3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Desperately Need a Diet Buddy #20 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/34664-desperately-need-diet-buddy-20-a.html)

RaffaellaBella 06-21-2004 11:36 AM

AAAAAAAAACK! (as Bill the Cat would say) PMS is a *****. Two weeks before my period comes I become bloated, *****y, and hungry. Not cravings but hunger, as if I'm ready to rassle a bull with my bare hands for dinner.
Which is why I was thinking of going on the seasonal pill. Gives you a period only four times a year. But, I'm a little paranoid that my PMS will be triple or quadruply worse. Go figure.

NicoleNYC 06-21-2004 01:19 PM

I'm the same way - not munchy but I could eat small pieces of furniture if I had too. Ugh. It's a joy, this being a girl business, isn't it?

ecchs 06-22-2004 03:30 PM

Hey guys! Just a quick post to give you all some motivation....

I've been using this list for the past two weeks and it has really helped. I've been looking at losing ONLY one pound a week. That is my expectation and I look ahead to see where I'll be. For example:

1 pound down by my Wedding Anniversary
4 pounds down by my camping trip
11 pounds down by Erik's first day of preschool
19 pounds down byt my 31st Birthday
26 pounds down by Christmas
32 pounds down by Valentine's Day 2005
42 pounds down by Erik's 4th Birthday
54 pounds down by our 5th Wedding Anniversary Dive Trip and in ONEderland!
72 pounds lost by my 32nd Birthday
80 pounds lost and at GOAL by January 1st, 2006

Taking things one pound at a time really helped me see how easy it could be, and how silly it is for me to get disappointed if I ONLY lose one pound. Now I get excited! And if it's MORE than one pound, then I am delighted! And if it's ONE pound, I'm thrilled.

Lorraine

RaffaellaBella 06-23-2004 12:11 AM

Lorraine - That is excellent! What a wonderful idea.

NicoleNYC 06-23-2004 10:38 AM

Super!

And Happy Anniv!

B

RaffaellaBella 06-25-2004 12:27 AM

Okay. It's been decided. I am no longer going to put my losses on my signature because I lose 5 and gain 3 then lose another 2, and it's driving me nuts. So I've decided to put my start weight (and I hope to keep that the same), my goal weight, and when I reach my goal.

NicoleNYC 06-25-2004 10:10 AM

I totally get that. I have bobbled up and down around the same 1.5 pounds for weeks now. Just changing the numbers makes me feel like an ***. Ugh. I've got to sort out my sig.

RaffaellaBella 06-25-2004 02:21 PM

IMMEDIATE RESPONSE REQUIRED! HELP!

I'm considering going on the South Beach Diet and I'm probably going to "dive" into it tomorrow. What do you all think about it for long term maintenance?

I'm concerned because I don't want to do a week or so and then give up and gain double weight back.

Let me know how you feel about this ASAP because I have been known to make rash decisions. :lol:

Love,
Raff

ecchs 06-25-2004 11:23 PM

It seems relatively sound to me Raff. I haven't seen all the details on the maintenance phase, but I think it would work for someone that needs no temptation at first, and the slowly ads back in things that work for her.

My $0.02.

Lorraine

RaffaellaBella 06-29-2004 12:39 AM

Day 2 of South Beach

I've just finished my second day of South Beach and can't wait for these 2 weeks to go by so I can have a cup of cereal. I need something that sticks to my ribs! :lol:

Whoever said protein fills you up was full of it because I am staaaaaaaaaaaaaarving.

NicoleNYC 06-30-2004 01:42 PM

Ok, stupid question allert - you did read the book, right?

Ok, now that's out of the way...protein is usually really filling. Maybe you need to just eat more?

Haven't read South Beach but from what I can tell, it's like starting Atkins several weeks in - mostly whole foods. Which is always ALWAYS a good idea. So good luck!

I'm still floundering at 240...240...240. I am totally stuck!

B

RaffaellaBella 07-01-2004 12:54 AM

Brandy - You must know me very well. It is like me to start a diet without reading the book but, I ACTUALLY read the book from cover to cover.

I've been filling up on a lot of cheese, hummus, cold-cuts, fish and buffalo. Yes, that's correct - buffalo.

I did lose 5.5lbs in 4 days so it must be working.

Are you still doing WW?

NicoleNYC 07-03-2004 01:00 PM

I swear I posted to this! Where is it??? Congrats AGAIn on your 5.5. Even I would consider eating buffalo for 5.5 in 4 days.

Mark and I have been WWing together since last Sat. He's had like 35 - 37 points every day, I have like 15 Flex leftover - more than I've EVER had leftover. He's lost 4 or 5 pounds, I'm still bouncing up and down 240 - 241. ACK!!! Oh well, when I get past this, maybe I'll have that woosh! that comes after a stall. Cross your fingers for me.

Good diet vibest to all - come check in!

B

RaffaellaBella 07-03-2004 11:24 PM

Brandy - have you spoken to your meeting rep about this? Maybe they could help you figure out why your staying the same. I remember from WW that if you stay under your points or don't use your flexpoints you won't lose. Maybe that's it?

