Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2003, 08:56 AM   #16  

Angry Good morning!

Hi Carri & Kathy! Good morning from very windy PA!!! Tell you feels like the whole house could blow away!!!!

The point system Kathy goes by your weight as to how many points you are allowed. And yes you should always eat at least your mini. amount of points. I have heard it is just as bad to not eat them as to go over. They have changed system ONCE AGAIN but alot of people are still following the other way but I am doing the new one where I am to eat 24 points and have 35 flexpoints I can use during the week.

Water that is going to be a good one for me too when I start back to work I won't have time to be running to the ladies room. So Carri how do you do it?

Michelle
Old 10-15-2003, 09:21 AM   #17  
It is what it is...

Default Morning

Hi Michelle and Kathy -

Well I ended up with 27.5 points last night, I didnt want to go over 27 but what are ya gonna do...I actually can go all the way up to 29 so I guess I didnt hurt anything...

Chicken Salad -
Can of chicken - 2.5 pts ( in the area where the canned tuna is )
Miracle Whip - you could use light , all I had was regular, I use
1-2 Tablespoons
Celery Salt
Pepper
garlic salt ( very little )
or whatever seasonings that you want...put on wheat bread and it is good, very filling for lunch.

I finished out dinner with probably some not so great choices since I used up alot of points with it but here it goes:
1/2 cup shredded bbq - 4 points
Big Bun - 4 points
Baked Potatoe - 3
Lite Sour Cream - 2

had late snack of Goldfish crackers - 4

So hey I just feel good about staying OP and away from the Pepsi...Man I love my pepsi!!!!!!!!!!!

Michelle - good start on the exercise ... my husband and I have been walking but it has been so cold here lately...very windy here too...I saw you just posted while I was.

Kathy - I wont explain this points system since Michelle has but I would highly recommend it

Okay lets all have an OP day!!!

Talk to ya later!!
Old 10-15-2003, 09:23 AM   #18  
It is what it is...

Water is a hard one...I am constantly drinking it and still sometimes do not get it all in...but I work at a desk all day at an insurance company - and I sit close to the bathroom, so I can go all day long if I need to, and I do.....

The flex points thing is confusing to me, do they knock down your original points some to add the 35 extra for the week?
Old 10-15-2003, 10:34 AM   #19  

Default hi

No they didn't knock your points down they just picked like the middle of your point range (I believe)! Then gave you 35 points to use as you please during the week. Plus you can eat your activity points if you want to. I try not to use my activity points or my flex points yet since I am not getting enough exercise in yet.

So what is on the lunch agenda today? I am going to have leftover casserole from last night and I have beef stew in the crockpot for dinner. I have a party tonight to go for Princess House so that ought to be my challenge for the day!!!

Happy drinking...........water that is!!!!!

Michelle
Old 10-15-2003, 10:49 AM   #20  
It is what it is...

lunch, hmmmmm that may be interesting because I dont have much in the house, I really need to go grocery shopping...but probably we're looking at turkey sandwich on wheat and some sort of fruit....I may have soup but the sodium in it is so horrible I can barely stand to eat it...maybe I will have to buy some low sodium types...
Turkey is great for lunch because it is like 1 point for 3-4 slices of the healthy choice or any low fat type...and then with the bread you have a whole sandwich for like 3 points....plus with me working lunchmeat is fast, I go home for lunch and so does my husband we both work about 5 mins from home ( at seperate places of course ) so that works out good for us...

Hey did we tell anything about eachother when we first posted?
I dont think so - I will start ( if I did tell you this tough I am going to repeat it, ha! )

I am a 30 year old woman, married to my high school sweet heart, our anniversary is Nov 6th and we will be married 10 years this year ( since we were babies, ha ) we have no children yet, but I have been trying to warm him up to the idea, clock it ticking girls! We live in Indiana, always have...I am close to all of my family, live about 30 mins away from all of them so we visit about every other weekend....my hobbies include reading books and photography...have a pet dog named Les, west highland white terrier, such a cutie and a pain in the butt....I didnt have a weight problem until I got married, I wore a 7/8 on my wedding day and then we go from there to now...size 20, ouch

Anyhow I think that is about it...I will check back after lunch'
Later girls...
Old 10-15-2003, 12:25 PM   #21  

Default Afternoon

Well I changed my plans I had to run an errand so I stopped at Subway and got a 6" veggie sub...gosh I love them. Then came home and had that and 15 ff pringles.

That is cool that you and your DH, Carrie, live so close to home that you can go home for lunch. When I start working I will be 15 minutes from home not worth driving home and back and only getting 1/2 hour at home then. So the turkey will do good for me when I start working I will pack it and stick to it while I work except for the water is going to be a problem.

Ok, I am 35 years young!!!! Married almost 17 years on November 29th is our anniversary. Yes to my High School sweetheart also Carrie! We have a 16 yo son who thinks he is going on 21........LOL!!! We have 2 cats both Himalyan's one is 4 years old and the father of the 6 month old. And they like your dog Carrie are a pain in the butt have to brush them constantly. My DH is an owner operator so he is normally gone during the week maybe stopping home once then off on weekends, so we don't see each other as much as we would like to. Our niece lives with us right now her husband is over in Iraq with the army so she needed somewhere to stay other then the base in Germany for now she didn't want to lone it.

Well I think that wraps up my BIO!!! LOL

Hope your lunch was good!!!

Michelle
Old 10-15-2003, 02:26 PM   #22  
It is what it is...

Michelle - it is funny to me how some people say "oh marriages with your high school sweetheart never work" or "marrying at such a young age will end in divorce" if anything I think that I have one of the best marriages out there....so "yeah to us!"
Ha!
I hope that your neice's husband makes it home safely...my husbands best friend just came back and he was soooooooooo
glad to be back....
I love Subway, love it....the 6 inch is so filling and not many points, how many is the veggie?
I was thinking about getting a holiday job for Nov property taxes and Christmas and there is a Walmart close to me....I would like to be around all of the Christmas things if I worked there...but I dont know the 40 hours I put in here about do me in so......

Ok this is what I have had to eat so far:

Breakfast:
Cold Cereal ( Fruit Loops - 3/4 C ) - 2 pts
Skim Milk - 1/2 C - 1 point

Lunch -
Lean Ham on Wheat with Mayo - 5 pts
Chips - 4 pts ( had regular, is all I had in house )
Water - 0 pts

Total so far: 12 pts, with 15 left for day....

Ok, later girls, have a great afternoon....Hi Kathy!!
Old 10-15-2003, 03:27 PM   #23  

Default HELLO!

Oh so true I have to sit laugh myself, our marriage is just as strong as it was when we first got married 17 years ago.......LOL!!!! And yes at first since we were married so young it was tough but we have come a long BABY!!!!!

I like the idea of the Walmart job because not only do I get paid to be around all the stuff but I get a 10% discount just in time for Christmas!!! WAHOO I went to the Super Walmart this afternoon and got some cool things they had FF cornbread mix 2 pts per piece Kruteaz makes it. And some kind of bar that Walmart makes it is peanut butter in the middle dipped in chocolate not sure how they taste but they are 3 pts each. Will let you know.

Ok here is what I have had so and my plan for this evening I am going to an open house Princess House party that my MIL is having and I won't eating anything there just sipping on a diet soda.

Breakfast
Oatmeal 3 pts
1/2 cup milk 1.5 pts

Lunch
6" veggie sub w/cheese 5 pts *without is 4 pts
15 ff pringles 1 pt

Dinner tonight is
Beef stew 5 pts
2 pces of cornbread 5 pts (comes to 5 instead of 4 in the builder for 2 pces HUH?)

So that is 20.5 points leaving 3.5 in case I am hungry later.

Oh forgot wanted to ask you what day you WI? I WI on Sundays just to keep myself in line on Friday night and Saturday.

Talk to you soon....Hi Kathy!

Michelle
Old 10-15-2003, 04:14 PM   #24  

Wink Trying it again

I am tyring this weight loss thing again. I am the mother of 2 boys and have been fighting the weight for 6 years. I am now 100 pounds overweight and am only 26. I have no support from my husband, who could stand to lose some weight himself. I think this is going to be my only source of support. I am glad I found this sight.
Old 10-15-2003, 05:00 PM   #25  
It is what it is...

Michelle, I usually weigh in on Friday morning, but if you want we can weigh in on Monday morning...I sometimes am bad about getting on the computer on the weekend, usually we are too busy but I will try and check in so that we can keep eachother on track....
Yeah I need to go to the grocery but probably wont go until next week, payday....so that I can get some foods that are lower in points and give me some different ideas...this is cool that we are on the same plan so we can share different low point ideas....
let me know how the FF cornbread turns out....butter is my only problem with that, I love butter...do you use any?
Well it is time for me to go home now so I probably wont check in till tomorrow morning...have a good evening and stay strong at the house party....later...

Ksmama24 - Hi, welcome, what plan are you going to start?

Talk to ya all tomorrow morning...
Old 10-15-2003, 05:34 PM   #26  

Default Evening

Hi girls!

ksmama24 welcome! Do tell us a bit about yourself and what plan you are going to follow. If you read back in the posts you can read a little about each of us. And Carrie & I are both on WW just different plans of it.

The cornbread was really good Carrie I didn't use any butter on it. If I want to use butter on something I use the I Can't Believe it's Not Butter spray and as long as you watch how much you squirt on it is 0 points. Only problem is the cornbread mix is hard to find I have only ever found it at a Walmart Supercenter.

You can WI when you want to no big deal, like I said Sunday morning keeps me on track for the most part of the weekend. Have you started to exercise at all yet? It is really tough I am like the worst when it comes to it. I did pull something in my chest area though on that eliptical thingy. But I will survive.

Well better get around for this party.

Talk to all tomorrow have a great night!
Michelle
Old 10-15-2003, 11:58 PM   #27  
Pending Email Confirmation

Hi Ladies! I read back on yall's previous posts and was hoping you all wouldnt mind me taggin' along.

I'm not on WW, actually I'm not on anything. Not at the moment. I'm just going to try and make my own little differences for a little while, find out how that goes.

So hmm.. a little bit about myself. I'm 19, no kids (not yet), I work part-time (kind-of) and I'm in college full time.

My min. goal right now is 35lbs. From there, I'll just see how things go I guess.

Take care ladies.
Old 10-16-2003, 08:04 AM   #28  
Not Giving Up

Height: 5'9"

Good Morning ladies

How is everyone doing?

I am 35 married for 15 years. I met my husband in my last year of high school, he was in his first year of college. Not quite high school sweethearts but almost.

We have too many pets to mention, but they are all a pain in the butt. But what do you do. Couldn't live without them!

My day at work was an absolute nightmare yesterday. We are having a closeout sale and everyone decided it must be a one day thing and came to buy. The wait to get through the line up was 1 hr 15 minutes. No breaks at all for us yesterday. We did have customers offering to bring us Tim Hortons. The worst part of the day was my district manager warned me and I didn't believe him so I had to tell him I was wrong and he was right. LOL

I guess I missed my points.

Welcome ks, I also have 100 pounds to lose, but I don't have patience and figure I should be able to lose it in just a few weeks.

Welcome also mota, Do you find it stressfull juggling your schedule?

Michelle and Carri, I think it would be hard on me to have a free weekend after trying hard to stay on points all week. Do you have a hard time with that or what do you do to keep from wanting everything?
I do not have a scale in our house so I have to go to visit my family to use someone elses scale. Maybe one day I will invest in one.

Must run and get the kids up to get ready for school.
Have a great day.

Kathy
Old 10-16-2003, 09:10 AM   #29  
It is what it is...

Default Morning

Good Morning Girls!!!!!!!

Moto - Welcome, hang around - we all know what it is like to have so much to lose and we can help eachother...

Kathy - The weekend is the hardest for me, my husband and I usually just want to grab something quick or go out for a nice dinner - I will have to say that I usually choose one place over the weekend to eat whatever I want, it usually does not affect my weight as long as I only do it that one time - and nothing too crazy like real, real fatty or anything...it is hard but you just keep your eye on the goal, and when you are seeing pounds drop off weekly - it makes it soooooooooo much easier.....

Michelle - I will have to look for the cornbread around here, I love cornbread. I use the FF butter spray but sometimes it doesnt taste so good - which brand do you use?
Okay I think I will weigh in every Friday, although Monday would keep me good over the weekend - we will see...

Okay last night for dinner I had:

Can of chicken noodle soup - 2.5pts
Grilled cheese with FF butter spray - 5 pts
Water - 0 pts

Snack -
English Muffin - 2
Strawberry Jelly - 1
cottage cheese -2
( I know that sounds wierd but put it together and it is good - my husband showed me that )

Oh and yes I do exercise, I have a treadmill that I use in the winter and my husband and I go walking on a trail in the neighborhood like 2-3 times per week...so I am getting about 40 mins about 3 times per week...for now....

Okay everyone have a good morning... check in later...
Old 10-16-2003, 11:36 AM   #30  

Hi Sassycat,

I will be your buddy if you like. You are not too far behind me as I am on my fifth or sixth week...What do you need help with? How can we help each other?

~Britta

Closed Thread