Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2009, 08:43 PM   #211  

S/C/G: HW-300.2 GW-<175

Height: 5' 5.75"

They are probably apricots. Nectarines are smooth now that I think about it more. Is it obvious I don't really care for any of them?

I splurged and had 2 cups of Silk Choc. It brought my protein up the little extra bit that I needed and I still ended under 1600. Life is good.
Old 01-13-2009, 08:52 PM   #212  

S/C/G: HW-300.2 GW-<175

Height: 5' 5.75"

Quote:
Originally Posted by onthetee View Post
There are PMS times when I have told Chris to go to the farm and bring back beef or I chew his arm off. I never craved chocolate. I wanted a pound of ground beef heavily seasoned. I thought I was the only weird one.

Trader Joe's turkey bacon has a great bacon flavor w/out the calories. No go on turkey bacon. I've done well since Xmas eve. No point going back now.

And there is an almost-four-ibble crawling on me. A what? Do you mean Meara? Please tell her happy birthday for me. Anything special planned?
Quote:
Ignore what I said about the mortgage. the closing costs were the highest i have ever seen. there is not earthly way we will do that. we would be better off with a slightly higher rate and pay off 30 years early.

robbery!
I still haven't checked into the refi but I am sure closing costs would kill us and negate any saving we might have if we were even able to qualify.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pintobean View Post
Roasted Zucchinis were so good. They would have been better had I not forgotten to turn on the timer. Good thing I kept checking the oven. So they got a little burnt. This is why I don't bake or roast anything cuz I suck at it.
I'm not usually a fan of zucchini unless it is in bread. Those look really good though. I'll put them on the need to try list.

Quote:
Also....hello period, where did you come from?
I think mine is coming. I'm on day 29 but the last few have been really long cycles. My eating has shaped up a lot though lately and I started my pills again so it certainly could be my problem.

I'm probably done for the night. Gonna go knit a little and read a magazine or two. Talk to everyone tomorrow.

Last edited by zinkemomx2; 01-13-2009 at 08:53 PM.
Old 01-13-2009, 08:54 PM   #213  
Accepting who she is

S/C/G: 173/see ticker/138

Height: 5'5"

Silk Choc is crack for me. I can drink it out of the carton, every drop of the half gallon.
Old 01-13-2009, 09:15 PM   #214  
NROL4W-Stage 5

S/C/G: 207/148.5/125

Height: 5'1.25"

I've yet to try Silk Choc. I tried Silk Vanilla and thought it was so so. I prefer the original silk over vanilla. Hmm...I'll have to try it.

Billie, for the roasted zucc I used baby zucc cuz they have less seeds. The recipe called for small zucc not necessarily baby. Let me know if you need the recipe. I seasoned them well.

Last edited by pintobean; 01-13-2009 at 09:25 PM.
Old 01-13-2009, 09:42 PM   #215  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Hiya.

Anna - big suck on the refinances.
Jen - Hope hubby gives in on the elliptical. What happened with the fitness center? Speaking of fitness center, I need to get back in there and build some sexy muscles.
Billie - I've not tried the Silk Chocolate, but my girls love it. I have a feeling that it's just one of those things that I'm better off not trying.

No treadmill today. I don't know what my problem is. I know, once I start, that I love it. I just hate the first few days when I feel like crap and get aggravated at how slow I am. I always remember running 5 miles and I get disgusted. I know....whine whine. It's time to just to it.

Going to make a cup of tea and watch BL.

Last edited by GirlyGirlSebas; 01-13-2009 at 09:43 PM.
Old 01-13-2009, 09:59 PM   #216  

S/C/G: obese/obese/healthy

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
There are PMS times when I have told Chris to go to the farm and bring back beef or I chew his arm off. I used to crave red meat horribly bad. Now I crave fake meat **** (I must say I'm quite shocked I don't crave meat).
Trader Joe's turkey bacon has a great bacon flavor w/out the calories.

My day started with the truck NOT starting. Darling children left on the dome light. Chris came back, gave me the car and charged the truck. Had lunch at a friend's house, so no idea how many cals really in everything, but she made minestrone and homemade bread. Logged two servings of each at cal count to be safe. Came home and had stir fry with NO rice and no shrimp, just to be safe. Children are evil.

We are moving ahead with refi which has me very happy. Sorry about the suck.

And there is an almost-four-ibble crawling on me. What is four-ibble?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopefulpinkangel View Post

So I almost think I have hubby convinced about getting the eliptical machine. I'm really hoping that we can get one because I think it will do us both good to workout together.
Awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by kittycat40 View Post
Ladies, I am really PMS. So bloated and cranky. ugh.
We feel your pain.

Quote:
Also....hello period, where did you come from?
Mine was early, blame me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlyGirlSebas View Post
No treadmill today. I don't know what my problem is. I know, once I start, that I love it. I just hate the first few days when I feel like crap and get aggravated at how slow I am. I always remember running 5 miles and I get disgusted. I know....whine whine. It's time to just to it.
Would you like a bite of Sheeze to go with that?

I would like a lot of and a bit of this for not caving to my tempation of entitlement vending machine chips. Not hungry just felt I deserved them for sitting in a farking long *** class. I almost texted Jaime (only number I have in my phone) I was so proud for not caving. I had change people - I never keep change in my purse for this very reason.

Thanks for the help, I do believe they are apricots.
Old 01-13-2009, 10:13 PM   #217  
NROL4W-Stage 5

Smile

amazing Heather. Kudos to you. I know it's hard but you managed to stay away .

Jen, sooo happy you guys are thinking of getting an elliptical. Excellent idea. I prefer working out at home than at a gym.
Old 01-14-2009, 07:25 AM   #218  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Heather - Awesome job of withstanding the evil vending machine chips!

Meara!

My tail is dragging today. Little one had an upset stomach and had bad dreams all night long. But, little trooper wouldn't hear of missing a day of school. So far, she has perfect attendance and is quite proud of that fact. Wish her older sister felt the same. She's home today with a headache and I'm about 99% sure she's faking. I have no proof and suffer with the dang things myself, so I let her stay home. What's a Mom to do?

TBL hit home with me last night. I won't say anything to spoil if you've not watched, but one of the ladies had a discussion with Bob about fear of failure. I now have a lot more digging into my psyche for the journal. It's really not a lot of fun, but so very necessary. And, I will be on the treadmill today. Like Bob said, "Just effing do it!!!"

Last edited by GirlyGirlSebas; 01-14-2009 at 07:27 AM.
Old 01-14-2009, 07:59 AM   #219  

S/C/G: obese/obese/healthy

Happy Birthday to the little Cappy Girl!!!

Today's plan: Yoga at lunch, walk the dogs tonight, homework, mop the kitchen and bathrooms so friends aren't grossed out when they visit Friday.

Breakfast - coffee and one biscuit with gravy
snack - clif bar
lunch - potato and kale enchiladas over millet
snack - apricots!!
dinner - snobby joes and steamed broccoli. I think I have enough room for a few oven baked fries, we'll see how hungry I am
Old 01-14-2009, 08:28 AM   #220  
NROL4W-Stage 5

Smile

Morning everyone...it's damn cold out there. 20 deg with windchill 9 deg.

Last night was good food wise but otherwise it was eh. I lost it with hubby yesterday and I could have easily answered him calmly. I know I have no patience generally but lately I'm just snapping so pms I'm guessing. Oh well...

I watched the TBL show last night and this season looks good so far. It was hilarious to see Bob lose it with a contestant during the show cuz I've never seen him like that. Basically it was Bob being Jillian . I won't say any more to spoil it. Today is day 2 for strength training. I'm sore from Monday so today should be interesting.

Food Plan:
B - Tofu stir fry and coffee
S - Vanilla FF yogurt
L - Crack Wheat w/ veggies
S - small salad

Old 01-14-2009, 08:57 AM   #221  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

I have TBL recorded, I'll watch in a bit. I'm looking forward to watching Bob flip out. Has anybody caught "Diet Tribe" (I think it is on Lifetime)?

Today's plan:
Exercise: Run, done. Knee feel so-so, okay for shorter runs, not going to be ok for longer runs. Oh well.

Food:
Bagel, sb, coffee with stevia
Black bean burritos
Apple
Faxu hot dogs, ezekiel bread, baked beans
Old 01-14-2009, 09:00 AM   #222  

Anjuli - you're missing a comma. I'm sure your menu meant to say "Crack, wheat, and veggies." Right?

H - text any time. I will gladly celebrate your victory with you!

Anna - Happity birthday to the little one! (And I'm guessing four-ibble rhymes with horrible?)

Jen - Yay elliptical!

Rhonda - I used to be afraid of missing school. That wore off in high school. Happens to the best of us.

I feel about twice my regular size because of the damn Rice a Roni. That stuff has way too much sodium. Sad thing is, I think tonight's dinner is going to come from a box too.... oh wait, I have pasta! I will make pasta. That will be decent.

L has been busy playing the blame game again. Every time I start feeling sad and remorseful about what is happening, he says or does something to remind me exactly why I don't want to be with him. Called my best male friend last night and he wanted to talk to L and I got all guilted about this because friend's parents went through crappy divorce. Say nothing of the fact that this isn't a crappy one, it is pretty easy as far as divorce goes. Whatever. I guess boys just don't get it.

Well, I have to actually accomplish some things today so....... see you all in the fall.......
Old 01-14-2009, 09:04 AM   #223  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Happy, happy birthday to little M!
Old 01-14-2009, 09:09 AM   #224  
TBL Blue Team Member!

S/C/G: 294.5/ticker/170

Height: 6'0

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlyGirlSebas View Post
Jen - Hope hubby gives in on the elliptical. What happened with the fitness center?
I haven't heard back from them yet about canceling. I'm going to try to call, but I never have time when I get home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Chick B Gone View Post
I would like a lot of and a bit of this for not caving to my tempation of entitlement vending machine chips. Not hungry just felt I deserved them for sitting in a farking long *** class. I almost texted Jaime (only number I have in my phone) I was so proud for not caving. I had change people - I never keep change in my purse for this very reason.
Way to go Heather!! You know I would kill to be able to text one of you guys in a moment of weakness . . . sometimes all it takes is someone else going "Don't DO IT!!" to make a difference. Great job!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pintobean View Post
[COLOR=blue]I watched the TBL show last night and this season looks good so far. It was hilarious to see Bob lose it with a contestant during the show cuz I've never seen him like that.
OMG I loved seeing him lose it last night!!

Well it's OP Day #13 for me and I just printed off some new recipes from the WW website to try next week. Our new recipe for last night (Spanish Chicken with Rice and Beans) was a pretty big fail . . it was to be expected because I knew eventually we would find a recipe we weren't thrilled with. But trying new recipes is really helping with the whole variety thing for sure. I'm even thinking of making a recipe for my lunches and just splitting it up into portions and freezing it for later. That way I can grab something a little healthier than even frozen meals for lunch.
Old 01-14-2009, 09:15 AM   #225  
TBL Blue Team Member!

S/C/G: 294.5/ticker/170

Height: 6'0

Happy Birthday to Meara!!!
Closed Thread