3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Desperately Need a Diet Buddy #20 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/34664-desperately-need-diet-buddy-20-a.html)

Ilene 07-17-2004 10:29 AM

Hi Chris :wave:

There is a Body for Life forum in the General Diets section http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42844

If you are into weight training there is Ladies and Gents Who Lift, most of us in that forum have done/still do BFL or something similar... But we are here or there to have fun and help each other...

Please join anywhere on 3FC where you feel the most comfortable...

NicoleNYC 07-17-2004 10:51 AM

THREE YEARS??? :dizzy:

WOW!!! :hb:

Welcome Chris! Personally, Body For Life just seems impractical for me. I don't know tons about it but it just seems like BFL would take over my life and eventually, just be too consuming for me to keep up. I like WW because it's not my WHOLE life, but it works. If you are an all or nothing person, maybe BFL would work for you. It would set the bar too high for me. I know I'm never going to work out THAT much and restrict my food to that extent, and I don't want to. But that's me.

As for the self-defeating thing - sometimes it helps to know why you do things, and sometimes you just have to get around the things you do. We ALL have self-defeating bahaviors or we wouldn't be over-weight. I can spend the rest of my life trying to figure out why, or I can set some limits and try to keep myself from behaving that way. As I am not that introspective, I'm far more likely to change my behaviors and form new habits than I am to delve into my psche and try to figure me out.

Good luck in whatever you try, and welcome to our little group. We've been together for three years (really??? three???) and there are some great girls here!

Brandy

P.S. Exactly two months till I go on vaca - let's see how much weight one girl can lose in a two month panic diet :lol:

britjo67 07-17-2004 12:23 PM

Yep, three whole years!!! :cool:

I joined 3fc in May 2001, and my first every post was the start of a thread called 'Desperately Need a Diet Buddy' :D

Funny how time flies!!!! :sunny:

Brandy, is your vacation down to stay with family???

NicoleNYC 07-17-2004 10:12 PM

I can't believe it's been three years! WOW!

We have rented a house in Fla on the beach (we went there a few years ago) and we'll be having family stay with us. It was soooo much fun last time and we've really been looking forward to. And our dog likes the beach too! This is sort of my Christmas gift from my husband. He got a new fancy schmancy laptop and all I could think of was VACATION. So yes, my Christmas gift is coming like nine months late. Hee.

B

RaffaellaBella 07-18-2004 12:03 PM

Welcome Chris! I'm following the South Beach Diet which is a "good fats, good carbs" diet. So that may be an option for you.

Jo - It's been 3 years for me as well and I can't believe it. Next year we should have a 4 year reunion!

Nicole - I PMd you to get a recipe that I'm dieing for.

Talk to you soon.

britjo67 07-20-2004 12:32 PM

Wow, nearly off the front page.

Hope you all had a good weekend.

I'm just about to go to my first weigh-in <gulp>. TOM too, so I'm sure I'll be disappointed with the loss even though I've been rigid in sticking to my points.

I'll let you know how I get on.... :^:

RaffaellaBella 07-22-2004 11:49 AM

Jo- how did the weigh-in go? I'm down a lb today. Wish it were more.

Did Brandy go away yet?

NicoleNYC 07-22-2004 01:02 PM

Hi guys! Once again, my weight is stuck. Oh well. TOM and all, maybe I'll have a big woosh coming up. Congrats to all you losers - I'm happy for you, but also a little envious :p

Jo, good luck on the weigh in. Thinking thin for ya!

Not on vacation yet - still several weeks to go. I keep telling myself this is a GOOD thing as it won't hurt to lose a few more lbs. I'd like to make another trip home between now and then - my best friend has just had her second kid and if I don't get in there with the good gifts early, I could lose my favorite fake aunt status!

B

britjo67 07-22-2004 02:01 PM

Well, as you can see from my sig, I only lost a pound.

I was really disappointed with that, I've stuck rigidly to the plan, been totally good and only lose a pound in the first week.

In the past I could always count on losing 4-7 pounds in the first week. Although the leader did say that with my liver not working properly that can slow my metabolism down, which might make it harder for me to lose.

I'm not giving up though. A pound is better than no pounds, or pounds gained.

RaffaellaBella 07-23-2004 11:05 PM

Jo - Any loss is worth the effort. Just think, a lb is 4 sticks of butter (I don't know about the UK). If you look at it that way then it seems like alot.

