Old 09-09-2009, 06:09 AM   #76  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Evening all,
Thought I had already posted today, but I guess not. Maybe I need to tie my finger in a knot to remind me.

Feeling a lot better today. Actually managed to get some tiling and some gardening and some housework in. Just have to fold up the laundry and I am finished for the night. Might just go to bed early and read for a while.

One of my new hearing aids gave up the ghost yesterday. Only one week old. I took it down to the shop this morning expecting to be told what I had done wrong but I'm told they can't work out what is wrong with it. Not my fault thank heaven. The other one conked out earlier tonight, but it is the rechargeable battery that is flat not any other problem. Set it on charge and it will be ready for me in the morning (hopefully).

Annie - you poor old thing. You must be exhausted. Hope they don't expect you to keep this up for too long. Still it will come in handy if anything happens at the other place. Isn't it interesting how much mess one grown man can make in the house. Sometimes they are like a descending tornado.

Mel - the DS2 can run around with the biggest hammer and the longest nails he can find, but I will take to the walls with an axe if I find it necessary. No point in saying no to his ol' Mum.

Laura - always nice when no housework is involved. Doesn't happen often so make the most of it. I try to do a bit everyday to stop that weekend frenzy when I could be enjoying life. Doesn't always work, but mostly I have only a small amount to do when I am working.

I am still working on the challenge. I don't think the loss will be great this week - isn't that always the way. With a bit of luck, there will be a small loss. Funnily enough I ate next to nothing yesterday but didn't lose very much.

So to the laundry folding. Then into pyjamas and probably a fairly early night. See you all tomorrow.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 08:50 AM   #77  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

ANNIE~ YOU NEED TO GET YOUR "HEINY BUSY"??? I THOUGHT THE JALEPENO PEPPERS ALREADY HAD IT GOING FOR 24 HRS YOUR POST MADE ME LAUGH ABOUT ME BEING THE BOSS....WHEN I TYPED THAT PART...EVEN I SAID "YEAH RIGHT" SO SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THE HOURS. THANK GOD FOR THE MONEY....BUT YOU BETTER TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF IN THE MEANTINE!!! SOMETIMES I CAN'T THINK OF ANYTHING ELSE BUT EATING TOO. WISH THERE WAS AN ON AND OFF SWITCH!!

SHAD~ GLAD YOU'RE FEELING BETTER AND HOPE YOU ARE GETTING A GOOD NIGHTS SLEEP I CAN JUST SEE YOU WITH THE AXE IN HAND!! SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THE AIDS GIVING OUT. I NEVER KNEW THEY HAD RECHARGEABLE ONES. WHAT'S NEXT!! HOPE THEY FIND THE PROBLEM WITH THE OTHER ONE. I WISH ALL AIDS WERE LIKE YOURS. THAT IS THE ONE THING THE SENIORS CANNOT DO...REPLACE THEIR BATTERIES. ANOTHER MEL JOB FEEL BETTER

WELL JOHN IS NOW OUT SICK AS WELL AS THE BOSS IS OFF. HIS BP IS ALL OVER THE PLACE AND THEY HAVE HIM UNDER OBSERVATION. I WOULD ASK...WHAT'S NEXT? ....BUT AFRAID TO!! GOING DOWN NOW TO TELL MOTA IF HE HAS A PROBLEM TO COKME UP HERE. I AM NOT SITTING DOWN THER FOR 8 HRS. I THINK I AM DOWN A POUND THIS WEEK. IT WAS 2 BUT ONE CAME BACK TO ROOST. GUESS IT WAS AFRAID TO BE OUT ON IT'S OWN
HAPPY WEDNESDAY/THURSDAY

Last edited by MELODY525; 09-09-2009 at 09:01 AM.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 09:27 AM   #78  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Happy Wednesday...Hump Day...NOT Trash Day, it was moved to Thursday this week only due to the US holiday...Labor Day!

Shad...you are wsorking entirely too much..you need to take a Meliday..Shadiday. Hearing aids, dang, one more thing to mess with in life.

MEL...yes, yes....jalapenos = bathroom, I also at Pica last night, so the bathroom journey continues. Hey down one pound is much better than up a pound or two. While you are upstairs at home, add in a bit more exercising, maybe that extra lb will fall off by tomorrow's check in.

My boss has been a crab for about two weeks and must of realized it as she brought me Starbucks Vanilla Latte this morning. Either that or I am finding out something I don't want to know....yikes.

I saw a cute little wooden plaque hanging on a cubicle this morning of a fall leaf the size of a paper plate and written across the front of it was "Happy Fall Ya'll" Isn't that cute? It's the little things in life that make me smile.

The steak cookout that T put on last night was marvelous. I am not much of a red meat eater but that was delicious. I ate about a 6 oz eye of round steak. He rubbed sea salt, pepper, and tenderizer into both sides of steak, then sprinkled with olive oil, brushed it in, then slapped the steaks in to a hot hot iron skillet for 2 mins on each side, removed it and finished it on the charcole grill. Dang if that wasn't the best ever. Salad and mixed veggies for sides. Very healthy dinner.

Tonight DD is coming over, I may fix dinner or I may not, depends on my mood tonight.

Hope everyone has a terrific OP day!!

