Old 06-03-2009, 02:59 PM   #31  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Annie - okay...just make sure you crawl into bed alone! Tony is probably still contagious!
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 05:35 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Jumping in to say hello I'm taking the Rav4 to Jonesboro, AR Friday for an oil change. Going to make it an outing. I may ask some neighbors to go with me. Saturday I will make an appearance at the uncle's get together at noon.

Happy
No haven't go the furniture yet. Hopefully by lateFriday afternoon or early Saturday morning it will be here.

Last edited by ceejay52; 06-03-2009 at 05:36 PM.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 05:37 PM   #33  

Oh I was going to mailbox after work yesterday and almost stepped on a baby bird. Momma bird was surely sqawking at me.
Old 06-03-2009, 09:34 PM   #34  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
It's foggy, grey and cold here in Sydney. I'm really longing for home tomorrow. Can't come quick enough.

Annie - sorry to hear that you are feeling sick and that the body is not functioning to specification today! Get better soon. Same to Tony.

Mel - glad to hear that you are feeling better about things. Hopefully the swollen glad will return to normal soon. Glad to hear that someone did something right for a change and the building was locked up properly.

Michelle - Hope the acupuncture went okay and you get some relief from it. My friend Chris who used to live in Japan had that several times for different ailments. She thought it was great (but expensive). Keep going on the stretches and whatever exercise you can do without pain. It can only help.

Ceejay - glad you didn't get to step on the bird. Hope mama bird starts taking better care of the chicks now. You'll be looking forward to the furniture coming. Did you decide on appliances.

Happy - you and me both - a month off. I'd like to retire but can't see it happening yet. Even working only part of the year would be great, but not great for the superannuation or the bank balance.

I've been on the verge of feeling like I am getting the flu for weeks now, but it just doesn't go any further or get any better. I hate taking vitamin pills, but may just have to if I don't get into sunlight shortly. The hammock came back from the shed last time I was home, but unfortunately the frame is history. I'll have to try to see if I can get another one soon.

Hi to everyone else. I've just been in a meeting whereby I was supposed to learn alot. Well I did learn some, but they went so fast, I missed some of it. Seems I don't actually have a huge course to do at all. Well that makes a change, but I have a feeling that todays status quo will be tomorrows decision change.

Better go and write things down while they are fresh in the mind.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 06:13 AM   #35  

Good morning all.

Michelle - is that what R.I.C.E. stands for? I always thought it was Rum on Ice, Chocolate, and Ease up!

Annie, hope you are feeling better. As far as yesterday's start to the day, just remember what they say "@#$% happens!"

Everyone else, have fun, feel better. Enjoy the sun.

I need to refind my motivation still, that is for sure. Crazy days. Late nights. Tired. Not wanting to work out. This is not the way to success. I missed last night's run, and now am skipping this mornings. I bought a knee strap to try, but don't really want to try it. I am bad.

Have a good day all
jollygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 07:58 AM   #36  
Creating a Healthier Me

Good morning ladies -

I had a good acupuncture treatment yesterday, and I'm beginning to feel a little better and hoping it continues and improves. I've got PT this afternoon. My hamstrings and glutes are still REALLY tight, and I know that can tweak the back muscles...so I'll be trying to stretch at my desk from time to time during the day. Tonight, after work, I'm getting together with former co-workers for a Happy Hour, which should be fun. And tomorrow is the drag races. Yay! It looks like it's gonna be a rainy weekend, but I'm still holding out hope that the forecast is wrong. But if it does rain, I may be able to get to the gym on Saturday and/or Sunday, which would be a good thing.

Ceejay - Glad you didn't step on the baby bird. I hope it got back to the nest okay. Have a fun trip to Jonesboro tomorrow and a good time at the uncle's get together on Saturday. Are you still at odds with your aunt?

Shad - I can only imagine how homesick you must be since you had no time off between assignments and with the foggy dreary Sydney weather. The combination of acupuncture and PT seems to be helping, slower than I'd like, but it is helping. Here in Wisconsin for a 1 hour acupuncture visit, the price ranges from $45 to $100, depending on the practitioner. As for vitamins...there's been a lot of talk in the news about Vitamin D and how it can help the immune system, and how most people (especially those of us in the Northern US and Canada) are deficient in Vitamin D. I've been taking it daily since February and it seems to be helping me avoid sickess (knock on wood). Ahhhh, a hammock sounds so nice. I've been debating between getting a hammock and a porch glider, I think I may just treat myself to one of those for the summer.

Jolly - I like your version of R.I.C.E. better than mine! Here's your :buttkick: I can understand with your busy schedule and your knee pain why you don't want to exercise, but just do it anyway. You'll feel better for it.

Annie - I hope you're feeling better and that today isn't "crappy" like yesterday. Sorry for the bad pun, but I couldn't resist!

Mel - I hope you're enjoying a nice trip to TJ's.

Happy, Patty and everyone - Have a Terrific Thursday!

Lots of love and hugs to all,
Old 06-04-2009, 08:16 AM   #37  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Mornin'

No personals today...I feel really like crap, altho I did not do that in my pants this morning. Thanks for all the sh*tty puns, that made me laugh. All of this has settled in my lungs and I feel like poo. Not the poo in my lungs, the cold part.

Anyway, have a bright sunshiney day!

Love and Hugs
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 08:47 AM   #38  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Howdy chicks,

Thanks for the laugh of the day on the R.I.C.E. definition Jolly I'm not motivated either, just keep plodding through telling yourself - get one or two things done so you don't completely backslide.

Annie - I think feeling sick in the warm weather is way worse than in the winter. I recommend some warm apple cider with a cinnamon stick and a shot of Southern Comfort. Tho I hate the taste of whiskey, the apple and cinnamon cover it up. 2 cups and you'll have a nice warm glow about you 3 cups and you won't care that your sick. 4 cups and you'll sleep until the cold is over and done with.

Shad - every picture I've ever seen of Sydney is bright, sunny and brilliant blue skies. Grey weather in the big crowded city is not your style at all. I think you were happier in the mines of Toowumba or where ever that was. Are you going home for the weekend? We have to form a commune and pool our resources together, maybe then we can semi retire.

Ceejay - oops on the baby bird. Did it fall out of it's nest? When DH was trying to help the last baby straggler keep up with the rest of the others, the baby was squeeking and the parents came and were dive bombing DH.

Michelle - geez you really did yourself in this time. Seems like things are tighter than a drum in you. I know the hip bursitis was really frustrating for me. I think it's a double whammy for you with the hip and the back. Just keep plugging away. I think you need a bout in the hot tub with a nice cool umbrella drink to relax you

Speaking of umbrella drinks, Mel wants to know where hers is. Coming up Missy. Do you want a cherry and orange slice with that? I think Mel can run our commune - she has enough prior experience. Just remember to bring Willy and the bus.

Ok, I've used more time than I should have here. On with the day. See yah chicks.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 09:39 AM   #39  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

HAPPY~ YOUR POST REMINDED ME OF THE "IT GIRL"...SOME MOVIE ACTRESS OF LONG AGO. HOPE YOU GET A NIGHT HOME JUST TO SIT AND RELAX. I AM GOING TO MAKE THAT CHICKEN NEXT WEEK. MADE MY MOUTH WATER YOU CAN PUT ANYTHING YOU LIKE INTO MY DRINK SO LONG AS I CAN STILL DRIVE TO MY BED YES...I ALMOST FORGOT...I BETTER BRING WILLY AND THE BUS...HE IS VERY DEPENDABLE!!!

ANNIE~ HOPE THE THROAT FEELS BETTER AND YOU CAN BUNDLE UP OVER THE WEEKEND AND RELAX. SO SORRY TO HEAR THIS IS REALLY BLOOMING. GIVE THE GERMS BACK TO MR. TONY

MICHELLE~ GOOD FOR YOU FOLLOWING THE ORDERS. I THINK OF YOU EVERY DAY HAVE A GREAT TIME WITH THE WORKERS AND ENJOY THE RACES. GREAT WEEKEND LINED UP. WILL PRAY FOR SUN

GOING TO THE NEXT PAGE...HOLD ON A SEC......

CEEJAY~ OOOH A BABY BIRD. HOW CUTE. ENJOY THE TIME OUT AND HAVE A GOOD TIME IN JONESBORO!!! BUYS SOMETHING NICE!!