As for me, I was binging today. Went off my foodplan today because of T.O.M. and didn't stop eating till 8pm. Good God! I thought I was going to explode. Now I feel physically sick. :( I've been following my food plan for exactly 3 weeks and this was my first, and hopefully, last slip.

britjo67 07-26-2004 08:33 AM

Hey!

Where'd everybody go?????? :shrug:

I had a busy weekend......decorating the hallway, and moving the furniture round in Natty's room so we could put up a computer desk and give her our old pc (NOT connected to the internet....mean parents!!!)

Been sticking to the plan and am fairly confident of having actually lost a decent amount this week now TOM has passed.

Hope you're all ok.
Jo :grouphug:

NicoleNYC 07-26-2004 08:44 AM

Hi all! Another casualty of PMS/TOM here - no loss, totally stuck!

Jo, SMART parents! I'm always surprised when people give their kids net access with no supervision. Scary!!! And congrats on your lb! Fingers crossed for this week.

Raff, had my own bingy day (seriously, if I were telling tales - which I am not - I would own up and say Entemans might have been involved). Am now trying to pick up and move foward while pretending the whole thing never happened. Maybe denial can work in my favor for once.

Anyway, new day - new week. New start.

B

britjo67 07-26-2004 10:20 AM

Yes, have to confess to having been swayed by Entemans more than once.....ooooh their Raspberry Danish...ooooh and the carrot cake..... :hun: I better stop, it's weigh-in tomorrow!!! :D

Brandy, she thinks we're awful for not letting her have access in her bedroom (but when she told me about one of her friends showing her a site called RateMyPoo...I seriously felt vindicated!!!) If they want or need the internet, then they use MY computer, in the dining room where I can see what they're doing.

I've known so many people who have given their kids unrestricted internet access....one of whom the girl ran away at 12 to meet up with a 25 year old she met in a chat room...and the parents still couldn't see where they'd gone wrong when social services were involved and the police confiscated their pc. Utter madness.

Right I really must go and do some housework. It's nearly 3:30pm and I've been threatening to do housework all day.... :^:

Jo

RaffaellaBella 07-26-2004 07:03 PM

PMSing here too. Cravings like you wouldn't ba-leave! I was doing so well on my foodplan and now PMS had got me wanting all kinds of weird things.

Fat in Hong Kong 07-26-2004 08:35 PM

Alive & Kicking

Hi Ladies,

Sorry I've been MIA for so long (since 11 June to be exact!) ... Had a virus on the computer, and with everything else that's been going on, school hols, going on vacation, etc, it's taken us until now to get it sorted ... a computer guy came yesterday and spent 5 hours sorting out all the problems that we had with our pc! I've been having withdrawl symptons ... felt like my life-line had been cut!!

Anyway, it's great to see so many of you posting again ... for a long while it was only Brandy and myself ... we were getting a little lonely!

Can't possibly go back and read all the posts that I've missed in great detail ... it would take me until Chirstmas! ... Although I have had a quick scan through them ... Well done to anyone who's lost and welcome to any newbies :wave:

Just a quick update ... I've now been on vacation ... we ended up going to Thailand ... had a lovely relaxing break ... ate too much ... drank too much ... gained lbs!! Managed to be fairly sensible since I've been back though and got down to what I was before I went, so I'm pleased about that. I've got relatives arriving from the UK this afternoon ... my mom's two younger sisters and one of their sons, who's the same age as Tom (15) ... I get on really well with them so I know we're all going to have a great time ... of course it means that it's going to be about 3 weeks that I'll be 'off plan', but I will try to be sensible and go straight back to WW when they leave.

Probably going to be pretty busy of the next couple of weeks with the visitors, but I will post whenever I get chance.

It's good to be back ... I've missed you all!! :) :grouphug:

Nichola :D

britjo67 07-29-2004 04:34 AM

Glad you're back now Nichola.
We had a trojan last week on our computer and although we got rid of it, the pc hasn't been the same since. :mad:

Well, I lost another 2 pounds this week....although yet again I'm disappointed. Had my weigh-in been two days earlier I would have been 4lbs down....and I was really good in those two days so I've no idea why it went upwards again. Grrrrrrrr.

Right off to tidy the house, got two internet buddies coming over the weekend...one Saturday (who has become a family friend since we first met), and one Sunday (heading home to Scotland from a vacation in SW England).

