Old 05-24-2011, 08:06 AM   #226  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Good Morning Chicklets......

Weather for the next 4-8 days...cloudy, scattered thunder showers, some may be severe. Makes for good sleeping, but frankly, I am over it. Get on with the sunshine and hot weather.

The doggies that I dog sit for my friend across the pond, well they moved to Michigan a few months back, anyway got a text that they had to put Butter down yesterday. The text read...it comes with a very sad heart that we had to put sweet Butter down this morning. Paul and I and Gypsy (the other Golden Retriever) will miss Butter very much. Well H*ll I just bawled at my desk, then told sissy and we bawled again. She actually house/dog sat for them for 10 days, a couple of years ago. RIP Butter (short for Butterscotch).

THen at CVS last nite, one of our regulars, Glen, bout 58, with health problems, comes through my line and just felt necessary to unload his heart that he takes care of his mom with no help from his brother and sister. Then he starts to cry. Well we all know, when you are around me, no one cries alone. I got all teary eyed myself. The next customer in line asked if I was alright? I just smiled and said, you get emotional, I get emotional....so I went home and drank a glass of wine and went to bed.

Got up a little early this morning and made baked/fried chicken in the oven. When I got home from CVS last night, I marinated chicken breasts in white wine and egg over night, then this morning dipped the chicken in crushed Ritz crackers. Baked while getting ready for work. Also made mashed tatos with the skins left on. Brought it all to work for sissy and I for lunch.

MELLIE...yeah, I heard this morning on Bob and Tom that the jerk moved the date to October 21st. He was off by 5 months when redoing his math. Whatever, he is off his rocker completely. Did you know that some of those that believed this idiot, actually committed suicide prior? That, my friend, is just plain crazy thinking. Yes, I hope the kids catch the little b-tards, they have a feeling it is teenagers. Where the heck are their parents? My kids would NEVER have thought about doing something like that. They would have gotten beaten.

Shaddie...that J.O.B. is keeping you way too busy. At least you have work to do at this site. Beats twiddling your thumbs.

Ceejay...we had hail about a month ago. I was at work at CVS. Went out to the parking lot, put a couple in my hand and took a picture. I should post it. Maybe this weekend I will get to that. lol

Happy...you take the snow, I will take the heat. I detest snow and cold weather. Funny you should mention ants, my kitchen counter had a troop of ants on it this morning. Got out the Black Flag, sprayed, then jumped in the shower. Cleaned the dead ants up after I got out of the shower. Pesty things. Funny, you should see Hella B snorting at them on the back patio. Hilarious.

Howdie to everyone, MI is here today.

Loves and hugs,
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 08:41 AM   #227  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Morning every one

I am going to start with a rant so don't read unless you are curious. I stayed last night at work to listen to a co-worker rant for 45 minutes. I told her this morning that I was not doing that again. Forever more I'm working 60 hours this week and need to be home doing things. When I told her I would not be staying any more listening to her rant she said what rant. I told her and she got furious. I walked out the back door to get away from her. I'm not going to do this any more. And yes I will be going home promptly at 7 p.m. tonight. My things will be in the car before she gets here.

I'll be back later to comment but right now I have to calm my nerves.

Onto some good news, Joplin is finding survivors amongs the rubble.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 10:23 AM   #228  
Annie - Indiana

Good for you Ceejay.....way to stick up for yourself. If that chick didn't even know she was ranting, she must be a pretty negative person and all about herself.

I went to give blood here at work for our blood donation draw. My iron was 12.2 and it has to be 12.5 to give. I forgot about it and did not take extra iron the week prior. Dang it anyway.
Old 05-24-2011, 10:26 AM   #229  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Hi ladies -

I'm going to try and keep this short and sweet (just like me).

I did 20-25 minutes of Chair Zumba (except we used a stability (aka exercise) ball instead of a chair as it allowed me to have better form with my back. Then I went to the pool and did a little over 1/2 hour of water aerobics on my own. I was tired by the time I got home. I went to bed fairly early and thought I slept well, but when the alarm first went off at 3:30, I did NOT want to get up. I hit the snooze button until 4:10 and then dragged myself out of bed. I wanted to send off an invoice to a website client this morning...I'll have to do that tonight. I've been thinking the past week or so that even though I don't have time for it, I could really use an additional website client. Then lo and behold, my website client with the pet sitting business called me and said she wanted to get together in the next week or two to discuss changes to the website. These probably won't amount to much and she doesn't pay as promptly as I'd like, but something's better than nothing. Then last night, I got an email from my other (and much more reliable) website client that he wants a major site redesign/update. Can you say "ka-ching"? And the site he gave me as an example of what he wants doesn't appear to require any skills that I don't have. Of course, I won't make his website a carbon copy of the example website, but it does really help to get a rough idea of what someone wants in terms of design/layout so I'm not flying blind and grasping at straws and guessing what kind of design/layout the client wants.

