Old 09-01-2009, 05:43 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

The challenges sound good. I need to be challenged.

Annie
I promise I will not complain the next 44 hours of over time I have to work. You are working 2 jobs. I fully understand if you are tired. If I could hide from the all seeing eye I might try a nap at work.

Mel
It's okay that you couldn't get down to work for me. I'm just thankful that I have four day's off to myself. Thanks for setting up the new thread.

Hello to all the rest. 1.5 hours till I go home sweet home.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 05:54 PM   #17  

I forgot to add that I heard from the test that were ran at the Doctor's office last week. I'm low on potassium again. My blood sugar was high so the nurse asked me if I fasted. I had not. I wasn't expecting blood to be drawn. Good ole stress caused the anxiety attack.
Old 09-01-2009, 06:12 PM   #18  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

WE ALL KNOW THIS STUFF BUT I THOUGHT WE COULD USE A REMINDER BEFORE OUR CHALLENGE BEGINS. GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

ANNIE....I AM IN TOO BUT WITH NO SPECIFIC AMOUNT SET FOR A LOSS BEAT YA TO CHELLIE'S HOUSE!!!

THE PERFECTIONISM TRAP

By Michael Scholtz, M.A., Best Life fitness expert

It's great to be conscientious about your diet and exercise sessions, but cutting yourself some slack keeps your motivation high. Try adopting an 80/20 approach—strive to make healthy choices 80 percent of the time; this leaves room in your weight loss and fitness programs for setbacks. Here's how to do it:

• Change your thinking. Don't use the words "good" or "bad" to describe food, yourself or your behavior. These words can promote the unhealthy all-or-nothing pattern you're trying to avoid.

• Establish a range for goals. This allows for more flexibility. For instance, "I'll walk 30 minutes four to six times a week" is better than planning to walk everyday.

• Schedule off days. Take a day off from exercise each week. Use the time to focus on a nurturing activity, such as reading or catching up with friends.

• Enlist help. Consider meeting with a nutritionist, trainer, counselor or coach. They can help keep you motivated and also make sure your goals are realistic.

• Cheer yourself on. Place a note in your bathroom, your car or on your calendar to remind yourself to relax.

• Be patient. Nothing causes more frustration than thinking you should be losing faster than you are. Aim to shed up to 1 percent of your body weight each week, but realize that plateaus are part of the journey

Last edited by MELODY525; 09-01-2009 at 06:13 PM.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 01:56 AM   #19  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Afternoon all,

It's been a bit of a weird day today. I picked up my new hearing aids. I'm getting used to them but it will take a while. After the noise I heard in the mall this morning, there is a good chance I might 'go deaf' into the shopping centres!!
Then I went down to the local hardware store and lo and behold they play music in there. Who knew?
Now the DS2 is shouting at me! So I told him he didn't have to anymore. At last I can hear his witticisms and depth of knowledge!
Miss Puss isn't taking any notice of the no yelling rule in the house.

Annie - I'll take up your challenge. Weigh in on Thursday morning my time. We will see how we go. I've been having a bit of success on Red Balloons challenge thread so we will see how it develops. Here's to success for us all.

Mel - I think all the nuts are gathered for the challenge now I am here. Thanks for that information on perfectionism. I will strive to be just less than perfect.
Thanks also for sorting out the new thread. With the drama of yesterday, I forgot.
Oh yes and Ceejay's rose was called Hot Chocolate. Why I can't tell, it looks nothing like hot chocolate. It's neighbouring rose is much more like chocolate since it is a brown rose but even then it is hot chocolate made with milk. However Hot Chocolate the rose is a superb orange. It's bright. It's the DS2's favourite of all the roses.

Happy - Roses from the DH?? Oh please. The house will be fragrant when you get in.

Michelle - When I say it's cold out there, it means it is under 15C (60F) we do get down to single figures in the depths of winter but only during the night. Anything under 20C (70) and the entire Queensland populations starts getting out the furs and boots.
Glad to hear you got out for the walk. Sometimes it's just great exercise and all you need if you have been limiting calories.

Laura - you'll need some time to get back into the swing of work. Nice to hear from you.

Ceejay - you must be about to embark on your 4 days off. Have a great time. Are you going to Paragould??

I didn't get to walk yesterday with Chris. She rang to say her flu is back and she is not feeling too good. Postponed to Thursday.

Anyway, time to go turn off the hose in the garden. I'll be back tomorrow bright and early - oh yeah
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 08:12 AM   #20  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning all,

Have an early morning dentist appointment today so it's just a quick wave and a salute with the coffee cup. Will have to get on later.

So now you are ready to listen to the world with a keener ear Shad? I imagine part of the "fun" will be learning to filter out all those background noises that were more muffled before. Practice your slightly cocked head and "are you kidding me" look when DS2 proceeds to impart his sage advice

I'm about to head out. Happy humpin' trash day to the chicks.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 08:14 AM   #21  
Happy September

MICHELLE~ YOUR QUOTE I USED FOR THE TITLE MAKES ME LAUGH EVERY MORNING NOW. IT'S SO LONG TO COOPY AND PASTE I HEAR YA ON THE PREDNISONE ISSUE. KIND OF A DA MNED IF YOU DO SITUATION. HOPE THEY CLEAR UP ON THEIR OWN. KEEPING FINGERS CROSSED.

ANNIE~ I SNAPPED THE PIC OF CHELLIE WHEN SHE WASN'T LOOKING. BE CAREFUL WITH THE 2 JOBS....I KNOW I KEEP SAYING IT BUT AFTER ALL YOU NEED SOME DOWN TIME AND HEALTHY EATING IN BETWEEN THEM.

LAURA~ DON'T TRY TO CATCH UP...JUST JUMP IN.

HAPPY~ FLOWERS....HOW NICE OF DH. HE'S A REAL EEPER ISN'T HE? TOO CUTE OF HIM. SO A YURT IS WORTH A DOZEN ROSES?! I MUST REMEMBER THAT FOR MY NEXT LIFETIME! WHEN I GATERED THE NUTS I FIRST THOUGHT OF WALNUTS AND ACORNS...THEN THE SENIORS....BUT NOW YOU MENTION IT...THE WORLDLIES FIT RIGHT IN THERE.

JEANETTE~ HOPE YOU ENJOY THE 4 DAYS OFF. HANG ON TO ALL THE GOOD THOUGHTS YOU CAN THINK OF WHILE YOU GET SOME POSTASSIUM INSIDE YOU AND DE-STRESS

SHAD~ HOT CHOCOLATE.....GOOD NAME IN A WAY....BOTH OF THEM ARE COMFORTING!! SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT CHRIS AND THE FLU. THE NEWS CHANNELS ARE ALREADY GETTING READY TO CAUSE A MASS RIOT OVER THE FLU SEASON ON THE TV AND THEY CALL IT RESPONSIBLE REPORTING THIS MORNING WAS AN INDEPTH COVERAGE OF HOW IT KILLS PREGNANT WOMEN. JUST LOVELY. TURNED IT OFF. HOPE ALL DRAMA IS GONE...I MUST GO BACK AND READ.....GLAD THE AIDS ARE WORKING AND I CAN THINK OF A FEW PLACES I WOULD TURN THEM OFF AS WELL

HAVING SOME TIME WITH JEN. THEN THEY WILL GO BACK TO THE TRAILER AND CLOSE IT UP. GETTING READY FOR THE COOLER MONTHS AHEAD. YESTERDAY WAS RELAXING AND I GOT NOTHING DONE BUT IT FELT GOOD. I ONLY HAD 2 CALLS AND I PUT A "SICK" SIGN ON MY DOOR. ONLY 2 PEOPLE KNOCKED ANYWAY!
HAPPY WEDNESDAY/THURSDAY
Old 09-02-2009, 08:15 AM   #22  
Happy September

HAPPY HUMPING TRASH DAY TO YOU MISS HAPPY AND THE WORLDLIES AS WELL!! I CAN'T SAY HAVE FUN AT THE DENTIST
Old 09-02-2009, 08:18 AM   #23  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Good Morning and Happy Trashy Hump Day! LOL

Stomach is in a little tizzy think I havta poo and too much caffiene this a.m. It will get better with time...

Work last night was a whirl at CVS, no break, too busy, man customers must have come into some money or something. It is just crazy. The liquor sales are phenominal.

BRB for personals...going to poo now.
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 08:44 AM   #24  
Annie - Indiana

D*mn it I just deleted my personals...here I go again...

WHew wee, I feel so much better now.....

Shad...be careful at what you might hear, you might not want to know it. My Grandpa..God rest his soul...used to so gently reach up and turn his aides down when grandma went to b*tchin' lol

Happy...only 50 degrees here this mornin' had to run my heater on the way to work. It did feel awesome sleeping with the windows open last night tho. Happy<---pu intended---> drilling at the dentist this morning.

Chelle...you bet I took a nap under my desk yesterday. Had the space heater going on feet and lower extremities. Awwwwww....You are so on for the challenge...I mean it....

MEL...great perfection piece. We sometimes forget to be easy on ourselves. Maybe the sick sign on your door is the answer to having a "Meliday". You might want to put a "Knockers Beware!" sign on the door too. Not the boob kind of knockers, but the boob idiot kind. lol, sometimes I crack myself up.....

Laura...jump in and take off here.

Not much else going on here. Baby boy comes home tonight. We are going to Shallow's for a drink/dinner to celebrate his 21st bd. They have a stein called "Das Boot" It looks like a huge cowboy boot and will hold the equivalent of about 5 beers. The stein with the beer in it is 23 bucks, then if you take the stein back in there, it is only 10 bucks to refill. I am getting him that plus dinner along with the western shirt, bolo tie and Jagermeister I already got him. I can't wait.

Have a great middle of the week day all y'all.

Love and hugs.
Old 09-02-2009, 09:23 AM   #25  

I have a four day week end to myself and Mel I'm thinking about putting a do not disturb sign on the door today.
I'm into fall cleaning but am not going to push myself today. It's one room at a time. The kitchen is done. I would like to buy some open shelving to store some small appliances.
I had a chance to sleep in this morning but my internal alarm clock woke me up at 5.30 a.m. sigh! I laid in bed till 7 and had to get up. Decided that this would be a good time to burn some calories so I rode the bike for 15 minutes. I'm making myself go to the gym later this morning for a walk on the treadmill and do some weight machines.
This month is to focus on fitness and routine. I'm with Happy on not setting a pounds loss goal.
My little sister called me Monday night. She was bubbling over with joy. Her oldest son and his girlfriend are expecting a baby. They are bothe 29. I told her that he sounded very excited about something, but he didn't tell me Saturday when he called to wish me a happy birthday. I have been expecting her to tell me about her middle son and his wife. I feel it in my bones that it will not be far behind.

Happy
Hope things go well at the dentist. I finally made my appointment on the 24the of September.

Mel
I liked the article on perfectionism. That's one of my bad traits when it comes to dieting. I get burned out very easy because of it.

Shad
My favorite rose is the peace rose, but roses have to be my favorite flower.
Hope your friend feels better.

Annie
have fun celbrating with your son. I didn't know that CVS sold liquor. My friend who works in the light office hates the first through the third of the month. That's when Social Security checks and welfare checks come in.

Michelle
Good for you in taking that 20 minute walk at lunch. I might try taking a walk outside tomorrow. It's really been nice this week.

Laura
Glad you are back from vacation.

Breakfast is calling me and I need to get on with my day. Have a good one every one.
Old 09-02-2009, 09:57 AM   #26  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

hey everyone -

Just a super quick check in....my piles at work just keep getting taller...and I'm too short to see over them!

I walked for 1/2 hour at lunch yesterday, then went to the gym for 1/2 hour of cardio and 1/2 hour of weights. Because of my lungs, I kept the intensity down a bit. Of course now, my legs and back are saying I may have done too much. Why can't my body parts tell me I might be overdoing it at the time? I'm sure I'll be fine after the muscles loosen up a bit. So far so good on the lungs though...just the stupid occasional nagging coughing fit!

Love and hugs,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 10:02 AM   #27  
Annie - Indiana

Chelle....and why don't our body parts tell us we are working too much and need to take a vacation?? LOL
Old 09-02-2009, 10:23 AM   #28  
Annie - Indiana

Why is it when you are trying to be good, all you can think about is food. So I thought I would come here and type/babble about a big bunch of nothing, rather than eat. You don't even have to read this post. I am just keeping my mind and hands busy. I may have to sit here and type all day long. Nellie has agreed to go for a walk with me at lunch to keep me occupied for that bit of time.
Old 09-02-2009, 11:26 AM   #29  
Annie - Indiana

OMGOODNESS...GRAND NEWS....MOM FINALLY GOT ALL OF HER TEST RESULTS BACK....HER KIDNEY'S ARE NOT DETERIORATING. SHE HAS TOO MUCH ACID IN HER SYSTEM/KIDNEYS. THE DOCS GAVE HER A SCRIPT SHE TAKES TWICE A DAY TO RID HER SYSTEM OF THE ACID. THIS SHOULD ALSO HELP WITH THE RIGHT SIDE PAIN SHE HAS HAD FOR OVER A YEAR. YES, I COULD SHOOT THE DOC THAT PUT US THROUGH ALL OF THIS, HOWEVER THE BRIGHT SIDE IS SHE SHOULD DO A BIT BETTER NOW. THANK YOU JESUS, TRULY FOR PRAYERS ANSWERED.

AND THANK YOU ALL MY WORLDLIES FOR THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS. YOU TRULY ARE THE VERY BEST. AND FOR THAT I LOVE YOU!!:ye s:
Old 09-02-2009, 12:07 PM   #30  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Annie - our body parts DO tell us that we are working too hard. Trouble is, they are really afraid of the boss so they just whisper it to us...

Thank heavens for the good news on your Mom. Sooooo wonderful to hear that it's something treatable. Prayers do work. Now we can focus on your DD.

I find that as the days get cooler and shorter, my appetite kicks into gear. I can't wait for lunch today. Not that there's anything that fabulous to eat, just ravenous today.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote