Old 06-01-2009, 07:12 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Shad
thanks for getting us started for June.

Annie
Good loss with the inches and pounds. Maybe next week end you can go for a ride on the Harley. Hope Tony feels better soon.

Mel
The recipe looks delicious.

Michelle
What a tragedy! I must be slipping I didn't hear that on the news. But then again I may have been busy doing other things.

Happy
We understand about the time. I haven't been able to post as much as I'd like too.

To all the rest

Still not much happeniing on my end.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 07:20 AM   #17  

Wow. It is hard keeping up with all of you. Thanks for sharing Rainbow Bridge. I have read it before too, but it is so nice to share. Michelle - take it slow and steady. Mel, that recipe looks incredible!

WEll, no more waiting on one thing. I got my grades yesterday. I passed. Didn't do as well as I would have liked, but about what I expected. The main thing is that I passed, and don't have to repeat. Yeah

Also, little sis got her keys last night, so I hear you Michelle on the sleep deprivation. Was over there late changing locks. Should have been a 5 minute job, but forgot about old houses with old doors What should have taken one person 5 minutes, ended up needing the whole family and the whole evening. Ah well.

Have a great day all
jollygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 07:56 AM   #18  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Hello my wonderful worldly friends!

My co-worker found out that it was, in fact, his 23-year old nephew who was shot and killed at the recruiting office in Little Rock, AR. He and another soldier (who was wounded) were just out of Basic Training and not even deployed yet. They weren't recruiting officers...they were just asked to help out with recruiting efforts. It's so awful. So senseless! I feel so sad for my co-worker and his family.

I couldn't find my bathing suit yesterday and didn't want to rush to the store to get a new one so I went to the gym last night and did 1/2 hour on the recumbent stepper. I still can't figure out why my back and hip lets me do 1/2 hour on the recumbent stepper with no pain, but I can't walk for 10 minutes. Oh well, at least I'm moving...and enjoying it!

Annie - I hope Tony is feeling better. Will he be able to get in to see the ENT soon?

Jolly - Congrats on passing the classes! So nice of you and the family helping your little sister change the locks!

A big and to Shad, Mel, Happy, Ceejay, Patty, Ruth, Painter, Madcat and everyone!

Love and hugs,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 08:02 AM   #19  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

SORRY NO PERSONALS TODAY. GOT A REAL PROBLEM WITH DRY EYE. WILL BE BACK MANANA. GOOD THING I DID TAKE OFF TODAY. HAPPY TUESDAY!
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 08:21 AM   #20  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Good Morning....ahhhhhh, relaxing day at work....all of management is out. Not really, this means I have to buckle down and get things done that I cannot normally get done when management is here. Well maybe....right now it is Java time. Thanks for the well wishes for Tony, however he cannot get into the doc until today so he is not much better yet. Baby boy came home last night, we went to my mom and dad's for a visit. My mom said, well you haven't been over here in a long time Annie. What do you call all day a week ago? I am telling you she is losing it.

MEL...What a way to spend a day off, with dry eye. Dang it anyways. Hope the eye gets better and you can enjoy the remainder of the day.

Ms Chelle...I am with you on the exercise...who cares what it is we do as long as we are moving...glad you made it to the gym. Sorry to hear of your co-workers nephew. So very sad and so young.

Jolly...A BIG CONGRATS on passing the class....WTG. Glad your sis got her keys, then change the locks. Sounds kind of redundant. lol

Ceejay...Hidee Ho...let's get something happening at your end. Something fun too!

Shad...hope the job is going well and you are not crashing the system today.

Hey to everyone and have a super marvelous day.

Much love and many hugs,
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 08:33 PM   #21  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
My body, hair and brain have decided they do not like Sydney and I am having motivation trouble here. All I want to do is sleep and sneeze. And I'm not doing either of those very well. I think I needed some more down days between assignments.

Mel - I like the sound of that recipe and may try it out over the weekend. Experiment on the family. I can't wait to go home. I may need to book the psychiatrists time over the weekend - if you are not doing anything.

I can't get my e-mail in here for some reason. It's probably the firewall thanks to my worm of last week, so I need to get to the internet cafe to check that out. May do that tonight. If any of you have sent me an e-mail, thats why there has been no reply!!!!