I was very dizzy today because I didn't eat enough. So I passed out on the bed at 5pm and woke up at 9:30 and had some dinner. This is my problem, I'm not "jazzed" about animal protein and veggies so I don't eat enough of them. I have got to start balancing my food otherwise I won't lose and will pass out! :dizzy:

NicoleNYC 07-04-2004 04:49 PM

Raff - I need to make some changes because you know, you get used to one thing, your body gets wise to you. I have a really bad habit of getting in a food rut and having the exact same thing or things for days on end. Sometimes weeks. I have also been neglecting the dairy big time and living on small quantites of thai peanut noodles (read: little salt bombs, my habit of the moment. No kidding, my journal for days at time looks like - peanut noodles, peanut noodles, strawberry bubble smoothie, peanut noodles). So while it's irritating to be stuck, it's also probably - now that I've looked at my journals - not the mystery I thought it was.

Now as to you - if you're not into animal protein (I'm not either, I can't remember the last time I had actual meat of any kind) and veggies, does SB give some kind of veggie alternative? Have you tried any of the soy products? I LOVE the Morningstar Farms products! Everything we've tried has been really good. Except the bacon and frankly, we were idiots to try that. I mean, you can look at the picture and tell even my dog wouldn't be fooled by that. It looked like bacon shaped gum. Hee.

So, you - eat! No passing out!

Me - lay off the peanut noodles! No more sodium bombs!

Everyone else - post! No more leaving us hanging!

B

RaffaellaBella 07-04-2004 11:12 PM

Brandy - I can be that way also, eating the same foods till I'm sick of them.
You had me peeing my pants with the "little salt bombs"! For me it's been: cheese and hummus, cheese and hummus.

I do have to look into the veggie side of SB because as I said I'm not crazy about eggs, meat, fish and veggies, which besides cheese is what I should be eating.

NicoleNYC 07-05-2004 08:43 AM

Also not a fan of eggs, meat, or fish. Do love my veggies (I'm big into roasting them now which takes next to zero effort on my part, which is probably why I like it). I could totally have a cheese and hummus moment. Totally. I heart hummus in a way that just can't be good. Of course, I want it with toasted pita bread and a big honkin' side of stuffed grape leaves. All the stink you can get, essentially.

Still not 239. STILL. ACK! I swear, today I will do better. I will get the dairy I'm supposed to have. I will not eat any little salt bombs. I may even exercise. Maybe.

B

NicoleNYC 07-06-2004 09:48 AM

Ok, so I still have .5 to go before I hit my stinkin' 10% but this am, I have finally seen the 230s :love: the very upper reaches of the 230s, but still!!! Am thrilled :flow1:

RaffaellaBella 07-06-2004 11:54 AM

Good for you Brandy! I'll be sending my positive vibes your way.

I don't want to get into the whole South Beach thing right now because I'm pist! :lol: P-I-S-T Pist!

NicoleNYC 07-06-2004 02:15 PM

Oh my! Well when ya simmer down, lemme know. I don't know if I can help, but venting is welcome! That's what we're here for!

B

NicoleNYC 07-07-2004 10:20 AM

Congratulate me girls! It's official - I met my 10% (I was so close, I snuck an extra weigh in - ok, a few) and I'm actuall one pound under!!! YAY!

So next 10%, here I come!

RaffaellaBella 07-07-2004 10:58 AM

YOU GO GIRL! :bravo: :cb: :dance: :wizard: :balloons: :encore: :goodluck:

And when I've calmed down I'll tell you about the whole South Beach thing.

NicoleNYC 07-07-2004 11:50 AM

Thanks! I'm so excited.

Wow, if you're still steamin' - this must've been some BIG SB thing.

Have a great day!

RaffaellaBella 07-07-2004 04:08 PM

Okay. I didn't want to get into it again, but here goes:

I started SB the Sun before last and did everything I was supposed to. No sugar, flour, or anything with that. Well, I got confused as to how much I weighed and how much I lost after 4 days, which turned out to be 3lbs. A day or so later I felt heavier. Got on the scale last Sun and I was down only 1lb.

What kind of crap is that? I was soooooooooooo frustrated because to not eat carbs for me is a BIG achievement and struggle so I wanted to lose the f'n 5-7lbs everyone else does.

So now, as of today I have started Phase 1 again and this time I am going to pay close attention to what goes in my mouth and journal my food. A fellow SBeacher online is going to review my journal at the end of the week.

ecchs 07-07-2004 11:45 PM

Hey Ladies...sorry I've been MIA for so long. Hit a wall, but then found a ladder and climbed over, so I'm back on track. Just have a moment for a quick "Hi!" and a congrats to you both for your hard work and perseverance. GO team GO!

Lorraine

NicoleNYC 07-09-2004 10:23 AM

Raff, sucks that your first week was a bit off, but it's very smart to have someone else look over your journals!

Lorraine, glad to have you back with us!

I'm still plugging away!

B

NicoleNYC 07-12-2004 09:11 PM

Ok guys, I have ten weeks (TEN!!!) before I go on vacation (and change, so like ten weeks and a few days) and I have GOT to lose AS MUCH WEIGHT AS POSSIBLE. Please be my Ten Week Countdown Buddies? And kick my *** when I slack, ok?