And, at my day job, I just got another report assigned for June implementation. All this, plus physical therapy and rehab exercises, and hopefully yardwork/gardening and fishing, and I'm gonna be a busy chick. Of course, I still won't be as busy as the rest of y'all.

Annie - Good for you and Sissy walking. I used to love walking on my lunch hour. I might try a short walk today if my back is up to it. Too funny about the sacrifice of clear skin for your kids. I'm getting a little tired of chilly rainy weather, but I don't care what the weather is through Friday, as long as Saturday through Tuesday are nice up in the U.P. I'm so sorry to hear about dear Butter, and about Glen. The baked fried chicken and mashed potatoes sounds super yummy! I admire you for having all that energy/motivation to fix it before you leave for work! It's all I can do to get myself up and dressed and give the dogs their meds. I hadn't heard that the jerk moved the Judgement Day date, or that some of his followers actually committed suicide. But I had heard that he asked people around the country to quit their jobs and help him spread the message. You and Happy are having ants, we're having June bugs. Stupid bugs. They hang out at the back door when we turn the light on to let the dogs out, and last night one landed on me and hitched a ride indoors. Luckily I noticed it before it started flying around the house. I knocked the dang thing to the floor and squished it. Bummer about not being able to donate blood. Hopefully you can next time.

Happy - Don'tcha just love pop up storms?! Not! Sounds like your kitty doesn't like them either. The Sunday night storms in Wisconsin produced ping pong sized/golf ball sized hail. My dogs like being cuddled when it's storming, but it sounds like your kitty is more independent (as cats typically are anyway). Whenever we have storms in the area, or even high humidity, DH checks the radar on the computer quite frequently. He can be a real weather junkie. I hope your tummy is feeling better now. It sucks to be out running errands when your tummy is so upset. I know a lot of people are dumping cable and using just a digital antennae or going to NetFlix. We have high speed internet for my website business...so the cable doesn't cost that much more. Plus, I don't think DH or I could give up BBC America, Sports Channels, and the science channels. To answer your question about reports, yes we are currently doing a lot of custom reports in Business Objects, although we also do some in Crystal. We are switching over to MicroStrategy by late 2011 or early 2012.

Ceejay - Scary stuff about your sister and her family living so near Joplin. I'm glad they're okay. My DH will be heading down to Missouri for work in a couple weeks. I just hope there won't be any bad storms while he's down there. OMG, with all the hours you're working this week, you stayed late to listen to a co-worker rant? I don't blame you for being upset. If I were in your shoes, and if this person were a very good friend of mine who was going through some life crisis, then I'd stay to listen...otherwise, I'd suggest that she come in early if she needs to vent to you. I'm always ready to lend a sympathetic ear, but when you're already working 60+ hours, it had better be something urgent and important if it's going to delay me getting home and relaxing. I'm glad you're going to go home at 7 tonight. I'm really proud of you for doing what you need to do to take care of yourself.

Shad - Hope you're having fun with that Greek god of yours. Normally I'd ask you to share your Greek gods with the rest of us chicks, but after all you're saying about this one...you don't need to share with me.

Mel - I'm glad you're feeling better this morning. So nice of Jen to handle the smoke alarms. My DMIL will be here 'till the beginning of August, then she has to go back to CA for some doctor appointments. Then depending on how things are there, she may stay in CA anywhere from a couple weeks to a few months before coming back. She still hasn't decided about moving out to WI. It kind of depends if the living situation with her daughter in CA improves. I agree that the HP books do have lots of sadness, disappointment and death, and can be kind of dark. I just think they're very well written. And good news! I was able to renew my HP and the Deathly Hallows one more time...so I don't have to return it unfinished.

Okay...this post definitely was not short....nor very sweet.

I'd better get back to it.

Love and hugs,

Last edited by diyana; 05-24-2011 at 10:30 AM.
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 12:58 PM   #230  

Morning all. Quick check in for me. It was very nice weather yesterday and the fact that I'd already decided to skip the movie tonight made me choose to skip the step class last night and go to a class tonight instead. I went w/ bf on the dogwalk, did a load of laundry, and pulled some weeds. I brushed doggy - we need to do that on a more regular basis. Want to keep him cleaner longer, and hopefully reduce the amount of dog hair around the house. Coal's okay with the brushing...likes it better if I give him some kibble as we go.

Our front door knob/lock has been giving us problems, so bf took it apart last night to lube it. Course it turned into a mess - we think it's original to our 1950's ranch house. The door is too, so when bf decided to just replace the whole lockset, he found that because the placement is several inches further from the door edge than the locks we have nowadays - 21st century, lol - it's not easily replaceable. Sigh. Bf worked on the old lock some more and thought he had it fixed, but when he pulled the inside knob this morning, it came off. Not sure what the next move will be. I'm sure there must be a specialty place that has locks for old doors like this. Even though we want to, we hadn't planned on replacing the front door just yet....

Okay, that's about it, so I'm off to lunch.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 01:01 PM   #231  
Annie - Indiana

Worldlies Jitterbugging Our Way Through June.....just a thought for next months title/theme.

Chelle...I have motivation and energy in the mornings, if I could just accomplish everything by noon, I would be good to go...I am not a night person....something about dark skies = go to bed. It has turned out to be a beautiful day, Jan, Sissy and I went over to Ulta (beauty stuff) for a few minutes. Neither Sam nor I bought anything...but Jan bought 50 bucks worth of perfume...like really. NOT...too stinky and headachy for me. Glad you got your workout in, I say when you come home tired, you have got a work out in. You get a unicorn sticker today!! lol...guess I had better get back at it...MI peeps are lunch, good riddence. They will be in here tomorrow also...till about 2 ish....blah.
Old 05-24-2011, 02:22 PM   #232  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Hi ladies,

Sorry I can't stay. Had to get out early today and I'm not sure what happened to my lunch hour but it's over already. Oh wait. Morning meeting went WAYYYY over.

Tonight I have to work on the house right after supper. Gotta buckle down and get this done. I really want out of here and DH is even more antsy than me. So I probably will have to skip personals today.

I don't care what we call the June thread as long as it gets me one month closer to being happy.

I saw a news bit on the TVs at work. This couple is looking for their baby who was ripped from the mom's arms during the tornado. Can you even imagine the horror of that?

Just browsed quickly through the thread - Ceejay - I agree after the long days you put in I would not offer more than 10 minutes to hear someone out. Good thinking to make a quick exit today.

Laura - good luck with the door. The former owners here were huge antiques people. Our french door and sidelights as well as the front entrance door were antiques. The front door was quite pretty but they could not get a door handle to fit. I was never comfortable with the "lock" they had on it but as you have found, the owner told us they had looked for years for a decent handle lock and were unable to find one. I was glad when DH said the door was warped too much and we had to replace it. I hope you find something that works.

My apologies ladies for the dash and run. I have a project I need to get working in. Will talk later tonight if I'm not up too late or tomorrow morning.

Love to the chicks...
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 02:55 PM   #233  
Creating a Healthier Me

Laura - Good for you for getting so much done last night. Like Coal, my dogs will put up with just about anything if kibble/treats are involved. Bummer about the old door and old lockset. I hope you found a way to make the house secure. We have a similar issue with the french doors leading to our patio. The handle is always loose and frequently comes off. And because of the locking mechanism, which is inside the door and involves rods that go into the top and bottom of the door jam, in order to replace the handle/locket, we'd have to replace the entire door. And since our french doors are 40 years old, they are no longer a "standard size", so we'd have to have an entire new door opening cut and a new door installed. More work than we want to get involved with right now.

Annie - Like you, I have motivation in the mornings. By lunch time, I'm starting to drag...and after 7 pm...it's time to relax. I am not a big fan of perfume. Drove my mom crazy because she always wanted to buy me the "latest" perfume. Most cause me to get bad migraines...so I'd just as soon do without. If I do wear any scent, it's Bath & Body Works Warm Vanilla Sugar. I really like your idea for the June thread title.

