Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2003, 06:43 PM   #1  
loves kleenex box art

Default We are aherd of our time

Thought it was time for a new thread.

I have looked in seven furniture stores for a sofa and I finally found one. YAYYYY!!!!!!! They have -800 of them. That is they need to make 800 to fill the orders. The story is they make them in the U.S. but use thread from Asia and Asia sent the wrong color thread. But he promises mine will be ready when I need it.

Heard from u-know-who. He's ok. Everybody can relax now.

Sugar, if you have something MORE BORING THAN THIS TO POST, I'D LIKE TO HEAR IT
Old 06-28-2003, 07:35 AM   #2  
Member w/ messiest house

Default Bye cowiedoodles

Have a nice weekend. It finally cooled off here, just in time for us to leave town (I hope it's fairly cool there when we have to lug suitcases and instruments up dorm stairs).

Painter, are you sure DH is not just trying to get your goat? If mine said that to me while I was exercising, you can be sure he was trying to be funny.

Congrats on the sofa, Cowpeach, I hope it's not a long wait.

I can't believe they go to school in July, Sugar! How gruesome! How much time do they get for vacation?

I'm helping pack the car right now: I'm holding the dumb cat (the smart one is hiding from the confusion) so she won't run outside and be stranded for the weekend. I'd just let her be dumb, but she doesn't eat what she hunts for, so I don't want her to be hungry (I'm a softie, even for dumb cats)

Kiwi
Old 06-28-2003, 09:40 AM   #3  
Most boring housewife.

HI all,
Now we have two Bunco players.....maybe we'll get invited.
I went to NYC yesterday with DD, my cousin, her son and her other son's girlfriend. What fun. The son(17) was rude all day. He could not keep his hands off his brother's girlfriend.
He did not talk. He would not walk with us. DD was pleasant all day, though we did finally stick to ourselves and make our own good time. i would say how reiieved i am not to have such bratty kids, but sincs ds11 crashed the babysitter's golf cart which he wasn't supposed to be driving.my bragging rights have been curbed.

The Lion King was like one of those shows that they have at Disneyworld. cool effects, adequate performers. many of the voices were too weak to project through the theater. it was ok. it cost about $400. from the beginning to the end of the day, for that much i was hoping for better than an ok day and lousy company.

why would peachez care about thst old coot????? somebody get her a dr. laura book to straighten her out.

i would whine about the weather, but then bagz would gloat. i couldn't take that. i'm going to curves, bye.
Old 06-28-2003, 10:00 AM   #4  
loves kleenex box art

Yes, Lushwoman, we are lucky to have NOT bratty kids. I say that while mine is still in Pennsylvania. How can people in Pennsylvania stand to have to spell that all the time? Did I mention they went to Washington and ds thinks they saw the president's car?

The weather here is Floridian. Hot. Muggy. A bug's favorite climate.

Dr. Laura will straighten me out? Yay

I insist that Sugar post now. I am tired of waiting.
Old 06-28-2003, 10:10 AM   #5  
Most boring housewife.

sissy, i am expecting you to help pay for damage to golf cart because
1. you should have offered to babysit.
2. the nephew should have stepped in as a role model to ds11.
3. dr laura says so
Old 06-28-2003, 10:41 AM   #6  
loves kleenex box art

I am proposing a new theme ... one that has more philosophical and religious significance. We will all change our names:

Sugar = Esther (the beautiful young queen)
Bagz = Moses (bossy enough to part the Red Sea)
Lush = HeeHaw (the little donkey. a VERY important part)
Kiwi = Jonah (because she has a boat)
Cherry = Mary Magdalene (good hair)
Wabby = Solomon (didn't he write the one about glass houses and throwing rocks?)
Painty = Martha/Mary (whichever one was a cleanie)
me = I dunno. Does Jehovah sound too extreme? If so, then I get to be Solomon (wise) and Wabby has to be a gambler in the temple. We'll make up a name later.

Ok, discuss and change your names.

p.s. to sissy. Blow it out yer shorts.
Old 06-28-2003, 11:33 AM   #7  
loves kleenex box art

I am shopping for mattresses and trying to use the internet. I am looking at Simmons Beautyrest. It is impossible to decipher this stuff. The furniture store man, Buddy, showed me a queen size for $599. He had more expensive ones of course. I called him and told him I was trying to find these things on the internet and what was it called. He said each store has their own name for the mattresses and I had to look for 800-coils. I have looked. They all have 825 coils. Does anyone know anything about mattresses. It's for DS. Getting him Queen size because he long and getting longer.
Old 06-28-2003, 02:54 PM   #8  
fatter than U

Talking Don't blame me, I was off having fun!

