Old 03-11-2009, 09:08 AM   #1  
RosieKate

Default Back in Kindergarten #74

Hello & Welcome to the Back In Kindergarten thread!

"I feel like I am back in kindergarten in many ways... personal, sometimes at work and now with the weight loss. I have done so many things wrong over the years.....emotional eating, pills for weight loss, eating the wrong things, failed diets, etc.
Now it's time to start fresh, kinda like back in kindergarten......"

You are welcome to join us in our chatter about life and our weight loss journey!
So please grab your coffee/water/diet coke etc. and pull up a chair and join us!

Last edited by RosieKate; 03-11-2009 at 09:08 AM.
Old 03-11-2009, 09:11 AM   #2  
RosieKate

Hey I got to start the new one!

I'm skipping out on water aerobics this morning. The forecast is for a sunny day, so I am going to get a walk in later.

I just got a new knitting job, but it's a rush..have to get it done by this weekend...so today will be a knitting day

Happy Wednesday to Everyone!
Old 03-11-2009, 01:37 PM   #3  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

just popping in for my daily pop in......

I have already cleaned the bathroom mirrors, and the bathroom sink. I am running the dishwasher right now, and I am washing the kids laundry as well.
tommysgirl18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 04:56 PM   #4  
kitty Momo

Hey All,

It was my day off and I spent it (so far) doing as little as possible. Been reading and napping w/ the cat. Now I have to rush and get Gaby from school. She will have 2 days off now w/ teacher meetings going on Th/F. Worried about her last night because she was running a temp but this AM it was 99 , so sent her to school.

Yada, yada.......oh, made a salad w/ peaches in it, kept the onions out....it was good.

Katy - Thanks for the new thread! You knit for others?

Kathy - I was going to say that Gaby still sleeps w/ me at times.....ok, most of the time. I figure I will out gro wit some day - haha....I like having her there but think she will want sleep overs next year so that won't be too cool having a 45 having a slumber party w/ 7 year olds

awww, better get! My teacher meeting is tonight , so a lot of trips across the bridge today!

chat more later.
Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 05:54 PM   #5  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

Just stopping by to say Hi!!
Shopaholic1204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 07:26 PM   #6  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Hello...I am home, alive and well. Tired and poor! Fat and still sassy! Any other terms I can come up with? LOL... Just being silly as I am worn out. I will try to come back after Jeopardy and yak...but if not I will surely drop by tomorrow.
suetalks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 07:31 PM   #7  
Not Giving Up

Height: 5'9"

Hi everyone.

Popping in really quickly.

Francie, you are very welcome.

Spent the day at the dentist (well half the day.) Got my teeth cleaned this morning, then all three kids got theirs done after my appointment. So got our of there at 3:00. Then I had to run and pick up DD new tires for her truck, then picked up DH from work, now I am home to make a quick supper, then head back into town as it is dart night.

Susan, I knew you would appreciate my MIL comment as much as I did. I think that because we know how fast they grow up, we just appreciate the cuddles alot. They will one day sleep in their own rooms. I just wish that he didn't move around so much so that I didn't wake up a few times a night.

Mindee - sounds like you are having a busy day. It will be nice when you get a moment to sit down and put your feet up.

Katy - Enjoy your walk and your nice weather. I hope that all your snow melts. What are you knitting? And how long will it take you to get it finished?

Hi to everyone else. I must get going and get supper done. I'll check back later.
luckycharm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 07:33 PM   #8  
Not Giving Up

Sue - I am happy that you are back. Are you poor because you found a house? If so you will need to post some pictures. You now need to relax from your vacation.
Old 03-12-2009, 08:58 AM   #9  
ugggg.....

quickee for me---Mom is having some minor problems with the treatment, Ry & Teri are going to have me nuts by the end of the month and they have to move.....

Dominic keeps me sane...and YBB at night helps me to sleep!!!
jules1216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 10:56 AM   #10  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

JULES...hugs to you and your mom

Hi to everyone else

Nothing going on, nothing to say...same old stuff, different day.

Have a good day all!
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 11:47 AM   #11  
I can dream, can't I?

Good morning. I am a little more rested, but it usually takes me three days to feel tip-top after a trip. We just stay up too late and don't rest much, or eat right, when we go to Vegas.

We are still in the process of buying a condo. The one we wanted had sold the day we looked at it...of course. So, we are "thinking" about our next step. Personally, since the weather is soon to be nice here, I am over Vegas for now. haha

I didn't do too badly this trip. I always take a certain amount to use to gamble. If it is gone I am done. Well, I gambled every day and brought back the same as I took. And I had even bought two nice meals at TGIFriday's out of that cash. DH did almost the same, so we have money to go back and do it again.

I am going to try and get caught up with answering you ladies. Whew, a week is a lot of posts.

Jules- Hugs to your mom, I hope she is doing better. Don't let the grown kids make you crazy...but been there, done that. I almost had a breakdown when one DD was younger...so much drama. But we all survived and I guess it made her stronger because she is a very strong independent woman. (it gave me gray hair and kept me skinny!) I would rather be heavier and happier, thank you very much. LOL..

Cristina- Still busy with the youngster I see. I hope your next open house gives you results. Is the "wallpaper house" still the one you are buying when yours sells?

Sassy- YAY! You are moved and semi-settled. I know you will enjoy the house. Hope you get the washer fixed. Is your kitty doing okay? Maybe the move just traumatized him.

Mindee- So sorry to read about your grandma. Hugs to you and your family. ON the good news side..yay for Tommy's job. Sounds like a good one.

Francie- Glad you are enjoying alone time with DH again. That's cool.

Katy- I am going to have to start counting carbs. or something different. Calories aren't doing it for me right now. Of course, I need to give it a week to get re-covered from this trip.

Kathy- Oh boy, I do not envy you the snow. Sounds like way too much for me.

Susan- Ms. Gaby is growing so tall....hope she didn't show her undies. lol. You are doing great. I wish I was in the 140's.

Robin- Welcome. Hope to chat with you more later.

Today mom goes to the Dr. She got sick one night while we were gone. Otherwise she said she felt wonderful. Her kidney just causes her trouble once in awhile and I guess she will have to live with that.
I have to get groceries and take her to the Dr. and hopefully get back to the ironing board. I told DH yesterday it isn't fair..I wash, iron and pack before the trip. Then I un-pack, wash and iron after. He felt bad and helped me fold and put away things. (he has never done that before..lol)

I had a wonderful salad while gone, it made me think of Susan. It was field greens, strawberries, parmesan and pecans, topped with a chicken breast. The salad was dressed with a balsamic vinegarette. I never thought the vinegar would be good on fruit...but had this last time and couldn't wait to get it again. I doubt if it was "diet friendly" due to the large portion, but I am planning to make a smaller version at home. I am also planning an oriental salad with oranges and almonds. I have to get some new dressings first.....

I am not weighing in until April Fools Day. Really..I am boycotting the scales until then. And I plan to be an exercising fool...well at least the fool part. haha

See I am back and gabby as ever. Have a good day chickies and a good week-end ahead.
Old 03-12-2009, 11:51 AM   #12  
I can dream, can't I?

Sassy and Francie- Good luck with the up-coming Drs. visits. I am thinking pink and blue for you both. Prayers for you!

I have to add: We had crocus and tulips popping up when we got home...and robins everywhere. Then it got cold again, but we know Spring is on the way!
Old 03-12-2009, 12:59 PM   #13  
Not Giving Up

Hello to all

Not much going on here at all....

Sue I am so jealous...tulips,,,,I love tulips....and robins the first sign of spring...only 6 more weeks until we have that here. But I will add, I got 2 feet away from the darn huge porcupine that our dogs keep thinking they should keep out of our yard. I tried to chase it away, but it ignored me. You would think it was one of my kids.
Old 03-12-2009, 01:42 PM   #14  

I am doing my daily pop in..........

things are on the quiet side around here......Logan is playing in his room, Marissa is sleeping, I am doing our laundry today, and still not sure if I am going to make cookies or not.

Tommy came home for lunch today and brought Burger King with him. I was able to eat maybe a quarter of my lunch because the kids wanted some of mine, so I shared with them. He asked me if I wanted to go to a tattoo party on Saturday. A friend of his is having one, and so we might go to that. I am going to do some research on finding what I wanted my new tattoo to look like. I am going to see if I can get a couple sheets of copy paper from the office manager so if I find something that I like on the computer, then I can trace it and put it all together and take it with me.
Old 03-12-2009, 01:44 PM   #15  

oh yeah....when I was in the office getting change yesterday to do the kids laundry, the office manager was moving some things around on her desk. she goes "nope that one isn't yours, yup that one is yours." she got me and our neighbor (and good friend) a sympathy card and was having the other tenants (that know us) sign it with their condolences. I really appreciate it, so I am excited and looking forward to receiving it.