Happy - I thought you were already "Happy". I totally understand about your desire to get the heck out of Dodge. Does your boss know your plans yet? I really have a hard time being motivated to do ANYTHING after work, so to you for working on the house in the evenings. On occasion, I manage to drag myself to the gym or to do some gardening. I'd much rather go home right after work today and take a nap than meet with the website client...but I could use the $$. That would be terrifying to have a baby ripped from your arms during a tornado. My thoughts and prayers go out to that family.
Old 05-24-2011, 04:09 PM   #234  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Michelle
I'm impressed with all the exercising you are doing. Plus all the lawn care. Just goes to show me that where there is a will there is a way.

Happy
My sis told me a couple of horror stories the other morning. I can only imagine what kind of grief that these people are going through with losing the baby. I'm sure that there will be morestories to come.

Laura
Hope that your bf can figure out the lock.

Annie
I used to not be a morning person but have become one.

I've been cleaning today reason getting ready for Health Department inspection June 1.
I told my boss/friend what happened last night and this morning. He was told as a friend. He said I wonder what brought that on--that he thought we were getting along so well. We were but now I don't trust her at all.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 04:30 PM   #235  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Still bobbing around just under the surface however it (the surface) is getting closer. I was told yesterday that the reporting functions won't be ready for training yet so that is one thing off my plate. We are so not ready!

No personals this morning. Sorry. The greek god calls. Actually he isn't that bad, the actual usage part is easy and simple and works, however the setting up and reporting isn't so I just have to persevere, but another good day today (like yesterday) should see the light just poking through. Oh happy day!
Keep smiling - it makes the b*stards wonder what you've been up to.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 05:25 PM   #236  
Annie - Indiana

Just a quick post....seeing sprouts of spinach and cucumbers ALREADY!! Holy Smokes, just planted last Friday...only 4 days ago....I am so jazzed and happy about spring/summer. It has been an absolutely BEAUTIFUL day. no humidity, 84, sunshine, and heading back out to enjoy...could cut the grass AGAIN, as it is just starting to get high...but think I will let it go for the night and walk HB. I am so happy...must be the sunshine....
Old 05-25-2011, 06:24 AM   #237  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

HELLO CHICKS
IT WAS A VERY QUIET DAY ON THE OLD PONDEROSA YESTERDAY. I CAUGHT UP WITH SOME WASH AND THEN NOTHING!!
THIS RAINY WEATHER IS SLEEP INDUCING FOR SURE. JEN WENT TO THE STORE FOR BOTH OF US. JUST SOME LIGHT SHOPPING.
SORRY I HAVE NO NEWS BUT THERE'S NOTHING TO TELL.
HAVE A GREAT DAY

ANNIE...YOU AND I ARE SO MUCH ALIKE. SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT BUTTER AND GLEN. IT'S BEEN SAD TIMES HERE TOO. PEOPLE KNOW WE'LL LISTEN AND THAT'S WHY THEY PICK US.....FOR COMFORT. SENDING YOU A HUG THE CHICKEN & TATERS SOUNDED DELISH...BE RIGHT THERE!! HOW DID THE DR'S APPT GO?? I AM HAPPY TO HEAR THE GARDEN IS GROWING AND DIN'T GET DROWNED!!

MICHELLE...GOOD LUCK WITH THE 2 CLIENTS NEW JOBS AND ALSO THE REPORT. THAT SHOULD KEEP YOU OUT OF TROUBLE AND PUT SOME POCKET CHANGE INTO YOUR WALLET. HOPE THE DMIL FINDS OUT THAT THINGS HAVE EASED UP WHEN SHE GOES HOME. BUT AT LEAST SHE KNOWS WHERE SHE IS WANTED.

LAURA....SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THE OLD DOOR AND LOCK. BUT I HAD A GIGGLE THAT THE DOORKNOB FELL OFF. ALSO SORRY I LAUGHED. HOW ABOUT A LOCKSMITH?? THEY USUALLY KNOW HOW TO FIX AND/OR HAVE OLD PARTS OR REPLACEMENTS. NOT EVERYONE HAS TO CHANGE THEIR DOORS BECAUSE THEY'RE OUT OF DATE RIGHT?? JUST A THOUGHT. GOOD LUCK.

HAPPY...NEVER FEAR FLYING THRU. AT LEAST WE KNOW YOU'RE OK AND JUST BUSY. GOOD LUCK WITH PACKING. YES THE NEWS ON THE TV IS JUST FRIGHTENING. LAST NIGHT THEY TOLD OF SOME KIDS THAT RAN OUT TO HELP AND CAME BACK WITH DEAD CHILDREN. JUST HORRIBLE. I CANNOT IMAGINE BEING THESE MOTHERS.

CEEJAY...SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THE DRAMA AT WORK WITH THE CO-WORKER. FUNNY SHE DIDN'T REMEMBER THE RANT. MAYBE SHE THINKS IT WASN'T ONE!! I HAD A FIGHT WITH A WOMAN IN THE OFFICE ONCE. NEXT DAY SOMEONE SAID SOMETHING ABOUT IT AND SHE SAID "WHAT FIGHT...I WAS ONLY TALKING TO MEL". LOL HOPE THINGS CALM DOWN FOR YOU THERE. GOOD LUCK WITH THE INSPECTION TOO.

SHAD....GLAD EVERYTHING IS MOVING ALONG IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION. GOOD LUCK WITH THE REST OF IT AND I HOPE THE LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL GETS EVEN BRIGHTER.

Last edited by MELODY525; 05-25-2011 at 06:27 AM.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 07:43 AM   #238  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning chicks,

We're supposed to get bad storms today so DH is going to drive me in. Have to leave early and I have to flip a load of laundry before I get out of here so will try and get on at lunch time.

Later
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 08:45 AM   #239  
Annie - Indiana

Wednesday and Stormy...forgot to put trash out but probably a good thing since we are to have 60 mph winds.

Happy....head for the hills, I will meet you there. We are under tornado watch till 2 pm. YIKES!! HB is home alone, if it doesn't thunder she will be fine. Stay safe sweet sista.

MELLIE...Sis's doc appt is tomorrow morning. I will let you know what goes on. Hopefully nuttin!! Sounds peaceful back at your ranch, lil Joe. He was the sexiest one of the bunch...Michael Landon, RIP.

RANT....I am on 465 that loops around Indy every morning to work. The speed limit is 55, most do 70. I usually drive 59/60 for a couple of reasons. One...do not want to pay the speeding ticket and Two...it saves gas. SOOOoooo, I always drive in the outside, pokey lane, not to p*ss anyone off, here comes the rant part...why in the H do people tailgate me for miles then finally get in the middle lane to go around me, give me a dirty look or give me the finger? I mean, where the H do you want me to drive? On the shoulder? There are 3 lanes to drive in, some areas of 465 have up to 8 lanes. Get over yourself. I am not going to go 70 mph. Ok rant over.

Hidee Ho to everyone!

Loves and hugs.
Old 05-25-2011, 09:09 AM   #240  
Creating a Healthier Me

Happy Hump Day!

Meeting with the website client went well last night. Tonight is Ball Zumba, followed by Water Aerobics, assuming my tummy starts feeling better. It's been a little flippy floppy the past couple days. Nothing really bad...just not feeling "right".

Tomorrow I'm working from home in the afternoon so that I can give Mischief her medicine at around noon. DH is working in Northwestern WI tomorrow, and he's taking DMIL along because it's a pretty drive and the area where he's working is very scenic, there's a park nearby where she can sit and read or feed ducks or whatever. I also have PT after work. Then, Thursday evening and Friday will be spent getting things ready for the trip up north.

Ceejay - Good luck getting ready for the health dept inspection. Sorry that things have ended up so badly between you and your co-worker.

Shad - I hope that even though you're bobbing just under the surface that you're allowed to come up for air a couple times a day or so. I hope things come together so that you are as ready as possible for training.

Annie - I love when my plants grow...though I've been so busy the past couple days I haven't checked on them. DMIL has been tending them for me. 84 degrees there? How lovely!! Sunday and Monday were warm, and now we're back to the cool, rainy days. I'll be mowing the front lawn again before we go out of town. DH wants to leave the back lawn a little long so that the dandelion leaves are are bigger so that more weed and feed sticks on them.

Mel - I'm glad you had a quiet day yesterday. How is Jen feeling? You're right...DMIL knows that no matter what...she will always be able to live with us. And there's so much less drama and stress at our house than in CA.

Happy - I'm glad to hear that your DH is driving you to work. It's no fun driving in bad weather, and your area seems to get the worst weather.

Ellen - How did the doctor appt go? Sorry if you posted about it and I missed it.

Lots to get done today...so I'll sign off for now.

Much love,