Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2009, 10:40 AM   #121  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

happy Saturday ladies -

Physical therapy yesterday did not go well. They put me in traction, which was fine as long as things were pulling apart, but when they got me out of it and everything settled back, the pain was really, really bad. I couldn't sit up, much less stand up or walk for quite awhile. They helped me to another table where they put ice and electrical stimulation on my back - which always helps me with pain and muscle spasms, and got me to where I could walk and drive myself home. I took it easy last night using more ice when needed. I'm a bit sore today and I'm going to do some light stretching and use more ice. I really want to go hiking later today or tomorrow. We'll see. It'll be so nice out today and tomorrow (near 50 degrees both days) that I don't want to be inside...so much for cleaning! But seriously, if I do anything that might give me back pain, it's gonna be outside having fun. My physical therapist did suggest that I should do lots of ab exercises at least 5 or 6 days a week, so that's what I'm going to do, - of course she suggested this before the traction incident - so I'll probably do them gently today and tomorrow. BTW, they definitely put a note in my chart saying "NO MORE TRACTION EVER" for me!

Patty - When you're done cleaning your house, can you come clean mine?

Shad - Good for you for getting the gardening done and getting a haircut! I'm glad to hear that DB2 is managing his money better. I'd love to see the photos of Sunday. Are they on Facebook or will you post them here?

Mel - The spinach pie recipe looks yummy, especially since no olives. Mmmmm. As for trying the PT changes at home...I don't think so. I'm not into S&M. So nice of the guys to help you with the shopping! Good luck talking to govt on Monday.

Annie, Happy, Ruth, Ceejay and everyone else - I hope you're all having a great day!

Anyway, I'd better go get some ice on my back. I soooooo want to hike this weekend.

Love and big hugs,
Old 03-14-2009, 07:13 PM   #122  
Creating a Healthier Me

Good Saturday evening ladies -

DH and I went for a short hike. It was great to be out in the sun. The trails were still snow covered in the more wooded areas and muddy in the other areas, but we had a blast and my back held up pretty well. I don't know what our plans for tomorrow are yet, but I'm planning to spend at least part of the day outside enjoying the sunshine.

Love and hugs,
Old 03-14-2009, 07:29 PM   #123  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Goodonya Michelle. Sounds like a good time was had by all. I'm off to do some shopping and then to pack the stuff for Melbourne and then to the airport. Chat to you all tonight
Old 03-15-2009, 08:26 AM   #124  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

OH MICHELLE I AM SO SORRY TO HEAR THAT. I WAS NEVER ABLE TO DO TRACTION EITHER. NOR JEN. IT'S JUST NOT FOR EVERYONE! YOU POOR THING...I KNOW THE PAIN AND CAN READILY SYMPATHIZE. I AM GLAD TO HEAR YOU BOTH GOT OUTSIDE AND THE WEEKEND WASN'T A BUST. BE CAREFUL BENDING AND STRETCHING FOR A DAY OR TWO THOUGH!!!

HELLO MISS SHAD!!! IT SEEMS LIKE THE WEEKEND JUST FLEW BY, HOPE YOU GOT ALL THE THINGS YOU WANTED TO DO DONE!! ARE YOU PROPERLY WEEDED AND THE KITCHEN SPARKLING??????

LOOKING RATHER DISMAL OUTSIDE TODAY. EVEN THE GRANDSON IS LAZING ABOUT AND IN NO HURRY TO EAT OR DRINK. MR. SLEEPYHEAD!! I FEEL THE SAME WAY. I DIDN'T FEEL LIKE EATING ANYTHING IN THE HOUSE FOR DINNER SO I ORDERED A SANDWICH FROM DOWN THE STREET. MY USUAL...LIVERWURST ON A HARD ROLL WITH MAYO & MUSTARD. WELLLLLLLLL........NOT SURE WHAT HAPPENED BUT I WAS IN THE LOO ALL NIGHT ON AND OFF. I THOUGHT MY INSIDES WERE FALLING OUT.
IT WASN'T THE SANDWICH SO TO SPEAK BUT SOMETHING IS NOT "RIGHT" YET IN THE OLD TUMMY. MAYBE IT NEEDS SOME CHICKEN SOUP AND LITE FARE FOR AWHILE.
GOING TO GIVE THE KIDS THE CORNED BEEF AND CABBAGE AND LET THEM MAKE IT THEMSELVES. THAT WILL DEFINITELY BE A NO NO!!! NOT UNLESS I HAVE A SECRET DEATH WISH!!!
OHHH, I FORGOT TO TELL YOU. FRANK IN THE OFFICE GAVE ME MONEY FOR MY BIRTHDAY AND TOLD ME TO BUY SOMETHING THAT WOULD MAKE MY LIFE EASIER. SO I BOUGHT A VERY LIGHTWEIGHT ORECK VACUUM THAT I HAVE BEEN DROOLING OVER. I LOVE IT!!! YOU KNOW IT'S FUNNY BUT I THINK THAT EVEN THOUGH I HAVE ALWAYS KNOWN I'VE BEEN VERY "LUCKY" IN MY LIFE...NOW I SEE IT'S ACTUALLY A CHARMED LIFE AND I AM VERY BLESSED WITH SOME OF THE PEOPLE AROUND ME HERE. BUT JEN AND I ARE STILL "LAUGHING" THAT THEY ARE ALL MEN!
MAYBE I NEVER HAD THE HUSBAND OR BOYFRIEND OF MY DREAMS. MAYBE THE ONE MAN I EVER REALLY LOVED IS IN HEAVEN. MAYBE I LOST MY YOUNGER BROTHER I LOVED SO DEARLY.......EVEN STILL, I AM SURROUNDED BY MEN THAT REALLY CARE ABOUT ME. IT'S A GREAT FEELING. LIFE IS GOOD.
ON THAT HAPPY NOTE I WILL WISH YOU ALL A WONDERFUL SUNDAY AND SHADDIE A MONDAY
Old 03-15-2009, 10:15 AM   #125  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning ladies,

It's been quite the busy weekend and I haven't had the time to sit and post. Today included. Hopefully I can get back here tonight as there is much to catch up on from you. Just wanted to check in. Enjoy your Sunday.
Old 03-15-2009, 01:55 PM   #126  
Happy September

Shiitake Mushrooms and Sugar-Snap Peas

Prep: 5 minutes Total: 15 minutes

Characteristic of Asian cuisine, the combination of brown sugar (sweet), soy sauce (salty), and sake (tangy) in this dish pairs well with the earthiness of the mushrooms and the fresh taste of the snow peas.

Per serving: 148 calories; 4 g protein; 4 g fat; 21 g carbs; 4 g fiber.

Ingredients Serves 4.
2 teaspoons canola or grapeseed oil
1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
1/2 pound fresh shiitake mushrooms, stems removed, caps sliced into 1/2-inch-wide strips
2 teaspoons light-brown sugar
1/4 cup sake, dry sherry, or white wine
2 tablespoons shoyu or other natural soy sauce
1 pound sugar-snap peas or snow peas, strings removed

Directions
In a large skillet, heat the canola and sesame oils over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring frequently, until the mushrooms are just beginning to brown, about 3 minutes. Sprinkle the sugar over the mushrooms and then add the wine and soy sauce. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
Add the sugar-snap peas, cover, reduce the heat to medium, and cook until the pea pods are just crisp-tender and bright green, 2 to 3 minutes. Serve immediately.

**Shiitake mushrooms are a potent source of antioxidants.
Old 03-15-2009, 05:39 PM   #127  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
It's a fairly dreary day here too, but mostly that is because I am tired. Lack of sleep does that to one. Flight got in early last night (around 20 minutes or so) but the luggage took forever to arrive and the bus took less time to get to the city, but the cab took forever to get to the apartment. So all in all I'm feeling distinctly weary right now. I should have stuck to cabin baggage and then I could have been home earlier or maybe not. I may have then had to wait for the shuttle bus to get into town.

Whatever, I am not in the mood for all the shenanigans going on here. I think I need a coffee, then a quiet place to curl up in.

I'd better go and sort out what the next idiot wants. I'll be back
Old 03-15-2009, 09:21 PM   #128  

Hello Ladies,
Can you overrest? I think i did. I did not do anything this weekend, we'll i did do laundry and went to the grocery store and that was about it. I don't know how many tv programs i watched, but i'm ready for anything. I think the weather being cold and gloomy added to me being indoors.

Mitchelle - glad you got out and enjoyed your hiking.

Mel - Wasn't that nice of your friend Frank. Yes, we all are blessed.

Shad - I hope your get your rest tonight.

Happy - hope your enjoying your day.
Old 03-16-2009, 08:26 AM   #129  
Happy September

GOOD MORNING AND HAVE A GREAT MONDAY!! I AM OFF TO HOOK UP MY LANDLINE PHONE AND GET PART OF THIS DANG GOVT STUFF OVER WITH. I AM SO SICK OF THIS HANGING OVER MY HEAD AND I HATE THIS FEELING!! JEN HAS AN IN OFFICE INTERVIEW WITH ANOTHER AGENCY AND MIGHT GO THERE TODAY IF SHE IS FEELING GOOD. I'LL LET YOU KNOW IF I FIND ANYTHING OUT BUT THIS IS JUST A PRELIMINARY CALL FOR THEM TO MAKE A DECISION. SHE SAID IT COULD TAKE UP TO OR OVER 3 ONTHS DEPENDING ON MY DOCTORS ETC. SIGH. DRAGS IT RIGHT INTO THE SUMMER!
WELL....NOW IS AS GOOD A TIME AS ANY TO "LET THIS GO" CAUSE I HAVE NO CONTROL OVER THIS...IT'S UP TO GOD AND SOCIAL SECURITY!! LOL
HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY!

PATTY~ ARE YOU TOO RESTED NOW?? MAYBE YOUR BODY NEEDED IT AND NOW THE ALLERGIES WILL CALM DOWN A BIT. THE LAST BITE OF WINTER IS KEEPING US ALL INDOORS!
Old 03-16-2009, 08:47 AM   #130  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Hi ladies,

Mel for you that all goes well with the danged interviews. You are absolutely right, can't let it get to you. I'm so glad that you have men just itching to take care of you actually it's quite nice that you get back a little of what you give in this life. You deserve it.

Shad - it's sounding like the usual chaotic mess you have to deal with over and over. This too shall pass I suppose. Perhaps the chicks are in a downspin at the moment. I hope you whip things into shape! Sounds like the vortex started when you got home, brief as it was.

Michelle - ow ow ow on the traction. I didn't realize that could work out like that. I think DH might have had traction only once a long, long time ago. Maybe that's a good thing after hearing your account. I'm glad you got outdoors to enjoy the weekend. Funny how we get acclimated to the weather. It was 50 degrees for you and you're itching to get out and enjoy it. 1 degree less for me here - 49 and I'm thinking it's too cold and damp to do anything so I'll just hunker down inside The 70's are coming back again in 2 days - that's my kind of weather. Fire up the grill

Ack - can't page back so Annie I hope you are all ready for your trip tomorrow. Have a safe trip and a wonderful time. Hope you can meet up with the chicks.

Patty - every once in a while we all need those do nothing weekends to recharge ourselves.

Good morning Ceejay.

I sure am having a hard time getting up in the mornings. Daylight saving time came too early. It's the dead of night when the alarm goes off. Hard to get up in the dark.

Time to get moving. See yah ladies - have fun today!

Last edited by happy2bme; 03-16-2009 at 08:49 AM.
Old 03-16-2009, 10:01 AM   #131  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Good Monday Morning......

What a wonderful, sunshiney day!

Patty....The countdown is almost over, I fly out tormorrow afternoon. I am now offically excited.

Shad....coming home sounded like more work than pleasure to me. Cleaning and stuff...bleck. Easter should be a bit more enjoyable.

MEL...Um if Ms. Bella bit somewhere more personal on Tony, I think that would be the last thing Ms Bella every did. haha Goodluck with the Govt. calls today. I know it is not fun dealing with the yahoos. I have an Oreck vacuum also. Got it about 3 years ago and absolutely love it. It just glides itself and can suck a golf ball out of a hose. Sorry about the poo situation, I am back to being clogged. I go from one extreme to the other.

Michelle...you poor dear. Therapy sounds more like torture chamber than help. I can't take pain. Glad you got to get out and hike. We had fairly decent weather over the weekend also. Today's high is 65 tomorow will be almost 70. Then I leave for Texas. Sunday coming home will be a let down, high only 50 in Indy. But I will take it, better than snow.

Tony and I went to see the movie Miss March. It was just awful and quite nasty. Don't even want to get into it, however I would avoid even renting that one. Yuck. We went to Claddaugh's for dinner after, it is an Irish Pub. They had a Motown band playing and they were very good. We got home around midnight. I dragged around all day Saturday. I think I am getting too old for late night crap.

Got up Sunday, ran the vacuum, dusted, mopped, scoured, gave Bella a shampoo and cut (she bit me but not as bad as before.) I had on huge rubber gloves. Did laundry, picked the trash up out of the yard from all the windstrorms, broomed the front porch and back patio, fixed dinner, baked a cake for Samantha's BFs birthday, did dishes and went to bed. SHuwee what a day. Woke up at 1:00 am, couldn't sleep, watched Beauty Shop again for the umpthteen time, fell back asleep at around 4 am, got up and came to work. Here I sit typing and drinking morning java.

My boss is on a cruise this week. So things have slowed down somewhat. What a way to work into a vacation.

Hey to everyone.

Love and Hugs,
Old 03-16-2009, 10:05 AM   #132  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

I apologize for not being here over the week end. The forum sight would not let me through. I could get on the blogs. Had trouble this morning.

Michelle
Ouch on the traction.

I'm so ready for sunshine.
Old 03-16-2009, 10:15 AM   #133  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Ceejay, no need to apologize...we all get here when we can......
Old 03-16-2009, 02:32 PM   #134  
Creating a Healthier Me

Happy Monday ladies -

Crazy busy today at work...but I'm not complaining - it's making the day go by fast.

Mel - I hope the interviews go well.

Happy - I think traction works for/helps most people....I'm just one of those weirdos who it hurts more than helps. Today is supposed to be in the 60s and tomorrow near 70....just about everyone I know has started dragging the grills out of storage. Mmmm, can't wait for a nice burger or brat(wurst) fresh off the grill!

Annie - Enjoy your vacation in Texas.

Shad - I hope you're doing well and that work is going better than last week.

Patty - I hope you're feeling better...good for you for allowing yourself to enjoy a relaxing weekend.

Ceejay - Did you have a nice time in Paragould?

A big to everyone!

Love and hugs,
Old 03-16-2009, 04:43 PM   #135  
Happy September

WELL GIRLS THE FIRST CALL WENT FINE AND THIS WOMAN WAS A DOLL AND WISHED ME A BLESSED DAY. SHE SAID SHE ADMIRED MY STRENGTH AND SENSE OF HUMOR AND THEN TOLD ME I WOULD BE MAKING ABOUT $23 MORE A MONTH.....WE BOTH STARTED LAUGHING HYSTERICALLY OVER THE AMOUNT AND ALL THE DRAMA IT TOOK TO GET IT!!! CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS? SHE REFUSES TO SEND ME TO MORE OF THEIR DRS FOR RECERT AND ACCEPTED THE OTHER BRANCH'S DECISION FROM THE 1970'S. SHE ALSO GAVE ME SOME TIPS FOR MONDAY'S INTERVIEW AND THE PAPERS I NEED ARE ALREADY PRINTED OUT. I HAD EVERYTHING DONE 2 WEEKS AGO! THE WOMAN FOR NEXT MONDAY HAS NO SENSE OF HUMOR AND I KNOW THAT ALREADY TOO. HOPEFULLY AFTER THAT CALL IT WILL ALL BE OVER....ONE CAN ONLY HOPE. BUT MY STOMACH FEELS MUCH BETTER AND I DON'T THINK I HAD A VIRUS AT ALL....IT'S BEEN THE OLD COLITIS ACTING UP. I HAVEN'T HAD PROBLEMS WITH THAT SINCE 1981!!!! I NEED TO GET A GRIP ON MYSELF AND LET THIS "CRAP" BLOW OVER ME BEFORE I END UP SICK. SO ALL IN ALL IT WAS A GOOD ..EVEN IF NOT PROFITABLE... DAY!! LOL TOMORROW IS FOOD SHOPPING IN THE MORNING...GUESS I CAN SPEND AN EXTRA $23
IN ANTICIPATION OF MY RAISE?!?!
HAPPY~ THE TIME CHANGE JUST KILLS JEN AND I FOR WEEKS NOW. JEN WAS JUST ON THE PHONE COMPLAINING ABOUT IT. I FORGET THE NAME THE DOCTORS HAVE GIVEN THIS "PROBLEM BUT I KNOW MANY THAT SUFFER WITH IT. NOT FUN AT ALL AND I CAN COMMISERATE WITH YOU!

ANNIE~ SOUNDS LIKE YOU HAD A FULL WEEKEND!!! YOUR ORECK SOUND GREAT AND HOPE MINE WORKS JUST AS WELL. SO FAR I LOVE IT!!! THE ONLY PROB FOR ME IS THAT THE CORD IS STIFF AND HEAVY AND MY HANDS & ARMS AFE GETTING WEAKER...SO VACUUMING AND DRIVING THE WEELCHAIR AND DRAGGING THIS CORD ABOUT IS A WEE BIT TOUGH. I NEED A FRIGGING MAID!!!

JEANETTE~ HOPE YOU FIND SOME SUNSHINE TODAY AND HOLD ON TO IT WITH BOTH HANDS!!

MICHELLE~ SORRY TO HEAR WORK IS NUTS BUT IT'S BETTER THAN TWIDDLING THUMBS AND FALLING ASLEEP!
Closed Thread