Old 08-21-2009, 01:17 PM   #211  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Quick peek in. Safe travels Annie beware the jello shots. Soooo smooth going down and then they turn your legs to .... JELLO. Get some sleep in between the busy moments.

I'll be back later...
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 06:45 PM   #212  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

I opened a can of worms but at least on upper cabinet is almost clean out and things I don't need or use is out of the cabinet. I'll taken it to the thrift store next week end.

One more day of freedom left. I really could use about three more.

Annie
Have a safe trip.

Every one have a good week end.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 09:50 PM   #213  

Hello Ladies,

Another busy week at work. A few of us are going to be moving to another building, so was busy trying to pack in between meetings and trying to get some work done. Monday is move day, & wed if my first day with new company.

Annie - Keeping your DD & you in my prayers. Have a fun and safe trip...Watch out for that pole.

Ceejay - i hear ya, i could use a day or two off. Good deal on taking items to the thrift store.

Mitchellez - WTG on the 6 lb loss. You go girl!

Ladies, losing power here and i can't seem to find the power cord. I will log on later and finish up

Last edited by 1day@atime; 08-21-2009 at 09:51 PM.
1day@atime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 08:07 AM   #214  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

THE RUG MEN ARE ALREADY HERE AND INSTALLING CARPET GOOD THING I GOT UP EARLY!
JEN AND I HAD A GREAT DAY YESTERDAY. SHE SLEPT IN AND LOOKS MUCH BETTER. I THINK HER WEIGHT LOOKS GOOD ALSO.....FOR HER THAT IS. SHE TOOK A GOOD LOOK AT THE GRANDSON AND WE WASHED OFF SOME OF THE BLOOD ON HIS WING. HE WAS USING IT TO CLEAN HIS EYE. HE HASN'T TRIED TO FLY SINCE AND NOW SQUAWKS FOR ME TO CARRY HIM EVERY WHERE!!! MAYBE I CAN TEACH HIM HOW TO DRIVE ONE OF THE CHAIRS!!!

I CAN'T READ TODAY SO I WON'T DO PERSONALS. EYES ARE VERY TEARY. JUST "WEATHER" SINUSES AND THE SMELLS OF RUG JUNK.
SO HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 10:53 AM   #215  
Choose your hard

Good morning ladies,

Time to get the hair colored. I need it. She did alot of blonde this time and my roots are in serious need of a touch up. Also some fairy came along in the night and painted the hairs on my temples gray. My appt is at 11 so that kind of breaks up today. I think I'll hit the grocery store on the way home and get that done and over with. I promised DH I would tackle the garage tomorrow and I have a few more small items to put away from the vacation stuff.

Annie - you're already gone but hope you have a safe trip and a good time.

Mel - glad to hear that Jen has a few ounces on those bones of hers. Take good care of the grandson. Talk to him about the dangers of being "flighty". LOVED you pic of the kitties.

Patty - have a good weekend and build up strength to finish that packing.

Ceejay - why do the days off go twice as fast as the work days? Make the most of your last day off.

Michelle - hope the weather co-operates for a little fishing.

Laura - I think I was in Saugatuck once but it was so long ago that it can be very different now. I use the Internet and review places like Trip Adviser dot com to check out places ahead of time. Have you been to Door County in Wisconsin? I hear it's nice if not a bit pricy.

Shad - hope you got some quality garden time in. Sorry to hear you have a headache today. Put a cool cloth on your eyes and soak up some sun outside.

Time to pop in the shower and get a move on. Have a great weekend all.
Old 08-22-2009, 04:15 PM   #216  
Happy September

SOMEHOW I JUST LOST MY WORD POST
I AM TOO BUSHED TO REPEAT IT. SO JUST KNOW THAT I WAS SYMPATHETIC TO THOSE THAT NEEDED IT, ENCOURAGING TO SOME, ROOTING FOR OTHERS. DISHING OUT KISSES AND HUGS AND......

LAURA~ I AM SO SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THE LOSS OF YOUR BROTHER IN APRIL. I MISS MY "BABY" BROTHER ALMOST EVERY DAY. SENDING GOOD THOUGHTS YOUR WAY AND HOPE YOU GET THRU THIS MEMORIAL SERVICE. REMEMBER THE GOOD TIMES.

OK KIDS. I NEED FOOD AND A SHOWER...SOME JAMMIES AND MY FEET UP AND THE TV RUNNING! TOMORROW IS DAY 2 FOR THE OTHER OFFICE. THIS TIME THEY DO NOT NEED MY ASSISTANCE CAUSE THAT HALLWAY HAS NO SENIOR TRAFFIC...THANK GOD!!! TODAY WAS ONE ARGUMENT AFTER ANOTHER..."NO MAM YOU CANNOT GO PAST ALL THE OFFICE FURNITURE OUT IN THE HALL AND TRY AND SQUEEZE YOUR 3 FOOT WIDE WALKER AND 4 FOOT WIDE BUTT DOWN THAT 2 FOOT CREVICE"... AND PLEASE STOP BANGING INTO MY CHAIR AND SPITTING IN MY FACE
SENIORS....GOTTA LOVE 'EM...NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by MELODY525; 08-22-2009 at 04:17 PM.
Old 08-22-2009, 10:04 PM   #217  

Hello Ladies,

Happy - That same fairy traveled to my house too. I have so much grey in my temples. Every once in a while, i use that moose hair dye to cover up when i just can't stand it. Hope your color is comes out the way you want it.

Mel - take care of those eyes..

Laurie - Sorry to hear about your brother passing back in April.

Today i went up to the office, packed more things... tomorrow going over to visit my parents.
1day@atime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 07:58 AM   #218  
Happy September

CAN YOU TELL I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH MYSELF...I'M BACK. I CAN HARDLY KEEP MY EYES OPEN BUT THE MEN AREN'T HERE YET. THE DARK WEATHER DOESN'T HELP EITHER. THE BOSS CAME LAST NIGHT AND THEY ARE TRYING TO FIGURE OUT A WAY TO PAY ME FOR THE 16 HOUR TOTAL I WORKED YESTERDAY. 12/RUGS, 3/DOORS AND 1/OFFICE. MAYBE PUT IT IN JEN'S NAME. CAME UP, TOOK ANOTHER SHOWER AND JUMPED INTO BED AT 9:30. I SET THE TIMER ON THE TV AND HAVE NO IDEA HOW FAST I WENT TO SLEEP!

PATTY~ YOU'RE BECOMING GOOD AT THIS PACKING THING...NOW YOU CAN GO TO WORK FOR BEKINS MOVERS! HAVE FUN WITH THE PARENTS!

Last edited by MELODY525; 08-23-2009 at 08:11 AM.
Old 08-23-2009, 12:41 PM   #219  
Choose your hard

Howdy chicks,

It's really nice outside. A shade of pleasant cool. Good for working outside which I will do shortly. Got all my errands done yesterday so I can focus around here today.

I am excited about having the lean meats, veggies and fruits back in the house again. Gained 3 pounds eating the junk stuff last week but as of this morning I am down 2 of those 3 "new" pounds. Some scrambled eggs and fresh fruit for a light lunch I think.

Mel - had to laugh about people plodding through with the "wide load" and the walkers. I'm sure you've seen alot. I think we need to put bumper guards on your chair and get you a welder's mask. 16 hour day yesterday???? Be careful it doesn't bite you in the butt. Less work, more rest today, okay? I hope you get all of your pay no matter how they have to work it.

Wow you are a trooper packing the office on a Saturday Patty. But I'm sure you want to hit the ground running on Monday. I have very stubborn gray - the temp stuff just colors my skin, not my hair

Laura, I hope the memorial for your brother was nice. I'm sorry to hear of his passing. So hard to deal with those things, yet it is nice to celebrate someone's life too. Sometimes the hurt never goes away completely.

Ceejay I guess you're back at work on such a beautiful day. Bummer.

And speaking of work, best get outside myself before the day is completely gone. Spend it wisely.
Old 08-23-2009, 02:31 PM   #220  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Happy
Yes, unfortunately I'm back at work. Congrats on those 2 out of 3 pounds lost. I'm at least trying this week and I do have to say one thing, MY body is liking it.

Mel
Too funny about the bird wanting you to cart him around.

Patty
Have you finished packing the office yet?

Laura
((hugs))

Annie
Have a safe trip, but have fun. Enjoy your week end.

Had a bad nights sleep last night. Would sleep for a couple of hours and wake up. I don't think I took the xanax.