Just got back from the picnic which was a lot less bad than we thought it would be. Sort of sad to know that the class is breaking up. They have to go to another school for grades 5 and 6. Their teacher has been at the school so long she says the kids of her former students are now attending. She lives with her mother and weighs about 250 lbs, I'd say.

My brother and family have now officially moved to Nova Scotia and Mummy is a bit upset but she'll get over it. We can't get over until next year but that means she has a year to fuss and prepare.

Have I bored you enough or should I go on? Beastly hot here, no a/c, thunderstorms aplenty to break up the monotony. Will spend all day tomorrow throwing stuff out.
Old 06-28-2003, 03:00 PM   #9  
loves kleenex box art

I am testing my new signature and I am SO PROUD OF SUGAR FOR JOINING ME in trying to pack. Or whatever she's doing.

I have two questions:

1. What language does Sugar argue with her dh in?
2. Do Canadians have porto pottys? A Canadian woman I met on the net is getting a new house but she says the workers peed in the sump hole and it's yuckkkyyyy. Says there's no porto potty.
Old 06-28-2003, 03:02 PM   #10  
Most boring housewife.

i say throw the kid on the floor with a futon. then, get yourself a new mattress.
i have a sealy. it is fine. i think all the main ones are fine. really, how picky will he be? 500 sounds like a good price.

it really hurts my feelings that you called me a donkey.
Old 06-28-2003, 03:06 PM   #11  
loves kleenex box art

I just got a phone call from the "home" where my mother is saying "I just want to let you know your mom was involved in a scuffle with one of the other residents. No one was injured. Just a little disagreement."

Honestly, I am so lucky that Lush got certain genes and I didnt'.

Sorry I hurt your feelings. You can be Methusula.
Old 06-28-2003, 10:47 PM   #12  

Wowie Zowie Cowie... whatEVER gave you the idea that I'd be the clean-ish one of the M&M combo? I'm more like Zacharias.. or whoever it was that was up a tree.

I wanted to post my wild hibiscus picture, finally,
but can't figure out how to embed it.... Can some tech savvy person send me a PM? I could also use help making the format smaller. I know I did it once... but can't do it again!

DD called me this am and has horrible cold/allergies (in DC). Had 4 years of tartar removed at dentist this week, so it freaked me out that it might be some sort of blood infection. She's clear that if she gets worse she'll make an emergency call to the DDS or get to doc in the box.

DS said he's in the middle of Harry Potter and still enjoying being a chef for the summer in MN.

I wish that money DID grow on trees. When you don't have it you don't have it. And I've got enough good credit, that I have more debt than cash. yuck. sympathies to all of those socked by the economy, layoffs and Iraq war.

Last edited by PainterWoman; 06-28-2003 at 10:56 PM.
Old 06-29-2003, 03:03 PM   #13  
fatter than U

Talking

Quote:
Originally posted by Cowpernia
I have two questions:

1. What language does Sugar argue with her dh in?
2. Do Canadians have porto pottys? A Canadian woman I met on the net is getting a new house but she says the workers peed in the sump hole and it's yuckkkyyyy. Says there's no porto potty.
1. German. I've forgotten how to curse in English.
2. 'Course they do, they just call them Johnny-on-the-Spot. Silly woman. She must be from somewhere uncivilized.

All picnicked out. Did nothing today but snooze. May attempt to clean out the fridge tonight, but surfing the net looks like a lot more fun.
Old 06-30-2003, 12:02 AM   #14  

Default Ausgezeichnit (SP?)

SugP-- please send me a PM with trenchent curse words in German. I had an inhibited German instructor back in my college days (ancient history) and I went to a women's college, so I missed the obligatory cursing lessons.

I am hoping that if I had great cursing skills, I would never have to use them... (Just like I'm really good at tasting brownies, but no one ever asks.)

Have had a terrific weekend. 10# goal is in site for July 4.
Old 06-30-2003, 02:16 PM   #15  

Sugar, I just love the thought of you cursing the poor DH in german! Did you find anything interesting in the fridge?

I'm right there with Sugar P - I'm so boring I have nothing to post. Not that I thought Sugar was boring. I had an incredibly boring weekend too. No bbq's, no socializing, no fun. It was too hot to move.
Closed Thread