RaffaellaBella 07-13-2004 01:11 AM

Okay! My foot is winding up right now as I speak. :D You can do it. And if, for some reason you don't, you must remember that you have already lost a significant amount of weight.

Where are you going you lucky stiff? I'm going to PM my home address to you so you can send me a postcard.

NicoleNYC 07-13-2004 10:43 AM

Thank you, but please let fly with the kicks anyway. Honest, I will be thrilled with myself if I just stay on plan this whole time!

We're going back to this place we love in Florida. We rent a big house for a week just after the kids go back to school (so we end up not having to share the beach with anyone - hee!). Tons of balconies and a pool, right on the beach on a part of the island where the houses are well-spaced and right next to some kind of nature preserve or something. The dolphins are like RIGHT THERE ten feet from you in the water. We go with some of our family and friends and just hang out, drink, play games, and enjoy the view for eight days. I highly recommend it. We found it when we were looking for a rental that would allow us to bring our dog. He likes the beach now too. It's not terribly exciting but we love it for just that reason. I will try to send you a postcard (assuming I ever leave the house, last time I was just beach - poop - house - beach - house - pool - house - beach...). If nothing else, I'll take a pic and write on the back. Hee.

B

RaffaellaBella 07-13-2004 03:28 PM

That sounds wonderful! I love dolphins and read in a magazine that there is a place in FL called Discovery Cove (I think) where you can snorkel with dolphins. Of course, the dolphins won't be snorkeling, just us. :lol:

britjo67 07-15-2004 07:14 AM

;)

Guess the prodigal sister has finally returned :D

After months in the wilderness, and a doctor telling me if I didn't lose weight I'd be on insulin in a year and dead in 10....I joined (or is that re-re-re-re-re-re-re-joined) WW :eek:

I'm actually really excited about it. The leader is South African and really awe-inspiring. I've also made a commitment to myself that this is for life. When I reach my goal I'm going to stay committed to WW, otherwise I'll give in again and end up back in the same place.

Things are fine here. I've just completed my second year at uni (apart from the missed exams from when I was ill in January)....once I sit my missed exams next month I'll be ready to start my final year of the degree.

The kids are growing up fast. Natty is 10 (going on 25), and changing shape much faster than her parents are ready for!!!! :nono: I think somehow she's going to be blessed with a cleavage like her Mom's! ;)

Dom is nearly nine now, and mad about ice hockey (no idea how that happened!!! :D ). He plays for an under 10 team and has Alan driving 50 mile round trips to the ice rink four times a week!!!

Anyway, I'm here, and gosh, I've really missed you all

:grouphug:

Love
Jo xxx

britjo67 07-15-2004 07:46 AM

OMG :yikes:

CONGRATULATIONS BRANDY!!!!! I've just noticed you reached your 10%!!!!! Well done hon, I'm so proud of you!!!

:cheer: :bravo: :cp: :cheer:

NicoleNYC 07-15-2004 09:19 AM

Jo! Hi!!! Glad to have you back. And another WW buddy, super! Thanks for all the updates and again, soooooo glad to have you back! You start weight is where I am NOW so I guess we'll be working towards that next 10% together. COOL!

B

britjo67 07-15-2004 11:28 AM

It's good to be back. I'll just have to make sure it's for good this time! :dizzy:

RaffaellaBella 07-15-2004 11:41 AM

Welcome back Jo! :wave:

Ptboxer 07-16-2004 04:19 PM

Is this an open thread or can anyone join? I am in desparate need of support in my need to lose weight. I defeat myself and need someone to talk to.

britjo67 07-16-2004 04:24 PM

Hi PT

This is a great thread and anyone can join. Some of us have been together since the first thread, #1, which I started three years ago :yikes:

As you can see, sometimes the downs cancel out the ups, but we have had some incredible success stories over the years, and while it may seem a hard road, we've always had hope, and encouragement on this thread.

In fact, I've drifted by the wayside more than once, when life became too much, but I'm back and positive.

You're more than welcome to stick around, and we'll encourage you as much as we can.

Jo

Ptboxer 07-16-2004 04:45 PM

Desparately Need a Diet Buddy

Thank you Jo. I have been in a long time struggle with my weight and struggle still to this day. Intellectually I know what works as I work in the fitness field, however, I can not motivate myself to complete any type of program or even begin. I have even gone to the point of trying hypnosis. I guess my sub-conscious overpowers my conscious because I self defeat. Does anyone have any suggestions. :?:

RaffaellaBella 07-16-2004 11:21 PM

Welcome Chris!

Ptboxer 07-17-2004 09:19 AM

Diet Buddy

I guess the way I need to begin is to review various "proven" eating plans. I know that Weight Watchers is highly recommended by the FDA. I feel that since I am quite active I need my carbs so that eliminates Atkins, plus I am not really into all of the high levels of protein since all of my family has high blood pressure, heart problems, etc. except me. I have looked at and heard good comments and results from Bill Phillips Body For Life eating program. Any input? Pros and Cons? Suggestions?