Old 08-20-2009, 08:47 AM   #196  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Happy Move Your Boobs Day, Ladies!

Shad - Twirling is optional. My girls move just when I walk, especially when I do stairs. So I'm sure you're honoring the day in your own way with all you do. I am listening to my body and not overdoing it. I want to get over this cold or flu or whatever and not let it drag on. And if this cold helps boost my immunity for the fall/winter colds, then I'm all for it. I'm glad your debit card was found. I lost mine, and it was a major pain in the arse to get it replaced. Sorry that your lovely tiles are for the floor and not the wall. Thanks for posting the photo of Radio Times! It's so lovely and really brightened my day!

Ceejay - Good on ya' for starting again!! And for all the bike riding. Here's to deflating our waist tires! Good luck with your RediSetGo appliance. I'm eagerly awaiting your review. Sending you : as you stand up to those girls. YGG! As for food visual aides...in the work-sponsored weight management class I was taking, they suggested using a salad plate rather than a dinner plate so that the smaller portions visually fill the plate making it seem like more food. And to fill at least 1/2 the plate up with vegetables, no more than 1/4 with protein and no more than 1/4 with starch (rice, potatoes, pasta). Here's a link to the Portion Plate visual aide used in class: http://www.theportionplate.com/

Annie - So glad to hear the job situation is looking good for now! Still sending prayers and for your DD. Sending a big your way...you've had a helluva week.

Happy - The grilled brats sound WONDERFUL! I've been looking for some good turkey brats...but haven't found any yet. We grilled out hot dogs the other night, and I piled mine high with kraut! Yummm! Hope you make it to work before the big storms hit.

Mel - I'll be back in butt kicking form soon...don't you worry. I'm hoping to be over this crud by the weekend.

Laura - Since you only eat bacon on a rare occasion, I would say either enjoy the real stuff and plan around it....or try Canadian bacon. I hope you're having a wonderful vacation!!

Well, I'd better get to work.

Lots of love and hugs to all,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 10:54 AM   #197  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

All the comotion, I miss hump day. Today is even better...TWIRL YOUR BOOBS DAY!!! T was over on Tuesday night and did get his trash chore done. lol Of course I fixed dinner too, good trade off for him, I think, cause I never have even one trash can full of trash.

Chelle...typing while twirlling...I have only had 13 smacks in the face by the twirlers and stepped on them twice...
Slowly work your way back into your exercise routine, don't want to get you all the way down for months at a time with sickness.

Shad...the doc says sissy is too young to remove the cervix completely especially since she has not had children yet. I told sis that kids were not EVEN cracked up to all that. They are like puppies and kittens, they grow up and be dogs and cats...

Ceejay....glad you are getting back to the healthy routine. YGG.

MEL...I agree with the weird weather this summer. It has been gray, sunny, gray sunny now gray again and it is only going on 11 am. Hmmm a smelly loo, you must of had a blow out.

Happy...I am not a grilled brats, dogs, or weiner fan, however I would take anything right now that anyone wanted to cook for me.

Laura...hope the vacay is going well.

Hey to everyone.

Love and Hugs
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 01:37 PM   #198  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Hi all,

Here I sit in the cough-a-thon pod at work. Lots of throat clearing, coughing and a few sneezies. Wish these sickos would stay home All profess of course not to be contagious. I was talking to DH last night and started feeling that icky stuff you get in your chest when you're sick. Wasn't sure if the cat was bothering me. DH made me take a snort - yep, just uncork the bottle and take a swig of Nyquil. It had an expiration date of November 08 but he said it was still good. I figured if I was coming down with something, drinking right out of the bottle was not a good idea, so I used the measuring cup. Darn if that stuff didn't make me sleep through the night. I only wished I could have slept about 3 hours more this morning. I think I'm right on the cusp of coming down with something - hoping I can fight it off.

It was a bit chilly this am with the rain so my girls are buried under several layers which is impacting my ability to twirl them. If I hold my left arm close to my chest, I can "flick one" - guess that will have to do. And it doesn't work on the right side. I do admit it's cheering up and otherwise gloomy, miserable day. Annie is doing this with hers apparently step drag step drag

Yesterday we had a meatball sub for supper. I could have done worse eating wise but I am missing my more healthy fare. Can't wait to get to the grocery store this weekend and stock up on the good stuff again. I could do the hot dogs or brats once every other month or so, been eating too much of that stuff for my liking tho DH sees nothing wrong with it. I was hoping to have enough vegetables to make a batch of Michelle's veggie soup but most everything is wilted enough not to be appealing. I tried my best to clear out the fridge before we went on vacation.

Annie - hope your DD will be ok. My niece is dealing with the same problem. Darn if that isn't the most stubborn thing! I agree with you - no offense to parents but yep, kids are not the be all end all and pinnacle of one's life. And the bigger concern would be what you could be passing to the fetus in either the "growing environment" or with the treatments. So many odd things people deal with now that I don't remember hearing when we were younger. I guess gestational thyroid issues are huge now too.

Michelle - I think there is great merit in the salad plate idea. It sure makes the Lean Cuisines look like you've got more there I think I'd rather eat 1 real brat once a month instead of turkey substitutes. I like others have not found a decent turkey sausage / bacon replacement although I have gotten used to turkey chili and meatloaf and don't mind it at all - perhaps it's because I use a 70/30 mix with some real beef thrown in.

Mel - ouch, poor Grandson. Guess flying is tricky. Hope you can avoid that summer flu - it's really devistating. Not enough Mucinex in NJ to see you through it so hide woman and take your antibacterial hand scrub with you! Hope Jen can get her rest now that the kids are back in school.

Laura - hope you are having a great vacation. Looks like a stormy day for you today too - great for napping! Did you get that TV?

Ceejay - what's a ReadySetGo? Hope it works as well as they show on TV. My food processor (while it dices nice salads) is sitting on the counter in the back. It's good that you can identify what foods make you feel better and which are just bad triggers. Now if only we could stick to the plan

Shad - good to hear that you patronize an honest shop maker. Glad you got the debit card back with your funds intact! Could have been scary. The new rose is quite pretty - hope it smells divine. Bummer on the wrong tile. I did the same thing - found the absolute perfect counter tile. Just loved it and it was the right size, color and pattern. Yayyyy. Then DH points out that it's wall tile and won't work on the counters. Just ruined the entire scheme. Hope you can find something that works for you too.

Hi Patty! Hope things are going ok on the work front.

I'm soooo sleepy right now. Wish I could crawl somewhere and take a snooze. The day's only half over. Must-make-this-somewhat-boring-analysis-job-more-interesting. I hope I can make it to bed earlier. Being super tired like this is generally a sign I'm coming down with something but if I can sleep it off, I can generally avoid it.

Happy Thursday to you. **tips hat**
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 02:08 PM   #199  
Annie - Indiana

Happy, blame the tired on the Nyquil and you didn't get it slept off. Sometimes periods coming on make me tired. Or hey, working two jobs and not sleeping at night. It sucks. Start popping extra vitamin Cs. It may all be in my head that it helps ward off the sniffles, but it seems to work whatever it is. I have been working on the 2010 Strategic Plan for two days straight, and my eyes are going crazy. Too much computer and numbers. and really how well can ANYONE guess the future of next year? Slap some numbers in there and hope for the best is what I want to do, however everything has to be justified.
Old 08-20-2009, 03:11 PM   #200  
Creating a Healthier Me

Hey ladies -

I had a great weigh in today!! : I was down 6 lbs!! Now, I'm thrilled and all, but I wonder what's up...I find it hard to believe that just getting over TOM and having this cold and NOT being able to exercise would cause me to lose 6 lbs in week. Hopefully, the scale doesn't "adjust" next week.

Annie - you be careful while twirling, okay? Big hugs for you and DD.

Happy - I hope you don't get sick. Take plenty of Vit. C and Vit. D. Definitely try to get to bed early (like before 11 at least). This bugger hangs on. I went to our clinic at work, and even though the infection seems to have cleared up, the doc gave me some antibiotics and a codeine cough syrup - good stuff! Nyquil is great stuff too. I was taking that over the weekend...probably why I literally slept all the way from Friday morning until Monday night - only got up to eat and go potty. Twirl 'em, flick 'em, long as you're movin' 'em anyway you can it's all good!! DH is an all beef kinda guy...not sure I could sneak turkey into his meatloaf.

Mel - Hope grandson is doing okay.

Signing off for now.

Love and hugs,
Old 08-20-2009, 03:19 PM   #201  
Annie - Indiana

OMG...WOWSER CHELLE on the 6 lbs down.....see what did I tell you...and TOM can do a 10 lb up number on you. If the scale is not friendly next week, don't be upset....good things come to those who wait.....Hugs back at cha.
Old 08-20-2009, 04:43 PM   #202  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,

Michelle - congratulations on the 6lbs. I have to say I expected a loss for you of around 4lb but you've blown it out of the water. This is a combination of fluid loss and fat loss. You may not lose much next week but provided you look after the diet and exercise gently, you shouldn't put any back on. Well done.

Happy - hope you are not coming down with anything. Keep up the citrus and the fluids and flush it right out. Brats I guess are a type of sausage. I like a good flavoured sausage but I am well aware that they don't do me any favours with weight loss. Get thee to the supermarket lass.

Annie - you too need to watch the diet and fluids with the extra stress of carrying two jobs. As for the yearly projection - it's just a guess. No one can predict it too accurately. I always aim for a 10% increase in household expenditure for my budget - not that that compares with your company budget but the theory is the same. Just the scale differs.

Ceejay - hope you manage to convince those girls that you mean business. The cheek of asking for an advance for fuel. They are running a business, they need to learn to budget and run their costs to work with their income. But if they are young generation X people, then it's all about looking groovy and cool and to **** with commitment.

Mel - broken/sprained ankle??? How did they manage that. Trip over the dog? Say hi to Jen when you see her, and look after the bird - he is the only one I've ever heard of with a black eye.

With that, I guess it is time to move along and finish the coffee, watch the news and get on with the day. As soon as the temp rises marginally, I will go out and see how the garden grows this morning. Our daytime temps are rising but it is still cool in the early morning. Better treasure it while I can, I'll be complaining soon enough.

See ya
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 09:06 PM   #203  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Michelle
Great job on those 6 pounds lost. You sound like one of the Biggest Loser contestants.

Mel
Glad to hear that Richie and Jen are all tucked in bed. They need a good rest. Hope the woman in the office is okay. Sprain's can be as bad as a break. Poor grandson, the bird, Hope he's okay too. Glad you are feeling better.

Happy
Those thunder storms above you hit us. It was loud too I jumped out of my chair as the one right above the plant crackled. It shook the building and one of the plug in junction box sizzled. I agree that when you take med's like Nyquil and xanax you have to have more sleep.

Shad, Annie, Patty and Laura,

The ordeal with the "girls" I hope is finished. They have been told that this week end is their last time to mow. And I've told them I have to be in the bed earlier than 9.00 p.m. on my working day's. I was getting a little anxious but I thought I did it in a professional manner.

I used the redi set go appliance and I do like it. But beware you need to be near a ventahood. That little thing puts out some steam. I fixed chicken strips tonight which may be why there was a lot of steam. They were really tender. I'll try one of the recipe's later. I miss my Foreman. May get one of those tomorrow. I have angus meat to make burgers or a meat loaf.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 08:00 AM   #204  
Creating a Healthier Me

Happy Friday ladies -

It was a short week for me, but it feels like it lasted forever. I'm exhausted. I hope this weekend will be relaxing. DH is saying he wants to go fishing both days since we only have about 6 weeks of decent weather left. The weather is already starting to cool down with highs in the upper 60s tomorrow and low 70s on Sunday. At least there's not supposed to be any rain after today.

Annie - Thanks for the congrats and the warning about next week. I'm gonna stick to plan and exercise when my body allows and hopefully I'll be able to avoid a gain.

Shad - I'm going to heed your advice and really stick to it this week...I'm in the two teens now and don't want any upward movement of the scale. Brats (aka bratwurst) are a very yummy sausage...extremely popular in the Upper Midwest. As our weather is cooling off...yours is heating up. Enjoy the cool mornings in the garden!

Ceejay - Good on ya' for standing up to the girls and getting them to respect what you want/need. You are (or were) their customer, and customers have to be treated well or they will take their business elsewhere. Glad you like the redi set go appliance.

A big to Mel, Happy, Patty, Laura and everyone!

Love and big hugs,
Old 08-21-2009, 08:01 AM   #205  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

TODAY JEN AND I WILL HAVE SOME TIME TO REHASH THE SUMMER. WE HAVEN'T HAD A GOOD CHIN WAG IN MONTHS. I COULD DO WITHOUT THE SUMMER DETAILS THE CARPET MEN WILL BE HERE FOR THE NEXT 3-4 DAYS. SAT & SUN I HAVE TO GET THEM INSIDE AND STARTED. HOPEFULLY THEY WON'T BOTHER ME AND JUST DO THEIR JOB. NOT LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS. THEY COME TOO EARLY AND LEAVE TOO LAT...I AM SURE THAT'S HOW IT'S GONNA GO. TODAY WILL FIRM UP THE TIMES. I NEED SOME BREAKFAST.
HAPPY FRIDAY

MICHELLE & ANNIE...NOW LOOK WHAT YOU WENT AND DID....MY BOOBS ARE ALL BRUISED AND SORE FROM YESTERDAY'S ATTEMPTS AT TWIRLING. THEY HIT EVERYTHING IN SIGHT INCLUDING MY HEAD.

MICHELLE~ CONGRATS ON THE WEIGHTLOSS!! NO MATTER WHAT THE REASON :cheer2

ANNIE~ I THINK T IS GETTING THE BETTER END OF THE DEAL. SO NEXT TIME LOAD UP THE CANS!! I AM NOT EVEN SURE GOD KNOWS WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN NEXT MONTH...LET ALONE NEXT YEAR!!!!

HAPPY~ SENDING A HUG AND HOPE YOU AREN'T GETTING SICK. MAYBE THE SINUSES ARE ADJUSTING TO THE CHANGES IN FLORA SINCE COMING HOME....AOR TOO.

JEANETTE~ KEEP US POSTED ON THE APPLIANCE. A FRIEND OF MINE SAID SHE LOVED IT LAST YEAR. I THINK IT'S THE SAME THING. HOW DO YOU LIKE THE FOREMAN GRILL? ENOUGH TO BUY ANOTHER ONE THEN? I KEEP THINKING OF ONE.

SHAD~ SEND SOME COOL AND LESS HUMID WEATHER OVER HERE!! I FEEL LIKE WE'VE MOVED TO THE RAINFOREST! I FIND IT FUNNY THAT THE ROSES ARE GROWING SO WELL AND SUMMER ISN'T THERE YET. HAVE FUN IN THE GARDEN!! LOL

UPDATE: THE BIRD HAS A BLACK AND BLUE EYELID. BUT NOT MUCH. HE SEEMS FINE BUT IS CALMER. SOON ENOUGH HE WILL BE BACK TO HIS NASTY SELF.

THE WOMAN SPRAINED AND TORE A LIGAMENT IN HER ANKLE. SHE'S IN A SOFT BOOT CAST NOW AND WILL BE BACK MONDAY. THIS IS THE ONE RECOVERING FROM A NECK BONE FUSION! SHE FELL AS SHE WAS GETTING OFF A CHAIR.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 09:53 AM   #206  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Morning all,

Wow, Friday already. This week sure flew by. Highs in the 60's Michelle? Geez, I noticed our LOWS were hitting the upper 60's and I thought that was bad. I am noticing things too that signal summer is rolling to an end. Some early turning trees are starting already, I can see the sun at a lower angle - when I turn into my driveway at night it kinda "fogs" the windshield making it hard to see if the glass isn't completely clean. The nights are getting cooler too. Just a bit but enough to notice. DH said we should think about closing the pool for the season but I have to admit, we missed the last hot spell when we were on vacation and it's getting too cool at night and not warm enough during the day to keep the water above 80 degrees which is swimmable to me.

In other news...

Michelle - you rock girl Congrats on SIX freakin' pounds down. That is awesome. I know you were so bummed the other week when you were very good and had a slight gain but I guess that shows you that we just have to be patient. Awesome! I hope you can get out early and fish both days. The one positive about summer winding down is that I find at least I put more of a focus on enjoying those last few weeks - sounds like you do too.

Mel - the idea of you swinging around with your boobs socking you in the head had me in stitches Poor baby birdy with a black eyelid He must have wacked himself good. Give him an extra seed treat. And have a good chat with the DD.

Ceejay - glad you got things straightened out with the girls. Sometimes that can be a real pain. I will have to check out that redi set go appliance. I have an original George Foreman griller, I think the ones out now are much improved.

Shad - did you get out and work that garden? Guess you are right - enjoy those cool mornings before the blazing sun comes down on you. Or just go sniff those pretty roses!

Annie - if theres one thing that sux more than the strategic plan, it's the duffo-rama FIVE YEAR strategic plan. I'm glad I don't have to deal with that right now but we would all dread that one. Took us 5 years to get the darn thing done and we rarely got much of anything accomplished other than 5,000 prints of various versions. I really admire you for working 2 jobs, don't know where you get the energy from.

Coffee break is over. Best get to finishing my analysis. Hellos to Patty and Laura - have a good Friday everybody.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 10:15 AM   #207  
Annie - Indiana

Well here it is FRIDAY!!!

Samantha and I leave for St. Louis tomorrow morning for a safe, uneventful, accident-free trip....insert prayers here. It is bachlorette party weekend. Party bus leaves at 7:00 pm Saturday night. The bus' decor is 1960s with a stripper pole inside. Beer and jello shots provided on the bus. I am taking a bottle of Jose Cuervo Margarita, as I am not much into anything else. May try a jello shot as I have never had one. Hard to believe, but nope have not...Will head back home on Sunday. Quick weekend, then work at Humana and CVS on Monday. I won't be worth a poo.

Shad...while you are beginning to enjoy the wonderful weather coming your way, we get to look forward to the yuckiness of winter. Yuck! We have not had much of a summer here in Indy, mostly rain, rain and more rain. Sick of rain.

Ceejay...good for you for sticking to your guns with the girls and mowing. The little sh*ts these days don't seem to want to work for their money, they want it handed to them. I want mine handed to me too, but also work my *ss off earning it.

Chelle...I would love to go fishing with you and DH this weekend, I think it would be entertaining for all of us. lol I absolutely love to fish and have not been in about 5 years. That is disgusting, especially as much as I enjoy it. Have a relaxing, re-couperating, fishing weekend my dear.

MEL...OMG bruised boobies are not good. Mine too are brusied, saggy and wrinkly however only the bruised part is from twirling. haha. They look disgusting and that is NOT a haha. You and Jen should fix some tea (long island) and have a nice conversation.

I am leaving today at 2:00 pm, taking personal time off. I have a few things I want to accomplish before the travels this weekend. I have not visited mom and dad for 2 weeks cause of all this working. I am going by their house first, then off to home to get other things done.

Woke up with a headache this morning, too much stress this week, not enough booze. haha

Hello to EVERYONE...

Have a groovy weekend. I most likely will not be posting this weekend.

Love and Hugs,
Old 08-21-2009, 10:19 AM   #208  
Annie - Indiana

Hey Happy, you sneaker inner....yeah strategic plans do require a lot of death to trees. Way too many copies IMO. I agree the weather is too cold for swimming, you would freeze your tassles off. The weather is just plain weird. Have a great weekend, my dear.
Old 08-21-2009, 10:20 AM   #209  

Annie – Glad to hear you're still in a job. Not sure why your job goes if your boss's doesb, hmmm. I think I'd have some nasty (more like jealous) thoughts about someone who doesn't really need a job who's still working and taking a spot someone else could certainly fill. But since that isn't the case here, then it's good she's staying on. The 2010 budget was one of my recently completed projects. Round 1 anyway. Safe trip!!

Ceejay – Oh, yeah - easier to hire than to fire. Hope that goes okay for you. Too funny to find the boss and guest catching you doing the neck rolls! I always worry that a big shot's going to come walking by my cube right when I'm changing from gym shoes and athletic socks into trouser socks and dress shoes – at the point when my feet are bare. How very professional!

Happy – I hope you stay healthy amid all the sickies. Nyquil knocks me out too, thankfully. Nothing worse than feeling bad than being awake all night feeling bad.

Mel – Ow, broken ankle, on top of neck fusion. Enjoy the time with Jen. Finally the carpet is going in! Hope that goes smoothly.

Michelle – Congrats on the loss, take it any way it comes, within reason, of course! Very hard to know why the body gains and loses or maybe it's more likely retains and loses. When it's humid, my watch band feels tighter and when it's cool & dry – very loose around my wrist.

Hello to Patty!

Shad – I'm glad your debit card was located without too much trouble. Bummer on the tile! Hope you find another perfect tile for your application. Oh, I really like the Radio Times rose. Very pretty.

Vacation's been nice so far. We picked up the tv from a couple not far from us. Of course it was a dusty time removing the old one from the wall bracket (we've got it on a hospital style thingy attached to the wall). The replacement set has the same size screen, but smaller housing and silver instead of dark, so it blends a bit better with our light colored walls. The cable box no longer could sit on top of the tv (due to aforementioned smaller tv housing), so we pulled out the (unused) vcr and put the cable box in that spot in the holder under the tv. I think we're going to recycle both the kaput tv and the old vcr today – an electronics dealer in our area accepts them for free.

Wed. night was dinner w/ my HS friend. Very nice, except my drive to the restaurant – pouring rain. But it cleared out by the time we finished. Thursday lunch was a sushi/seafood buffet with my movie group friends. I didn't eat any raw stuff, but I enjoyed it and would go back with bf sometime. Rest of yesterday was nice – dog walk, sewing, tv, reading. Enough sun and warmth for me in between brief rain/cloud sessions. Today's started off cool and gloomy, boo. Tonight is a memorial service for my brother who passed in April. The April service was out of state where he and his family live, and this one is her in Chicago where there's still many friends and family. Can't say I'm looking forward to this (the April one was so very difficult to get through), but I'm glad everyone here will be able to pay their respects. After that I'm going to game night at one of the movie gals' house. Between now and then…maybe some sewing, online shopping and general puttering. Still need to find lodging for our short getaway next week! Any of our Midwestern contingent been to Saugatuck, Michigan??

Sorry for the long ramble! Have a good Friday everyone!
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 12:38 PM   #210  
Creating a Healthier Me

Mel - Poor grandson with the bruised eyelid. Enjoy your time with Jen.

Happy - I'm definitely going to savor these last weeks of summer. DH said it will probably be too windy to fish on Saturday, but we'll definitely get out on Sunday. I'm noticing it getting darker earlier...and it's now dark when I leave for work (at 5:30 am). But hopefully in a few months, I'll get home before dark...that would be a treat. I hope you have a great weekend! Are you going to the Farmer's Market?

Annie - Good for you for leaving early today! So nice that you're making time to see your folks before your weekend getaway. Sounds like your weekend will be a total blast! Sending lots of :, prayers and for a safe trip. You've never had a jello shot? I really like 'em. Next time you're up this way, DH and I will definitely take you fishing! It would be such a great time!! Oh, and I'm sure T does NOT think your boobs look disgusting. Annie, how 'bout you and I make a pact to not talk about the cold season coming up, okay?

Laura - Sounds like most of your vacay week was very nice. Sending you for the memorial service. Losing a loved one is so hard. I hope you can ease your sorrows with the laughs at game night! I've never been to Saugatuck Michigan...I don't even know where that is. Have fun making getaway plans.

Well, it's back to work for this chick!

Here's to a great rest of the day and a wonderful weekend for all of us!