them as just ONE tiny bit of much bigger picture - or I'll never get anywhere.

Mari, I've been riding the not losing/just barely not gaining line myself for a while. I'm trying to think of it as down time before the next big push. I haven't gained, maybe I just need a little while to "rest" before I get going again in a BIG way. I think today is the day. How about you?

Hi Raff, ya doggie walker you!

B

HealthyMari 02-12-2004 03:24 PM

Thank you guys for your encouragement.

Brandy - maybe it's something in the air, but I totally think today is the day. I have felt much better about eating, I packed myself a reasonable and healthy lunch and I don't feel like stuffing my face. Progress! I'd been feeling like a bottomless pit lately! I would pack myself way more than my regular amount of food for lunch and I would just eat and eat and eat. All. Day. Long. Then I could not contain my willpower and I'd run across the street and get some pretzels or something. I mean I wasn't eating BAD food, I was just eating ALL THE TIME! But you're right, B, today is the day!

Happy Thursday and Happy Valentine's Day to all!
-Mari

NicoleNYC 02-12-2004 03:40 PM

Mari, we must've been on the same wavelength because I've been JUST the same. Not bad choices, just bottomless! And today it's like I've turned a corner. Yay for us!

Brandy

britjo67 02-13-2004 02:56 AM

So great to see you two getting back on track again.

Like Raff I haven't been getting notifications. Grrrrrrrrr.

Anyway, I'm doing ok, TOM this week so my weight has gone up slightly/feel bloated. Oh well, nothing I can't handle. A friend sent me a bar of diabetic chocolate this week (great timing!!!). It was nice, just not 'as' nice. I'm actually missing hot chocolate more than chocolate itself...I never was much of a coffee drinker before. Still, not a lot I can do about it.

Take care
Jo

NicoleNYC 02-13-2004 10:55 AM

Jo, could you have diabetic hot chocolate or sugar free or something? If you can't find it, I probably can (the sugar and carb free craze is HUGE here) and I'd be more than happy to send you some!

Brandy

Fat in Hong Kong 02-14-2004 12:28 AM

Hi Girls,

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY ... Anyone doing anything special with your loved one???? :)

Can't believe that the weekend is here again already! This past week has flown by for me ... it was a bad week so I'm grateful that it's over with!! Nothing much to report ... stayed the same this week weight-wise which was very surprising considering the kind of week that I've had ... TOM and all the bad choices to go with it!! :o I went to do my weekly shop yesterday and made sure that I only put healthy stuff in the trolley ... along with this months copy of a slimming magazine ... I need some motivation!!

Hope next week is better than last week!! Have a great weekend everyone :)

Nichola

RaffaellaBella 02-14-2004 07:23 AM

Hi guys! Happy Valentine's Day. I just got a notification from 3FC re this forum. What's up with that?

I'm ok. I've been exercising every day. Walking, that is. The weather has been milder so I was able to peak my nose out the door and then get out.

Well got to run off! Hope everyone is well.

Take care and stay well,
Raff

NicoleNYC 02-16-2004 11:01 AM

Hi guys! Hope everyone had a great V-Day weekend!

Raff, you go on what walking thing! I need to get myself in gear! It's funny how sometimes, it seems like I can at least do WATP tapes five days a week for weeks on end, and other times I just can't get going. Guess which phase I'm in now?

Nichola, hope you're off to a great new start!

Brandy

Fat in Hong Kong 02-17-2004 01:31 AM

Hi Girls,

Hope you all had a great weekend ... where is everyone???

Brandy, I'm inclined to agree with you ... I just can't seem to get myself going as far as exercise is concerned ... perhaps we both need to take lessons from Raff! If I could just motivate myself to take the dog for a 30mins walk each day ... but do I? ... No, it's just a quick whizz outside to do what she's gotta do and the longer walks are left up to hubby!! Problem is, I feel so tired when I get home from work and just want to collapse on the sofa with a coffee and a magazine!! Hubby keeps telling me I'd feel much better if I did more exercise (I now it's true!) ... but it's just getting the motivation to do it that's the problem!! :o

On a more positive note, I've managed to muster up some motivation as far as getting back on track is concerned. I spent the weekend browsing slimming magazines ... which all kept reminding me that summer is around the corner!! The weather has changed in HK over the past few days ... the sun is shining, the sky is blue and it's about 20'c ... beautiful! :cool: It certainly makes me feel happier and more determined to do something about my weight problem. I don't want to go through another hot, humid, sticky summer in Hong Kong feeling the way I've felt before. If I'm going to do something about it, I've got to make a start now, or it really will be too late, and I'll be feeling miserable and uncomfortable all summer ... yet again!!

If anyone can send any motivation my way regarding exercise, please do!! :D

Nichola

NicoleNYC 02-17-2004 01:20 PM

Summer...summer? I know I've heard of it, but I can't quite remember what it is...I'll have to Google it.

It's like 21F here today or something. It's cold INSIDE.

I know I should type something about dieting now, but it's just too cold. I can't think.

Brandy

RaffaellaBella 02-17-2004 01:45 PM

Hi All! It snowed for about 60 seconds just now. The snowflakes were so tiny that they melted before hitting the ground. No one told me we were excepting snow so I checked weather.com and sure as s*hit we are getting snow tomorrow. Maybe what I saw today was a little preview of what is to come. :)

I exercised again today - thank God. Have to do it while I have the incentive. Nothing major, just put on some dance mixes and shook my groove thing for 25 minutes. :lol: Not a pretty sight!

Well hope everyone is doing well. Maybe we can set some short goals for the spring or summer? Anyone interested? Let me know.

Take care,
Raff

ecchs 02-17-2004 02:43 PM

Hi all...

Well, what a crazy, oh, 10 days it has been. Shortly after I posted about the Masked Ball, my back went into spasm and I spent the evening flat on my back in bed. Went to the hospital then next day (had to CRAWL down the sidewalk and over the snowbank to get to the car..OMG) They gave me muscle relaxants and pain killers, plus a shot of Morphine and Valium and sent me home. The next day dh and I decided that I needed someone to help take care of DS as I wasn't able and dh had to work, so we made a speedy and painful trip 3hours to my mom's. I went to the Dr. again on Tuesday and she gave me some anti inflamitories and Tylenol 3s. That worked much better for me, and by thursday I could walk for short periods on my own. I had a massage to loosen the muscles and now I'm back at home and relatively upright. I have to work tonight, so I hope all will be well.

So I have no details on the ball as I didn't go. How much does that suck? I paid $100 bucks to go too, with, of course, no refund. Oh well.

Lorraine

Fat in Hong Kong 02-18-2004 01:34 AM

Lorraine, so sorry to hear about your back problems, I thought it was strange that you hadn't replied to our questions re the masked ball ... take care at work and don't overdo it!

Raff & Brandy, I don't envy you both with the cold weather and snow ... now what's that? :lol: ... I'll try to send you a bit of Hong Kong weather in a day or two :cool: Wonder why it is that people never feel like 'dieting' when the weather's cold ... after all, we've got the SUMMER just around the corner!!!! :yikes:

Raff, well done on the dance exercise! :) I'm definitely up for setting some weight loss goals for spring/summer. How about losing so many pounds by Easter for starters, Good Friday 9th April. That's just 7 weeks away. We could each state how many pounds we would realistically like to lose by then and post our results each week. Then, when we reach that goal (which of course we will!), we can extend the date and so on. Anyone else interested? ... The more the merrier! :hat: :dance: :dancer:

Nichola

ecchs 02-18-2004 02:36 PM

I see 7 pounds in 7 weeks for me.

HealthyMari 02-18-2004 07:51 PM

Lorraine - Hope you are feeling better!

Since I am onto this maintaining kick (b/c I don't think I can lose without toning or upping the exercise at this point) can I join, but with an exercise (as opposed to lbs) goal?

I'm thinking 100 sit-ups 5 days a week....and I do weeks Mon through Sunday.

So that's my goal! And I'm gonna do week by week counts on my signature to keep it up....Let's all try and monitor this so we can get motivated with our progress! Good thinking, Nichola! I'm in!

-Mari

P.S. I needed a jump start, so this rocks!

RaffaellaBella 02-18-2004 10:00 PM

This is so much fun! Almost as much as the Sex & The City wagers I've been placing. :lol: Ok, here's mine: by Sunday, March 27 I want to be 10lbs lighter.
I think that's a good goal.

Lorraine - hope you're feeling better.

Nichola - We didn't get any snow. It passed us by. It was sunny and mild today. Go figure.

Mari - Good to see you're on the exercise wagon also. I didn't exercise today because I had a long day sitting my friend's baby. Tomorrow morning I'll dancerise for 30 min and then maybe walk the dog later.

Brandy, Jo and everyone else - hope you are doing well.

Take care,
Raff

Fat in Hong Kong 02-19-2004 03:12 AM

Ok girls, looks like we're going for it :cb: I'll be weighing-in tomorrow (Friday) and my goal is to lose 10lbs by 9th April (Good Friday) ... Let's call this our 'Easter Challenge' ... is that ok with everyone? Good luck to us all! :) ... We can do it!!

Mari, I think this is the jump start that I needed too. :)... at least I hope it is!!

Raff, glad you didn't get the snow ... didn't I tell you that I'd be sending some Hong Kong weather your way? :cool:

Nichola

RaffaellaBella 02-19-2004 06:09 PM

Oh Nichola! You are so daring to put the weekly stats on your signature. I should be as good as you.

britjo67 02-19-2004 07:10 PM

Sheesh.....I wondered why it'd gone quiet....no notifications...and here I am and there's loads of posts.

Lorraine, sorry to hear about your back, try and take it easy.

Nichola, sounds fab, count me in for the challenge, I'll weigh in the morning, although it'll not be good, my TOM never turned up, so I'm mega bloated, and I know I've gained. I shall aim for 10lbs in the 7 weeks too.

Oooooh snow......am I the only one who loves snow and wishes I lived somewhere where there was lots???? A friend sent me photos of the view outside his house in Nova Scotia...I wanted to move there and then! We had about an eighth of an inch one day this winter, and that's it!

I finally saw the doc yesterday. I had to see the diabetes nurse so many times before they would let me see the doc (plus they had to get the tests done...the joys of a national health service). Apparently I have high cholesterol as well now, although it's a side effect of the diabetes. My meds weren't working as well as they should, so I'm on a higher dose, and have to take meds to lower my cholesterol too. I'll be rattling at this rate!!!!!!!

I am feeling better though, although seem to be permanently tired, but I'm struggling to play catch-up at uni, which isn't easy when my eyes are still a bit iffy.

I found an Atkins website in the UK and ordered some of the sugar free hot chocolate. It's a very funny colour but drinkable, and I think I could get used to it!

Anyway, my bed is calling me, I'll post my weight tomorrow.

Night all
Jo

britjo67 02-20-2004 01:51 AM

Right, my weight is 251.5. I'm in.

Fat in Hong Kong 02-20-2004 02:20 AM

Hi Girls,

Well, today's the day ... the start of the 'Easter Challenge' :) I weighed-in at 174.5lbs, which is 1.5lbs up on last week!! I had a really bad week last week and managed to stay the same ... I should have know it would catch up with me eventually!!! :mad:

Jo, glad that you're joining us on the challenge :)

Good luck to everyone, let's hope we all have a brilliant week! :)

HealthyMari 02-20-2004 03:12 PM

Hooray! I am so excited to be on this bandwagon with you gals! This is definitely so much motivation and we are going to be some hot chickies this summer!

I have also decided that b/c lent starts next Wednesday, I am giving up candy, chocolate and hydrogenated oils....which is basically all crackers, cookies (even the lowfat/nonfat stuff has it) and chips and stuff like that. This is going to be really hard, I think I'm in over my head, but I'm gonna try my best! I chose that b/c I read an article and they were discussing how terrible they are for your body b/c you don't have the enzymes to break it down, so it just absorbs into your body..... We'll see!

So there we go! I'll post my results on my signature!

Have a wonderful weekend, ladies. Thank you for being such a source of inspiration and motivation, I really appreciate it!
-Mari

RaffaellaBella 02-20-2004 04:03 PM

Ok I'll move my goal date to Easter. And what day would that be?

ecchs 02-20-2004 04:26 PM

Hi Guys!

I weigh in at WW tomorrow morning, so I'll post then.

Lorraine

Fat in Hong Kong 02-24-2004 01:17 AM

Just thought I'd check to see how everyone's doing so far this week ... but no posts :( I'm struggling to stay completely on track, but each time I fall off, I pick myself up and start again, don't know if this will help :?:

Lorraine, how did the weigh-in go at WW?

Nichola

NicoleNYC 02-24-2004 02:23 PM

Hi y'all!

Sorry I haven't been keeping up! I don't know where my brain has been!

Ok, to make sure I have this challenge correctly - THIS week is the first week? I'm all in. I'm going to say two pounds a week (average) because first, it's my TOM so I'm up and will show a woosh next weigh in and second, I have a lot to lose. Two pounds a week should be realistic for me. YAY! I'm so excited!

I'm going to update my sig and my journal and my weigh in days will be Monday because that's just easiest for me.

I'm so glad you guys are up for this! I feel so motivated!

HealthyMari 02-24-2004 02:39 PM

Hi Ladies!

So I had to change my foods that I'm giving up....I originally had no hydrogenated oils, but it's in everything, including super-healthy stuff. Also it is found in some things, but it is the last ingredient and the labels say that it is a "trivial amount." It turned out to be unrealistic, so instead I made it no chips, crackers, cookies, candy or chocolate......so just say NO to the 5 C's!

It's going well this week, I'm super excited although have not done one single sit-up, which means I have to do 100 every single day for the rest of the week to meet my goal.

Nichola - stay on track, girl! I'll be more consistent with the posts, I've just been super busy at work.

Brandy - awesome goal!

How's everyone else doing???

-Mari

P.S. I added my 3FC journal profile as my homepage....so if you want to read my journal comments on the Easter challenge, click my name and then click my homepage!

RaffaellaBella 02-25-2004 12:14 AM

Hi All!

Checking in to say I lost zero (0) lbs this week. Zippo. Nada. Niente. My weigh-in on Sunday morning so I still have another week to try again.

Good luck to you all!

Love,
Raff

NicoleNYC 02-25-2004 11:07 AM

Mari, I try to avoid hydrogenated oils as well and they ARE in everything! Good luck with alll those sit ups!

Raff, sorry about the zero so far but you know the dull old advice - if you keep up your hard work, the weight will come off. Sunday is still several days away so you've lots of time!

As for me, I'm freezing and someone is coming up to fix my heater so I must go move furniture now. Lovely.

Brandy

HealthyMari 02-27-2004 02:09 PM

Hi ladies!

Just wanted to see how you all were fairing on this first week of the challenge. Hope everyone is feeling motivated!

I've done pretty well, been doing my sit-ups and I am SO SORE!!!! It has been pouring rain and hailing this week, so I've been struggling with being inside the house and not snacking all damn day....but so far so good.

Also, people keep bringing cookies into all of our staff meetings....what are they trying to do to me!?!?!?

Hope everyone has a great weekend and keep it up!

-Mari

NicoleNYC 02-28-2004 11:24 AM

Hi Mari! And everyone else!

Mari, congrats on all those sit ups!

Jo, just realize we're at the same start weight - cool!

I think I've lost right at my two pounds for this week - and two days yet to go till it's "official" so maybe I'll be able to eek out a bonus half pound.

We finally made reservations for our vaca in September - it seems soooo far away, and yet so close in terms of how much time I have to lose weight. Nineteen year old Barbie is still planning to attend. ACK! Also, we have a trip in May involving weddings and a few dress-up things and all I can think is how I am sick unto death of trying to find attractive fat clothes.

And on that happy note, hope you all have a great weekend!

B

Fat in Hong Kong 02-29-2004 01:21 AM

Hi Girls,

Well done to all of you who have managed to stay on track for the Easter Challenge :bravo:

Amazingly I have lost 2lbs this week ... expected a gain so I'm obviously very pleased indeed :) It's given me the incentive to try harder this week.

Keep up the good work everyone.

Nichola

britjo67 02-29-2004 03:24 AM

Well I've just weighed in at 249, so a 2.5 drop for me....although given past history it'll go up again this week!!!!

Good luck everyone!
Jo

RaffaellaBella 03-01-2004 12:50 AM

I weighed myself this morning and I gained 7lbs. :( What a setback! I changed my signature to reflect it.

Congrats to Nichola and Jo on your loss!

Everyone else keep up the good work with the food and exercising and someone needs to tell me when Easter is!

Take care,
Raff