Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2009, 09:06 PM   #46  

S/C/G: HW-300.2 GW-<175

Height: 5' 5.75"

I'm Billie

Grandma had the kids today so I went to town and socialized with other adults. In person. It was grand. Had lunch out by myself. I got one of those silly pizza's from Subway and enjoyed every bite and made it fit in my calories with even a little room to spare.

Chellez - I know you are frustrated by the scale. I started doing a 10 day average and that has helped me immensely. Even if the scale is up one day I can still see the overall trend going down.

I think my next free Friday might be a trip to the movies for the matinee if anything good is playing. The last thing I saw in the theater was 3:10 to Yuma. I told DH we need to have a date soon but after his behavior tonight we are not going anywhere together any time in the near future.
Old 01-09-2009, 10:17 PM   #47  
Weight Loss; Control Gain

S/C/G: ?/?/130

Height: 4'11"

Billie - I like your name, I've always known you as zinke.

ALL - note that I have met my second mini goal.... woot woot!
Old 01-09-2009, 10:25 PM   #48  

Hip Hip Hooray!
Old 01-09-2009, 10:43 PM   #49  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Congratulations, Vixjean!

Tomorrow, we are taking a road trip to Whole Foods and Trader Joe's. Any recommendations?On my list are steelcut oats,WW couscous and quinoa. Should I look into polenta mixes? I'd like to find some kind of mild curry. I'm used to yellow curries, but I'm open to try anything. I don't like anything hot except Paul.

Lately, I seemed to have gotten over my egg sensitivity and I've been enjoying a scrambled egg every once in a while. However, I had one yesterday morning and this morning and I've had an upset stomach for two nights in a row. I wonder if the type of egg can make a difference? This time, we bought a different brand.

Last edited by GirlyGirlSebas; 01-09-2009 at 10:44 PM.
Old 01-09-2009, 11:31 PM   #50  
Vix's sister

S/C/G: 206/199.8/185

Height: 4'11

Fark.
Friendboy.

I can tell Vix is wearing off on you ladies.

WTG, Vix for meeting minigoal 2.

I've been off hammy for 3 days now. My lymphedema is REALLY bad in my foot and I'm covered in vaseline, as is all the crap around me. I'm pretty sure that I'd fly right off hammy at this rate.

I have one more hour of Hammy this (extended) week to reach my weekly walking goal. I generally walk 45 min so I should meet that goal by sunday.

I want pie.
Old 01-10-2009, 04:17 AM   #51  

S/C/G: obese/obese/healthy

Height: 5'7"

Hmm I've used friendboy longer then I've known these lovely ladies! I have a long history of making up words!

I'm up at 4am with my guts punching me inside out. Period is about 5 days early and quite the surprise - do have an explanation for the reavenous hunger earlier in the week. I get horrid cramps for about the first 4 hours of my actual period so now I sit with my heating pad and an old Seinfeld episode. Bah.

Last edited by Fat Chick B Gone; 01-10-2009 at 04:17 AM.
Old 01-10-2009, 08:12 AM   #52  
TBL Blue Team Member!

S/C/G: 294.5/ticker/170

Height: 6'0

Congrats Vix!

Rhonda-My friend has an egg sensitivity too and for her Egg Beaters don't mess with her as much as regular eggs. I have no idea why though.

Heather-Weird . . . I got mine this morning too,that makes my weight loss even greater in my mind. For me it doesn't explain hunger, but it does explain my b*tchy-ness though

Well, I accomplished something huge for me yesterday . . . normally after a weigh in I think to myself, now I can cheat just for one day because one day won't matter right? For me one day DOES matter because that once day usually ends up being the whole weekend. So I came home from my meeting yesterday, talked to you ladies and stayed OP and even made a new recipe from the WW cookbook for dinner. I feel awesome today! Now that day is going to lead me into another great OP week, I just know it!

Last edited by Hopefulpinkangel; 01-10-2009 at 08:15 AM.
Old 01-10-2009, 08:15 AM   #53  

I want cereal for breakfast. Not a serving of normal cereal mind you. I want a jumbo bowl of Post Selects Banana Nut whatever it is. I'm not going to though. Damn stuff is 240 calories a cup. I could easily eat 3-4 cups of it right now. Not gonna do it. I'm making my oatmeal with flax, diced apple, a few raisins and cinnamon.

I repeat. I'm. Not. Going. To. Eat. The. Cereal.
Old 01-10-2009, 08:34 AM   #54  
Accepting who she is

S/C/G: 173/see ticker/138

Height: 5'5"

OK, husband rocks. Feb 6 will be 10 years of no smoking. He got me a gym membership! Hello, treadmill that does not pull my hamstrings......

Is he awesome or what? And now to find the time...For sure on Tuesday mornings when Meara is at school.
Old 01-10-2009, 08:36 AM   #55  

How cool! We will make sure you get there

Scratch the cinnamon. I added SF Davinci caramel syrup instead. It smells SO good but is still to hot to eat.
Old 01-10-2009, 08:56 AM   #56  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Day 10 already, amazing.

Today's plan: Rest day, though I'm tempted to go biking with hubster.
Food: (light if not exercise)
Oatmeal, coffee with stevia
Faux hot dogs on Ezekiel, roasted broccoli
Banana with peanut butter
Boca burger, spaghetti squash, SB, nooch, roasted broccoli
Old 01-10-2009, 08:58 AM   #57  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Vix, congratulations on the fantastic weigh-in and reaching your mini-goal!!!
Old 01-10-2009, 09:02 AM   #58  
Strong is the new thin!

S/C/G: 178/152/close enough

Height: 5'9 1/2"

Jo, could you tell me how you roast broccoli? What do you put on it first, how long at what temp? Your food plan sounds yummy.

I'm running today. Slept in for the first time in forever and I feel like CRAP now. Drinking java to try to revitalize. About to make a grocery list and surf around to see what I want to cook this weekend. I know baked salmon and seared scallops are on the list.
Old 01-10-2009, 09:12 AM   #59  
needs constant reminding

S/C/G: 164/maintenance since 8/08

Height: 5'4"

Does being a royal evil wench today qualify me to snark with you guys?
Old 01-10-2009, 09:13 AM   #60  

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixjean View Post
I had an EXCELLENT WI this morning ,,,,
Is that maybe why I ate so much today. DO I WANT TO FAIL!?!?! WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME!?!?!?! NO! I wanna be HOT dammit!
GRATZ!

and

Understand and empathize - I feel I have the same drive. Gorge after a good WI to undo it all. I am not doing that this week, and neither should you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinkemomx2 View Post
I think my next free Friday might be a trip to the movies for the matinee if anything good is playing.
ooh, let us know how it goes. if i had gone to see Milk last night as planned I might have a recommendation, but alas, I missed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlyGirlSebas View Post
Tomorrow, we are taking a road trip to Whole Foods and Trader Joe's. Any recommendations?On my list are steelcut oats,WW couscous and quinoa. Should I look into polenta mixes?
what is a polenta mix? I just buy polenta (aka course corn meal) and do it up myself at home. It remains pretty bland, tastes best with cheese all over it But apparently tomato sauce works too - season it with basil and oregano at home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Chick B Gone View Post
I'm up at 4am with my guts punching me inside out. Period is about 5 days early and quite the surprise
Suck! but at least it explains the past week. Hate surprises like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopefulpinkangel View Post
Well, I accomplished something huge for me yesterday . . . normally after a weigh in I think to myself, now I can cheat just for one day because one day won't matter right?
Looks like this one is making the rounds! You, me, and vix are gonna stay strong post-WI from here on out, you hear?

Quote:
Originally Posted by onthetee View Post
OK, husband rocks.
That rocks my socks. Fantastic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
Day 10 already, amazing.
Amazing - and kind of unbelievable. 10 days is a lot....

Back from WW meeting. Lost 2.4 lbs! Add that to last week's 2.6 and I've lost 5lbs in two weeks! That is absolutely unheard of for me. (And, may I note, I pulled off 2.4 despite my ice cream and tortilla binge on Saturday.) Go me!

So I don't feel like plurking this (stupid 140 char rule) so I'll update here - L will not agree that he should take over a fair amount of his tuition debt from last January. We fought and fought about it. His reasons: It was a gift from me to him. (? wha?) He should be compensated somehow for the year of lost work he incurred by coming to the US instead of staying in Canada for the first year of our marriage. (? whaAaa?) He came down to the states in May 07 with $4k, and over the course of the past 2 years he has spent said $4k, and he blames that on me, so he thinks we're even. (??awiahfoihaa??)

WHATEVER.

I got sick of it and axed it. Then he said he might be willing to take part of the legal costs incurred in the divorce. Ok, Leo, how much? Half? Uh... he'll take half only if we find someone to divorce us for $300. WTF. He'd go higher if he gets a say in what lawyer we used. (NO, NO, and NO. He'll be in Brazil anyway.) Anyway, I got him to agree to $500 or half the legal fees, whatever is less. At least it's something.

This man needs to get the crap out of my house. I can't stand it. We called it off officially last night. We agreed not to try to "patch things" over the phone while he's in Brazil. At least we're on the same page now and he's not all mopey about me being realistic.

....ANYWAY.....

Didn't go see Milk last night as I was thrown off by the above BS and couldn't sit still. Am about to go to bank, get separation agreement notarized, then go get running shoes, then off to my dad's.......... where I will spend much time looking at my 401k options and knitting. Huzzah!

Last edited by suitejudyblueeyes; 01-10-2009 at 09:14 AM.
Closed Thread