Fat in Hong Kong 07-29-2004 11:24 PM

Jo, congrats on the 2lbs loss, that's great so don't be disappointed that it wasn't more ... we all know how much our weight fluctuates throughout a week, so best just to weigh once a week (says she who has been on the scales everyday this week so far!! :o

Have fun with your friends this weekend ... I'm already exhausted with having my visitors here since Tuesday ... Can't seem to get them to go to bed until around 3am!!! ... having difficulty keeping up with them ... I can manage one late night a week but then I'm exhausted for the rest of week and need to recover!! Then the problem is that they're not getting up till really late and wonder what they're still tired ... they blame it on jetlag!!!

Oh well, I think I'll go back to bed for another hour to see if I feel any better!! :tired:

Nichola

RaffaellaBella 07-30-2004 07:37 AM

Welcome back Nichola!

Congrats on the loss Jo.

I'm still here working the South Beach diet. Getting tired of it, but every time I want to stop I ask myself what the alternative would be.

NicoleNYC 08-02-2004 10:09 PM

Very short message: am still doing WW. Struggling for about a week, fine now. I hope. Fingers crossed. Hi all and will catch up soon!

B

Fat in Hong Kong 08-09-2004 08:58 PM

I'm Back!!

Hi Girls,

Visitors went back to the UK last night and I've started back on my WW plan straight away. I've had a mammouth month ... nearly 2 weeks on hols and then 2 weeks with visitors eating out every single day!! Boy have I chucked away some food!! I thought I could eat, but seeing how much my visitors ate, I realise just why they are so much more overweight than I am ... I don't want to go there!! Weighed in today and have gained 3.5lbs since my last WW weigh in, so not quite as bad as I had expected ... PHEW!! :o Visitors have also gone home to start WW again and will be emailing me regularly so that we can all try to keep each other motivated.

Had an email from friends a few days ago who were hoping to visit us in October, but they are now unable to come and are planning a longer trip next summer instead ... PHEW (again!)!! ... My friend has such a fantastic body that, quite honestly, I was dreading them visiting looking the way I do, which I know is an awful, selfish thing to say! Anyway, I'm determined not to look this way when they eventually come ... I know it's a long way off, but I also know that by they time they do come, I'll be down to my goal ... and this time I really do mean it!! ... No more messing around!

Hope everyone else is doing ok :)

Speak again soon.

Nichola :wave:

NicoleNYC 08-11-2004 10:39 AM

Hi! Glad you guys had a good visit!

Still plugging away with WW here. Haven't made much progress (ok, any at all) but have not really been pushing either. Am now back to working a little harder and hope to have good results to report soon!

B

RaffaellaBella 08-11-2004 09:08 PM

Hi All! I'm still here too. Doing the South Beach thing. What a b*itch! A few times here and there that I went off for the day I already feel like I'm gaining weight back.

Fat in Hong Kong 08-12-2004 01:10 AM

Hi Girls,

Glad to hear you are both still plugging away at your plans ... Brandy, I'm with you all the way with the WW ... Raff, what's the SB diet like, is it similar to the Atkins plan? How long have you been on the SB?

Well, I've been ok so far this week, although it's taken a bit of getting used to, counting all my points again etc. Went over my points a wee bit last night due to having wine with dinner ... I blame Nick for this!! But it was the first time in about 3 weeks that we have actually sat down together over dinner and talked to each other, so it was nice to relax over a bottle (or 2!! :o ) ... Will cut down a little today to make up it!

I still have almost 2 weeks left of the school summer hols until I have to return to work on 25 August ... I can't believe that I'm actually looking forward to going back to work. I need to get back into some sort of routine ... I'm sure it will help with my diet. I've already planned out my meals etc. I'm going to take cereal for my brekkie as I don't have time to eat it at home in the mornings before I go to work ... at breaktime I'm taking a fruit salad ... and I will take a healthy packed lunch, either sandwich or salad. Last term I never bothered taking any lunch as I only work until 1.20pm, but always found that I was ravenous by the time I got home at around 1.40pm, and always grabbed the first thing that came to hand ... usually not a very healthy option!! We have a 20mins break at 12.15 for lunch, which is a little early, but I think it will be better to have something then and maybe a healthy snack later in the afternoon when I'm at home. That's the plan anyway ... hope it works!!

Keep up the work everyone! :)

Nichola

britjo67 08-12-2004 02:23 AM

Hiya,

I'm still plugging away on WW. Felt I was doing well, but TOM hit the night before weigh-in this week, and where I'd lost 4.5 lbs in two weeks, I gained 3lbs overnight, and officially only lost 1.5 in two weeks. What a pain!!!!

Nichola it really makes sense to take lunch with you and eat early. If I go over my time to eat I raid the kitchen...usually for excessive amounts of chocolate as to me its always been a fast fix when I'm ravenous. The thing is, I never enjoy chocolate if I eat it fast, so I don't feel happy for having eaten it and had no enjoyment.

On the everyday newsy stuff....Dom has his first ice hockey match on Saturday and I'm going to miss it. :( I feel so guilty about it, because while he's playing for the first time ever, I'm going to be in the hairdressers having my roots done. Under normal circumstances, I'd have cancelled the hair appt, but I have two inches of roots and more importantly I start two weeks work experience in a law firm on Monday and if there's a chance that they might want to offer me a training contract when I graduate in 2006, I need to make a good impression. Looking like a skunk won't do it!!! :dizzy:

Anyway, must dash....taking the kids to see Thunderbirds at the movies this morning so I need to be organised.

Take care
Jo

RaffaellaBella 08-12-2004 06:44 AM

Southbeach is a good carbs, good fat diet. Atkins has changed since the last time I did it so I can't compare the too. I like the South Beach diet except that if you go off it too much you put back weight very quickly.

Fat in Hong Kong 08-13-2004 05:00 AM

Jo, sorry to hear about the gain, but don't let it get you down, it's bound to be water retention due to TOM. Carry on with the WW plan and I'm sure you'll have a loss next week. Easy for me to say I know, but we all know how much our bodies change from day to day, or week to week. So we really should look at the overall picture and not just at the present week ... does that make sense to anyone :?: :dizzy: ... I know what I'm trying to say anyway! :lol: Good luck to Dom on Saturday and good luck with your work experience next week ... you must be really excited! :goodluck:

Well, I hope everyone has a great weekend :)

'Speak' again soon. :comp:

Nichola

Fat in Hong Kong 08-16-2004 11:53 PM

Hi Girls,

Hope everyone had a good weekend and you're all managing to stay on plan??

Weighed-in today and have lost 2lbs :) The annoying thing is though, that I've hopped on the scales a few times during the week (I know, I know, I shouldn't have done that!) and two or three times the scales have said 171lbs, but today they say 173lbs :rolleyes: ... That'll teach me a lesson to practice what I preach and only get weighed once a week!! Anyway, 2lbs is better than no lbs, right? So I'll be happy with my loss and make sure that I don't WI again until next Tuesday!!

Have a great week! :)

Nichola

NicoleNYC 08-17-2004 09:58 PM

ACK :stress:

PMS :censored:

MISERABLE :hot:

Up millions of pounds, MILLIONS!!!

Hope to be back to my normally charming self soon.

Fat in Hong Kong 08-18-2004 10:20 PM

Brandy, hope you're feeling a bit better today ... it's so unfair isn't it that we girls have to suffer like this every month ... men just don't know how darn lucky they are!! :mad: I wished that just once they could all have a TOM, just so that they know what we have to put up with ... there again, the world would probably come to a complete standstill, so better be careful what we wish for, eh?!! :lol:

Had an email from my relatives in UK last night ... they have both joined WW, so we are now all in competition to see who loses the first stone (14lbs) ... I'm going to have to try really hard as I know that when they both put their minds to it, they lose really quickly in the first few weeks of a diet, where as I tend to struggle after the first week!! ... As if you didn't already know!! :o

Nichola

NicoleNYC 08-19-2004 06:44 PM

Thanks for the sympathy. As men don't have to directly suffer the misery of PMS, I do my part to share the "love" by being so miserable that my husband ends up miserable too. And not even on purpose. I'm just that miserable to be around. I'm such a whiner!

Good luck with your contest!!! I'm sure you can do it - the advantage you have is you already know how to work the program. Remember how easy it is to misjudge and run out of points in the first few weeks! You have the know-how behind you! Good luck!!!

B

RaffaellaBella 08-22-2004 09:15 PM

Yes. PMS. I almost threw a can of crushed tomatoes at a huge trackertrailer that was trying to cut me off the highway yesterday :lol: That's what PMS can do.

I'm okay otherwise. Took a little break from South Beach. Am starting to realize that there will never be a diet that I will like. I just have to accept the fact that I can't eat the way I wan't, when I want and expect to lose weight and keep it off.

