Old 01-26-2011, 06:41 PM   #136  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Quick post here as I have to run. I was a bit too far over my calorie limit yesterday to allow it so I'll call a pause. I weighed myself a week ahead of schedule and am below my weight-loss goal. Now, that is NOT an excuse to goof off. No! My starting weight was unusually high I think. Instead, I will keep the initial forecast and also add a special goal for next week based on the actual progress. I won't revise my calorie allotment just yet, though I think it is a bit too low.
No time to comment derry and Apple, but I see that the population of Tokyo is 12.5 million during the night and 15 million in the day when all the commuters come in. A lot of the people toppling off train platforms are drunk but a lot aren't. I agree it's a gruesome way to go. But, I understand it as it's fast and maybe they want some sort of attention. Unfortunately, the family often has to pay the cleanup costs. OK, let's get off the subject, but before that...yes, the rate is very, very high. Over 32,000 last year committed suicide. Figure that out per day and it's pretty unbelievable.

Calorie Awareness Challenge -- Day 13 completed

Calorie-Limit Challenge -- Day 7 completed 1 pause taken

Last edited by redballoon; 01-26-2011 at 06:47 PM.
redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 08:27 PM   #137  
Never give up

Thumbs up

I was a bit higher than I would have liked yesterday as far as my calories went, but I'm allowing it. No more weighing until next Wednesday. It really is a bother being aware of the calories I consume but it is SO easy to eat double or triple the amount. I can really pack them in.
What I am doing now, is realizing how I can cut back without really feeling all that deprived. I think my stomach is starting to get used to the idea of not having so much food too. I think my sleeping is more restive too.
How is everybody? Very quiet around here again.....

Calorie Awareness Challenge -- Day 14 completed

Calorie-Limit Challenge -- Day 8 completed 1 pause taken
Old 01-28-2011, 05:46 PM   #138  
Never give up

Not much support these days..... Oh well, I'm back with my "serious mind"....had lost it there for a bit but was still keeping the calories down.
My body is at a horrible point now. I have lost weight and so the skin is hanging and I look worse than before. Also, I have less instantly accessible power at the gym so I tend to drag. It was strange yesterday. I was dragging but then on the walk home I found some power and was ready to do more...but was already home. I think it was the food I ate, some overly processed junk that I'd eaten because the calories were low. It's not worth it. The junk affects everything. Wow, what a challenge to not only keep the calories low but to NOT eat chemical garbage that is pushed on the market as food!
So, I'm just going to ignoring the bodily sags and hope time will tighten things up. Problem is my face goes too. It's really noticeable to me and makes me feel like...damn, what's the reward for losing weight? But, heck, I'm keeping at it...just have to.

Calorie Awareness Challenge -- Day 15 completed

Calorie-Limit Challenge -- Day 9 completed 1 pause taken

Last edited by redballoon; 01-28-2011 at 05:50 PM.
Old 01-29-2011, 06:59 PM   #139  
Never give up

Did everyone just drop out? What goes?!!

Anyhow, I had to take a pause yesterday. I was doing really well till evening but went out for a few drinks with a friend. I even was good then, substituting lower-calorie spirits for brew and only eating vegetables and tofu. But when I got home, I kind of lost it. Didn't tally the calories yet but know I am way over. At least I counted them. So, I got another day on the one challenge but have to take another pause on the calorie limit one.

Calorie Awareness Challenge -- Day 16 completed

Calorie-Limit Challenge -- Day 9 completed 2 pauses taken
Old 01-29-2011, 09:43 PM   #140  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Hey Red, sounds like you are doing great! As for work stress, at least it's probably better than lack of work stress. Sorry I was away for so long....with my back problems....I wasn't good for any challenges. I'll come up with some challenges. I'm really proud of how great you're doing with the gym and eating.
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 06:46 PM   #141  
Never give up

No, derry, NOT doing great. In here all alone for days, I lost all resolve. Things suck and well...both challenges fell.....
Old 01-31-2011, 10:31 PM   #142  
Never give up

I am restarting the calorie limit challenge. I am going to up the base to 1,800 so I don't feel like I'm always going over but allowing it. 1,500 is just too low. My weight is up, but still on track with the original forecast of half a kilo a week.

Calorie-Limit Challenge -- Day 0 completed 0 pauses taken
Old 02-01-2011, 08:40 AM   #143  

Good morning from NH! Sorry I disappeared. One snow storm after the next blends in and I lost track of where I was.
I completed round 2....

So, today is a new challenge.
I'm changing it a bit, but the intent is still there.

round 3, day one.... Dancing days are here again, BUT I may choose to substitute another form of exercise for the dancing such a snow shovelling (darn) and also my treadmill. The intent is to force myself to have some form of exercise. But, if you spend two hours shovelling heavy snow, you do not have to also add the dance to it all... I'm exhausted to be truthful.

round 1, day 1 (I keep trying...) Track all my food intake and be true to myself. Try hard to be on track with WW points and eat what you should eat and stop using snow storms as an excuse to eat all the comfort food and blow it.

Note: We have waist deep snow in the yard and we are supposed to get almost another 2 feet of snow today. I'm sad. I want it all to go away and I'm so DONE with winter. Why does all the snow have to come when my husband is away all week and why am I left alone to deal? Why????
Thanks for "listening" to my rant.

'nuf said... back to work....
derrydaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 06:58 AM   #144  
Never give up

Things are not working out yet.....am going to just restart the calorie watch challenge and save the limit for another few days...

Calorie-Awareness Challenge -- Day 0 completed 0 pauses taken
Old 02-02-2011, 04:07 PM   #145  

Hello! Sorry for dropping out momentarily. I finished the Dog walk challenge!! And now I am trying to think up something new. I am thinking I might try a no beer challenge again. It's worth a shot I guess. And a calorie limit. Maybe 1500. I was so frustrated with myself yesterday so I fasted for 24 hrs. I had coffee with milk in it so it wasn't perfect, but other than that I just drank lemon water. I actually feel really good and was considering another day of it but I have too much food at home that will spoil if I don't eat it. So I am trying to be super healthy today and hopefully this will put me back on track.
RED! You are really doing great! Hanging skin Whoo! I'm looking forward to some of my own. Tee-hee. Don't fret about a few bad days. Just get back to work!
Derry, I'm sorry about the weather! I remember when I lived back east I always looked forward to the first warm days when the snow would start to melt. Out here I look forward to the first cool days in the fall....Good luck with the food tracking, you can do it!
Apple Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 10:01 PM   #146  
Never give up

Wow...I just couldn't stop eating yesterday. Too much anxiety about new work...sudden, news coverage stuff. Never know what the topic will be. Never know when it will come up. Wish me luck.

Still, I did write it ALL down yesterday and boy was it a lot...
So, let's say the new challenge started yesterday (Thursday Feb. 3). We have liftoff, Houston...

Calorie-Awareness Challenge -- Day 1 completed 0 pauses taken
Old 02-04-2011, 01:28 PM   #147  

No Beer, Day 3 completed, 2 pauses left.
Stretch for at least 5 min, Day 0 completed, 2 pauses left.
I've decided that the most important thing for me to do physically is stretch. If I can limber up a bit I can hopefully run further, which would be awesome. I plan on the triathalon again in Sept and a half marathon in Oct. I should probably find something a little sooner though. Maybe a late April/early May event.
I would say for the last couple of days my eating has been "controlled", but I don't feel like it's been enough. Meh.
Red, glad you have lift off! Go for it!
Apple Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 06:01 PM   #148  
Never give up

Been totally on the skid for a few days now....got to try to get some semblance of control back....

Go Steelers!!!!!
Old 02-07-2011, 03:28 PM   #149  
Never give up

Wrote down food and calculated calories yesterday. This is the most I can manage. So, make that my challenge.

Calorie awareness challenge Day 1 completed
Old 02-08-2011, 06:16 PM   #150  
Never give up

Not good on the calories. I can't believe how much I stuff in my face. What goes?
Really got to get this into control. It's all the high-calorie stuff. But, of course, how can I eat fruit and vegetables when there are none in sight and I'm on the trains hungry for hours on end? ...or in an office or trying to snatch food at a desk and have no time to prepare food etc. etc. Well, I suppose those are the questions that MUST be answered, not ignored, not given up on.....

Calorie awareness challenge Day 2 completed