Love and Hugs
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 09:35 AM   #79  
Annie - Indiana

Shuuu weee, just had to do the b*tt squeeze, Charlie Chaplin (tiny steps) walk to the bathroom.
Old 09-09-2009, 01:47 PM   #80  

Annie Wow, that's a lot of hours, but the $$ will be nice! Nice of the boss to bring the latte, but my suspicious nature would also be speculating on the motive. Yum, the steak sounds great.

Mel Good, stay comfy in your place and don't go down to that crazy office!

Shad Glad you're better now! Sorry the hearing aid conked out. Good to get the bugs worked out now while your schedule allows running to the shop to get it resolved.

Hello to Ceejay, Happy, Michelle & Patty!

Food was awful yesterday. Well, not all food, just that bag of candy I bought and consumed a good chunk of. Thursday's (crap, that's TOMORROW!) weigh in will not be pretty. I'm also slacking on the exercise, although bf and I did get out with the dog for a walk last night. Tonight I might go to a yoga class at the gym.

Okay, it's lunchtime and I'm going to head over to the office supplies store to buy a heavier duty lanyard for my keycard. The cheesy ones at work keep breaking on me. The retractable thingy is just string and it keeps breaking. I think the better one is made of nylon. If that fails, I'm going to have to buy a janitor kind of key ring, LOL!
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 06:10 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Just popping into say hello. Work has been going good. and I have 3 hours
left to work. Yeah.
I'll write more later.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 06:36 PM   #82  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,

Just popping in to say that weight is the same today as it was last week. That in itself is an achievement since it rose to 81.9 last weekend and I have been struggling to get it off again. All in all I'm happy with no loss whatsoever - could have been a lot worse hey?

If you look at my ticker (which I just added) do not fall off your chair. The ticker does not allow for a decimal point. It should read 81.1 and 78.0. If I was as big as the ticker suggests, then I would be dead.

Back later to comment. What has happened to Happy??? Is she sick or something. Or has she been a bit naughty and is in hiding????
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 02:17 AM   #83  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Happy Birthday Michelle! So sorry to be late - hope you had a lovely day on this special 09/09/09 date!

Last edited by happy2bme; 09-10-2009 at 02:21 AM.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 02:18 AM   #84  
Choose your hard

Old 09-10-2009, 02:22 AM   #85  
Choose your hard

Sorry that I've been MIA. Crazy busy at work and I did a JAVA upgrade which has messed up my computer at home. I am trying to get back here - please don't give away my seat on the bus!
Old 09-10-2009, 09:44 AM   #86  
Annie - Indiana

gOOD
Old 09-10-2009, 09:50 AM   #87  
Annie - Indiana

Good Thursday Morning to You All.....

Today is check in day, whether it be weight, exercise or just eating healthy. How did everyone do over the last week? My official weigh in last Thursday was 158, this morning I was 155, so I will be happy to take the 3 lb loss. It would probably be more now as I just crapped a nut salad, between the almonds and jalapenos I ate yesterday, WOW!

When does Chelle get back? I am too lazy to go back and read posts to find out. Hope she had a marvelous vacation.

Shad...maintaining is progress too. It is hard to maintain as it is to lose or any other thing. Congrats!

Happy...no way would we give your seat up on the bus. We just wanted to know you are ok.

Ceejay...check in with you later.

Tomorrow is all staff, that dreaded day of the month. We are having an ice cream social after the staff meeting, that will put me through the real test. Hope I am on bowl or clean up duty or something not involving scooping or sprinkling.

Have a great Thursday and let's hear from everyone today.

Love and Hugs,
Old 09-10-2009, 09:58 AM   #88  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

AUGUST 31 -189.5
SEPT 10 - 187.5

I JUST WEIGHED AND IT SAYS THIS MORNING THAT I LOST 2 LBS. TIME WILL TELL IF IT IS A FLUKE OR NOT. I BOUNCED AROUND IN THE 180'S FOR SO LONG I DON'T TRUST THE SCALE READINGS ANYMORE.
SORRY I AM ON THE RUN THIS MORNING. AUDITORS ON THE WAY AND FOR ONCE I WOKE UP LATE.
LATER GATORS

Last edited by MELODY525; 09-10-2009 at 09:59 AM.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 10:03 AM   #89  
Annie - Indiana

Whew Who MEL....WTG....keep on keepin' on!
Old 09-10-2009, 11:04 AM   #90  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Happy Thursday ladies -

Thanks so much for all the birthday wishes! I truly had a great birthday! One of the best ever!

I'm back from vacation and had a wonderful, relaxing time. The weather was perfect. We did lots of walking and lots of looking for and finding beautiful rocks! The cabin we stayed in was very nice...and the bed was SO comfy. Just perfect after a day of hiking/looking for rocks. I'm back to work/back to reality, but at least it's only a two-day work week and then the weekend.

My lungs are still bothering me....so I'm thinking about going to the doc today getting some dreaded prednisone. I don't want to get on prednisone as it causes weight gain, irritability and it may delay me having another shot in my back, but this lung tightness/difficulty breathing and talking without coughing has been going on for way too long.

Even though I got lots of exercise over the weekend...my eating and water drinking fell by the wayside. We'll see what weigh in has in store for me today. I'll be thrilled if I lost, of course...but I'll be satisfied if I even stayed the same.

I'm way behind on reading what's been going on with y'all...so I'll try and catch up later after I've gotten caught up at work.

Love and big hugs,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote