Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 08:52 AM   #121  
needs constant reminding

S/C/G: 164/maintenance since 8/08

Height: 5'4"

Good morning. I'm sitting on a stopped train. Argh. It was a train which would have already made me late for work!

Re:running speed-
I vary between 10.5min mile when I rock and 12-14 when I have a heavily loaded backpack or am running with weights.

Today is a get back on the horse day. I did chuck the lousy cake, so that's good.

Planning to run to work if this train ever gets to destination!

Looking forward to an op (dare I say it?) WEEK!
Old 01-12-2009, 09:02 AM   #122  
needs constant reminding

Good morning. I'm sitting on a stopped train. Argh. It was a train which would have already made me late for work!

Re:running speed-
I vary between 10.5min mile when I rock and 12-14 when I have a heavily loaded backpack or am running with weights.

Today is a get back on the horse day. I did chuck the lousy cake, so that's good.

Looking forward to an op (dare I say it?) WEEK!

Last edited by kittycat40; 01-12-2009 at 10:12 AM. Reason: ooops, cyberconfusion- dbl post
Old 01-12-2009, 09:08 AM   #123  

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
Later, when you have a solid base, you can add actual speedwork (fartleks and such) that will build upon all that excellent base.
Good advice on the runs. He he, you said fartlek.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Chick B Gone View Post
I think I'm going to go to the gym after work today and do the elliptical or bike. My legs don't want to run but I think I can handle a machine. I won't have time to workout Tuesday and would rather not take two days off right now.
Work it! I'll be over here on my couch cheering you on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlyGirlSebas View Post
JToday and everyday this week, I'll be on the treadmill for an hour of cardio.
Now there's commitment - an hour a day?!? I think I might die. I'm thrilled with myself when I do 30 mins every other day. Be kind to yourself, Rhonda.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopefulpinkangel View Post
Plus now that I have the prospect of this new "dream" job I'm really have a case of the short timers attitude at my current job.
That's totally reasonable. I do that all the time with my current job - read about something I'd rather be doing, then get crabby here. It wears off eventually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pintobean View Post
This week I'll start with the strength training part of the exercise. Still holding off on the cardio.
Did you ever talk with your mom?
Have you thought of what you'll do on the 19th after work?
What's your ST plan? I am trying to find a decent routine to add on my off days.

Yes, talked to mom, got a bunch of "now you know what I went through with your father" BS - this is nothing like my parents' divorce, and it's just my mom being a narcissist. Typical.

Actually I got the date wrong AGAIN. I am convinced he misspoke but he thinks I misheard. Anyway, he is leaving on the 20th. My friend from WI flies in on the 22nd so I will definitely get to go party it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittycat40 View Post
I'm sitting on a stopped train.
I did chuck the lousy cake, so that's good.
I HATE stopped trains. If I wanted to sit motionless, I wouldn't be in a vehicle.

WTG ditching the cake. Lousy cake is lousy.

No run for me today, don't want to push it. This morning my knee feels a little too.... present. Like, I am aware of it. It is not swollen or painful or any of that stuff, but it's almost like every time I step someone tells me to focus on my knee. So I don't know if it's psychological worry over hurting myself again, or if it is a little tired from yesterday. Today will be yoga and/or strength work at home.

Don't have an eating plan for today - don't have a whole lot of food at home. Will concoct something, possibly a burrito dealie, for dinner. Salad for lunch. Muffin for breakfast. Hopefully the store next door has good, ripe pears again so I can procure one of those for snackies.

Is it foolish to hope for another 2+ lb loss this week, after two in a row??
Old 01-12-2009, 09:09 AM   #124  
budding cinephile

S/C/G: 225/197.5/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Tsk tsk. I deserve a *HUGE* spanking. I got down to menu planning then I had a forum meeting at 9 on aim so I didn't goto the store at all this weekend. I got up at 6 am to shut the alarm off when I should have gotten up and made lunches and snacks etc...

Starting off this week on a bad note, but good news is I didn't check the scale this morning.

I ended up having a PB sammich on the way to work and I'm finally drinking this 200 calorie starbucks energy thing to get it out of my fridge. Needless to say I shouldn't have ANY problems making it to 1400 today.

Duty calls *poof*
Old 01-12-2009, 09:33 AM   #125  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

I decided to go outdoors biking for exercise since it is overcast instead of riding the exercycle. My knee is.... meh. Not great, not terrible -- not too bothersome on the bike but I'll have to see how it goes on my next run. My back is still sore, too. Seems ridiculous that I did all this damage by stepping in a pothole in the yard.

Old age blows. I'd like to lodge a formal protest.
Old 01-12-2009, 10:17 AM   #126  
Weight Loss; Control Gain

S/C/G: ?/?/130

Height: 4'11"

Chell - I have decided I need to wait a while to weigh in again.
I know I did a little damage this weekend, but scared to see how much. If I am good to myself all week I should have a nice weigh in by next monday. It is better for me to weigh in on Mondays because then I am accountable for the weekend as well. =)
Old 01-12-2009, 10:30 AM   #127  
needs constant reminding

Quote:
I decided to go outdoors biking for exercise since it is overcast instead of riding the exercycle. My knee is.... meh. Not great, not terrible -- not too bothersome on the bike but I'll have to see how it goes on my next run. My back is still sore, too. Seems ridiculous that I did all this damage by stepping in a pothole in the yard.

I totally get the age blows thing. And the pot hole thing. Last year just as I was starting to get a mindset change goin' on.... I was walking up stairs and totally broke my big toe by tripping UP the stairs! I feel it on rainy days
Old 01-12-2009, 10:32 AM   #128  
needs constant reminding

Chellez, I just read Twilight. Can't wait to get the next installment!
Old 01-12-2009, 10:43 AM   #129  

S/C/G: obese/obese/healthy

Holy snack attacks today. So they do snacks in the evenings for when people are working late. Since us auditors aren't in the office much the HR chickie makes a bag full of snacks for us. I appreciate it I do but do not need a gallon sied ziploc bag full of snacks. Most of it wasn't vegan but that hasn't stopped me from eating the pretzels and PB crackers this morning. I can shift some stuff around at dinner tonight to make up for it but lack of control is thy name for a bit. I emailed her and told her while it's a very kind thing to prepare I just don't need it and most of it isn't vegan anyway. I cannot deal with getting a snack bag weekly!
Old 01-12-2009, 10:47 AM   #130  

S/C/G: obese/obese/healthy

Quote:
Is this because you're late or do you normally run to work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chellez View Post
Tsk tsk. I deserve a *HUGE* spanking. I got down to menu planning then I had a forum meeting at 9 on aim so I didn't goto the store at all this weekend. I got up at 6 am to shut the alarm off when I should have gotten up and made lunches and snacks etc...
do it today

Quote:
Originally Posted by suitejudyblueeyes View Post
He he, you said fartlek.

Is it foolish to hope for another 2+ lb loss this week, after two in a row??
I snicker everytime I see that word. I'm mature like that. Nah not foolish to hope as long as you don't get discouraged if not.

Quote:

1 - You should've stopped aging at 28 as I plan on doing.
2 - I'm completely screwed if that's all it takes to harm yourself. I'm hoping I just will have supersteel bones from all my clumsiness.

Last edited by Fat Chick B Gone; 01-12-2009 at 10:48 AM.
Old 01-12-2009, 10:52 AM   #131  
Michelle the Vegan

Quote:
But Jo seemed so dam normal <snip>
Another one fooled. Muhhahahahahahaha.

Lucy is a great name. Does your husband do the whole, "Oh Luuuuuuucy, I'm ho-ome!" ?

Last edited by Mrs Snark; 01-12-2009 at 10:53 AM.
Old 01-12-2009, 10:54 AM   #132  
NROL4W-Stage 5

S/C/G: 207/148.5/125

Height: 5'1.25"

Quote:
Originally Posted by suitejudyblueeyes...What's your ST plan? I am trying to find a decent routine to add on my off days....
I just sent you an email with the spreadsheet. Let me know what you think?

As for L, I'm counting the days with you till he leaves.

Last edited by pintobean; 01-12-2009 at 10:59 AM.
Old 01-12-2009, 11:05 AM   #133  
Michelle the Vegan

So, I'm still torturing myself with the blood pressure monitor that we now own. I take my bp about 3 times a day and track it all. I have yet to have a reading in the "normal" range. My readings are all in the "prehypertensive" range, usually around 132/82.

But if I really focus, do deep breathing, visualize a boat sailing on smooth water, sit perfectly still, and practically levitate with calm energy I can get my bp to shoot up to 148/93 *rolling my eyes*.
Old 01-12-2009, 11:15 AM   #134  
Accepting who she is

S/C/G: 173/see ticker/138

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
My readings are all in the "prehypertensive" range, usually around 132/82.
Always pee before you do your blood pressure. In fact do a before and after and see the difference. When I worked with search dogs, handlers could not go back into the pile after their breaks until their vitals were checked. Every time someone's BP was up, they would be sent to pee. When they came back, all was well. Miraculous.

Having a good day with food. Normal brekkie, chicken salad for lunch, fish for dinner. I may or may not get to the gym depending on when Chris gets back. He had a full to-do list for once.
Old 01-12-2009, 11:22 AM   #135  
Michelle the Vegan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Chick B Gone View Post
Holy snack attacks today. So they do snacks in the evenings for when people are working late.
Where I used to work the "Fun Committee" would leave chocolate on our chairs for us. Mmmmmm, just what sedentary computer geeks need for more fun -- chocolate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by onthetee View Post
Always pee before you do your blood pressure.
OK, I will try this. The main problem is that I've always had white-coat syndrome and my body is conditioned to freak when I try and take my blood pressure (just like I freak at the doctor's office). If I just think about taking my blood pressure my pulse starts racing. I'm so defective.
Closed Thread