Excercise, Diet and Support - Page 8 - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2002, 10:09 AM   #106  
I will make it!

Angry Good Morning My favorite Health Girls

Yesterday was a not so good eating day...ok Girls sit back and get a load of this...drum role please: I started breakfast with a custard tart....I had prepared a eggwhite and ham breakfast but just couldnt eat it...wouldnt go down the throat...So I had cream cheese and bread to go along with that custard tart....then for lunch,I had a horrible frozen dinner ...just gross...so I felt sorry for myself....I met up with my friend to go see Harry Potter but it was all sold out...the time slot we wanted to go see it in...so we went for dessert instead...had an orange juice and a large oatmeal cookie.....so we went back to her place and the three of us rented a movie and I had tortilla chips...salsa...baby carrots and dip...made with mayonaise...and lots and lots of fat pepsi.....needless to say...at the end of my soiree....I had ingested 1988 calories and 74 grams of fat! And...I did not exercise....On the good side, I cleaned my house for two hours...heavy duty cleaning and according to fitday...I spent 320 cals doing that...I also walked around downtown for about an hour although not at a quick pace.

Today, is a new day, I will eat healthily...my body deserves and needs good nutrition....that is my plan of action.

welcome back WI-Wide....we are a great bunch of ladies. Oh Mikki...how wonderful for you....you see, my eating regularly and exercising...you have increased your metabolism...thats the key to weightloss...if you dont eat regularly...your metabolism slows down cause your body is in starvation mode....you are on your way to a healthier thinner you....I send you a big hug of congratulations....Oh ...can I clone your husband...he's seems amazingly supportive....its nice to have support especially from your significant other.

LadyRider...that poem is exactly what I needed to start the day right...thank you.

Cjunk...yes we have tons of snow outside...woke up this morning to it...I think it started snowing late last night and boy has it pilled up outside...kinda fun...it puts me in a christmas mode
I know your Mom meant well, but you have to believe that you will be a healthy weight because you have the control and power to do this....you have chosen a lifestyle that you enjoy....yes maintenance has its challenges but you will do it....you will remember how healthy and energetic you feel...how your clothes fit...how comfortable you feel in your clothes....how good you look...And, you will be the person you want to be because you want that for yourself...it is important to you and you are a smart, pro-active gal....Lots of reasons for you to stay inshape...and as you age, your body will thank you.
Old 11-17-2002, 11:52 AM   #107  

Good morning ladies

Got up and went for my morning walk thinking it would make me feel better. Not today, I feel even worse than I did before I went but at least I gave it a try. Had eggwhites for breakfast don't feel like cooking so who knows what I will eat for dinner!

Cjunk, congratulations on reaching your goal! I've never had eating dreams. I have had times when I would be craving something and could taste it! That cheese cake sounds wonderful. I'm going to keep an eye open for it. Hiking seems like so much fun. I wish we had trails here. Your mom meant well. Mine is the same way, saying whatever's on her mind but not meaning any harm.

Cyan, I agree I couldn't do it either if I had to only eat certain foods.

Ladyrider, Thanks for the poem. I too get so determined at times that I don't care if it's raining, cold, or whatever I have to get out an exercise.

MikiG, great going on your airwalker ! Don't worry before long you'll be on it and wondering where the time went.

Welcome and nice to meet you Pat and WI-wide.

Reina and Annie how are you doing?

Big
One day at a time
Old 11-17-2002, 07:07 PM   #108  

Hello everyone Another good day today, thank goodness.

PreciousOne, you're right....I actually stayed on my Air Walker for 40 minutes today!!! That's a major accomplishment for me. Normally I do 3 separate 5 minute sessions. This time I did 20 minutes, took a 2 minute break to stretch out my foot (which I have problems with at times) and got back on for 20 minutes more. I think it was easier because I'm so pumped up with excitement from losing lbs and inches this week which I havent done in ages. I put on some mushy, romantic stuff ( AirSupply, Barry Manilow, and Lionel Richie..ya'll dont laugh lol) kept my eyes closed and dreamed away. Seemed like no time before I was finished.