The "girls" mowed my yard for the last time on Saturday and told me they were planning on going to Hot Springs where she grew up in September. She's told me that once before but I think they are being forced to leave. Then her ex moved back in with them. I'm not sure what they will do, but it's not my problem. I did give them some items that I was going to take to the Thrift Store. I have a feeling that her son will move back in with them.
I heard a loud pop while ago but could not find any wrong with in the plant.

Sometimes I really get tired of working here. I'm not sure how much longer that I can hold out working 12 hour days and moving 600 pound chemical drums. The money is the only thing that is holding me here. And these weeks that have 44 hours over time and working 12 hour days is rediculous. I'm a little depressed.
The all seeing camera is watching me so I'm out of here.

Last edited by ceejay52; 08-23-2009 at 02:35 PM.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 06:08 PM   #221  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Yesterday got away from me, so I apologise for not getting in here. The last couple of days have been very hot for this time of year. We are not used to going from warm and cozy to hot and bothered in two days. We have now been put on high fire alert and not allowed to light our barbeques etc due to the soaring temp today (33C or 96F) and high winds. Wasn't planning on that anyway.

Ceejay - I can totally relate to the job woes. I think we must all be having them right now. The number of people who have spoken about the loathing they have for the job they have had for years is amazing. Says alot for the employer/ employee relationships and the bond with the almighty dollar.

Happy - well done on 2 or the 3 pounds gained and lost. Go girl. Hope you managed to get all of those chores done around the house and all the boxes shifted. 5 years must be some sort of record! Although maybe not, now I come to think about it. Glad you got to the fresh food market today.

Mel - time to get those peepers under cover. 16 hours. Sometimes I wonder what I am going to do with you. We do not want you to get another outbreak of skin problems or any of the virus' going around. My sister in NZ and my nephew in Melbourne have both got the flu. They are sneezing at each other over facebook. I'm keeping well out of the spray.

Patty - Moving office on a weekend? Have fun with the little spare time you have left for yourself.

Okay - I am off to browse the threads and then start painting in the loo while it is still cool enough to do so. An hour or so in there will just about see me done with the paint. Tiling is not far off either.

I'll be back later to check up on the rest of your weekend.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 07:49 AM   #222  
Happy September

WAVING TO HAPPY CEEJAY AND SHAD.....I SEE YOU 3 POSTED. BUT I WILL BE BACK LATER OR TOMORROW. I NEED TO FINISH HOT GLUING STUIFF FOR THE SENIOR BBQ THAT IS TOMORROW. I HAD NO TIME OVER THE WEEKEND AND WHEN I DID I NEEDED THE REST. JEN AND I HAD ANOTHER GOOD TALK LAST NIGHT. I THINK WE WILL BE ALL TALKED OUT BY THE END OF THE WEEK
HAPPY MONDAY AND HAVE A GREAT DAY WAVING TO EVERYONE ELSE TOO!!
Old 08-24-2009, 07:59 AM   #223  
Choose your hard

Mornin' all,

My car has a boo boo. Apparently a rock hit one of the headlights and made a small hole which fogged up the lamp. DH is taking me to work and he will get the car fixed and we have to leave shortly. What a sweetie

So I'm just waving hi now, will get back on around lunch time.
Old 08-24-2009, 08:19 AM   #224  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Happy Monday ladies -

DH and I went fishing yesterday. The fish weren't biting at all. We think they were hiding down at the depths of the lake because the waterskiers and jetskiers had the water all churned up. Couldn't blame those folks for being out enjoying the nice weather too. Next weekend, we'll try and get out on the lake around dawn so that we have 4 or 5 hours of fishing time before the waterskiers hit the lake. Even though we didn't catch anything, it was a gorgeous sunny day and so nice to be out on the boat.

On Saturday, I spent the morning doing website work. DH is assigned to work on the website at his company, which he would be able to do without any problems as he's pretty darn good with websites. However, the person who initially designed the site seemed to have no idea what they were doing. They set up templates but the pages didn't function as templates...all very confusing. I spent about 3 hours on Saturday morning trying to fix what the original designer mucked up. It should be all good to go now for DH and easy for him to maintain. It's nice to be able to help him out for once, as he fixes my computer issues all the time. I was going to spend Saturday afternoon working on my website, but it was so nice out that I decided to take a nap on the chaise lounge outside. I did that on Sunday morning before fishing too. So blissful, to relax with the dogs around, outside under the shade of the trees listening to the birds. Ahhh.

I have a bunch of errands to run after work, but I'm definitely going to make time to play frisbee and ball with the dogs. We did that a lot this weekend, and they really enjoy it...and yes, so do I. I've still got a tight, crud filled chest, so I'm gonna hold off on the gym for a couple more days.

I'm not sure if the scale will be kind to me this week even though I've stayed within my points. I feel like such a slug since I can't exercise. But I know...I gotta get healthier first.

Patty - Good luck with the move today. Speaking of graying temples...why is it "distinguished" on men, but not on women? And why does Just for Men work in 5 minutes, where women's hair color takes so much longer? It's just not fair. Hope you had a nice visit with your parents.

Mel - I loved the kitty massage photo...so cute! Glad you had a nice time with Jen. I hope your eyes get better. Sheesh, you and Grandson with your eye issues! Sounds like you had quite the day dealing the seniors and the carpet layers. You worked 16 hours on Saturday? No wonder you were tired, and your eyes too!

Happy - My hair gets the most gray on my temples as well, and for some reason, when I get it colored, even though my stylist always puts the color on my temples, it never seems to last more than a few days. The rest of my gray hair isn't stubborn...just the temple area. Luckily, unless you look closely, it blends in fairly well with the rest of the blonde. You're right...Door County is very nice. It is a bit pricey, but the scenery along the lake shore reminds me very much of Massachusetts, especially Cape Cod. Glad you lost most of the junk food weight you gained...and good on ya' for getting to the store and farmers market. Sorry to hear about your headlight. DH is so nice to drive you to work and get it fixed.

Ceejay - Good for your for not worrying about the girls anymore. Wherever they go, whatever they do is up to them. As for you, you are a trooper for handling those long hours and all that overtime. I used to have to work long hours when I first started here (65-75 hour weeks were very common). But thankfully, since I transfered to a different team nearly two years ago, my work hours ore much more normal.

Shad - 96F with high winds?! Wow that is hot and definitely a fire danger. Hang in there and try and stay cool. At least you're smart and do your outside work in the cooler mornings (if there is such a thing with that kind of heat).

Annie - I hope you had a wonderful, fun weekend and safe travels!

I've got tons of stuff to get done today, now that my head is clearer than last week (even if my chest is still full of gunk).

Love and hugs,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 08:41 AM   #225  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Whew weeeeeeee, Monday. What a fabulous weekend. So much stinkin fun. Only took us 4 hours to get home, usually a 5 hour drive. Traffic must of been on our side, plus the one stop I made to go potty, Sam and BF didn't want to get out, so it went quicker.

The party bus, was just that a huge party. WOW!! Um jello shots, don't like them so much. Makes the jello taste funny. Yes, I was over drunk. Woke up yesterday still drunk and a tremendous headache. What a drive home that was. Was sober enough to drive by noon, head still hurt tho. Went to bed when I got home and slept for an hour. All of the brides friend's called me a MILF (Mother I liked to f*cH) for half the night then started calling me a Cougar (a good looking woman over 40 who is dating a younger man-T is 4 years younder than I). How funny. The stripper pole was hilarious. Good time was had by all....oh and we had to wear "Hello my name is" tags. My name was Eileen Ulick (I lean, you lick)....

Shad....don't forget to add to your resume' LOO PAINTER and LOO TILER...lol

MEL...those crazy eyes for yours. Hope they are better this morning. Maybe it is all the senior spit that makes your eyes blurry.

Happy...that d*mned ole gray hair fairy, she has sisters all over the place cause they show up at my house too. Not too keen on the jello shots, I stuck to my margaritas.

Ceejay...cleaning cabinets is not the most fun I ever had. Yik

Patty...I am sending you an extension cord to the losing power cord...come on sista you can get with this program. I am confident in you.

Laura...Glad the vacay was enjoyable, now back to the real world.

Chelle...you are on for fishing when/if I make it up your way. OK, no cold talk..deal. Hope to see/hear less of you at weigh in this week. Keep pounding at it. You are one rockin' sista.

Better get at it, still moving a little slow today.

Hello to all..

Love and Hugs
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote