Old 02-08-2009, 05:15 PM   #121  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Thumbs up three new (and not so new) ones...

Up at last here, just kept sleeping and yet I swore I'd make it to the gym this morning and I will do it, because this is Day 1 of my ME Challenge. Doesn't that sound wonderfully selfish? Well, it is and it's meant to and I'm trying to get that me that really does exist and does all these awesome things like eat brown rice, make fresh vegetable juice, do hard workouts before work, ride horses the same and all that. It's not that sloth of a bum that pigs out on sugar, drinks beer until morning and blows off riding and workouts with a lie of an email and a bigger lie to the real me. No, this is what it takes and I DO have it takes, for chrissakes. I've always had it but it gets easier and easier to forget it. So, back up. Yesterday was good too and Saturday as well actually but I'm going to call this Day 1. Logging the food is the other challenge, with an ESTIMATE of calories. I hate calorie counting and always will and when I do it it starts me eating junk. Forget it. I have NO idea how much I should be eating when I'm working out like a demon when I start thinking calories. But if I listen to my body I can tell. It's just that the sloth ignores it. Well, I'm calling foul on the sloth and listening to ME.
Oh, and I'm starting another challenge, one I just thought of. I'm going to eat an apple every day. It's still the season. They're cheap, great hunger satisfiers, and healthful.

mod -- You silly thang. Do you think I'm sitting here enjoying your support and then checking it against what you do for yourself. Hail no. You can do what you want, just as long as you prop me up. No, really, hypocrisy?! Come on. If I ever did even a fraction of the things I advice consistently I'd be on the maintainers forum, not here with 30 lbs of the soft stuff to burn. Besides, I know what you've accomplished. I've SEEN the pictures. Wow. And, I know that despite your great attitude you have a lot of stuff going on that would have most people down for the count and staying down. No, you're made of tough stuff, mod, you can't fool me with your couple days of goofing off.
So, I see I was just out of it with your challenge. Glad to hear you're going strong. You see, I have no problem telling people to get with the challenges even when I'm lolling along without a clear one myself.
Oh, and you posted on 2/4 and 2/6 in Japan.

Apple -- If having you here is being "stuck" with you, then I'm going to have to redefine the expression. It's probably no wonder that when things get tough, we have two of the toughest still hanging on and going strong.
I hear you on the crunches. Another joy of being single. So far, my cats have not learned to vocalize their criticisms of me. I see it in their eyes though...
And, Apple, I haven't been to a movie theater in years myself. I was just thinking of it the other day when I passed one early in the morning and thought, who goes to a movie at 9 a.m. on a weekday? It would be nice though sometime, to do something so different. Well, hope you got that run in.

redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 07:21 PM   #122  

S/C/G: 230/179/150

Height: 5'7"

Oh Apple--me too! With the not being to exercise in front of DH without some snarky comment, and with sneaking my phone calls. I absolutely DON'T need any commentary one way or the other from him about my conversations with others or my work-out attempts!!

Red--an excellent addition to your challenge--the apple thing! I did that for all of October and November as a challenge on another thread. Funny thing, looking back I was doing really well those months. I will have to revisit that challenge again soon, I think.

Well, still here at home, after my swim. Didn't make it out to the movie yet--DH was taking a nap. May get there at the next showing--I just have been feeling like a quiet day here doing some reading (started a new book) after talking to family members and answering some emails. I should get out for a walk with the dogs but......
modcat44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 09:01 PM   #123  

Perhaps we have found the group challenge, to do all together! Apple a day! I'm in!

Last edited by Apple Blossom; 02-08-2009 at 09:02 PM.
Apple Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 09:19 PM   #124  

Sounds like a plan--I will buy some tomorrow as I am out. The fuji's just went back on sale again I think!
Old 02-08-2009, 11:41 PM   #125  
Never give up

Thumbs up an apple a day!

Ooh, looks like I've started something! And it was something I was about to forget myself. I came in here (I'm at work) had a look, saw the talk about apples and remembered I'd brought one. I often forget them and find them in the bottom of my bag days later. Good thing they last...anyhow, I got it, cut it up and am NOW, at this very moment, eating it. Yum!
And I got to the gym this morning, had a good run to some real kickA music. Back at it! Yes! OK, peops, we are the APPLE BUNCH!
Old 02-09-2009, 10:08 AM   #126  

As opposed to The Brady Bunch? Or maybe The Wild Bunch, or Honey Bunches Of Oats or the Apple Dumpling Gang?