Cyan, I'm using Fitday.com to log everything as you know. But what do you do when you eat out or have something you have no idea what all the ingredients are? For example, today at lunch, I had a big bowl of my sister's homemade soup. I doubt even SHE could tell me what all was in it. So I dont know how to log it. There have been a few times I've had something that I know the total calories per serving but maybe not the breakdown and it wont let me customize without all those details. Also, sometimes the food I"m looking for in there will have "NFS" out beside it. What does that mean??? So far, anything I dont know for sure, I"m just "guestimating" lol I dont like doing that tho.

How is everyone else doing today?? Great I hope. The weekend is quickly passing unfortunately but today was another beautiful day out.

Working late tomorrow plus son's basketball game so not sure I'll be able to check in, but I wish you all an unusually productive and cheery Monday. ( personally I hate them )

Cant wait to get back here. (((((((((Hugs to everyone)))))))))))))

MIKI

PS...WIDE!!! So glad you're back!!! I emailed you a few days ago to say I missed you but it came back I later realized I had typed in the addy wrong. Sorry. Dont worry about having a bad week or two...I had 100s of those so I know you can get back in there and get on track!! Just dont give up!! I'm here for you anytime. Believe me, I know exactly how you feel. Together we can accomplish anything tho. Remember that ok??
Old 11-17-2002, 08:54 PM   #109  

Hello All,

So great to read your everyone's postings today. Annie and Reina-Mia are you there???

Cyan, you are the best at kicking us all in the butt when we need it, but I think that one bad day is not the end of the world. It sounds like you also incorporated exercise into your day naturally. You said that you planned to get right back on track and we will hold you to it!! If not there will be a lot of from us!

MikiG--40 minutes of exercise is fantastic!! Keep up the great work

Next to Fitday, I have also found a great website called: www.foodcount.com --the find a food section is free and maps out averages in calories etc. for foods entered. Not everything is there but it is pretty good.

I didn't really exercise today other than a brisk housecleaning and laundry session--but I had a good eating day with a tray of veggie sushi for dinner and lots of water. Yesterday was a vigorous exercise day and I managed 6 days last week without counting today so I think I'll be okay without the one day. Feel a little more sluggish though.

My boyfriend and I are making a lot of our Christmas gifts this year. We are sewing quite a few things--he can sew!! I help plan out and cut patterns etc. and buy fabric and supplies and he is sewing it. We make a great team and are making some really neat gifts. The fabric for all of our gifts cost only 30.00 and the patterns are designed by us (nothing complicated), so I think it will be a fun Christmas. That and cleaning has been keeping me busy all day today. I also wrapped the stuff that we made so far because I hate rushing in December--I guess the snow got me in the mood!!

I am going out with some friends tomorrow night for dinner after work and am determined to order a chicken salad with lowfat dressing. Restaraunts can be challenging and this one is a roadhouse type place which is even harder but I will do my best.

I have to incorporate a long walk into my lunch hour tomorrow because I may get home too late to get to the pool. But I will head there if I get time! Looking forward to the girls night out!!!

Talk to you all soon!!

Cjunk
Old 11-17-2002, 09:11 PM   #110  

Cjunk, thanks for the new site info! I"ll definitely check it out. Sounds like you had a really fun day working on Christmas stuff. I have got to get myself in the mood soon too. Too bad I am not creative like you. I cant even sew on a button. lol I have a friend who hems pants for me when needed. And I ALWAYS wait til the last minute to wrap.
Well, hope you have a great upcoming week! Bye for now...MIKI
Old 11-18-2002, 01:36 AM   #111  

Hi again
Just got in from work and decided to pop in before bed.

Congrats again Miki. Keep it up. Fitday is great I've been using it for the past two months. Whenever I don't know exactly how many calories something has I try to find the closest thing to it and then add an extra amount to be on the safe side or if I know what's in it I find each individual thing.

Cjunk seems like you and your boyfriend had a great time. I was going to make bath baskets but got lazy and decided not to. I'm going to give the site you mentioned a try.

Talk to you all later this morning.
Old 11-18-2002, 10:05 AM   #112  
I will make it!

Angry Morning Ladies

This weekend calorie wise was not so hot...I chose better foods on Sunday but I was still over my usual 1500 cals and acutally ate 2000 cals.... On the up side....I exercised like a mad woman...I burned off 500 cals for a distance of 10.5km ...took me 40 minutes of intense pedalling...so I guess when you average out...its back down to 1500 cals.

Today is monday, back to the usual food intake...weekends for me are a little harder...but I'll get the hang of it. This morning, it took be for ever to get to work...had to thrudge through so much snow...when I finally made it to my office, I was in a full sweat...30 minute uphill, snow laden walk....you just gotta love winter storms.

Cjunk thanks for that info about that new site...will take a look
Mikki...that fantasy music exercising is amazing...I'm right there with you on that one...You just dream away...I'm usually this very famous singer...on stage...belting out tunes to a huge adoring audience....its amazing how fast the time flies and how fast you peddle

So whats on tap for everyone today....does anyone want to come up with a holiday challenge that starts now and finishes in the new year...kinda like a pre-new year resolution? Lets get some ideas on the table.....Should it be a goal oriented challenge, exercise, food? Please lets get a challenge going....I think it may be beneficial to us...keep us accountable so that we dont go willy nilly over the holidays...ok let me know.

Hey Annie, reina_mia, PreciousOne...and all....hope your weekends were good...looking forward to reading your posts. Patty lets us know how your weekend went.

Cyan
Old 11-18-2002, 01:45 PM   #113  

Hello, My name is Lisa. I'm new. I've been posting at the 20 Somethings thing and didn't understand that starting a new thread everytime you wanted to say something was wrong, instead of joining a thread....and so anyway, someone kind of griped at me.
Cyan, sent me a message about this thread and it sounded perfect! I've been reading all of the entries and you all sound so motivated. That is exciting. I would love to join you and will definitely be up to a pre-new year resolution.
Let me tell you all a little bit about me. I am 27. I've been married for 6 years and we have a 5 year old daughter and a 3 year old son. I'm going to school now and will begin the nursing program in January. I need to loose about 45 to 50 pounds. I've been going to the gym 4 to 5 times a week to do 20 minute cardio and upper/lower body weights every other day. I always finish up my gym time with a sit in the sauna. That's my reward. I'm trying to stay within my WW points even though I'm not going anymore to the meetings. I started WW in August at 199.5 pounds and now I'm at 186, so I feel I've gotten off to a good start.
I was just telling my hubby at lunch that I would like to lose 10 pounds by Dec 19 and then maintain that weight until New Years.
I can't wait to hear everyone's pre-new year resolution ideas and I definitely can't wait to get some weight loss buddies. Looking forward to getting to know all of you better and I hope we can all be "losers" together!

Lisa
Old 11-18-2002, 03:01 PM   #114  

Happy Monday All!

Annie-The eggbeaters are unbelieveable. The southwestern brand is great, I highly recommend them with mini Sara-Lee bagels(2).. That candy bar story was something else!!!

MikiG-I am glad you feel the same way. I just can't believe how supportive this group has been. I love the fact that I can come here and stress out right in front of everyone, and it is ok! Where if I would do that with any member of my family. They would be ready to put me in the funny farm!

LadyRider- I know how hard a restaurant can be on my self esteem. My husband, son and I went to an italian restaurant this weekend,and I just couldn't believe how big the portions are. But guess what,
I told him, that I heard somewhere that places like this is the reason for so much of the population being overweight. The portions that these restaurants give you is unbelieveable..
So what I do now, is ask for a small plate. I then only put on the plate what I need to eat, and ask them to bag the rest. I don't remember who told me this, but it is a fabulous idea. And I didn't go over my calorie intake then, and I don't feel bad when I leave the restaurant.
*****This is my way of going out on the weekends and not feeling as if I am depriving myself of the good foods********

Cjunk & Cyan, you two are truly an inspiration! keep up the good work! Sorry I got lost for the weekend. I didn't have anytime to think or post. I went back to the dentist, yes, I am crazy for more dental work on Saturday, and I have been in pain since.

Welcome Lisa, WI_wide & Pat. I am sure you are going to love this loop. Everyone here is so supportive and friendly.

Have a great week everyone, and I hope to talk to you again soon.
Old 11-18-2002, 03:18 PM   #115  
I will make it!

Default PRE-NEW YEARS RESOLUTION

Hey Ladies...please read this post and give it some thought...I would like to challenge everyone to a pre-new years resolution...the holiday season is upon us and I suspect that we might need an extra incentive to keep us on track.

Lets get some ideas on the table quickly....

I'm suggesting a weigh in or a measure chart...you dont have to post it if you dont feel uncomfortable...this is not the aim here to make you feel uncomfortable but to keep you accountable. The aim of the pre new years resolution would be to either maintain your weight or measurements and loose...If you loose....all the better, but if you maintain...thats good too...what we dont want to do...is ruin our success thus far. So, how does everybody feel about doing this challenge...or if somebody had a better one or something to add, please do...so get back to me with your ideas!

I look forward to hearing your challenge ideas

Cyan
Old 11-18-2002, 03:24 PM   #116  

I'm in! When and how do we start?
Old 11-18-2002, 03:36 PM   #117  
SW164 CW138 24lbs to Goal

Hello Everyone!
Welcome WI-wide! Your three days out of town sound like a nightmare! But itís over now and Iíll bet you will do much better with this group of winners behind you!
Cjunk. I could just picture the beautiful scenery you went hiking through. Glad to see you have set new goals, thatís the way to keep on track. Momís mean well, but they sure can say the right things the wrong way sometimes. Please donít take it to heart, and donít think ďForeverĒ you know all you have to do is take it one day at a time. Your boyfriend sounds awesome! He can sew Ė amazing. It sounds like youíre having a wonderful time and making some great memories as well as Christmas gifts.
Cyan Ė I smile everytime I write your name because itís my granddaughterís name too. She spells hers Cyanne. Glad you liked the poem. Donít feel bad about falling off the wagon, I did the same thing yesterday. On the other had, it sure sounds like you made up for it in your exercise session! Way to Go! I agree we need a challenge to get us through the holidays. I do a lot of baking during this time and itís going to be very tempting to over do the eating.
Hey Prescious! Glad you did your morning walk, even if it didnít make you feel better. How are you doing today? Better, I hope.
MikiG! Congratulations on losing those inches and pounds! And on building your endurance! Keep up the good work! Isnít it exciting! And isnít it great that weíve all found our individual way to exercise and eat right and yet weíre all succeeding?
Lisathemommy! Howdy and Welcome! We promise not to gripe at you. Sounds like you gotten off to a very good start! And youíre definitely on the right track with going to the gym, plus WW point system is a great way to lose weight. It sounds like youíre going to fit in here just fine!
My sweet brother-in-law of the past 40 years passed away from cancer yesterday, so I had a rough day and ate junk food all day long. Not good coping skills, but at least I was fully aware and clearly made the decision to eat junk. Now, on the good side, I also made the decision to exercise, so I ran in the morning and rode the bike in the evening. You know, girls, I never would have gotten back on that bike if we didnít have that first exercise challenge. So I gotta say Thank you! I now ride twice a week in addition to running 5 times a week. More good news! I weighed in to day and I have lost 2lbs and 3 inches! Yea!!! That makes a total of 16 pounds and 15 inches since I started this new life style September 18th. If you remember, I started with 50 lbs to lose and now only have Ė drum roll please Ėtada- 34lbs to go!
I really look forward to reading this thread every day, even if I donít have time to post, and I want to thank you all for being such a supportive and successful group. I feed off your determination and itís making me strong.
reina_mia - thanks for the excellent idea. Very clever and I will try it next time we eat out.
I'm like the Weigh in or Measure Chart Challenge, but because I do this already, I am also open to an additional challenge.
Old 11-18-2002, 07:41 PM   #118  

Hello,
No exercise today still feel awful. On a good note I'm so proud of myself went out of town late last night and car broke down on the way back. After 45 mins we finally made it to a service station. I was straved but instead of making a pig of myself with all the tempting junk food I chose a banana.

Count me in on the challenge. Cyan your idea sounds great.

LadyRider, sorry to hear about your brother-in-law. I'll keep you and your family in my prayers.

Hope everyone is having a good day.

Last edited by PreciousOne; 11-18-2002 at 07:43 PM.
Old 11-18-2002, 08:33 PM   #119  
Ex-Junkfood Junkie

Hello to everyone. Welcome to Pat, WI-Wide, and Lisa Glad you've joined us.
Sorry I haven't posted over the weekend. Tried to Sat. evening but for some reason I kept losing my reply when I tried to post it.

