Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2009, 12:13 AM   #241  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Just missed you tonight Shad. One thing I noticed with this site is that my typing is a bit delayed and pausing as I type. It's freaky. Only on this site too.

I hope you can sort out the bits on the spreadsheet. And good luck on the new assignment. Hard to believe someone has the good thoughts to actually plan ahead with getting a trainer in. Hope it works out for you.

I'm done with Aunt Flo myself. Thank God. One should not have to deal with adult onset acne and menopause at the same time! Mine went away with a hormone called Prempro. Took it for a year and it finally dried things up. But menopause itself and it's lingering effects lasts for about 10 years in total so don't get your hopes up ladies. You have my sympathies. Of course once Aunt Flo leaves, there are other not so pleasant issues to deal with too.

ok the typing delay seemed more pronounced in the quick message box, not so prominent in the advanced post feature. That was giving me the willies for a minute there.

Annie - remember with Curves it's not just tightening the outside, but also helping the ticker and the immune system too. All good things. Hope you like it.

Michelle - glad you enjoyed the concert. I saw Styx when they were first starting out. I think they were called TW4 at one time.

Ohhh big thunder rumble rolled out. I'd better get off the computer and into bed. Goodnight all...
Old 03-31-2009, 01:28 AM   #242  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Nah - menopause lasted less than 6 months for me and no hot flushes, no mood swings, no anything. Just a happy, happy time. However!!!!!! and it's a big one.
Get that weight off BEFORE menopause strikes, because the fat sets hard afterwards and is a dog of a thing to remove.
Everyone has a different aspect on menopause. My friend Chris from Japan took a couple of years and much agony at the beginning, however the effects of her Churgg-Strauss just made it all go away. Others I know have had a hard time of it, but found it's best to try to tough it out rather than take HRT or whatever. Many of my friends haven't had a problem with it at all. Must be all the booze they drink!!!!!!

Last edited by Shad; 03-31-2009 at 01:28 AM.
Old 03-31-2009, 08:20 AM   #243  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

THIS MUST BE THE MENOPAUSE PAGE I JUST LANDED ON. I TIRED TI GET TO THE OTHERS BUT IT SAYS "ETRROR: PAGE CANNOT BE FOUND".( maybe just as well...i would try and read them all) I LOVED MENOPAUSE EVEN WITH THE HOT FLASHES, TEMPER, NIGHT SWEATS AND ASSORTED OTHER ISSUES. I CANNOT HAVE HRT SO I ALSO TOUGHED IT OUT BUT I KEPT SAYING TO MYSELF THAT THERE IS AN END TO IT ALL AND THAT MADE ME HAPPY. STULL HAVE SOME PROBS FROM TIME TO TIME AND THE ONE DR TOLD ME HE HAS A WOMAN IN HER 60'S AND ANOTHER IN HER 80'S THAT COME TO HIM!!!
NOTHING IS NEW HERE. EYE IS SO SO BUT I CAN TYPE. READING A LIT SCREEN IS TOUGH AND BURNS A BIT. WATCHING TV IS DONE FROM A DISTANCE AND THAT MAKES FOR ONE BIG COLORFUL BLURRY MESS.
I PROBABLY WILL NOT GO BACK AND READ SO I HOPE YOU ARE ALL WELL AND HAPPY.
HAPPY TUESDAY/WEDNESDAY
Old 03-31-2009, 08:47 AM   #244  
Choose your hard

Ok ladies, when approaching menopause - TRUST YOUR FRIENDS TO BE HONEST WITH YOU. Some people really need the drugs I remember we once went out with some dear friends. Were camping on a mountain sharing a tent with them. R was going through menopause and (thought) she was successfully handling it through juicing natural fruits and veggies. The truth was although she was always pleasant to us, her poor DH was taking a pounding. Mood swings like I'd never seen in my life. I was ready to offer her my pills and almost slipped them into her coffee She needed way more than veggie juice As the ladies said - everyone is different. I did take HRT to help regular the final cycles and had hot flashes but not mood swings or night sweats. I didn't stay on them forever though my mom was on them for 30 years after her hysterectomy. I know bioidentical hormones are the latest "thing" now but don't know much about them. Put it this way as my doc said - if you need something to be comfortable, take it, if not then don't. There are safer things out now than when I was taking them. Some people have some pretty miserable symptoms. They say if you have PMS, you are prone to more pronounced menopause issues. Talk it over with your doctor. Also some people say natural stuff like black cohash helps, others say no. Just be careful with soy products if you have a sluggish thyroid as soy tends to make the thyroid work a little slower.

Dear Mel - maybe I need to call you each day and read the pages to you. I will you know! Don't over do those eyes.

Shad - I think booze softens the harsh reality of ANYTHING I'll drink to that

Was doing some neighborhood stuff this morning so not much time to post. Got a meeting tonight so not sure if I will get back before tomorrow. Love to the rest of the team - happy Tuesday!

Last edited by happy2bme; 03-31-2009 at 08:48 AM.
Old 03-31-2009, 10:03 AM   #245  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

A Good Tuesday to all you Wonderful Worldlies -

I didn't sleep great last night, but I'm caffeinated now, so I'm doing okay. I'm hoping to get to the gym tonight to do cardio, Abs and Yoga...we'll see how tired I am at the end of the day.

DH got me such a sweet anniversary card and gave it to me early (tomorrow is our anniversary). The card says something like "We've been together awhile, but I still remember looking at you and thinking 'Wow! What an irresistable babe!'"...then you open the card and it says "I think it was this morning!" So sweet! After 14 years of marriage and 19 years of being together, he still sees me as irresistable! I'm so lucky to have such a great guy! Sorry for the gushing...I just had to share.

Ceejay - Aunt Flo still visits you? Sheesh, I hope she leaves me sooner than you....10+ more years does NOT sound fun!

Shad - You found $700K of their missing stock? What kind of company is such a mess to lose $700K? Sounds like AIG or something! So nice that you're going home for Easter. Keeping my fingers crossed for you for the job in Brisbane. You are so lucky....Aunt Flo leaving at 44 and a brief and easy menopause. Thanks for the tip about getting weight off prior to menopause. About 20 years ago, I had a boss, who said I should get the weight off before I turn 30 (and I didn't) or at least before I turn 40 (that didn't happen either)...I'm hoping to get it all off within the next 2 years.

Happy - I've heard menopause is no picnic...and that I shouldn't be so eager to kick Aunt Flo to the curb. I hope I don't have big mood swings when I go thru menopause. My swings are bad enough when I have PMS. Looks like DH might be in for a wild ride (not in a good way) when I go thru menopause.

Mel - I hope the eyes feel better soon. Rest the eyes (and yourself) as much as possible.

A big to Annie, Ruth, Patty and everyone else!

Love and hugs,
Old 03-31-2009, 10:45 AM   #246  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Tah Dah...the last day of March, Spring got here while I was in Texas....it can only get better from here.

I left work early yesterday, feeling like crap, went home and slept for a couple of hours, Tony came over and after about 1 1/2 hours I told him I didn't feel much like company, so he left. I took a nighty night pill went to bed at 7:45 pm. Woke up this morning and fought the alarm clock. Have a migraine today, however body does not ache anymore. I have ate the **** out of pistachos the last two weeks and heard on the news this morning they may be contaminated. My luck, all this is related to pistachos and Aunt FLo, that b*tch.

Michelle...Will Aunt FLo ever end? Mom had Flo till she was 56, now that is scarey. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, BABY, got you on my miiiinnnnd...singing... What a sweet hubby. Congrats...

Ceejay...eewww, sleepy at work. I sometimes get that way. I go out to my car at lunch and sleep for about 45 minutes. It seems to help however I just want to keep sleeping and not come back into work.

Shad...yes, you were right, I was in bed, most all afternoon and evening...

MEL...go easy on the eyes, we miss you, but would rather you get better and come back full time. Let those eyes heal.

Happy...the only thing I experience with my monthly is night sweats that start about 5 days before my period. It must be getting worse as I used to get night sweats only 2 days prior to period. haha Hopefully I won't get any of the other stuff.

Not much else going on, just doing the Curves thing tonight.

Hello to everyone.

Much love and many hugs,
Old 03-31-2009, 11:08 AM   #247  
Creating a Healthier Me

Hey Annie - I, too, get migraines with Auntie Flo. I hope you feel better very soon and that the pistachios were not contaminated.
Old 03-31-2009, 01:07 PM   #248  
Annie - Indiana

Where are the Worldlies going in April.....Adventure Land??
Old 03-31-2009, 02:02 PM   #249  
Creating a Healthier Me

Or we could be Actively Aspiring and Achieving!
Old 03-31-2009, 02:05 PM   #250  
Annie - Indiana

We are awesomely, actively aspiring and achieving in adventurous land of the Worldlies....hahahahaa
Old 03-31-2009, 02:13 PM   #251  
Choose your hard

yes bummer on the pistachios - I hardly ever eat them myself and picked up a good looking bag last week. And now I read in the paper about contamination. Serves me right for "picking something up"

My personal motto for April is going to be "I can't drive 55" -- a derivative on this milestone bd of mine.

I say we take a break from the diet thing in April. How about April - Get outta my place potato face

April Love - the Worldlies Do Pat Boone all month long? (Bet we get the most hits of any thread with that title) ok, 1... 2... 3... eeeeewwwwwwwwww he's only 74 - we could be cougars. oh wait - that doesn't make us cougars - that's makes us KITTENS

My DH did not know what a cougar is.

Ok, back to work - thanks for putting a little smile on my face for the afternoon meetings.

Last edited by happy2bme; 03-31-2009 at 02:15 PM.
Old 03-31-2009, 02:20 PM   #252  
Annie - Indiana

Pat Boone??? Um, barely know the dude!
Old 03-31-2009, 03:35 PM   #253  
Creating a Healthier Me

Um, Pat Boone?? No. But thanks for the suggestion. I don't have any desire to be a cougar or a kitten.

Happy - Your milestone bd is in April? Happy Early Birthday, baby! Got you on my mind!
Old 03-31-2009, 05:27 PM   #254  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

There you go, new thread over there for April
<---------http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...15#post2679015

Dont post here anymore.
Closed Thread