Jolly - congrats on the grades. In today's mediocre world it doesn't seem to matter how good they are as long as you passed. I know I was horrified when I did a diploma course in training and was only judged as J (Passed) or M (failed) J for joy, m for misery!!! The online tutor said he wished he could give me better scores but that was the way life went on campus these days. Bah humbug.

Michelle - my condolences to the co-worker. What a world this is turning into.
Hope that back comes right very soon. You must have had enough of it by now. I've been down in the gym at the apartment block. I might even try out the pool tonight. It's heated, it'd need to be.

That's all the time I have right now. Apologies to those not mentioned. Gotta go.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 06:34 AM   #22  

Hey all. Thanks for the congrats. Just glad I don't have to repeat anything. But need to be better prepared for other professors who have a teaching style that doesn't work with my learning style, so I can teach myself.

Michelle, so sorry to hear about your coworker. Makes you wonder what this world is coming to.

Annie, yeah, it does seem redundant, doesn't it? We offered to take care of the problem and replace the locks when she couldn't GET the keys, but she decided to do things legal like

Ah well, time to get ready for work. No weights this morning. I managed to trip last night on my run, and my knee is bugging me again. I think I need to look into one of those knee strap thingies.

Have a great day all
jollygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 08:08 AM   #23  
Creating a Healthier Me

Good morning/evening ladies -

I had a great PT session yesterday, and got some new stretches to do at home. My PT told me to avoid any additional "unnecessary" walking (so no more trying to walk...even for 5 or 10 minutes...at lunch time). But she's encouraging me to continue to use the recumbent stepper (NuStep) as long as it doesn't cause me pain. So I went to the gym last night and did 1/2 hour on the NuStep and then came home, ate dinner and did my PT exercises/stretches. I have signed on to Red's 21 day challenge to track the following for the next 3 weeks: Eat at least 3 servings of veggies daily, drink at least 60 ounces of water daily, and do my PT exercises daily. I'm continuing my 90 minutes of exercise/week with Annie and Mel.

Today after work is acupuncture...and I'm supposed to take it easy afterward...so no gym tonight. Tomorrow night, I'm getting together for Happy Hour with former co-workers. And Friday, it's off to the races...drag races that is. DH and I are going to the drag races in IL, which is always a lot of fun...but a lot of walking around too (I'll make sure to take frequent rest breaks). So far, the weekend weather forecast is pretty rainy, but in my few years of living here in Wisconsin...I've learned never to trust weather forecasts more than a day in advance.

Mel - I hope your eye is doing better today.

Annie - I hope you are feeling better, and I hope Tony feels better soon too. So nice that your DS is back home. Like your mom, my DMIL's memory ain't what it used to be either.

Shad - Sorry to hear you're having a rough time adapting to the Sydney climate. Hopefully you'll get to rest this weekend at home. Are you going to be going home every weekend? Yes, I have had enough of the back pain...but I know it will get better very soon. I just keep doing what I'm told (which is hard since I can be a bit rebellious at times) and listening to my body and thinking positively about how wonderful it will be to go on long walks and hikes again!

Jolly - Sorry to hear about your knee. Remember - R.I.C.E. (Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation).

Happy - I know you're super busy....I hope you're taking time out to enjoy your kitties (indoors and outdoors) and your birdies in the yard.

Ceejay - Same goes for you...I hope you're taking some time out for you.

Love and big hugs,
Old 06-03-2009, 08:08 AM   #24  
Annie - Indiana

Hump day....and miserable.....

Had God awful pains in the tummy on the way to work. Low and behold, I crapped my pants walking in. That took about 20 minutes to take care of, now waiting on the mall to open to go find some cheap panties. Not to mention I am still having after affects from the surgery and have to wear a mattress pad. Throat is killing me, thank you very much Mr. Tony. I am sure I got it from him. He was diagnosed with sinus and eye infection and bronchitis. He is a mess. Three types of drugs. Whine Whine Whine, I want my mommie. Boo hoo hoo, I feel like poo, literally.

Jolly...Go easy on the knee, you have to use it for a long time to come. Running is just not healthly for any of us. lol.

SHAD...better call ahead for that psychiatrist appt with MEL, I am sure she is pretty booked up. Let me check her appt book, one moment, ah yes, she said to put you through immediately. Feel better.

Hello to everyone reading, even you lurkers.

Love and Hugs,
Old 06-03-2009, 08:11 AM   #25  
Annie - Indiana

Oh Ms. Chelle...you rat fink, you sneaked in on me. or is that snuck? hehe Let me know how you like the acupuncture, I am dying to know how well it works. Have fun at the drag races and don't over do it.

Love ya sista
Old 06-03-2009, 08:17 AM   #26  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

ANNIE~ YOUR MOM WAS LUCKY TO HAVE YOU BOTH. SOME OF THE PEEPS OVER HERE NEVER SEE THEIR RELATIVES AFTER THEY'RE DONE UNPACKING!! OH I SEE YOU JUST SNUCK IN...DANG NOT A NICE WAY TO BEGIN THE DAY EITHER. HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER AND FIND SOME UNDIES!! YOU NEED TO CARRIE SPARES AROUND WITH YOU LIKE WE DO!!

MICHELLE~ GOOD LUCK ON THE RED BALLOON CHALLENGE. AND HOPE THE ACCUPUNCTURE GOES WELL TODAY. FINGERS CROSSED.

SHAD~ I HAVE LOTS OF OPENINGS OVER THE WEEKEND! YOU MAY UNLOAD YOUR CARES AND WORRIES AND RETURN TO THE SWEET AND LOVING PERSON YOU WERE BEFORE YOU LEFT!

JOLLY~ HOPE THE KNEE FEELS BETTER SOON.

NOTHING NEW HERE. ONLY 4 PHONE CALLS ASKING ME WHAT TO DO ABOUT CLOSING THE BLDG FOR ELECTION NIGHT. I FINALLY WENT DOWN AT 10PM CAUSE I COULDN'T SLEEP THINKING THE BLDG WASN'T LOCKED UP RIGHT BUT IT WAS. I AM ON A REST BREAK STILL TODAY. ONE GLAND IS STILL SWEOLLEN AND I WANT TO GO TO TRADER'S TOMORROW.
HAVE A GREAT DAY.

Last edited by MELODY525; 06-03-2009 at 08:24 AM.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 08:28 AM   #27  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Hi ladies,

Annie - sorry about your lousy start to the day. Maybe you should keep a small "emergency kit" at work. We used to do that - being in the I.T. field you never knew when you had to pull and all nighter. Just a few things to freshen up if you need it. Hope your day gets better.

Michelle - was wondering if the recumbant stepper (like the bike) used different muscles so it didn't stress the hips as much as walking? The drag races sound like lots of fun. Hope you have a great time!

Jolly - congrats on passing the classes - take care of that knee.

Mel - are your eyes doing better today? I'm starting to get dry eye too - it's really annoying, I feel for you. Let's just take a warm cloth, soak our eyes and relax! That chicken recipe looks DELICIOUS - I'm going to make that - if I ever get to stay home one night...

Shad - take care of yourself - you do seem to be on the run alot. All the stress is no good for you.

Ceejay - did you get your new furniture?

Patty.

That's it for me. Off to work. Did I mention I'd love to have a month off?
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 08:32 AM   #28  
Annie - Indiana

MEL...if you hadn't of checked the bldg, it would have been left open all night. I usually have a spare pair of undies with me, but didn't replace them after the last emergency.

Happy...carrying spare undies makes me feel old somehow...lol
Old 06-03-2009, 01:11 PM   #29  
Creating a Healthier Me

Annie - Sorry to hear you had such a yucky start to the day! I hope you were able to get some undies. And I hope you feel better very soon, same goes for Tony. The acupuncture is going okay. I'm noticing a bit of sloooooow improvement...not sure if it's the acupuncture or the PT. My doc (and the acupuncturist) said that I might not see relief until after 5 or 6 visits. I hope to one day soon be able to go for walks/hikes. For now, I'm following doctor's and PT's orders.

Mel - I'm glad you're resting today. Enjoy Trader Joe's tomorrow!

Happy - The recumbent stepper works the hip flexors and might've caused the bout of bursitis I had...from trying to push myself too hard. But at least the seat of the stepper supports the back. And it's not weight bearing exercise, so maybe that helps too.

Patty - Hope you're doing well.

Hugs to all,
Old 06-03-2009, 02:14 PM   #30  
Annie - Indiana

Ms. Chelle...got the panties, all is better in that department. Throat still sore and it is cold and rainy here. Want to crawl into bed.