Old 05-25-2011, 04:44 PM   #226  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Ok, good luck Live! I am rushing to get out. I will start something today too. Don't know exactly what but it will be one of the usual, probably keeping a food journal. I always think I'm doing so much better than I actually am. Perceived Effort does NOT equal Actual Effort!!
redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 08:16 PM   #227  
Never give up

Well, I did start with the journaling and realize that my intake on a busy day is utter crap. No wonder I don't have adequate energy and no wonder my body is looking for more food. I fill it with junk. Ok, blah, blah, Day 1 is done. Now to continue as well as try to up the quality.

Live, how are you doing out there?
Old 05-28-2011, 09:08 AM   #228  
Never give up

Well, I was watching my eating, meaning I could have recorded it but just didn't write it down. Have been so busy....but I really must write it down so I can see the longterm damage....
Ok, will try this again.....starting Sunday.

Old 05-28-2011, 07:28 PM   #229  

Hey Red! Good to see you back! I hope life is treating you well!
I just wandered back here because I was thinking about increasing my commitment to weight lifting, and I am going to check the exercise threads for some ideas. Right now I'm just doing a circuit routine with hydraulic machines and I think I would prefer something where I can have more control over how much I can lift. I also gained back a few puonds from the flu. The only thing I've really been sticking to is the running, although I need to run almost 15 miles in 4 days to meet my goal for the month. I should be able to do it, but it's going to be tough. So I don't think I'm going to start a challenge right this minute, but I will start thinking about one!
Hi LLL! Hope your challenge is going well!
Apple Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 03:14 PM   #230  

S/C/G: 204/see ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Hi Red - I've been very busy, and have also noticed that I tend to eat not-so-healthy foods throughout the day. I have been staying within my calorie range, but I could definitely be using some more filling foods. Today is Day 5, and I used 1 pause day yesterday leaving me with 2 pause days left. I'm hoping to stay in my calorie range for today, but it will be slightly difficult as it is a family BBQ, with not so many healthy foods available. We shall see. Good luck on your journaling!

Hi Apple, good luck with the exercising!
Live Laugh Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 04:02 AM   #231  
Never give up

Hi, Apple, Live! Actually, I like Apple's LLL, so will use that...
Well, things have fallen by the wayside and I am really aghast at my unhealthy lifestyle for a good year now. Junk food, smoking, drinking, less and less exercise. It's so NOT me, really. And I really look and feel awful but don't know whether to attribute that simply to age, or my mental and emotional down-in-the-dumps state or if a lot of that's due to the other.
I guess, like everything, it's a combination and now that I'm over the hill agewise, it all shows up so much more...yuck. Sigh.
I am so busy right now, juggling 4-5 jobs but still suffering from a severe lack of money because of the months and months with no work....
I really have to commit to a healthier lifestyle so I can pull out of this sludge.
I will try to get serious about the journaling for now, since I CAN do that no matter how busy. And not just journaling, but trying to work in "healthy" as well.
LLL, you're doing well so far! Keep up the good work!
Apple, congrats on the running. Hope you make your May goal. Here, we only have a few hours left before it's June. Wow, where has the year gone?
Old 05-31-2011, 01:59 PM   #232  

S/C/G: 204/see ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Okay, so today is now Day 2 for me. I had a BBQ at a family members house Sunday and forgot to count dinner, so I started over. I've been feeling bad the past few days, with today being the worse so far, but have actually continued to eat healthier foods. I am so proud of myself as when I am sick I usually end up eating fast food (because I just get whatever I am craving when I am sick). Hopefully I will continue on this track. I'm really hoping I will start feeling better by this weekend, as I will be able to start exercising much more often as I will be off of work for the summer!

Red- I also have those days when I look and feel awful, and I cannot attribute it to age as I am only 24, so I know it is because of my unhealthy choices and the stress that I have been under this year. This year was my first time working full time and attending school full time (Grad school). It really took a toll on me this year as I am definitely an emotional eater. I ended up getting to my highest weight ever. So this summer I will really be kicking it into gear. I have 2 summer classes, but no work at all, so I will be spending my spare time exercising. Starting Saturday (if I'm feeling better and not coughing up a lung) I will be exercising 6-7 days a week with various exercises. I will also be home more and therefore will be more in control of what is available to eat. I'm hoping the summer will help me to develop healthy habits.
Live Laugh Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 10:05 PM   #233  

Still no challenge, but I am almost done with my running. I just have to run 2 miles tomorrow, before I go to work. Easy-peasy.
I did not eat right over the week-end either. Man, I wonder what I'd look like if I didn't at least run. Next time I make it to the gym I hope to try a few new exercises, and after my daughter told me I'm too fat do do a headstand, I am determined to do one daily. I've tried once so far and with my husbands help I made it. I don't intend to be able to do a free-standing one, just a leaning against the wall one. It's hard! I have a lot of weight to support!!
Red, I am still in denial about my age affecting my looks & health, but I'm 46 now, so I guess that needs to be factored in. Right now I am having a serious debate with myself regarding my hair which is beginning to gray. To dye or not to dye? I have done very little with my hair all my life, I just trim it now and then, so the hair coloring commitment would be something totally new to me. Meh.
Hope all is well with you, Red & LLL!
Apple Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 07:14 AM   #234  

Hello! I'm here, been away and been feeling lousy.
So, here is my challenge.
Eat to live for the next 21 days. Eat as if your life depended on every bite. Stay on your Weight Watcher program, but make the best possible choices.
This is war.
derrydaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 01:01 PM   #235  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Hi everyone -

Red - I hope you're doing okay. Are you eating healthier and minimizing smoking/drinking?

Derry - I LOVE your "Eat as if your life depended on every bite" because for me, it sure as heck does.

Apple and LLL - are you both still doing okay?

My challenge:

At least 15 min. of exercise every day (walking, physical therapy exercises, water aerobics, ball Zumba, vigorous housecleaning) - biggest requirements: 15 minutes straight, heart rate up and break a sweat. 1 pause allowed

3 servings of veggies every day - 2 pauses allowed

64 ounces of water every day - 3 pauses allowed
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 02:44 PM   #236  

Hi guys. Starting over today, I guess. I lost my way. How many times will I lose my way and come back before I get this right?
Day one.
Journal all food. Fruit, veggies before cookies!
Old 06-22-2011, 06:48 AM   #237  
Creating a Healthier Me

Hey everyone -

Derry - Don't count the number of times you lose your way...as you as you come back, that's all that matters!

I had a really good Day 1:
3 servings of veggies every day - 1 day complete, 2 pauses left
64 ounces of water every day - 1 day complete, 3 pauses left
15 min of activity - (housecleaning) - 1 day complete, 1 pause left
Old 06-22-2011, 07:03 AM   #238  

Day two here for me, I plan to journal all food and no cookies shall pass these lips!
Fruits and veggies!
Old 06-23-2011, 12:39 PM   #239  
Creating a Healthier Me

Hi Derry, LLL, Red and everyone!!

I hope you're all doing well!!

I had a really good Day 2
3 servings of veggies every day - 2 days complete, 2 pauses left
64 ounces of water every day - 2 days complete, 3 pauses left
15 min of activity - (housecleaning) - 2 days complete, 1 pause left

And I even completed Day 3 already today (Thursday):
3 servings of veggies every day - 3 days complete, 2 pauses left
64 ounces of water every day - 3 days complete, 3 pauses left
15 min of activity - (walking on my lunch break) - 3 days complete, 1 pause left

Last edited by diyana; 06-23-2011 at 12:39 PM.
Old 06-23-2011, 02:07 PM   #240  

Day 3... journal - check! Veggies/fruits - check!
No cookies, but there was birthday cake. : (
What can you do when your uncle turns 87 years old and there is a cake? It was a tiny piece. So, it's not a cookies, but I count if as breaking my efforts.
Tomorrow will be day 1 again for me, I guess.