Old 04-04-2011, 12:55 PM   #31  

Hello Ms. Java! Glad you're feeling good - no Monday-itis for you, huh? You have a great week too!!
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 02:38 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Hello to Ms Java. Soo good to see you posting. Come back and join us.

Mel
So bah hum bug on this week end. We can do it next week end. Just tell the tenants not to light any candles. We are under a tornado watch until 3 p.m. today. I think Memphis got hit pretty hard in certain areas. Their new station told about some tree's being uprooted on Poplar. I hope Happy's house is okay.

Annie
Enjoy the time with the new beaux. If their is no chemistry later down the road then you could "dump" him. To funny about Hella zonking out after her walk.

Laura
I keep thinking that about the Rav4. It's still okay to drive but I'm not so sure I trust it when I'm out on the road. And that's more often than not.

Not much is happening except the weather. I get the plant started and it starts lightening again. The weather should be out of here by now.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 03:11 PM   #33  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Annie - You deserve a good guy for a change. Enjoy being treated nicely!

Laura - I agree with your BF that a tired dog is a good dog. Another way for the Costco membership to pay for itself is to get tires there. DH gets tires for his 4Runner there cuz he gets the expensive all terrain truck tires, and he says Costco has the best prices on good tires. I had a great PT stretch out. They can really stretch my hamstrings and hip flexors in ways that I can't do as effectively myself. Also, one of the PTs that works on me just told me that her in-laws have a walker with a seat (and hand brakes and a basket) because I mentioned that maybe I should get one since we go to events (like ReptileFest this weekend) and I worry that there won't be any chairs for me to sit in when my back/legs lock up in pain. Her in-laws paid over $300 new and it was hardly ever used (it was for my PT's husband's grandmother, and she passed away shortly after she got it). The asking price is $100, but they'd sell it to me since I'm a client of my PT for $60. I talked to DH and he said that since DMIL or her sister can use it after I no longer need it, it's probably a good investment. I should be getting it on Thursday or Friday! Yay! Thanks for the tip on the gasbuddy app.

JavaTurtle - Great to hear from you again!! I'm glad you're feeling good and it sounds like you're having a great day!

Ceejay - I hope the weather calms down where you are. And I hope we don't have another stormy night like last night. DH and I would like to sleep rather than spend the whole night comforting doggies who get scared by the thunder, wind and hail.
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 04:40 PM   #34  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
Just a quick fly through I'm afraid. No time yesterday and no time today. It's getting harder and harder to find any spare time around here these days.

SIT training is over and now they are talking about involving me in UAT training (user acceptance) Now I am so far behind and working 10 hour days that it may just prove to be impossible. I think I will land that one on my manager. That's what she is paid for.

Gotta go - to everyone. Nice to see Java Turtle in for a quick hello.

Oh and yes, shortly after I mentioned about the worldly fatchick I get a renewal notice. Do we want to renew again?

Last edited by Shad; 04-04-2011 at 04:41 PM.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 06:52 AM   #35  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKz6KbiS68o

The above is a 'sneak peek' at my beautiful nieces wedding photos. This is the wedding I went to in NZ at the beginning of March.

Hope you can all see it.

Last edited by Shad; 04-05-2011 at 06:54 AM.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 07:15 AM   #36  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

GOOD MORNING EVERYONE
NOT LOOKING GOOD OUTSIDE. BETTER FIND STUFF TO DO IN HERE THEN. GOD KNOWS THERE IS ALWAYS A MESS GOING ON SOMEWHERE LATELY!
MY ARM IS ABOUT TO FALL OFF SO I BETTER FIND SOMETHING TO DO THAT DOES NOT INVOLVE A MOUSE!
NOTHING NEW. THIS POST IS SHORT AQND SWEET. HAVE A SUPER DAY

MARY...OMG!! I ALMOST FELL OUT OF MY CHAIR. SO NICE TO SEE YOU HERE THIS MORNING. AT LEAST WITH HAVING A STALKER...YOU KNOW YOU'RE LOVED

ANNIE.. YOU WORE POOR BELLA OUT! POOR LITTLE THING. AS FOR ALAN...THIS IS MY THEORY....IF YOU DIDN'T FEEL THE BIG RUSH RIGHT AWAY IT'S PROBABLY NEVER GOING TO BE THAT HOT AND HEAVY AFFAIR WE LIKE SO MUCH. LOL THIS IS ONE OF THOSE RELATIONSHIPS THAT GROW WITH TIME BUT ....AND THERE IS ALWAYS A BUT....IF YOU FEEL ABSOLUTELY NOTHING THEN DON'T CONTINUE IT. BRINGING THEM HOME TO DINNER ISN'T A GOOD IDEA...TOO HARD TO GET RID OF THEM!!!CAPISH??? (capisce)

MICHELLE...SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THE PAINS HANGING ON ETC. HOPE BOTH YOU AND MISCHIEF WILL FIND HEALTH AND HAPPINESS THIS MONTH. SENDING MORE GOOD THOUGHTS YOUR WAY. KEEP THE FAITH!!

LAURA...HOPE THE BOSS-LESS DAY WENT WELL.

HOLD ON A SEC CHICKS.......GOING TO NEXT PAGE:

CEEJAY....HOPE THE STORMS DIED OUT AND LEFT YOUR AREA UNTOUCHED. THE MAP WAS NUTS FOR 2 DAYS...I REALLY NEED TO STOP LOOKING AT THE WEATHER CHANNEL!! STAY DRY!!!

SHAD....JUST HOW MUCH DO THEY THINK THEY CAN GET YOU DOING IN ONE 24 HR DAY?? HOPE THE WEEK SLOWS DOWN A BIT BUT DOESN'T SEEM LIKELY SO I AM SENDING A HUG WILL CHECK OUT THE PHOTOS RIGHT NOW!!!!
OMG!!! the video is gorgeous and what a treasure they will have as a memory. I'VE NEVER SEEN ANYTHING AS GOOD!! I AM SO HAPPY FOR THEM. I LOVED THE DRESS!!ALSO VERY HAPPY TO BE ABLE TO WATCH A VIDEO IN THE FIRST PLACE!! IT'S BEEN YEARS SINCE I COULD DO THAT!! THANKS SO MUCH FOR SHARING THAT!! .......DANG....THE DOORBELL.... LATER

Last edited by MELODY525; 04-05-2011 at 07:31 AM.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 07:27 AM   #37  
Creating a Healthier Me

Hi everyone -

A quick check in for me as well. I have lots of documentation to get done today. I've created 16 reports and am implementing them a week from Friday, but in order to do so, I need to have thorough testing documentation and go to two meetings for approvals (one tomorrow and one next week). Lots of hoops to jump through. The process is tedious enough for 1 report, but for 16...it's a bit overwhelming.

I'm a bit worried about Mischief...her back legs are acting up again. It's like they cramp up occasionally, making it difficult for her to walk. She's going back to the vet on Friday, but I'm going to call today and see what they think could be causing it.

Shad - It would be great if we could adopt Worldly again. Do you need some $$ to pitch in for the cost? I'm happy for you that SIT training is over...but to add UAT training to your already huge workload seems a bit much. Are you paid by the hour or more like salaried and paid by the contract? I know that in most companies, they don't want hourly people, even consultants, to work much more than 40 hours because they have to pay overtime. Whereas, for salaried people...they encourage working as many hours as necessary. I'm checking in from work (I know...naughty naughty), so I can't see the You Tube video as my work blocks You Tube, but I'll check it when I get home.

Mel - You've been overdoing it with your new toy and now your arm hurts? I hope it feels better soon. Thanks for the good wishes for me and Mischief. When she cramps up and has trouble walking, I talk to her and tell her that she and I just need to sit down from time to time and rest a minute. I hope you have a good day indoors.
Old 04-05-2011, 09:28 AM   #38  

Mel
Rest the arm for today. But I know that I'm one to stay on the computer to long also. I feel it in my hands.

Michelle
Hope that Mishchief feels better today. I'd be concerned about her also. I read on FB that you mil will be there soon.

Shad
The wedding pictures are extremely good. I loved the bride's dress.
Don't let them work you to hard.

The storms are over with, thank goodness. Today the sun is shining but it's a bit cooler. I didn't exercise last night as I had some house hold chores that needed to be done. Food has not been good. I've found out that I'm a grazer and simply can't plan enough food for the day. I need protein in the morning. One day I'll learn what really works for me.
Old 04-05-2011, 10:54 AM   #39  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

OH Shaddie...what a beautiful bride and groom...I just love love love her dress. I also liked the music that played. What a beautiful wedding...looked like so much love and fun.

MELLIE....yeah I know..Alan...I kind of feel that way too about if the chemistry doesn't strike you right off, it may never. He is such a great, nice, sweet guy, so I am willing to let it ride for a bit to see if it might happen. Here is a good thing...I told him how I feel and he said even if it never goes anywhere, he has gained a great, kind, sweet friend who is beautiful inside and out. I about cried. Good thing it was a text message so he couldn't see me. lol It is not that I don't feel anything, it is just that I don't feel the great rush....time will tell. You might want to start wearing a wrist support with all the computer time you are getting. lol

Chelle...sorry to hear about Mischief..poor baby...get out of one mess and into another. Might she have a bit of arthritis? You vet bills must be getting pretty high...do you have pet insurance?

Ceejay...your weather and our weather sound very similar. We had such strong winds the last couple of days, I thought my roof that already needs replaced was going to blow completely off.

Laura...re: Costco...I also buy kitchen supplies for work there. I, of course, get reimburse...plus mileage...lol

Hello to the rest of yas..

Love and Hugs,
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 11:04 AM   #40  

Morning all.

Ceejay - Glad the storms have moved out. We've got sun today too.

Michelle - Good you'll have that walker/seat so you can get around & rest more comfortably at Reptilefest. Poor Mischief! I hope the doc can help before your Friday appt - e.g., maybe adjusting the amount of meds?

Shad - Sorry you're having to put in too much time - definitely not a good balance. What a nice video, and your niece's gown is gorgeous! It looked like a lovely event.

Mel - Don't overdo it w/ that mouse or I'll have to get out the rolling pin! My bossless day was alright - spent a lot more time on one task than I thought I would and suddenly the day was practically over! Need to catch up today.

Hellos to Annie & Happy.

Not much to report. BF had the car last night and so I didn't go to an exercise class. And I didn't exercise at home either. Instead I mended a couple pieces of clothing. Whoopee, right?? Watched the end of DWTS and then Castle. Watched a wee-bit of the news after that and bf and I had a laugh over the poor anchorwoman - first she said "craps" instead of "cracks" (the 737 aircraft story), and then she went on to have two more flubs - all before the first commercial break. Everybody has a bad day I guess.

Feeling depressed and worried about this job stuff. Things that I didn't much worry about in the past are now making me worry. Last week the boss asked us to have our monthly operating report input to her by Friday morning because her boss wanted it earlier in the month. I figured the boss would get it to her boss before she went on vacation. She didn't. I checked to see if perhaps she saved her input to our network directory so we could compile it and send it on. Nope, and there's no e-mail instructing us to. But now I wonder if she'll somehow blame us for not doing it if she gets heat for not getting it to her boss when he wanted it. Sigh.

I realized on the train this morning that I forgot to pay the !@#$% water bill. Usually we pay that one in person at the village hall. I've gotten so used to paying bills online that this one seems to get left in the dust regularly. Grrr. Not going to the movies tonight because bf needs the car again. Since bf also won't be around to walk the dog, I'll walk him when I get home, and I guess I'll exercise in the basement tonight.

Okay, better get this posted and get back to work.
Old 04-05-2011, 11:15 AM   #41  

Annie was the sneaker-inner (I had a feeling...). Wow, what a nice thing for Alan to say (text). Sounds like a sweetie.

