Old 12-02-2010, 01:54 PM   #361  

Woooo Hoooo! I did do it and I am proud. 21 days of dancing and to be truthful on more than a few of those days, I just didn't feel like it.
This morning, day 1 of the new dance-a-thon challenge had me tired. I made that excuse and said... maybe a ONE DAY break in between the 21 day thing is a good thing. I can start new tomorrow.

Guess what? I did it again. Today is day 1. I couldn't be lazy. I was too proud of myself. So, here I go again.
I might allow Christmas day off but actually that will be after this 21 days ends. But, that is not for me to think about today. Today, I think about the fact that dancing was actually a good thing and the song my ipod shuffle gave me was perfect and fun.
Forever by Chris Brown.
Have ya'll seen the video?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-94JhLEiN0
It's a great dancin' song! : )
Enjoy and dance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by derrydaughter; 12-02-2010 at 01:54 PM.
derrydaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 10:34 PM   #362  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Cool

I am ashamed to say that I lost it yesterday with the eating. I really don't know why, but I am in quite a bad way these days with some awful personal shocks shaking my world and all the other problems, the lack of money being a HUGE one, I don't know...I just got so anxious feeling and started on the junk food and didn't want to stop. There's a lot o self-hate and the lack of freedom because I have to work to pay off debts and credit cards and don't even have my expenses covered. I really, really need some time away from here but that's looking further and further away. I feel so trapped.
Anyhow, I am determined not to get pulled down in the quicksand that is swallowing me. No panic! Stay calm. Secure your position by NOT making it worse.
Soooo, it's back to eating clean. I think a big part of the overeating of junk is that I am chemically just too sensitive to white suger. After all, they say it's like crack chemically and I am very sensitive to things. Well, wish me luck.... here goes another try.

No smoking -- Round 3 -- 16 days completed

Eat clean challenge -- Day 0 completed

derry -- I'm so glad you're coming back with another round. I think that really, really helps to do things a few times even if/though you're doing so well. Why not follow success with success? There is always time to mess up and I am happy to stay off smoking. I may think I'm free of the cigs but I know I'm not if I do it alone, meaning not committing to a challenge.
The video was great. What a wedding ceremony! I shared that link on Facebook. More weddings should be like that, all happy, not so solemn.

redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 07:21 AM   #363  
Never give up

I'm calling it early and going to bed. I did it!! I can't believe it. I actually ate great today!

No smoking -- Round 3 -- 17 days completed

Eat clean challenge -- Day 1 completed
Old 12-03-2010, 07:27 AM   #364  

Wasn't that video cool? I love how they did that dancing and the wedding felt like such a celebration and they all should be. Not everyone would have the guts to do that kind of thing, but it was great. The huge smile on that bride's face was perfect. Love that song too.
I'm sorry things are not going all the well for you, Red. I wish I could give you a big hug. This economy is truly world wide and we all have to try to do the best we can.
I'm glad to share the my husband got a raise last week, it's been 6 years since we had a raise in pay and let me tell you that the cost of living in the last six years has grown in leaps and bounds. This wasn't much of a raise, but finally something happened to break the endless cycle of us sinking deeper and deeper. So, if one company lifted a wage freeze, perhaps there are others that will do the same. It sure made me more hopeful. We sure can use the money with two kids in college.
At any rate, I dance again today and it is Round 2, Day 2. : )
I'm going to replay that same song from yesterday as I enjoyed dancing to it so much. But, I do two songs a day and who knows what the ipod shuffle will pick? Yesterday's other song was an old Led Zepplin song that I enjoyed too.

Last edited by derrydaughter; 12-03-2010 at 07:28 AM.
Old 12-03-2010, 06:32 PM   #365  
Never give up

Well, it's early here but I am determined to get to the gym before work. I couldn't sleep well last night because the one new cat escaped to the outside and there is no sign of her. I'm not optimistic. She was mentally messed up from whatever had happened to her. Her sister is fine. But I feel awful because I wish I had kept her in the cage longer. As it was though, she escaped from the cage and wouldn't go back in. There was no way I could have known. She is mental, would attack me suddenly after being seemingly OK. Being outside (and it's pretty cold now) will only make things worse, but there is no one to get this through to her, she is obviously traumatized. I can only hope that she will remember how to get back in and not go off too far in a mad panic.

Anyhow, my success yesterday with eating is totally marred by this and it all makes me so angry. Nothing is going well for me and I am utterly sick of it, really sick of it. I have not had to deal with this kind of anger is a long time but here it is again. There have been so many incredible setbacks and a lot of them came after I was really going out of my way and sacrificing myself and my resources to help. It's utter crap.

Well, I just have to kick on and I will use my anger to eat well again today even though it will be hard because I am away till late at night, with little but convenience stores to get any food. Those are always dangerous for reaching for junk, especially when I am tired and forced to be at work.

But, I will try to be CREATIVE instead of a mental clod when it comes to HOW I deal with those times....

derry, yes, the video was great. Some of the people could really move, especially the one of the first two guys. (I guess that's why they went first.) The crowd must have been astonished if it was a total surprise. After seeing this, I really wonder why nearly all people make their ceremonies so serious. Tradition, I guess. In today's world, we need all the joy we can create. Good for you for sticking to your challenge, derry, and thanks for the encouragement as far as my situation goes. These past months have really changed me and I hope I will come out for the better....not turn into some angry, bitter b!tch.

Last edited by redballoon; 12-03-2010 at 06:34 PM.
Old 12-04-2010, 07:59 AM   #366  
Never give up

Well, turning in...have work to do but am too tired. No sign of the cat....really puts a downer on everything. I got to the gym before work this morning and got a quick, but heavy weight workout in. Hurrah! The challenge was HARD, but I was good and I wrote it all down.

No smoking -- Round 3 -- 18 days completed

Eat clean challenge -- Day 2 completed
Old 12-04-2010, 08:18 AM   #367  

Red, if you have not discard scoopings from the litterbox, put those outside. A cat will know their scent and find territory based on that. It does work. I hope you find the cat, how sad.
I can get down and have had my share of bad times, in particular when I lost both my mom and dad within 4 months of each other. I couldn't seem to scrape myself off the floor. But, I was always reminding myself of that old saying "When the going get's tough, the tough get going".
I don't know all the circumstances you are in, but my best advice is to set goals and do one small thing each day towards that goal. It does make you feel accomplished.
The world is in turmoil and I think we all feel it, no matter where you are living. Try to find times to be peaceful. Put on soft music, breath deeply, light a candle. Pat one of those cats that you have been kind enough to take in. Pamper yourself with a great and healthy meal, not junk. What you put into your body as far as food goes, helps your entire "being".
I hope that is helpful.
As for me, I just spent at least an hour creating a playlist that I called "Dancin Days are here Again" and I will be able to find more danceable songs. I have tons of music and when I put my ipod on shuffle, I get songs that are not as great for dancing. This playlist has all upbeat songs and I think I am going to love it.
So, today is day 3, round 2
Old 12-04-2010, 06:52 PM   #368  
Never give up

Same time as when I posted yesterday morning. Considering going to the gym again before work. It felt good to have accomplished that yesterday, though workouts have never been a problem with me. It's the eating. I just fall into the junk rut too often. But with two days of success behind me now I am starting to feel a bit of pride about what I'm doing and THIS TIME I am going to ignore "results" and just concentrate on one day at a time for doing its sake, that's all! Determination. Consistency. These are key!

derry, there is no sign of the cat but someone ate a lot of the food I put out. That could be anyone though so I'm not optimistic. The woman who found her is into animal communicators and is going to have a session with one today. Whatever...
A Led Zeppelin fan, are you? she...sitting here with her Zep shirt on (for wearing under wraps at the gym) says. Dancing days are here again. Maybe I will put on some Zep too....I love my playlists at the gym, absolutely love them. Never a downbeat song, lots of power and energy. Wow! Marilyn Manson, Lunatic Calm, Rob Zombie, Black Sabbath, Velvet Revolver, Rage Against the Machine, Nirvana, Chemical Brothers, Linkin Park, AC/DC....just a sampling from my power playlist. They would no doubt be a little too hard core to dance to....you would likely end up head-banging, though you could do some cool African dance moves that would certainly heat things up...

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/80460835/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-DK-zVa4pM

Last edited by redballoon; 12-05-2010 at 06:32 PM.
Old 12-05-2010, 07:32 AM   #369  
Never give up

Calling today! Hurrah! AND I got to the gym before work too!! I can't believe I'm almost through with my THIRD no-smoking challenge! Wow!

No smoking -- Round 3 -- 19 days completed
Eat clean challenge -- Day 3 completed

Old 12-05-2010, 01:05 PM   #370  

Good job! I like dancing to AC/DC and a bit of Black Sabbath, depending on the song. : ) Danced again today, Round 2, Day 3.
Where are the rest of you? How are you doing with your challenges?
Old 12-05-2010, 06:14 PM   #371  
Never give up

Good going, derry!
Three days is often my limit.. I will try to get past today successfully. There is no sign of the cat and this is weighing on me a lot...of course, my eating junk or whatever does nothing to bring her back, but it's a habit, isn't it? Makes no sense whatsoever.... I can do this....
Old 12-06-2010, 05:49 AM   #372  

Day 4, round 2... going strong!
I'm going to dance to a fast song today to get my blood pumping.
Today is a different kind of challenge, going to a quilt guild meeting and there are usually about 150 women there who bring tons of FOOD!
I weigh in at Weight Watchers tomorrow and I can't allow myself to slip.
It's such a temptation and with the holiday this month there are bound to be all sorts of goodies there. I'm going to bring my own controlled snack and coffee. : )
Old 12-06-2010, 07:50 AM   #373  
Never give up

No smoking -- Round 3 -- 20 days completed
Eat clean challenge -- Day 4 completed
Old 12-06-2010, 06:36 PM   #374  
Never give up

Well, I got through my fourth day of eating clean yesterday and am starting on my fifth. I have a day of writing today, something I hate, sitting in front of the computer when I want to be at the gym or otherwise... Well, it's work and the faster I get it done the sooner I can play!
The eating clean is a real challenge and today's society (and my finances) just aren't friendly to it. Everywhere I am bombarded with temptations of everything that I can't/don't want to eat and I am sick of it. But I am determined to do something I know is good for me....at last....and to do it more consistently than I have in the past. I am really tired of looking like a hulk when I put so much effort into the weight training. Oh well.....here I go overthinking things again. Just get on with it and make this a lifestyle change, something you DO, not something you are "trying on" for a while.....sigh.
Old 12-07-2010, 09:38 AM   #375  
Never give up

Calling another day. I got to the gym and had a good workout, stoked because I saw the missing cat and she looked OK!!
Ate too much food today but was still "clean!"
AND....drumroll and cheers .....another no-smoking round -- COMPLETED -- hits the dust!!!

No smoking -- Round 3 -- 21 days completed
Eat clean challenge -- Day 5 completed