(just kidding you, Red! So glad you are sounding good today!)
Old 02-09-2009, 03:24 PM   #127  

15 minute run, Day 11, 0 pauses left!
20 min additional exercise, Day 12, 1 pause left
Crunches, restart, 2 pauses allowed
No beer, Day 6, 1 pause left
Apple a day, lift off
Took a pause on the beer. My brother came over for dinner. I'm confident I can finish this challenge though.
I need to buy some apples too. I have a few but they don't look like they would be very crunchy anymore. I have a whole bag of pears I need to eat too.
I'm off for my run. Have a great day!
Old 02-09-2009, 09:37 PM   #128  
Keep Chuggin'

S/C/G: 166/150/120

Height: 5'1"

Hey all,

I WILL be joining back here soon - lots of stuff going on in my life and now i'm in the states again.. Leaving here tomorrow and I'll be back on Wed. night and then some time in the near future I shall be joining y'all again!

Good luck on the apple challenge

And Thanks, Mod - for the poke!!
miriam101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 10:39 PM   #129  

Yaay Miriam!!

Day one on the apple challenge--check! And did a 25 minute walk at lunch today and just ran tonight at least 2 miles outside before dinner! So far a great start to the work-week. I hope I can keep it up!
Old 02-10-2009, 09:51 AM   #130  

Off to work, and then swim class afterwards. Wanted to get in my post today in case I come home and fall asleep after dinner......
Old 02-10-2009, 04:29 PM   #131  

15 minute run, Day 12, 0 pauses left!
20 min additional exercise, Day 13, 1 pause left
No beer, Day 6, 0 pauses left!
Apple a day, Day 1
Oh dear, I'm drinking beer again. Must stop.
I have a really busy day today, so I gotta run.
Old 02-10-2009, 07:27 PM   #132  
Never give up

Thumbs up 2 down!

Quick check-in. Gotta run! Clear on all challenges, so that's Day 2 completed on all three. Got my apple cut, baggied and taking it with me. Later all!
Old 02-11-2009, 09:55 AM   #133  

Checking in again before work. Went to swim yesterday, came home really tired. But, planning on the gym tonight for weight training. That will make me go after work 3 days in a row--running, then swimming, then weights. It's been awhile since I did that--and yes, I feel like I'm accomplishing something again.

Apple yesterday--check! I will count out my days for the various challenges this week-end again when I have more time.

Apple--I be you could find a book someone has written about a Beer A Day Diet, or something that incorporates beer, haha! It might almost be worth it, to make it a planned part of your program, so you don't beat yourself up about it. I swear, there's been a ton of other crazy books/plans out there for all kinds of diets, that's because people need to find one that fits into their lifestyle the best.

Red--thumbs up!
Old 02-11-2009, 06:33 PM   #134  

15 minute run, start over
20 min additional exercise, Day 13, 0 pauses left
No beer, restart, 2 pauses allowed
Apple a day, Day 2
I just couldn't fit in any exercise in yesterday. well, that's not entirely true. I could have exercised, I just couldn't fit the running in. I was way too busy. Lets just call yesterday a failure and I'm back on it today. I went to the gym this morning feeling kind of crummy and left feeling really good. I really love my ipod. Nothing like a good work out and some cheerful tunes.
Ha ha, A Beer a DAy diet. It certainly is possible. Although beer is pretty much empty calories. I should make myself run a mile for every beer I drink. =
Old 02-11-2009, 07:16 PM   #135  
Never give up

Angry ticked....

I'm back to my pissed off attitude after seeing the scale go down then up and I'm just so tired of it all. I am not willing to eat less or exercise more. I really am not. I am doing a lot and if that's not enough, well, I guess I'm going to have to give it up, because I am just NOT prepared to do any more. It really sucks because I do a lot.
Oh, well, ignore me I guess. I guess I shouldn't think of it as having to do so much different to maintain a lower weight. The difference between maintaining a weight of 30 lbs less and what I am now isn't that much in calories. It's just that I'm not willing to do the work to "spend" the needed calories involved in burning off the 30 lbs of lard I have on my body. Damn, it's hard enough not eating more, let alone lose weight. And it's SO easy to gain weight, SO hard to take it off. What goes?
Anyhow, I'm calling yesterday clear on all three challenges. I am really in a vile mood today.
Day 3 completed on all three

Apple -- Too bad about the challenges. Maybe you should alter them, the running and the no beer ones. It can't be good to keep failing at them but they, or the beer particularly, seem too hard, too strict for you. Why do you do it anyhow? Does giving you the challenge still help you drink LESS? If so, then it's meaningful, but if not, then I would alter it somehow. Perhaps on the running too, you should lower the time or allow more pauses...can you? Anyhow, you know what you're doing and you're the only one who knows what you need. I should just shut up with the unsolicited advice, eh? I see you're clear on the apple challenge though/ Hurrah!

mod -- Sounds like you're in a groove. Good going! Did you get the apple in?

Last edited by redballoon; 02-11-2009 at 07:20 PM.