Old 08-12-2009, 08:56 AM   #121  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Happy Trash Day....I mean Hump day....hehe

Well let me tell all ya'll sumpin. Calcium tabs constipate me.....however, I forgot to take it yesterday and this morning all H broke loose. I was 45 minutes in the bathroom and 45 minutes late to work. I do feel better now tho, like I got all the yuck out of my system....I think I could run around the block or something. I know, I know, TMI...lol, but MEL always appreciates my poo reports as she relates to them. LOL

Very excited....Garden news....Two ripe tomatos, a cucumber, tons of jalapenos, banana peppers, lettuce and spinach all harvested from the garden last night.....My tomatos are now starting to turn on a regular basis, soon I will have overload.

Slow day at work today, good thing as I am not in the mood. Probably will show up here several times today unless something comes at me with urgency.

MEL...Poor T starve...that will be the day. I won't mention that I am making him PB cookies for dessert cause food ideas get to Chelle..haha Got all my veggies chopped and rice cooked as cold rice makes for better fried rice/stir fries, last night so tonight I just have to get em goin'

Chelle...look at the bright side of the twinge of back pain.....at least it went away as before it did not. Yeah...V I C T O R Y...I like the poem, but I must say a good swift kick in the arse works better for me.

Ceejay...I hear you and Chelle about the barametric headaches. I usually have one for about a day before I realize what the H is causing it. On goes the air conditioner at home and a good nights sleep gets me back on the headache free path.

Shad....if you are getting hearing aides, you might want to match your glasses rather than your hair, cause we all know that a woman's hair color changes all the time. lol Men, they think they control us, good for you on the recruiter situation, you go girl, get the work where you can...and I know all about the "don't want to work but must" stuff.

Happy...hope you are enjoying the vaca. Have fun!

Laura...hope life is good for you today.

Patty...Hidee ho to you sista.

Hey to anyone I might of missed.

Love and hugs,
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 09:14 AM   #122  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Annie - Your garden fresh veggies sound wonderful, as does dinner and dessert tonight. I hope you have a great (and quiet) day at work today.
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 09:59 AM   #123  
Annie - Indiana

Ham Fried Rice...

Green pepper-chopped
Onion or green onions-chopped
Mushrooms-chopped
Carrotts-chopped
Clove Garlic-chopped or minced
Frozen peas
White/Brown or any rice you wish
Desired amount of ham- Chopped
Two eggs
Soy Sauce
Olive Oil

(I do not use amounts, I just put as much as I like of ingreds)

Cook rice prior then refrigerate. Cold rice makes for better fried rice as it tends to separate and not be mushy.

Cook up some ham...I used some I had frozen from a pitch in.

Scramble two eggs-chop up.

Tiny bit of olive oil in large fry pan or wok...saute' green peppers, onions and carrotts till half done then add mushrooms and garlic, throw in frozen peas. (You can add any veggies you want) (I also sauted a banana pepper and jalapeno as I had them from the garden)

Add olive oil as needed. If you cover with lid while saute-ing, you probably won't have to add olive oil.

Once everything is sauteed....add rice, ham, scrambled eggs and desired amount of soy sauce, careful as soy sauce is salty. You could actually throw in some butter if you want to, but it is not diet friendly. Let cook till juices are mostly absorbed. (Hence fried rice)

That should do it. Eat'em up!!
Old 08-12-2009, 10:07 AM   #124  
Creating a Healthier Me

Yummmm, thanks for the recipe, Annie!
Old 08-12-2009, 05:29 PM   #125  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

ANNIE~ THANKS FOR THE RECIPE. I HAVE EVERYTHING BUT THE HAM. I AM THINKING OF BUYING A HAM STEAK AND MAKING THIS WHEN THE KIDS COME HOME. OR MAYBE A SMALL BATCH FOR ME. GOOD TO KNOW YOU ARE POO-LESS RIGHT NOW OR HAVE YOU ALREADY BEGUN STUFFING YOUR INNARDS? YOU WILL BE GLAD TO KNOW THAT I ATE A COCONUT HARD CANDY THE SIZE OF A NICKLE-QUARTER AND END4ED UP IN THE LOO?!?!? I MEAN WTF!? IT HAD CORN SYRUP IN IT AND I THINK I AM BUILDING UP AN ALLERGY TO THAT NOW. I SAY ALLERGY CAUSE I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO CALL IT BUT CANDY IS NICER THAN DULCOLAX HOPE T LIKES HIS DINNER AND COOKIES. IF NOT...TOSS HIM OUT AND CHELLE AND I WILL BE RIGHT THERE!!!! WE DON'T HAVE A MORTORCYCLE BUT I'LL GIVE YOU A RIDE AROUND THE BLOCK IN MY CHAIR

MICHELLE~ GET READY TO EAT IN CASE ANNIE TOSSES T OUT AND WE CAN MOVE IN GLAD YOU TAKE HEED OF THE TALKING BACK AND WON'T BE GOING NUTS EXERCISING. MY GAWD....I WOULD HATE TO SEE YOU BACK WHERE YOU WERRE... DINNER SOUNDED GOOD THO..MAYBE I'LL EAT BY YOU BEFORE WE GO TO ANNIE'S.

SHAD....IS THE AGENT STILL ALIVE OR DID YOU HAVE ANOTHER GO AT HIM TODAY?? THINKING OF YOU LIL' SIS

TOMORROW IS FOOD SHOPPING AND MAYBE A LOAD OF WASH. I TOOK CARE OF SOME OF JEN'S GOVT BUSINESS AND WAITED 5 FRIGGING HOURS FOR A RETURN CALL. GUESS CAUSE THEY ARE PAYING US...THEY OWN US AND THINK WE HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO THEN WAIR FOR THEM TO CALL BACK!! SO NOW SHE HAS AN APPT FOR AN INTERVIEW AT THE END OF THE MONTH I TALKED TO THEM ALL AND EVERYONE IS ALREADY SAD ABOUT THE END OF THE SUMMER COMING. THE KIDDIES LEAVE ON THE 19TH. I TOLD THEM TO BUCK UP...AND HAVE A GOOD TIME...THEY CAN BEGIN CRYING NEXT WEEK WEEK. THEY WENT BACK TO THE FAIR WITH THE EXTRA CASH I SENT. EVERYONE HAD A GREAT TIME. NOTHING NEW HERE. I NEED A SMALL FOOD SHOP. RUNNING OUT OF PAPER TOWELS AND COTTON SQUARES THE DR RECOMMENDED FOR MY FACE. BETTER GET MY BUTT UP IN THE AM.
HAVE A GOOD NIGHT, SWEET DREAMS AND HAVE A GREAT DAY TOMORROW
GOOD MORNING SUNSHINE
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 09:32 PM   #126  

Hello everyone!

Just popping in to say hi. I had a nice enough 3-day weekend, but this workweek has been atrocious.

I'll catch up on the thread sometime this week hopefully!
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 03:32 AM   #127  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

My hearing is gone, my eyes are going, my mind has disappeared into the never never. Just don't seem to have much time these days and it is not as if I am frantically doing things all day long either. Silly me.

I promise to be back early tomorrow morning.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 07:54 AM   #128  
Creating a Healthier Me

Hi everyone -

This will have to be a quick post for me today...super busy at work. The systems were down most of yesterday, and today is a short day with a department team building outing in the afternoon.

I've been going to the gym every day since Sunday and doing at least 1/2 hour of cardio plus ab exercises, and I added strength training Monday and last night. So I'm going to take a break from the gym tonight...gonna be getting home later than usual due to the work outing, so I think I'll just play with the dogs in the backyard or maybe take them for a walk. It's gorgeous weather and I haven't taken much time to play outside with them...too busy at the gym I guess. And since yesterday I did 1/2 hour walk during lunch, plus the 1/2 hour cardio and 20 min. strength training at the gym, I think a day off (but just one) will do me good.

I've been feeling sort of funny the past couple days. I normally don't eat breakfast until I get in to work (I bring an whole wheat english muffin with reduced fat PB and about 1/2 cup fat free cottage cheese). Yesterday, I started feeling a little hungry when I left the house and by the time I got to work (1/2 hour later), I was dizzy and nauseous and feeling like I was going to be sick even though there wasn't anything in my tummy. Then last night, I got up at about 1:30 am to let the dogs out and got that same dizzy, nauseous feeling again (no I'm NOT preggers). I thought it might be blood sugar, so I ate an english muffin with PB, and that seemed to help...but then I felt like that again when I got up to go to work...so I ate part of my brekkie at the house. I think I'm gonna dig out my blood sugar test kit - if I can find it - and test my sugar when this happens. Maybe all the exercise this week is causing my body to use the insulin more efficiently than it's used to thereby lowering my blood sugar almost too much. Or maybe I'm not eating late enough at night (I usually stop eating by about 7 or 7:30) to give my body enough fuel to last until morning. Anyone have any ideas? Has this happened to any of you?

Mel - Have fun shopping today! Glad to hear everyone had fun at the Fair.

Shad - When you find your mind in the never never, can you pls see if my mind is there too? Thanks!

Laura - Glad you had a nice long weekend. Isn't it always the case that when you take time off you just have to play catch up when you get back.
Annie - How was dinner with T? Are you having gorgeous weather now like we are? It's warm but not too hot, and really low humidity. It's supposed to be like this through Saturday at least!

Well, gotta sign off...too much to do and so little time.

Love and hugs to all,
Old 08-13-2009, 08:04 AM   #129  
Annie - Indiana

HELLO ALL...yelling on SHAD's hearing behalf...lol

MEL...Mr T came over on his ride. SOooooooooo, we went for a 2 hr ride and love every minute of it. He only got the fried rice as the bike ride took up the time I was going to make the PB cookies. Neither one of us needed them anyway. He was most happy with the fried rice and I sent some home with him for lunch today and dinner last night for the boys. Whew when you said you were running out of cotton squares I thought you meant toitie paper, not face wipes. SHueweee that was a close one. Happy shopping!!

SHAD...you are only as old as you feel, so don't feel too old. Having a mind is overrated anyway.

Laura...hidee ho girl. Catch ya on the fly.

Chelle...waddup girl...exercising or sleeping? hehe.

Nell (a gal I work with, older lady that I call MeeMaw) went to the Indiana State Fair yesterday afternoon with her hubby. Said she tried the chocolate covered bacon and it was quite yummy. Bleck. Why would you want to eat nasty ole chocolate and to cover something as good as bacon with it. Just baffles me.

Gotta work tonight at CVS, hope I am not too tired as I was up 4 times last night with charlie horses in my left calf, foot and toes. OMG it hurt. Nothing but walking it off would stop it. I take potassium tabs (prescribed), so don't know what was up with that other than I wore stilletos yesterday and hadn't worn them in a week or so. Of course, I have them on again today. Just lookin to torture myself.

Hello to everyone.

Much love and many hugs,
Old 08-13-2009, 08:05 AM   #130  
Annie - Indiana

Chelle...you sneaker inner you. How about joining me in the breakroom for some fresh coffee?? I am heading that way.
Old 08-13-2009, 08:11 AM   #131  
Happy September

LAURA~ NEVER TRY TO CATCH UP WITH US...JUST JUMP IN~ HOPE THE WEEK EASES UP FOR YOU.

SHAD~ IT'S THE UNWINDING OF HAVING SO MANY JOBS AND BEING AWAY FROM HOME FOR SO LONG. THAT'S MY THEORY. SO REST UP AND JUST TAKE THE DOWN TIME AS A GIFT FROM THE GODS AND RELAX

MICHELLE~ I HAVE LOW BLOOD SUGAR AND YOUR SYMPTOMS SOUNDED LIKE IT. ARE YOU ON ANY DIABETIC PILLS? MAYBE YOU NEED TO GO BACK TO AND HAVE A LOOK SEE. KEEP CRACKERS AND JUICE WITH YOU WHEN YOU GO OUT. I TAKE A SAMMIE AND JUICE...EVEN IF I DON'T EAT IT, AT LEAST IT IS THERE. GOOD LUCK TODAY.

IT'S RAINING SO I CANCELED SHOPPING. I AM OFF TO EAT AND THEN LIE DOWN. THIS STORMY WEATHER IS KILLING THE SINUSES. SO IT WILL BE A DO NOTHING DAY TODAY
HAPPY THURSDAY
Old 08-13-2009, 08:15 AM   #132  
Happy September

ANNIE...YOU SNEAKER INNER YOU TOO! NO, THANK GOD I WASN'T OUT OF TP!!! GOD FORBID! HOPE THE CHARLIE HORSES LEAVE YOU ALONE TONITE. WHAT A PAIN. SO GLAD TO HEAR TONY WAS SATED WITH GOOD FOOD EVEN IF YOU FELL DOWN ON THE JOB OF MAKING COOKIES GET THOSE STILETTOS OFF...YOU ARE TALL ENOUGH WITHOUT THEM!! HAPPY CVS-ING TONITE.
Old 08-13-2009, 08:22 AM   #133  
Creating a Healthier Me

Annie - I'm right with ya' to the breakroom for coffee! Take off the stilettos and give those dawgs a rest. Is T aware that you spend your nights with some guy named Charlie Horse? I hope your work day (and work evening) go very well.

Mel - I'm not on any diabetic pills...and my blood sugar was normal the last time I checked (2 or 3 months ago at the docs). But that was before I started gettin' really serious about weight loss and exercise. Thanks for the suggestion about keeping food on hand. I'm just nervous about adding more food intake points...but better than passing out, I guess. You take care of yourself today...rest those sinuses and the eyes too while you're at it.
Old 08-13-2009, 08:36 AM   #134  
Annie - Indiana

Chelle...sounds like low blood sugar to me. Just a few swigs of OJ will do it. Losing weight and exercising can change your sugar levels. Be careful...and don't let this be the downfall of your wonderful progress. Yeah, I don't think T will take kindly to ole Charlie...he is adament about being faithful...lol

MEL...I am only 6 foot tall with stilettos. and you know what, I LIKE IT...hehe, some short men are intimidated by it. Weird cause I am the same person at 5'9.5 or 6'. Just a little taller about it. Boo on the rain. We are back to hot and humid. YUCK! Nothing like a good ole sinus headache.

Hugs all
Old 08-13-2009, 08:44 AM   #135  
Creating a Healthier Me

Thanks for the tip, Annie. 6' tall, huh? While I wish I had long legs, or the illusion of long legs, even in stilettos I would only be about 5'4" (still short) and on crutches from the sprained ankle I'd get trying to walk in those things! So I'll stay happy with being a vertically challenged, but completely comfortable, 5'1.5".

Last edited by diyana; 08-13-2009 at 08:44 AM.