Old 03-02-2009, 02:30 PM   #166  

OK, sorry to have disappeared like that. I was helping to organize a big event which took place last Friday, so I have been really busy with that. Now I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders, and my life can sort of return to normal. Pheww!
I wish the huge weight had been lifted off my hips...
Needless to say, I need to restart everything, but I'm not sure yet what the challenges will be. Stay tuned.
Red, you are doing wonderful!
I weighed in for March, and only a 1 pound loss for Feb. While that is pretty lame, it's better than nothing. I MUST lose at least 5 in March.
Apple Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 06:29 PM   #167  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Angry

Day 21 is done. The Apple Challenge is completed!!

I am doing horribly though. My weight is up an entire 5 lbs from yesterday so you can understand the bloat from the sugar binge.
I am really devastated that I totally lost control again. It seems every time I make some progress, I wind up undoing it all in a day or two.

Good to see you, Apple.

redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 06:48 PM   #168  
Never give up

Thumbs up starting another round...

I started my second round of the Apple Challenge. It seems to keep me in a good mindset...at least until I eat the apple.

Apple Challenge: Round 2 Day 1 completed
Old 03-04-2009, 10:26 PM   #169  
Never give up

Apple Challenge: Round 2 Day 2 completed

Old 03-05-2009, 05:40 PM   #170  
Never give up

Unhappy whoops...

I'm afraid I didn't eat my apple yesterday even though I had it standing by and ready. I must remember to do it early in the day. It's so filling that I just don't want it late. So, a pause on that.

Apple Challenge: Round 2, Day 2 completed, 1 pause taken

I'm not doing well at all on anything at the moment and getting pretty down on myself about it. I'm tired of trying but that's all there is to do. It's hard being the only one in here too.

Last edited by redballoon; 03-05-2009 at 05:41 PM.
Old 03-06-2009, 01:21 AM   #171  

Hi Red! I'm sorry to have stepped out again. I'm going skiing this week-end too, so I won't be back here until Monday. And I'm not going to start a challenge until then either. I really need a vacation! So until then, keep eating those apples!
Congrats on finishing the challenge!!!
How can we motivate some new people to come on over to our lonesome thread! COME ON PEOPLE, COME ON OUT AND CHALLENGE YOURSELF! You'll be surprised at what you can do!
Apple Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 02:17 AM   #172  
Never give up

Heh there, Apple...thanks for stopping in. At least I know you haven't abandoned me. And what timing!! I had forgotten all about my apple...oh, no, wait...I DID eat it. Oh gosh, I am totally losing it. Anyhow, good to hear from you!

Apple challenge -- Day 3 completed!

Last edited by redballoon; 03-06-2009 at 02:18 AM.
Old 03-07-2009, 03:50 PM   #173  
Never give up

Thumbs up

Apple Challenge -- Day 4 completed, 1 pause taken

Last edited by redballoon; 03-07-2009 at 03:51 PM.
Old 03-08-2009, 08:33 AM   #174  
Lionel's Beautiful

Height: 5'3

Well I'm happt to have found this thread again. I remmeber how happy I was when I completed a challege. It's nice to see that some regulars are still hanging around.

My new challenge is to do strength training for 20 minutes a day three pauses and yoga/stretching for 20 minutes a day also 3 pauses.

Red- good job with keeping up on your apple challenge. I personally love apples so I think it's a great challenge to do. Don't get down on yourself justlook back at all the old challenges you've completed from start to finish and remember how awesome it feels when you do. We wanna keep that feeling going.
bbybear712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 11:33 AM   #175  

S/C/G: 230/179/150

Height: 5'7"

hey all! Hi bbybear!

Well. I have to say I am a bit lost--working waaaay too much now, desperately taking everything coming my way to catch up on bills, but no time for anything else! This past week I've had two evenings with social engagements, two evenings I did go work out, and one evening I was late b/c I went to run errands after work, including grocery store. And then getting home and fixing dinner and catching up with the mail, DH, etc, etc and then I'm falling asleep and time to get up again!

Needless to say, I haven't been good on my eating. Still doing a few work-outs but..... I am up about 5 pounds as well--probably a lot of salt, plus still fighting the sugar demons. Oh heck, I'm just eating anything now that's put in front of me! I've got to rein it back in!

I am not going to state a challenge yet. Ok, yes, I am. I challenge myself to get back OP, on track, whatever. I'm not sure if the "all or nothing" mentality is working for me anymore, though. I recently read an interview with Jillian of BL fame where she said she doesn't believe in total denial-just moderation, and allowing yourself to eat a little of what you want/crave every day is fine. I guess the key is, "a little". Oh, and those every-day work-out sessions that she does......

Anyway, here it is Sunday, and I have time today to try to plan another new attempt at this. And I am off to my swim class--I truly enjoy it and it starts the week off right for me. When I come home, dh has me working on yet another home project with him, which is fine. I hope to be able to check back in here better this week, though.....
modcat44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 08:11 PM   #176  
Never give up

I am not doing well. Have to take another pause. Gosh, even as something as simple as eating apples. But, I'll get through the rest.

Day 4 down, 2 pauses taken.

bear, mod good to see you!!
Old 03-09-2009, 09:53 PM   #177  
Never give up

Talking apple downed!

I'm no longer in the "trying mode." And, yes, it means I've been doing a LOT less exercise. But, I've decided I'm going to learn to relax, slow down and stop imposing all these rules on myself.
I just made fresh vegetable juice for the first time in a long time. Not too special, just spinach, lemon, soy milk, banana and hemp oil, but I see it already as sign that I'm on the right path with my new strategy...well, my new outlook. I am making an effort to breathe more as well, long, deep breaths whenever I think of it. It feels good. It's the first time I've tried hemp oil and it has a definite flavor, quite strong, much stronger than olive and the color is dark green.
I'm also continuing with spirulina and have added chlorella to my diet from yesterday. Even though I had some sugar yesterday, I had no interest in going on a binge, which is often the case after just a bit. I also had my apple and made a conscious effort to drink water.
Well, I'm heading to the gym today before going in to the office. First time to the gym in quite a while too.
Here's to a good day!

Day 5 of Apple Challenge complete, 2 pauses taken

Old 03-10-2009, 10:22 AM   #178  

S/C/G: 230/179/150

Height: 5'7"

Red--I think we all need a break every now and then from constant diligence, especially when other things get in the way and we have to re-focus our energies elsewhere. Not to say we are giving up of course, just that a change in tactics is good for us sometimes. Getting ready for work again--gotta run! (Not literally!)
modcat44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 09:57 PM   #179  
Never give up

Cool another day notched....

God, yesterday was a **** of a day. From the moment I got in the office till the time I left the place, it was one confrontation after another. Must have been the full moon. I took it all, went out drinking till 3 a.m., and then just came home and cried. Kind of exhausted. But, I'm OK. I had a good day otherwise, making that juice, eating my apple, going to the gym and making some moves to help get me out of that place for good. Yup, it's looking like I may have an out I am willing to take, an exit that leads somewhere other than to a deserted alley with a gang waiting at both ends.

So, here's to pushing on. Listen to "Ain't No Mountain High Enough." Got a version with Aretha Franklin, Mariah Carey, Daina Ross, Faith Hill, Donna Summer, Destiny's Child all playing together. Great stuff. Wow, I get chills hearing it. It was off the radio somewhere. The mpg is about 5 MB. I'll send it to anyone who wants it.

Apple Challenge -- Day 6 completed, 2 pauses taken

mod -- Hi there. Thanks for coming in. I really need a rest. The remembering to BREATHE is helping. Wish others would get off their pin cushions though. Jeez. Unbelievable how people can ruin a day for someone. Then again, yesterday I also was out with some great people and have some really good times. What a mix of extremes. I can handle it I think. Hope you can find that energy too. Good luck!
Old 03-11-2009, 10:02 PM   #180  
Never give up

Smile

Thursday morning here. One pound under starting weight. Did well yesterday mostly though I did have a bit too much junk. The scale is no doubt a good reflection of a regular day, i.e. no dehydration, regular amount of food.
The power of distraction was brought home to me last night. I was bent on going out to the store and buying some salty snacks. I had my coin purse all ready to take with me on a short walk to the convenience store which would have seen me consuming a good 400 extra calories. I then got working on something the computer and though I kept thinking "I'm going to leave soon and get that snack," I never did go because then it was late and I had to get to bed. I always belittled distraction as just postponing when I would start eating, but last night showed me I can truly use it where I get to the point I have not merely postponed eating but have foregone it!
Got my apple cut and ready to go!

Apple Challenge Day 7 completed, 2 pauses taken