Fat in Hong Kong 08-22-2004 10:33 PM

Brandy, thanks for the encouragement ... I only wished that I felt as confident as you that I can do it!! From Monday to Thursday last week I was really, really good, but as soon as Friday arrived everything went pear-shaped!! Just can't seem to stay in control at the weekends no matter how hard I try ... well, if I'm honest, I didn't really try!! :mad: What the **** is it with me that makes me go so out of control at weekends?!! With four good days and three really, really bad day, I don't expect to make much progress! Note to self: MUST TRY HARDER AT WEEKENDS!!!

Raff, I hear what your saying, and I think it's something that we all need to accept. All these years of trying to lose weight, you'd think that I'd have got the message by now that going out of control at weekends and eating/drinking whatever I want, isn't going to help me lose weight :( I keep trying to tell myself that I'm not "on a diet", that I just have to change my attitude and my relationship with food. It's like I've got some sort of obsession with it and it's about time that I got it under control. Anyway, I don't hold out much hope of a loss at this weeks WI, but I am going to try my hardest not to lose control again at the weekend ... it's only FOOD for goodness sake!! It's not like someone's holding a gun to my head and force feeding me!! I will not let it get the better of me!!

Nichola

Fat in Hong Kong 08-25-2004 03:52 AM

Weighed in yesterday and have lost another pound ... could have been better (or worse as the case may be!!)! I really must try to keep on track this week ... the slightest little thing seems to throw me off the rails ... like last night!! The kids had spaghetti bolognese for dinner, which I love, and I had prepared a salad with chicken for Nick and myself ... very good you may think ... but no! ... Sophie has a VERY small appetite (not like her mother!) and left half of her spag bol ... no prizes for guessing what happened to the left overs!! :mad: Consequently this took me over my points as I had the stupid mentality to think 'oh well, I've blown it now, I might as well have some of those cookies!' ... which of course I did!!

Trying hard to keep on track right now though. Went back to work today after two long months of school summer hols ... It was hard getting up this morning! Hopefully, being back at work will help with diet :^:

Nichola

ecchs 08-25-2004 05:33 PM

Hi guys! I haven't deserted you all, even if it seems like it. I'm so freakin' busy with moving and work right now, that I'm going bonkers. Not even thinking about diet. Will start up once we get to the new house. It's fantastic and I'm totally stoked about it. I'll send pics when I get settled!

Lorraine

Fat in Hong Kong 08-26-2004 03:31 AM

Lorraine, just to say ... Hope the move goes well! :)

It's not been a good day today ... really busy at work trying to get the classroom ready for the kids to start back to school on Monday ... been so busy that I forgot to eat my lunch, which I had taken great care over preparing last night to take to work (all points calculated!) ... came home and forgot that I'd left it in the fridge at school so ended up grabbing things that I shouldn't have because by the time I got home I was ravenous!! Hope I'll do better when we get back into a normal routine on Monday :^:

Nichola

Fat in Hong Kong 08-30-2004 03:41 AM

How's everyone doing? ... Better than me I hope!! The past week has been a total right off as far as my diet is concerned ... I've been sooooo bad!! :mad: What with starting back to work on Wednesday and my kids still being at home until Thursday when their school re-opens ... I just haven't been able to get into a 'normal' routine. Hope this week is a better one! :o

Nichola

britjo67 08-30-2004 04:23 AM

Can't stop long. Spent the last two weeks working in a law firm, which was fun and challenging....and they'd like me to provide emergency secretarial cover during term time, as the lawyer liked my attention to detail.

Tomorrow, Wednesday and the following Monday I have the exams I missed in January when I was ill, so I'm cramming like mad.

Still losing, very slowly though, it works out to 7.5lbs in 7 weeks I think...although this week I won't have lost any as I've been stressing over the exams.

Talk soon
Love
Jo

Fat in Hong Kong 08-30-2004 06:00 AM

Jo, glad you enjoyed your work experience at the law firm :) Good luck with your exams! :crossed:

Nichola

britjo67 08-31-2004 05:13 PM

Just a quickie in between exams. First exam was awful but with luck and a prevailing wind I will have scraped a pass.

Went to WW tonight and GOD KNOWS HOW...but I've actually lost 1.5 pounds this week!!!

RaffaellaBella 08-31-2004 10:06 PM

Hey all! Just a quick note to say Hi and good luck to everyone in the endeavors, whether it be weight loss or exams!

Love,
Raff