SHAD~ LET US HOPE YOU ARE NOT GETTING THE FLU OR ANY OTHER KIND OF BUGGY!!! I WAS JUST LISTENING TO THE NEWS AND THEY SPOKE OF THE FLU IN THE SOUTHERH HEMISPHERE FOR THE FALL/WINTER. WE ARE WATCHING IT IN THIS COUNTRY TO SEE HOW YOU GUYS ARE GOING TO DO. SO DON'T GO CATCHING ANY GERMS!

JOLLY~ I CAN SEE WE'RE GOING TO HAVE TO SIC SHAD AND THE CATTLE PROD UPON YOU FOR SOME GENTLE MOTIVATION

GOOD MORNING CHICKS. I OVERSLEPT TODAY OF ALL DAYS AND IT WAS RAINING SO I CANCELLED THE SHOPPING. JUST NOT UP TO BOUNCING AROUND ON THE BUS WITH THESE HEADACHES. SEEMS LIKE ONE FOR EACH PROBLEM IF I DON'T MOVE AROUND A LOT, IT DOESN'T HURT. SO RELAXING IS THE AGENDA FOR THE DAY
HAPPY THURSDAY/FRIDAY

Last edited by MELODY525; 06-04-2009 at 09:53 AM.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 10:54 AM   #40  
Creating a Healthier Me

Annie - That sucks that your cold has settled in your lungs. I HATE it when that happens. I hope you feel better very, very soon. I do like Happy's advice about the "get-well" drink.

Happy - I like your advice about the hot tub and umbrella drink. Though I don't think the Y serves umbrella drinks poolside...so I may have to enjoy them separately. I'm getting better slowly but surely. But I will get back to being good as new. I just have to be good and listen to my body (oh yeah, and the docs and PT).

Mel - Sorry you didn't make it to TJ's. Enjoy a nice and relaxing day with the grandson!

Love and hugs,
Old 06-04-2009, 05:04 PM   #41  

Annie
Hope Tony didn't give you his germs. Feel better soon. (((hugs))))

Michelle
Could you count those PT sessions as exercise minutes? Seem like you are getting some good work out's. Have you tried Yoga for stretching?

Happy
Did you get this slow moving rain?

Jolly
I think you and I are in the same boat. We need to kick our attitude to the curb.

Mel
Good for you in taking care of yourself. I'm beginning to know my limitations.

My furinture arrived this afternoon. I'm enjoying my new desk. My pillow top matress and box spring are so high I may need a step ladder to get on them, but once there they are very comfortable. I'm really going to enjoy having some extra space to put things away in drawers.

I woke up this morning with a lot of sinus drainage in my throat. This afternoon my throat feels like it's getting sore. I'll take another Benedryl tonight and see if that helps.

I may forego my trip to Jonesboro tomorrow and do some major house cleaning.
Old 06-04-2009, 05:27 PM   #42  
Creating a Healthier Me

Hi Ceejay - For right now, the PT sessions are mostly very deep tissue massage, ultrasound and electrical stimulation to loosen the tight muscles and relieve the pain. But I count the PT exercise that I do at home as stretching/strengthing minutes. I have tried Yoga for stretching, but my PT has requested that for now anyway I stick to the stretches that she gave me. Glad you're new furniture arrived and that you're enjoying it! What a wonderful gift to yourself!
Old 06-04-2009, 06:25 PM   #43  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
Yeaaaaaaa it's Friday and time to go home for a few days. I will mess around here at work for a few hours and then catch the train to the airport. The service here from almost outside the office building to the domestic airport takes around 20 minutes and is somewhat expensive, but better than a cab. Believe it or not (every city in Aus has some strange and weird way of doing things) if I want to get a return ticket from the airport at the same time I will save $7.00. Pretty good hey, unfortunately the ticket states that you have to return on the same day! WTF.

Today also dawned foggy and cool, but has cleared and warmed up somewhat. We may even get some blue sky today - wonders will never cease. Brisbane was apparently fogbound this morning too, but fog there always clears to a beautiful and sunny day.

Michelle - Glad to hear the PT and accupuncture is moving along and you are feeling better. You will be back to your old self soon now. Have fun at the drag racing.

Annie - get better soon. It's too bad of Tony to so generously share his bugs.

Ceejay - so glad the furniture arrived and you are enjoying it. You could count it as exercise if you took a running jump up onto the bed.

