Old 02-08-2011, 03:04 AM   #121  
No excuses this time!

S/C/G: 279/249/154

Hi Julia - I am not a morning person either.

Yeah I am addicted a looking at those sites, I got a pamper package last November and will finally get to use it on 26th Feb. It took that long to get a reservation and I rang first week in December. I actually wanted mid week in January.

There is one going at the moment for a high tea for 2 at my favourite cafe in the city includes champagne $65 for 2. I have never done high tea, but I don't want a food reward anymore so it looks like I will be passing. LOL
mumtoliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 02:34 PM   #122  
It's ME!

Vanessa Lindeman Island will be awesome! That's something great to look forward to

My ex and I broke up in December and because he's got no money he couldn't afford to go anywhere so I've allowed him to stay living with me and my mum at her place. He slept with someone 3 weeks after we split and that broke my heart, we discussed it then and I told him that I couldn't handle living with him if he's going to be dating so he promised he wouldn't.

Well last night he spent the night with a new lady friend so this morning I told him that he needs to move out. He is mad at me and doesn't think it's fair that I kick him out but he needs to know that while he may be ready to move on I'm not ready to see him do it.

It'll be hard for him because he really can't afford to go anywhere but I'm realising that that's not my problem. I need him gone and hopefully he'll find something soon so that I can start healing and move on myself.

Unfortunately it'll likely mean that I'll never see the $1000 that he owes me but that may just have to be the sacrifice that I need to make.

LittleKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 08:27 PM   #123  

S/C/G: 117.7/63.7/60

Height: 168

The 12s were a bit big actually - bought 3 x size 10 pants tonight! One jeans, one jeggings, one work pants. I am watching Biggest Loser and about to head to the gym for an hour or two.
pacman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 11:19 PM   #124  
Am I a senior too?

S/C/G: 74/64.2/58

Height: 153cm

OMG GEN size 10 woohooo BIATCH lol.

Julia, I think its not just the fact that he is doing this around you but doing it in someone elses home fullstop where he has been taken in and givenm a break. why couldnt they have gone to HER place?

It would be a little like a kick in the face
7senuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 02:54 AM   #125  
It's ME!

Von it's amazing, he genuinely thinks I'm being unreasonable. He just doesn't get why he should have to move out just because he's met someone. Honestly!
Old 02-09-2011, 06:24 AM   #126  

Well more to the point, why on earth should he stay at your mother's if he no longer has a relationship with you (or her)? He should be grateful for the time he's had already!
Old 02-09-2011, 06:01 PM   #127  
Am I a senior too?

S/C/G: 74/64.2/58

Height: 153cm

Quote:
Originally Posted by augigi View Post
Well more to the point, why on earth should he stay at your mother's if he no longer has a relationship with you (or her)? He should be grateful for the time he's had already!
7senuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 07:04 PM   #128  
It's ME!

Exactly right ladies! It boggles my tiny mind that he thinks I'm being unreasonable. Anyway, he says he's started looking so here's hoping he'll be outta there soon.

Last night I had a lovely 2 hour pamper package - foot reflexology, full body massage and a facial. So nice! Tonight it's back into the training and I'm going to attempt an 8km run.

Wish me luck!

Old 02-09-2011, 08:11 PM   #129  

Just make sure you give him a deadline, so he can't move slowly or drag it out!

Finally my 3 month wait for my appt with GI doc is here tomorrow morning... hoping he can sort out my damn reflux.

Forgot to say - you inspired me Julia and last night at the gym I did a few intervals of walking for 4 mins then jogging for 2-3 mins. I was ready to stop when the clock ticked over, but not out of breath and it wasn't "hard", just my legs got tired. Will have to do more jogging now - can't walk much faster and too scared to increase the incline too much in case I stir up my achilles. I might actually download the couch to 5k thingy - I did it once before but gave up before finishing.. I would love to be able to run 5km. Or even 1km haha. I walk at 6kph (4 mph) and jogged at 8kph (5mph) so pretty slow but wanted to start off slow.

Last edited by pacman12; 02-09-2011 at 09:12 PM.
Old 02-10-2011, 02:26 AM   #130  
It's ME!

Awesome stuff Gen good for you! It's important to start off slow and build your way up - nobody can be expected to run long and fast straight off the bat!

I remember a couple of years ago when I first tried jogging on a treadmill I could only manage about 1 minute at a time. I eventually got up to jogging for an hour and that was an awesome feeling. Then when I started jogging outdoors I felt like I was starting from scratch again, it was so much harder! But once again, I've built up slowly and I'm very proud to say that I jogged 8km tonight!! It took me 65 minutes so not only is it further than I've done before (excluding the one off when I did the half marathon last year) I've also improved my speed because I had been doing 7km in about an hour.

Looking forward to making it up to 10km!

Old 02-10-2011, 06:53 PM   #131  

Wow - 8km? That seems quick since you restarted, good stuff! I can't imagine ever doing that much!

Last edited by pacman12; 02-26-2011 at 11:37 PM.
Old 02-11-2011, 06:13 AM   #132  
No excuses this time!

Gen - Wow!!! Size 10! What did that feel like? Hopefully you get your reflux situation sorted out soon. The scope down your throat does not sound pleaseant but hopefully you'll get some answers.

Julia - I can't believe your ex... what is thinking? That is just plain rude. Here's hoping he finds something this weekend!

Von - how are you going?

This week has been tiring. I went to PT both sessions this week and the trainer has upped the level of intensity. I am just glad he forgot to give us push ups last night LOL. I love the new boxing routines he is giving us though, it is a good workout and makes the time fly by.

Monday is looming though. I am keeping positive thoughts. I just can't wait to find out what is happening with Liam and custody. Last night we had a dreadful night. He was up wheezing, like clockwork in Feb and Sept, he gets croup. He is at his dad's tonight... I just hope he is okay, I have asked that he ring me in the morning to let me know how he is. It is pretty scary and always starts when you are asleep. I hope his dad wakes if he is croupy again. I have drilled Liam in what to do in case of an emergency though... I hope he doesnt have to resort to that though.

Years ago, I passed out after cutting my hand, I faint at the sight of blood and intense pain. Liam was only 4 and he rang my parents and as my mum was talking Liam through things, I came round. My dad was here within minutes. He is a pretty mature 6, almost 7 year old. Something positive out of being an only child in a single parent family.

I am thinking of doing a challenge walk in March. If the weather is pleasant on Sunday - it may rain, I am going to go off and do a trial around the track.I will check out the times from last year and see if my time will be embarassing LOL Have a great weekend!
Old 02-11-2011, 06:19 AM   #133  
No excuses this time!

Gen - Wow!!! Size 10! What did that feel like? Hopefully you get your reflux situation sorted out soon. The scope down your throat does not sound pleaseant but hopefully you'll get some answers.

Julia - I can't believe your ex... what is thinking? That is just plain rude. Here's hoping he finds something this weekend!

Von - how are you going?

This week has been tiring. I went to PT both sessions this week and the trainer has upped the level of intensity. I am just glad he forgot to give us push ups last night LOL. I love the new boxing routines he is giving us though, it is a good workout and makes the time fly by.

Monday is looming though. I am keeping positive thoughts. I just can't wait to find out what is happening with Liam and custody. Last night we had a dreadful night. He was up wheezing, like clockwork in Feb and Sept, he gets croup. He is at his dad's tonight... I just hope he is okay, I have asked that he ring me in the morning to let me know how he is. It is pretty scary and always starts when you are asleep. I hope his dad wakes if he is croupy again. I have drilled Liam in what to do in case of an emergency though... I hope he doesnt have to resort to that though.

Years ago, I passed out after cutting my hand, I faint at the sight of blood and intense pain. Liam was only 4 and he rang my parents and as my mum was talking Liam through things, I came round. My dad was here within minutes. He is a pretty mature 6, almost 7 year old. Something positive out of being an only child in a single parent family.

I am thinking of doing a challenge walk in March. If the weather is pleasant on Sunday - it may rain, I am going to go off and do a trial around the track.I will check out the times from last year and see if my time will be embarassing LOL Have a great weekend!
Old 02-11-2011, 05:17 PM   #134  

S/C/G: 209/201.8/155

Height: 163cm

* tiptoes in wearing a wig and dark sunglasses, looks around - phew! nobody recognised me. Has a look around and wonders 'should I stay or sneak back out' *.

I've spent the last hour reading through your posts and feeling very guilty about my disappearing act. I don't even know what happened - except that I gave up on myself for a while there… for quite a while, I guess.

Does it surprise anyone that I have put on a fair bit of the weight I had lost?

Gen I am in awe of where you are at and I am really proud of your determination. Vonni you sound like you have lost a fair bit too, and Julia… an eight mile run? How far behind you all am I?

But I'm here, and for the last four weeks have been back to counting calories and trying to lose weight again. I'm being the usual boring Ani - slow and steady, but this time I want to learn what made me do so well and then stuff it all up.

Four weeks ago I weighed in at 91.6kg and at the moment I am 88.9kg, so I guess that's good progress. It's just so hard to get my head around the fact that I did this once already - and then I stuffed it up.

But I am determined to try. I don't like how I feel, or how I'm back in my 'fat clothes' - and when I saw a photo of me a few weeks ago I definitely did not like how I looked.

My first goal is to lose the first ten pounds (I'm weighing myself in pounds because the numbers drop more quickly ). I go to Bali again four weeks from now and I really want that first ten pounds to be gone by the time I get on that plane.

I will try, I promise, to not run away again!
PerthChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 06:32 PM   #135  

I'm very mad at you.