Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2009, 09:04 AM   #151  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Hey ladies -

A quick check in for me this morning. I got quite a shock yesterday morning. It seems that the team I'm on (except for our boss) is being reorg'ed to a new boss in a new department, effective in 2 weeks. Fun stuff. NOT. It sucks because I currently have an AWESOME boss and the new boss is brand new to the company...and no one knows him or what he's like. Well, I guess I've just got to look at the bright side....being reorg'ed to a new boss and new dept is much, much better than being reorg'ed out of a job!

Gotta go for now. I'll try and check in later before I leave early to go to PT (but with NO traction).

Love and hugs,
Old 03-18-2009, 05:26 PM   #152  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

happy
Hope you come back with a clean bill of health at the cardiologist.

Mel
I realy need a mental health day. I've scheduled one in April and then 10 glorius days in July. I haven't had a real vacation in years. This year I'm taking all of my 160 hours. My co-worker, L, will finally figure out what I've been having to deal with while working for B.

Michelle
ugh on getting a new boss, but so right on still having a job.
Old 03-18-2009, 05:44 PM   #153  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
New bosses, new chefs, fridges locked, don't shoot Ruth, mental health. It's all up there today.

I'm about to start another day here at the madhouse. I can't put my finger on the exact problem here, it seems to be a combination of all sorts of things and trying not to sound racist but the Indians do not make good bosses or decision makers. That also goes for doco writing. It's not that they don't know what they are talking about, it's more that they can't articulate or demonstrate. Maybe we should converse in pictures. That would make my life much easier maybe.

So saying - I'd better go gear up for another day - my workmate tells me his contract runs out on Friday and no one has offered him a renewal yet. I don't want to be here on my own. Mwah

Last edited by Shad; 03-18-2009 at 05:47 PM.
Old 03-19-2009, 05:47 AM   #154  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Evening all,
Just thought I would share the latest Sunday photos with you. Awww heck who's a pretty girl then.

Old 03-19-2009, 07:44 AM   #155  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Morning chicks,

Lots to comment on this morning but I'm in a rush. Will try to get back on at lunch. I'm surprised at some of the posts this morning. Hang in there
Old 03-19-2009, 07:46 AM   #156  
Creating a Healthier Me

Good morning ladies -

I'm feeling better about the reorg to a new boss and new dept. I think I'm moving into the acceptance phase. Plus, there is a position opening in my current dept that I'd be a good fit for, so I'm dusting off my resume and applying.

Happy - I hope the cardiologist appt went well. :hugs:

Mel - good for you for taking time off for you.

Ceejay - Wow 160 hours of vaca! That's wonderful! You definitely should take it all. You work so hard...you deserve time off for R&R and fun.

Shad - I hope today at the madhouse goes better. And I hope they renew your co-workers contract. Sunday surely is a beautiful girl!

A big and big hugs to everyone!
Old 03-19-2009, 08:28 AM   #157  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

HAPPY~ HOPE YOUR APPOINTMENT WENT WELL I CAN HARDLY BELIEVE IT'S TIME FOR MOM ALREADY!! THIS YEAR IS FLYING BY!!! WISH WE HAD AZALEAS!!

SHAD~ THE PICS ARE ADORABLE!! SHE IS A REAL CUTIE AND YOU CAN TELL SHE IS THE QUEEN OF THE HOUSE!! HOPE YOUR FRIEND GETS RENEWED AND YOU WILL HAVE A PAL BY YOUR SIDE. MAYBE YOU CAN START A NEW TREND AND DO TRAINING WITH PICTURE BOOKS LIKE THEY DO IN KINDERGARTEN!! IT WORKS THERE TOO

MICHELLE~ HOPE THE PT (W/O THE TRACTION ) WENT WELL!! ALSO THANK GOD IT'S ONLY RE'ORG TO A NEW BOSS. I'M ABOUT RUNNING OUT OF PRAYERS FOR NEW JOBS AND BETTER BODIES OVER HERE !!
GOOD LUCK WITH THE RESUME TOO!!!

JEANETTE~ WAIT TILL L HAS TO DEAL WITH IT ALL ON HER OWN. THEY MISS US WHEN WE'RE GONE TO BE SURE. GLAD YOU ARE SLATED FOR A FULL VACATION TIME OFF. IT'S NECESSARY TO BE "AWAY" ...I HAVE FOUND OUT THE HARD WAY. YOU CAN HAVE AN "APRIL IN PARIS" THEME FOR YOUR VACATION!!

SOME RAIN FOR TODAY AND I AM BUNDLED UP AND COZY IN MY OWN SPACE. LOVING THE DOWN TIME. I THINK WE ARE DOING THE CORNED BEEF THING OVER THE WEEKEND. NO ONE WAS READY FOR CABBAGE THIS WEEK!! MAYBE A SHORT FOOD SHOP TOMORROW. SUPPOSED TO BEGIN THE BIG CHILL ONCE AGAIN. YESTERDAY IT WAS DANG NEAR 70 AND TOMORROW GOING INTO THE LOWEST 30'S. NOT FUN. NOTHING NEW TO REPORT.
HAPPY THURSDAY/FRIDAY

Last edited by MELODY525; 03-19-2009 at 08:30 AM.
Old 03-19-2009, 09:43 AM   #158  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

It's cloudy and drizzling rain this morning. I was suppose to take the RAV4 to get it fixed today in Jonesboro, AR. If the rain clears out by lunch time I'll still go. They should have all the parts to fix it here.

Mel
April in Paris sounds like a good theme. I may go to Springfield, Mo to visit one of my siblings and her family unless they decide to come here.

Shad
Sunday is a beautiful cat. Hope things start to go better for you at work.

Michelle
By all means apply for the position. There has been several positions open the latley but I'm content where I am. The one I really wanted I wasn't qualified for it.

Happy
I've never had a stress test. The doctor seems to think my heart and lungs are fine. I should mention the fact that going up steep hills make me have shortness of breath. Hope things go well.
Old 03-19-2009, 02:13 PM   #159  
Happy September

Southwestern Beef Chili With Corn

Makes 4 servings

Hands-on Time: 0hr 10m

Total Time: 0hr 40m

This recipe is: One Pot, Kid Friendly, Quick & Easy

Ingredients

1 tablespoon olive oil
2 carrots, chopped
1 medium onion, chopped
1 poblano or bell pepper, chopped
1/2 pound ground beef
2 tablespoons tomato paste
2 15-ounce cans black beans, drained and rinsed
1 tablespoon chili powder
kosher salt and pepper
1/2 cup corn kernels (from 1 ear, or frozen and thawed)
1/2 cup grated Cheddar (2 ounces)
2 scallions, sliced

Directions

1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the carrots, onion, and poblano and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes. Add the beef and cook, breaking it up with a spoon, until it is no longer pink, 3 to 5 minutes.

2. Add the tomato paste and cook, stirring, until it is slightly darkened, 1 minute. Add the beans, chili powder, 3 cups water, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Simmer over medium heat until the vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes.

3. Stir in the corn. Divide among bowls and top with the Cheddar and scallions.

Tip
You can cook the chili in advance and refrigerate it for up to 3 days or freeze it for up to 3 months.

Nutrition Per Serving

Calories 343; Fat 15g; Cholesterol 51g; Carbohydrate 34g; Sodium 893mg; Protein 23g; Fiber 11g; Sugar 6g

Real Simple, September 2008
Old 03-19-2009, 03:48 PM   #160  
Happy September

THE KIDS MADE THIS LAST NIGHT AND RICHIE'S WHOLE FAMILY WENT NUTS. I MIGHT TRY SOME OVER THE WEEKEND.

*LET ME KNOW IF THESE PICTURES ARE BOTHERING ANYONE WHEN THEY LOAD. IT WORKS FOR MY DIAL-UP SO I HOPE THEY'RE NOT TOO BIG.

Recipe for (a kind of) Pisto, with rice and eggs
Serves 2

1 tbsp olive oil
2 bell peppers, any colours
1 large onion
1 courgette or carrot
*COURGETTE IS FRENCH FOR ZUCCHINI
2 or 3 cloves of garlic
1 can chopped tomatoes
A handful or two spinach leaves or similar
Freshly ground black pepper
A pinch of red chilli flakes
A pinch of sugar
A pinch of salt
Freshly ground black pepper

Four free range or organic eggs
Brown rice (I use about 120g dry weight for two people)

Put a pan of water on for your rice or start it cooking in your rice cooker.

Warm the olive oil in a roomy pan (one that has a lid) on a medium heat. Start chopping the vegetables into bite size pieces and add them to the pan as you finish chopping them. Start with the onions and then the garlic so that they have chance to soften, then add the courgette (or less traditional carrot) and then the peppers.

Allow the vegetables to cook until the onion has softened a little. Meanwhile roughly chop your spinach into strips but don’t add this yet.

Add the can of tomatoes and the chilli, sugar and salt to pan. Cover with a lid and simmer until the rice is ready. I aim for around 20 minutes of simmering; traditional pisto is often cooked for many hours but we want to eat dinner tonight and besides, all that simmering that will do the nutritional content of your vegetables no favours. Now is your chance to go and sit down for a bit or play on Twitter or whatever takes your fancy.

When the rice is ready, add the spinach to the tomato sauce and replace the lid to encourage it to wilt quickly.

Once the spinach has wilted, season the sauce with freshly ground pepper to taste.

Flatten the pisto down a bit and make four little evenly spaced dents using a wooden spoon pan. Crack an egg into each dent. Replace the lid and leave on a medium heat and until the whites of the eggs are visibly cooked but for no longer than this if you want a runny egg (this is where glass pan lids come into their own).

Spoon some rice onto the plate and then top with the pisto and eggs.

Last edited by MELODY525; 03-19-2009 at 03:57 PM.
Old 03-19-2009, 03:49 PM   #161  
Happy September

THIS IS THE LINK SHE SENT ME:

http://www.mostlyeating.com/
Old 03-19-2009, 10:13 PM   #162  

Hello Ladies,

Another crazy week here. I will post more than weekend.

Hope all is going well with everyone.
Old 03-20-2009, 08:18 AM   #163  
Creating a Healthier Me

Happy Friday ladies -

Super quick check in for me. I hope you all are doing well.

Happy - I hope the cardiologist appt. went well.

Mel - Thanks for the recipes. I hope you're enjoying a nice relaxing MELLIDAY.

Shad - I hope your Friday went well. Any fun plans for your weekend?

Patty - Hope you're doing well.

Ruth - Sending big hugs to you.

Ceejay - I hope you have a great Friday.

As for me...my co-workers and I are going out to lunch, and then I need to leave a bit early to take the doggies to the vet for booster shots and annual check ups. So I'd better get right to work now.

Love and big hugs to all,
Old 03-20-2009, 08:41 AM   #164  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning ladies,

Last night the girls from work went out for dinner and a play. We went to see Menopause - The Musical. They reworked alot of famous songs from the 60's and 70's into lyrics related to hot flashes, night sweats, chin hairs, mood swings and all the lovely parts of "the change". It was really funny. We had a great time. Went to a hole in the wall place and had the best grilled fish and veggies. It was nice to spend an evening chick bonding and laughing.

The cardiologist said the pain I have is either heart or lungs. Said the only way to really tell if I have blockages is to do a heart catherization where they run a camera up your groin artery to your heart and look around. I have the test scheduled for April 3 but in the meantime am doing alot of talking to people and research to decide if this is the route I want to go. It's invasive and of course, not without it's risks.

Michelle - I hope you get all your chores done today so that you can enjoy your weekend and get outside, even if a little cool. Enjoy your lunch today! Good luck applying for the new job I know what it's like to really like your boss and then be stuck with a new one who is nothing like the person you enjoy working for. Hope everything works out

Hi Patty - hope your busy week ends today so you can catch up and relax.

Thanks for the recipes Mel. I might try that pisto and vegetables tonight. Interesting to mix rice and eggs - at least for a Polish girl

Ceejay - yes I guess I am waiting for the doctors to say that EVERYONE feels like that when they exert themselves and the more you do it, the easier it gets so don't worry about it. Make sure you plan a nice vacation for yourself. Don't fritter it away or give it back to the company.

Shad - Sunday is a mighty pretty kitty. But I'm sure she knows that Did your workmate get his contract renewed? Hope so. Doesn't sound like you want to be there on your own.

Time for me to get going. Hope you all have a good Friday. Happy Spring to us on this side of the pond, Happy Autumn to Shad!

And... my tulips that were laying dry and dark in the garage are now sending big shoots in the pots so I hope they will be ok and I think / hope we are going to have an extra especially glorious azalea bloom this year. One flower has popped on the bushes and the rest are heavy with pink, red and white buds. Can't wait!
Old 03-20-2009, 01:37 PM   #165  
Happy September

FLYING IN AND OUT......EMERGENCIES AND A TRAPPED MAN IN THE ELEVATOR TILL DANG NEAR 2AM THEN THE MAIL BROUGHT PROBLEMS WITH THE GOVT. THE GIRL WAS SO NICE BUT PUT A LOT OF FALSE STATEMENTS IN MY PAPERS AND I CAN'T SEEM TO FINBD HER. SHE NEGLECTED TO GIVE ME HER PHONE # SCREW IT..I AM LETTING THE INFO GO THE WAY IT IS...I'M NOT GOING TO GO NUTS OVER $23!!! THEY'LL GIVE ME THE MONEY ANYWAY SO WHO CARES IF SOME DATES ARE WRONG. STILL FIGHTIN GOR MY ELECTRIC HELP SINCE SPETEMBER. I THINK THE PAPERS I PUT IN THE MAIL SHOULD END THE BATTLE. LET US HOPE SO CAUSE IT'S ALMOST COST ME $800 NOW PAYING FOR MY HEAT ON MY OWN. SIGH. I AM TOO TIRED TO FIGHT NAYMORE. NEED A NAP.
HOPE EVERYONE IS HAVING A BETTER WEEK THAN I AM!
HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND. I AM DOING NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Closed Thread