Happy - love the medical advice for the flu. My dad always used to say that you should take whisky and lemon in hot water (1 part lemon juice, one part water to how ever many parts of whisky you fit in the glass) for a cold or flu. Doesn't make the symptons go away but at least you feel happier about them.
How's the pensioner going?? Lucky man.
By the way, how was the Aussie yoghurt and what was it?

Mel - I am not getting the flu or anything. I do have bad sinus' but then I've always had those. Victoria is in the middle of a swine flu epidemic, but the rest of the States of Australia aren't doing too bad. There are flu shots for those who want them, and being an independent contractor, I suppose I should take every opportunity to avoid the plague. However I always go down with a dose of flu every time I have one. If I don't participate, I don't normally get anything all winter. Sometimes a layer of fat is very protective
Is the doctor in on Saturday afternoon around 3 - 4.00pm?

Jolly - take no notice of Mel, I am not the one to motivate right now. It's taking all my effort to get myself to the gym downstairs and to do the crunches in my challenge on Red's thread. I fully understand the not wanting to go out and put in the miles. You should hear the argument going on in my head all the time.

Okay - better go do some work - the day might just go a bit faster. See you in Brissie.

Last edited by Shad; 06-04-2009 at 06:26 PM.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 07:49 AM   #44  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

JEANETTE~ THE FURNITURE CAME YES IT'S NICE TO HAVE DRAWER SPACE! OU WILL BE SO ORGANIZED NOW! HAPPY HOUSE CLEANING OR TRAVELING. WHICHEVER YOU DECIDE!

SHAD~ I BELIEVE THE FLU SHOT BEING OFFERED IS FOR THE HUMAN FLU AND NOT THE SWINE FLU. THEY ARE STILL WORKING ON A SWINE FLU SHOT. SO THINK ABOUT IT. YES THE DR WILL BE IN AND HAVE THE PHONE PLUGGED IN TOO HANG IN THERE.

MICHELLE...NO HOT TUB FOR YOU JUST YET MISSY!

I FEEL LIKE I AM STUCK IN THE "RAINS OF MANCHIPUR" MOVIE. SUNNY, RAINY. FOGGY, RAINY. CLOUDY, RAINY. WTF! IS THIS ANY WAY TO BEGIN THE SUMMER? I BOUGHT SUNSCREEN AND CAN'T EVEN USE IT YET JUST AS WELL CAUSE I REALLY CANNOT GO IN THE SUN RIGHT NOW WITH THESE GLANDS ANYWAY.
THIS MORNING MY COMPUTER IS JUST DOING WHATEVER IT FEELS LIKE...LET'S RUN A SCAN WHILE MEL IS TRYING TO TYPE. OH..DON'T WANT TO RUN A SCAN? SO SORRY..THEN LET'S TRY TO DOWNLOAD UPDATES FOR MC AFEE
OK I TOLD IT TO GO SIT IN THE CORNER FOR SOME TIME OUT. NOW WHERE WAS I? OH YES...SAYING GOODBUYE!!
HAVE A GREAT FRIDAY AND A VERY HAPPY WEEKEND. HOPE THE SUN SHINES FOR ALL OF US

Last edited by MELODY525; 06-05-2009 at 07:52 AM.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 08:04 AM   #45  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning chicks,

I second the Friday! Just have to get through the workday first.

Enjoy your weekend at home Shad. Hope you have warmth and sun to recharge your batteries. Your ticket sounds like the one day bus pass we have in parts here in the States. Good for travelling around the city touring if you like but impractical for a round trip for the airport. The pensioner is doing fine thanks for asking. Very busy he is. He planted alot of flowers, the yard is looking very good. Not sure he will have any corporate related work soon but it's ok - much to do around the homestead. I forgot to mark down the brand of yogurt - it was good - thinner than the greek stuff. Will try and pick up another one this weekend.

Michelle - I can see the differences between yoga and PT exercises even tho both get you in some contorted positions! I wonder how they come up with these things in the first place

Ceejay - yes we got the rain - soaking in parts, downpours other times, plants are loving it. We have a high bed also. I got a small Rubbermaid brand stool to help guests "make the leap" Glad you're enjoying the new stuff.

Mel - hope your headache went away and you are ready to kick keester for the weekend - or just sit and wave to your subjects out the window Be careful. I noticed last night it's a full moon so the crazies will be out in force.

Hope you woke up feeling better Annie.

That's about it for me, I have to get to an early morning meeting. to all the chicks.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote