Old 01-07-2004, 12:50 PM   #1  
Why is chocolate so good?

Default Desperately Need a Diet Buddy #20

Hi Ladies! Welcome back!

I think our other #20 thread got deleted b/c it was so new, so I thought I'd go ahead and start it up again.

It is a true testament to how much you ladies and this site keep me sane....yesterday I was so sad thinking they might shut down this site!

Come back, chickies!
-Mari

Last edited by HealthyMari; 01-07-2004 at 12:52 PM.
HealthyMari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2004, 04:35 PM   #2  
Bad Mamma Jamma

Height: 5'7"

Hi! Thought I had lost you guys there. Do you guys want to set up a yahoo group in case of emergencies? We can just keep it open and post there should anything ever happen to this site (message board down for repairs or whatever). Nothing could replace 3fc.com but I'd like to have a backup just in case!
NicoleNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2004, 08:14 PM   #3  

Unhappy

Hi!

So happy to see you here! I was thinking we'd lost our little group for good!

Where IS everyone?????
Old 01-09-2004, 02:20 AM   #4  
Raised By Wolves

S/C/G: 335/270/170

Height: 5'8"

Default Something is up with this Website

I think 3FC is having some technical problems because I checked my User Critical Profile and I was no longer subsribed to this thread and my recent PMS are not in my inbox.

Anyone else experiencing problems?
RaffaellaBella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2004, 02:22 AM   #5  
Raised By Wolves

S/C/G: 335/270/170

Height: 5'8"

Default Find out the problem...

Right after I posted I saw this on at the top of the forum:

Due to a major server crash Monday, Jan 4, we lost our forum database and other parts of the 3FC website. The backups were also damaged and we could not restore to original. However, I happened to have a copy elsewhere of the database from November, and have used it to restore the forum. We have lost all posts and new memberships that were created since November 17. This situation was apparently unavoidable, and could have been much worse than it was. This doesn't lessen the impact on all of us, and we sincerely apologize for the loss this has caused you. We value your input in our community, and every single post benefits each of us. To experience even a partial loss is very disturbing. We are taking steps to be better prepared in the future, should disaster ever strike again.

Our email server is not functioning and there is no hope for repair. We are in the process of moving to a new server, which will take 2 to 3 days. At that point, we will have email again. In the meantime, you cannot receive email notifications upon new posts or PMs. If you need help with your password, send an email to [email protected] and include your username and we will reset your password from here. You must send the message from the email address on your account, so we can verify your identity.

We appreciate your patience and understanding, and hope we can all get back on track now and focus on realizing our goals for 2004.
RaffaellaBella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2004, 10:19 AM   #6  
No Excuses~Better Choices

S/C/G: 14st 6lb/13st 12lb/10st 5lb

Height: 5'2"

Hi Girls!

Just checked-in to see if 3fc was up and running again ... it's now 11.15pm and time for bed but I couldn't rest until I checked it out!! ... Thank goodness we're back on-line, I've missed you guys!

Anyway, time to get some shut eye ... I'll 'speak' to you again tomorrow

Nichola
Fat in Hong Kong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2004, 01:32 PM   #7  

Wooooooooohooooooooooooo we're back!!! hehehehe okay you girls get it huh.

sorry I just had lunch and am a bit hyper. I guess also excited cause we're back up.

Hey Mari- where have you been??? How was the trip?

Raff- you made me giigle with you first post followed by your second post...seemed you were a bit lost huh...I think we all were.

Nichola-yesss we're back up and running- thank goodness!

okay girls hope you're all doing great

ohhh and I think we lost the newbies this time....hope they find us
happy dance dot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2004, 03:35 PM   #8  

Hooray! The gang is slowly coming back together!

It's amazing how much this thread means to me. It is such a source of motivation and it always seems to keep me grounded. I often get into slumps when it seems like all I think about is food and watching the junk, and not over-doing the calories and working out enough, etc. etc. You ladies really bring a smile to my face and it just makes it seem more realistic a situation and more attainable a goal. Plus, you guys are just hilarious!

Enough of the mush! How was everyone's holidays? Mine were great and my parents actually did a lot better with me leaving on Christmas Eve than I thought they would. And waking up X-mas morning at home, with my man, was awesome.

Back on track!
-Mari
Old 01-09-2004, 09:33 PM   #9  

Mari, welcome back ... glad you had a great Christmas with your man!!

Unfortunately, regardless of all my words about being motivated and determined, I have not had a good week. Found it very difficult to get on track. It all started last Sunday with a big birthday dinner for Tom, my son ... he was 15 ... His choice of restaurant ... Fat Angelo's ... Italian of course, with the most humungous portions you have ever seen!! And of course, there weren't many leftovers!! On Monday (his actual birthday) Sophie, my daughter, asked if we could bake him a cake that she could decorate ... soooooooo we baked a huge ... I mean HUGE, chocolate cake!!!!! ... which we are still eating!!!! Hopefully this coming week will be better

Have a great weekend everyone ... and I hope you're all doing better than I am!!

Nichola
Old 01-10-2004, 02:34 AM   #10  

Oh boy Nichola...I am sure you'll see a better week...I too have soo many b-days coming up it'll be hard to stay on track.
Old 01-12-2004, 09:43 AM   #11  
Bad Mamma Jamma

Height: 5'7"

Default Happy Monday!

The sun is not shining, the birds are not singing, my tail is neither bright nor bushy but Happy Monday anyway!

Time for me to get back to the serious busines of WW. I have been sort of half-way doing it for a while now. In a way, I feel kinda good about it because I haven't gained and maintaining my weight is a new thing for me. But I also have a big wedding situation in May and another beach trip in September and I don't want to be hiding from the photog or missing out on the beach stuff! So, I will not be wasting any more weeks!

Nichola - I love knowing that somewhere out there, there is a place called Fat Angelo's! Hope the cake is gone by now and you can get back on track. It's so distracting when there is a big chunk of evil/delicious food sitting right there looking at you!

Mari - glad you had a great Christmas! So happy that it all worked out for you. Look - you're a grown up now - you have your very own traditions (the first time I decorated my own tree with my own ornaments, I felt SO like I was playing at being a grown up. I was like 27!).

Dot - should we send out a search party for the newbies? It's so disappointing when they post once or twice and then disappear!

Raff - how are things out your way?

Kelly, Danielle, Lorraine, and Ali - we miss you! And I'm sure I'm forgetting a few others!
NicoleNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 11:18 AM   #12  
A woman of ACTION

Default I'm here

Hi all!

Well, I started WW about 10 days ago, but have had a hectic week. I'm going to try and weigh in today, so I'll keep you posted. I had a great start to the week, but by Thursday, I had a load of challenges that I didn't really manage very well. I'd be fine if I WOULD manage the ones I COULD manage, but I seem to sabotage myself. I could have ordered a tea with no snack at Starbucks and enjoyed the reason I was there in the first place; company and chit-chat. Instead, I had a big drink and a snack (which I DID share...1 point in my favour... ) BUt, it's a new day...no guilt and move on as Dotti likes to say.

Hey, speaking of Dotti (www.dwlz.com), she's having her yearly conference in Edmonton (about 3 hours from here). If any of you are interested in coming, I'd love to meet you. I'll be there!

Ok, I did manage to weigh in, and I'm down 1.2 pounds. Not the stellar 8 pounds I usually expect for a first week wiegh in, but hey, I'll TAKE IT! And, it keeps me on target for my 20 pounds in 20 weeks goal. Go me!
Lorraine

Last edited by ecchs; 01-12-2004 at 07:14 PM. Reason: Additions
ecchs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 03:10 PM   #13  

Brandy- hmmm maybe we should send out a search party...lol
Old 01-13-2004, 01:15 AM   #14  

Hi All!

Glad to see that everyone seems to be doing well right now. Lorraine, good luck with WW ... I keep thinking about joining myself, but it's such a hassle to get there as there's no parking, so it would mean relying on public transport, then there's the cost of joining and the weekly fees which are quite outrageous here in HK. Perhaps I'll just plod on a bit longer and see how I go trying to do it alone ... not very successful to date I know but I'm not giving in!! One day something will click ... I just hope it's sooner rather than later!

I'm going through a phase right now of not knowing what kind of plan to follow Sometimes I think calorie counting is the most suitable for me, then another time it's low carb, then another time it's pure healthy eating and no 'diet' words ... I'm just so confused ... Oh how I wish I could have someone to come and cook all my meals and put it in front of me ... then all I'd have to do is eat it ... no hassle counting out the cals, or the grams of fat, or the carbs etc! Damn, why is it all so tedious?!

Two weeks into the New Year and I'm still nowhere near starting a diet properly ... I'm going into panic mode ... Looks like some friends of ours from the UK will be coming to stay with us during the summer hols My friend will be 42 in July ... she has the body of any 18 year old ... slim, firm, fit and very sexy!! How the **** can I possibly look forward to them coming when I have THAT BODY to compare myself with?!! God, it makes me feel so miserable just thinking about it Now I know deep down that if I could finally make a start, I could realistically be at my final goal by the time they come ... so someone tell me what my problem is ... anyone????

Nichola
Old 01-13-2004, 10:25 AM   #15  

Nichola- hmmm, well the best i can say is take one day at a time and don't let one day affect the other. So what I am saying is just for today try to stay on program, then try 1 more day, and another and so on, but if you screw one day up don't beat yourself up, just plan the next one and stick to it. Well, I hope that helps. I know I have stopped beating myself up for bad days and its helped me stick to my program longer. Before I would always just quit if I had a bad day or two, now I just move on...that mentality has helped me not gain it back and if anything I pretty much maintained, except the 2.5 lbs I gained during the holidays, but even that if you think about its not too bad.

Hope everyone else is doing ok...take care