Oh, sorry your team didn't take it all.
Old 04-05-2011, 12:18 PM   #42  
Annie - Indiana

Hugs Laura, my sweet sista...hope your world turns bright!!! xoxoxo
Old 04-05-2011, 01:43 PM   #43  
Creating a Healthier Me

Thanks everyone for the good wishes for Mischief. DH thinks we're on the right track, as she doesn't cramp up all the time. Only when she gets especially excited, like when we first get home, or if there's a bunny in the yard.

I'm really looking forward to DMIL's arrival tonight, although I am a little nervous that she's going to beotch at me about my weight (the fattest I've ever been). I know I'm really overweight, and I know what I need to do, and I'm doing all that I can. And I just have to get my back better so I can do more. I just hope she'll be sympathetic and understanding and not naggy. Normally we get along great...so I may just be worrying over nothing.

Ceejay - I'm glad the storms are over for you. We're supposed to have partly cloudy skies through Sunday and temps in the 50s! We're having a heat wave! I'm a grazer too, so I try and bring plenty of healthy things to graze on at work. Growing up, I used to always eat cold cereal for breakfast, then a few years ago, my blood sugar started getting a little high, and my nutritionist recommended eating either protein with every meal. So now, for breakfast, I usually have Egg Beaters with a little cheese and salsa. I either make it and eat it at home, or make it at home and heat it up when I get to work. Then for a mid-morning snack, I have low-fat (1%) cottage cheese. Sometimes, instead of the Egg Beaters, I'll have a deli lunch meat (chicken or turkey or ham) sandwich on low carb bread. If I just have a bowl of cereal now (even oatmeal), I'm hungry again in an hour or two. Good luck finding what works for you.

Annie - How sweet of Alan to say (text) that. I don't think Mischief has arthritis, but you never know. Luckily, Mischief's illness just requires basic blood tests and inexpensive meds. Doppler's cataract surgery was really expensive, but they're still cheaper than kids. We don't have pet insurance, but we almost got it this year. It wouldn't cover Doppler's medical issues (diabetes and eye) as they're pre-existing conditions, but it would've covered Mischief's, which would now be considered a pre-existing condition.

Laura - I totally understand your feeling depressed, demoralized and worried about the job stuff. I don't know what else to tell ya', but hang in there. Keep your head down, do a great job, Cover Your A**, and update your resume. I sometimes forget to pay the garbage bill because it's only every 3 months, not monthly like all the rest. Have fun exercising tonight, even though it won't be at a fun class.

I'd better get back to creating more testing documentation.

Love and hugs to all,

Last edited by diyana; 04-05-2011 at 01:47 PM.
Old 04-05-2011, 03:07 PM   #44  
Annie - Indiana

Chelle....Hella B doesn't get cramps so much as ocassionally her one hip will bother her. She almost acts like it is out of joint or something. The vet said she has a touch of arthritis in it and sometimes it will bother her. Her joint was fine when at the vet. No lumps or bumps or anything. It only happens about 3 or 4 times a year, lasts a few days. I give her ibuprofen and it seems to help. I don't know if ibuprofen is good or bad for a dog, but it seems to help her and she hasn't died from it, chocolate or grapes. lol I agree...animials are WAY much cheaper than kids...have both and truly agree with that statement. I think you are too hard on yourself and DMIL will not say anything to you, heck what can she expect anyway you have been fighting so many other things this year and last. You will get this weightloss down in your own time. I just know you will, I have much faith in you and you have all my support with it. Once you knuckle down on just the eating healthy and portion control (weighing and measuring made easier, somehow.... ) there is no other choice but to lose weight. Less food in more weight off...count, count, count, measure, weigh, CHELLE you can do this...I love ya my sweet sista...have fun tonight with DMIL.
Old 04-05-2011, 05:54 PM   #45  

Michelle
Thanks for the tips about the protein. I'm with Annie--don't worry about the dmil and your weight.

Laura
Hang in there with things concerning your job.

Annie
I'm curious about the text.