Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2003, 09:48 PM   #46  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

oooooooooooooooopssssssss--- i was using the dd's computer and suddenly she burst in with a friend who was very upset--it is impossible to get a computer around here------------there is constant msnnnning all day and night bye bye yankees and confederates!!!!!
Old 07-05-2003, 08:44 PM   #47  
The magic shrinking cow

Hello!

Ummm.

Hey, who is that kid on Cowpernia's posts?

Somehow, by sleeping 16 hours today, I lost 5 pounds. I would like to know why so I can duplicate it. However, losing the five pounds only got me back down to 180.

Sugar P- hooray for loose bellbottoms!!!

I give up. It won't let me embed my picture.

Last edited by Cherry Cow; 07-05-2003 at 08:48 PM.
Old 07-06-2003, 12:08 AM   #48  
Member w/ messiest house

Hi kids! Had a great 4th of July; hope you all did too. It's beastly hot here again and I will be moaning and groaning and avoiding work until it stops. It's my way of boycotting hot weather.

Kiwi
Old 07-06-2003, 07:13 PM   #49  
loves kleenex box art

I got ds to the airport this morning and it went smoothly. They let him take all his luggage, let me walk him to the gate and the plane arrived on time. I haven't heard from him but I checked the flight info on the net. He actually said to me, "I'll miss you." Reminds of that email about men getting big rewards for every small nice thing they do. I don't think he planned on missing me, was just being nice.

Yes, 4th was nice. Went to friend's house. She has a bird sanctuary in her back yard. Saw probably 10 kinds of birds. Woodpeckers. Red winged black birds. Squirrels. (they were on the bird feeder)

I'm alone for three weeks now so start posting!!!!
Old 07-07-2003, 12:55 AM   #50  
Member w/ messiest house

Ah, the Great American Backyard Squirrel Bird.

Doesn't seem like DS was home for 5 seconds, Peachers! Did he notice that you are THROWING EVERYTHING OUT?!?

What's he taking this session?

Kiwi
Old 07-07-2003, 06:28 AM   #51  
fatter than U

Default No time to post

Because I'm watching all those gorgeous legs in the Tour de France (= lots of guys on bikes for the unsophisticated among us) The best part was when a couple of them fell off their bikes and 20 more piled into them. I mean, it wasn't nice, but at least it was interesting. I'm so mean.
Old 07-07-2003, 09:43 AM   #52  
loves kleenex box art

Sugar, I can only hope all this is happening right in front of your house. You are taking them water and bandages, aren't you?

DS is taking forensic science. They're going to watch movies that he wouldn't get to watch here like Silence of the Lambs. I'll post the list later. Maybe one of the bicycle guys would be interested.

I just colored my hair a different shade. Isn't that exciting? Probably won't show up at all.

Old 07-07-2003, 10:32 AM   #53  
Member w/ messiest house

Default Only a few

bikers with no sense of direction ended up in front Sugar's house, right? I watched Wimbledon yesterday, but I missed most of the preliminaries. Trouble with tennis is there are only 2 choices of people to gawk at for each match, and sometimes they're not worth gawking at. Switzerland got its first Wimbledon win.

New hair color? What color is it? This?
Or more like this? Perhaps you went with this? Or the ever-popular this?
Yesterday I almost ran into a kid whose hair was sort of this color.

Obviously I have nothing to say. DD is still at music camp. We've heard from her once. Oh and one email to inform me that I shouldn't send her anything to read because she doesn't have time to read. Maybe I'll write to her again and maybe I won't.

Yesterday we went to some friends' camp and enjoyed the cool breezes and a little swimming. It was lovely. Our house is too dang hot this summer, and I never have any energy to do anything.

Kiwhini
Old 07-07-2003, 04:54 PM   #54  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

Default harummmmmmmmmmph

i believe i made quite a long complaining post and received not ONE ounce of sympathy---------- i will be reviewing the sympathy quotient and reporting on it regularly----------i have a large set of problems and i refuse to reveal them until i sense a modicum of interest-----------i am sorry that you are all so HOT and bothered,as you know i live in Igloo-land------------i am going to go and eat some ice now.
Old 07-07-2003, 05:25 PM   #55  
loves kleenex box art

Dear Darling Bagzwagzie, I am SO SORRY that you are stuck in Lobster Golf Land with James and the twins and YES HE IS AN OLD BAG TOO.

And you have blisters? my my.

And the number of children is unchanged? unthinkable.

And a child interrupted you when you on the puter? Get back on and tell ALLLLL. What is going on???? I need to know now.

Kiwi, how long is this camp? I'd really like to know that ds took most of the desired toilitries with him but somehow I fear he didn't. The house sure is quiet. Don't like it.

Hair looks good. Kind of the same color but less grey.
Old 07-07-2003, 05:28 PM   #56  

Awwww Bagzie, you know I'm totally sympathetic. I personally have dealt with teenagers. I have a mindblower to tell you dearie - it doesn't get much better when they become young adults. Remember how DS had moved out and finally settled into his own apartment? Well his lease was up so he decided that he really would rather rent a house. And he found one. Across the street from me. He is moving into it today. I really really hope it works out. For everybody. eeeeek.

We bbq'd our way through the weekend. We had a big one ourselves yesterday. Perfect weather and lots of friends. I roasted a couple whole chickens and made Ginger-spice salmon and one smokey seasoned salmon, both of them cooked on a cedar plank that makes them all smokey and yummy. Then one day we took a long drive with some friends up in the Mt. Hood wilderness area. Stopped for lunch, nothing too exciting, but fun.

Peach. Please explain the hair color. Platinum blonde?

I almost forgot to tell yous - the weight on my home scale was down to 149 this morning!!! Of course that's not the official WW scale - I weigh and extra 3 lbs. on that - but it was wonderful to see the 140's again!!!!

Last edited by Wabby; 07-07-2003 at 06:12 PM.
Old 07-07-2003, 09:36 PM   #57  
loves kleenex box art

my hair is brown. Brown Brown Brown. Like Bagz's. Lushies's is black. Kiwi's is caramel. Bagz and I have brown hair.

I was looking at the stuff I have stored in favorites and ran across a web site that inspired me so deeply in the past. Here is a quote from there.
Rarely have we seen a person fail who has thoroughly followed our path.
Usually those who do are constitutionally incapable of sloughing off
responsibility and blaming others. It is not their fault; they seem to have
been born that way.
Old 07-07-2003, 10:13 PM   #58  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

Default THANK YOU

for all your SYMPATHY!!!!!--------- i am beginning to see what you are talking about WABBY---------the older teens are VERY stressful for sure----------we thought we would be OUT of the WOODS but we are DEEPER in something that's for sure------ congratulationsssssssssssss on the weightloss----------and poor brown haired,greeen shoed lady----------THROW SOME STUFF OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-07-2003, 11:12 PM   #59  
loves kleenex box art

I am NOT throwing out my gREEEn shoe so CAN IT>

Where is Painty?????
Old 07-08-2003, 12:36 AM   #60  
Member w/ messiest house

Default Hmmm

Quote:
Originally posted by Cowpernia
Here is a quote from there.
Rarely have we seen a person fail who has thoroughly followed our path.
Usually those who do are constitutionally incapable of sloughing off
responsibility and blaming others. It is not their fault; they seem to have
been born that way.
Sounds a tad bit like System Goddess to meeeeeeeeeeee.

Gosh, Bagzie, your life is such a tizzy with all these female hormone repositories running around your house. My little dear won't be home till the beginning of next week. So, to celebrate, DH and I had a good old fashioned screaming match today. Charming.

Apparently "write to us or email us or call us every day" means email us once and call us once. Typical. And I wrote her 3 letters 3 days in a row. Hmph. My sissie sent her a box of cookies.

My kayak is back. I should try using it.

I hope your ds doesn't bring back any souvenirs from the forensics lab, Peaches.

Kiwi
Closed Thread