Glad to hear everyone is doing great. A big Congrats to Cjunk on your weight loss and those inches. Glad to hear that you got a good report from your doctor pertaining to your health. You're a great inspiration to me, I keep thinking about the measurements of your waist and I am determined to get mine there. I have about 3 to go now. Today was weigh in day, 3 more pounds gone and 1 inch from the waist. I have been steadily losing 3 pounds a week, I hope it keeps up. I want to thank you for all the motivation. You are so focused on exercise, even when you're not feeling up to it. Keep up the good work. Those ten extra pounds you want to lose will be a breeze. You've got the right outlook to make your additional goal. Congrats on reaching your first one.

Cyan, thanks for all the inspiration that keeps me getting on that bike. I no longer have any burning in my legs or arms so I guess it might be time to increase the resistance. I might need another kick in the behind to get me started.

Congrats to Miki and your weight loss. You are going about things in a good way. Moderation is the key to it all.

reina_mia, glad to hear from you. Thanks for the thumbs up on the egg beaters. I thought about buying some when I saw them but I'm a skeptic sometimes. I've been trying to find some other ideas for breakfast menus, I'll give the egg beaters a try. Thanks for your opionion of them. And by all means anytime you feel you need to vent feel free to let it all out to us. We are a very understanding bunch, in fact all of us go through some pretty strange things. If you need support you will find a lot of it here. Keep your chin up, you're doing great.

Precious One, sorry to hear you're not feeling well. You're in my prayers for brighter days ahead. That's awful that you were broke down for all that time. Sometimes life hands us a challenge in ways that we aren't expecting. You did great with your challenge. That banana was good for you, proud of you.

Pat, WI-Wide and Lisa, please feel free to jump in any place. We welcome you with open arms.
WI-wide, glad you followed the trail.

Cyan, great idea with the help during the holidays. I'm up for anything pertaining to that. I'm going to need all the help I can get. I feel comfortable posting weights, measurements, exercise sessions, etc. whatever everyone would like is fine with me. I think with all of us helping each other through the holidays we can stay with our goals a lot better. Seems like we have done a great job helping each other so far to stay on track. The holidays will be rough for a lot of us. So count me in on the holiday support. I'm getting pretty close to my goal, and with the holidays coming I feel like I might be hanging on to the edge of a cliff.

Lady Rider, thank you so much for the poem. It was very nice of you to share that with us. We all need to read things like that, sometimes the spirit needs some support as well.
I send my condolences to you and your family in the loss of your brother-in-law. May God Bless all of you and give you comfort during this time. Let us know if we can do anything. We're here for you.

I hope I didn't leave anyone out, there's been a lot of posts. Hard catching up after the weekend. I send a big hug to all of you, keep up the good work. We're going to make it together.
Stay Confident, Stay Motivated.
Old 11-18-2002, 09:13 PM   #120  
I will make it!

Default Good Evening Health nut ladies

LadyRider my heart felt sympathy for you and your family...I will say a prayer for you. My Kitty's name is Cyan...he's a male abyssinian and he is the love of my life...so affectionate he is...always full of kisses and hugs.

PreciousOne...yikes on the car breaking down...but super wow for picking a banana...what a wise choice...be proud in your accomplishments and for not stuffing your face.

Annie Annie Annie...how great you must feel to see your body changing before your very eyes....I am so inspired by you...you just get it...like Oprah would say...you have found your way to a healthier new you.

Reina_Mia...you are on the right track...finding ways to still enjoy your food is key to a life change...kudos on you.

Ok girls....and that means you too, Lisa, WI_Wide
Lets take our measurements or weight..whatever works for you...if you feel comfortable...post them..if not..thats ok too...we work my the honor system and the only person you cheat is yourself in the end...ok ...here it is....all measurements should be up by this saturday nov 23....a week before thanksgiving for our american friends....us canucks already had ours....and we will check back on jan 2, the day after the new years day. The challenge is not to gain weight....to maintain is very good and to lose weight is the top honors. How about exchanging pictures of us taken during the holidays....I would like very much to put faces to all you lovely ladies.

So by nov 23, the pre-new years resolutions specs should be noted. If you are measuring...chest, waist, upper thigh, calf and upper arm...if You weigh yourself ...I think you can handle this one

Hey Cjunk looking forward to hearing how your night went tonight.

Until then

Cyan
Closed Thread