Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2009, 02:41 PM   #46  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Ok I am being blonde....could everyone email me where they live city and state if possible. Just trying to keep things straight in my little beedy mind.

Going down to get a latte' chat later.
Old 01-06-2009, 03:02 PM   #47  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Patty - Thanks for the tip about the carrots. I'll pick some up at the store and give that a try. Carrots would certainly be healthier and lower in calories than what I've been eating. I'm out of control right there with you and Shad. I've got to regain control and quick.

Mel - Thanks for the hug. Stay inside warm and cozy. Sorry to hear that the government is harassing you again. What a pain in the arse! Hang in there, Mel. Things will get better.

Annie - I hope you enjoyed your latte.

Well, better get back to it. I've got lots more to get done.

Love and hugs to all,
Old 01-06-2009, 05:24 PM   #48  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
Seems like January might be for Control for many of us. I generally eat fairly healthy and follow more or less the CSIRO diet which I had a lot of success with while in Townsville. Information on this is on the internet if you are interested try this link: http://www.csiro.au/science/TWD.html. There is too much meat in there for me but I just cut back to somewhere around the100g to 150g 4-6 ozs and find that suits me just fine. Now I just have to follow it more faithfully. So my challenge for the month is PORTION CONTROL.

Annie - I live in South East Queensland, Australia - at least that is where my house is. You may have noticed I am not here all that often.
You don't have a monopoly on weird drivers over there. When it rains over here, they all seem to think that they have to drive faster, overtake, stamp on the horn, tailgate and generally become complete idiots. The bigger the car the bigger the idiot. We have tropical rains here and sometimes you can't see an inch in front of you and the wipers can't cope and still they have to go fast!!! A judge put it well the other day when dealing with one of the local hoons up before him in court on multiple driving offences. He said: "I can and should send you to jail for 6 months, but with your looks, physique and youth you wouldn't last one night in there. There are men in there with faces even a mother couldn't love, who wouldn't care too much about your face they are only interested in other parts of your anatomy. Think carefully about these words because this is your very last chance!" The kid is now publicly acknowledging that the judge spoke sense he would mend his ways. He got fined and his car is now confiscated - can't remember for how long. Let's see how long it will last.

Michelle - Computer is not working properly but I have found ways and means to work around some of the problems. It's a pain, but I can't just dis-install it and play around any more. Roll on Robbie to sort it out. I have fixed some of the problems but not all. I can't find a way to loosen up the firewall and have to use administrator rights to get around getting into the internet. I have to find a way around the games module, even tho' I don't use it that often.
So you are on for a challenge for the month on eating control?

Mel - Glad to here you are looking after number 1 after all these years. It's about time someone (who gets paid to work there) stepped up to the mark and made some decisions. Strange system you have there.
Glad you got the good food stuff in before you wore out. Happy Trader Joeing later in the week - if the weather allows.

Patty - So nice that you enjoyed the concert. I like her singing. She did a nice duet with Il Divo on one of their early cds. It really is a beautiful piece of music they sing.
Sort out your eating plan now. You and I and Michelle WILL lose some weight this year!!

Ceejay - Enjoy your time off and have a rest, keep warm, read a book or two. Holidays are for pleasing yourself not the boss or the relatives or the friends.

Happy - Thanks for the finger wag, I don't have much junk in the house but I do tend to overeat particularly on the luscious fruit that is around at the moment. I had some wonderful peaches yesterday. Need to go back and get some more of those.
Is Mr Feral indestructable? Back again!!!! He must think a lot of you two.

Right well off to de-ant the place. I have found a couple of nests of the biggest ants I have seen. The nests are in trees!!! I need to figure out how to get rid of them without getting bitten or chopping down the entire tree. Spray (of the fly spray variety) doesn't seem to kill them off. So it is back to the dreaded ant kill again. See ya
Old 01-07-2009, 08:15 AM   #49  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

MICHELLE~ THEY EVEN HAVE CARROTS IN PACKS OF SINGLES AND CELERY TOO. PATTY HAD A GOOD IDEA. SAY GOODBYE TO THE DMIL FOR ALL OF US!

ANNIE~ I AM IN NJ RIGHT OUTSIDE NEW YORK CITY.

SHAD~ I THINK I REMEMBER MAKING A COPY OF THAT DIET FOR ONE OF THE OFFICE WOMEN WHEN YOU FIRST TOLD ME ABOUT YOUR SUCCESS. PROBABLY ANTOINETTE!!! SHE IS GIVING WW A TRY NOW...AGAIN.
HAPPY ANT HUNTING!

JUST LOOKED OUT THE WINDOW AND ALL I SEE IS RAIN. HOPE THAT THERE IS NO ICE ON THE ROAD BUT IT DOESN'T LOOK IT. LAST NIGHT WAS SPOOKY...JEN WASN'T FEELING GOOD AND RICHIE BROUGHT HER HERE. WHILE WE WERE MUNCHING ON DINNER AND WATCHING INDIANA JONES, THE LIGHTS KEPT FLICKERING. AT THE TIME IT WAS SLEET. SNOW AND RAIN BEGINNING AND SOME PRETTY STIFF GUSTS OF WINDS. WE UNPLUGGED EVERYTHING BUT THE ONE TV AND WAITED FOR A BLACKOUT THAT NEVER CAME I THINK JEN'S PROBLEM YESTERDAY WAS NERVES. THINKING TOO MUCH ABOUT THE "FUTURE". ALL WAS WELL WHEN THEY WENT TO BED. NOW MOM NEEDS A NAP TODAY. NOT ENOUGH SLEEP. GRANDSON IS SLEEPY TOO. HE TRIED TO FLY INTO THE BATHROOM THIS MORNING BUT LANDED ON THE FLOOR AGAIN. NOT SURE WHY HE CAME TO ME...SEEMED LIKE HE HAD "NIGHT FRIGHTS" AS THEY CALL IT. IT'S WHEN SOMETHING WAKES THAM UP, IT'S DARK AND THEY CANNOT SEE THE "ENEMY". SCARES THE BEJESUS OUT OF THEM AND LIKE DOPES THEY FLY IN THE DARK.
MUST BE MY TURN TO BE SOOTHING EVERYONE....BITH WITH AND WITHOUT FEATHERS!
HAPPY WEDNESDAY/ THURSDAY

Last edited by MELODY525; 01-07-2009 at 08:16 AM.
Old 01-07-2009, 09:01 AM   #50  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning ladies,

I think we're in for a dry spell for a bit. Thank goodness. Yesterday I ate a FiberOne bar with some yogurt for breakfast. Haven't eaten one of them in a long time now. It apparently caused some deadly mix inside of me as I am about to explode. Having very bad gas cramps all night long and into today. The problem is that it's inside of me and won't come out. Can't even sit down without discomfort. It's really sad when our bodies turn against us

Mel, glad you didn't get a blackout but it's always worrisome sitting when the lights flicker. Especially if you have to use the elevators I hope you gave some comfort to Jen. Sometimes it's hard to look at the future and keep a positive outlook but you just have to focus on getting through one day at a time to save your sanity I suppose. to you both. Does the grandson fly free from his cage? Don't you lock him in at night? I guess that makes sense about the night frights. Poor baby - can't leave even a soft light on since they need dark to sleep - I think.

Shad - good luck with the ants. If you say they are BIG then I am frightened as Texas ain't got nothing on big when it comes to Australia Sorry Patty but it's true. They got some giant bugs and stuff down there. I hope you don't wake up carried off into another room Shad.

I think the only place where the drivers are idiots is Mackinaw Island in the upper peninsula of the state of Michigan. The reason they are ok is because NO CARS are allowed on the island The whole world has gone bonkers. Maybe they should limit cars to 1) no faster than 55 miles per hour and definitely set it so cell phones will not work when the car is moving.

Michelle - that's a bummer with being so hungry but look at it as a temporary setback as I'm sure you well do. You are a very determined lady and when you are off the meds for good, I'm sure you will get back into fighting mode. Getting healthy is the first priority. And that tight band of constricted breathing and breathiness is no fun. Give the DMIL a hug from the worldly chicks - until the summer when you meet again...

Glad you enjoyed the concert Patty. I think unless the tickets are $10 they should perform for at least 2 hours I know I felt a little cheated with the Mannheim Steamroller concert. They did an intermission and performed for only about an hour and 15 minutes.

Annie - hope you have better weather today. How's work now that everyone is in the office?

Time for me to pack up my lunch and head out. Talk to you later ladies, have a good one.
Old 01-07-2009, 10:16 AM   #51  
Creating a Healthier Me

Happy Wednesday ladies -

So glad to be halfway through the work week! I'm pretty tired by the time I get home, and all I want to do is have dinner and watch TV in bed. Tomorrow, I have to leave the house at 4:15am to get DMIL to the airport. She has to be there by 5 for a 6:15 am flight. Then I'll be going into work early and hopefully be able to leave work early as well. I've already told DH that aside from a bit of website work I need to do this weekend, I want to spend the entire weekend resting and watching TV. I figure I'll take it easy in the evenings and this weekend and hopefully I'll have my energy back by next week. I'm definitely not going to rush it as I don't want any setbacks.

Shad - Thanks for the info about the CSIRO diet. I definitely want to join you in the portion/eating control challenge! I really got a kick out of what the judge said to the kid. Good for him! I can only imagine how big your ant problem must be! Good luck! I hope you're able to get rid of them.

Mel - I hope you and grandson are able to rest today. for Jen. I hope she is doing better. Sometimes it's best just to try and take everything a day at a time and not think about the future. Make sure with all that soothing of others that you take care of yourself too.

Happy - I picked up a couple boxes of FiberOne bars yesterday. I hope they don't have the same effect on me that they had on you. I hope you feel better soon. I definitely agree with you that drivers are bonkers everywhere! Thanks for the encouragement and vote of confidence about me getting back into "fighting" mode. You're right...I have to keep reminding myself that I need to get healthy again first. Sometimes I just get impatient and I want to get back to exercising, but I know my body's not ready quite yet. It won't be long though. I was pleasantly surprised to get on the scale today and found I only gained back 4 more pounds. So out of the 36 I lost last year, I gained back 16. Not great, I know. But I am thankful that despite being sidelined by my back and by illness and despite the prednisone, I'm still 20 lbs thinner than I was at this time last year...and since I've had success when exercising and following a healthy eating plan, I know I can and will have success again!

Annie - I hope you're having a great day at work!

Ceejay - Are you working today? If so, I hope you're having a good day. You're vacation's just a week away!

Patty - I hope you and Blackie are doing well.

Ruth, Carla, Madcat and everyone else - have a Wonderful Wednesday!

Love and big hugs,
Old 01-07-2009, 01:25 PM   #52  
Choose your hard

on the 20 pounds down for the year Michelle.

Yeah, it's a bummer that some came back BUT you still maintained some loss and that is great and a couple of pants sizes too!

DH and I are going grocery shopping tonight. I hate shopping but actually looking forward to getting some clean food into the house. I am still somewhat uncomfortable with this gas bubble inside of me so I was afraid to take the minestrone soup I made the other day for lunch (more beans and gas inducing veggies in there).

They had spaghetti in the cafeteria. Not too bad but the side of squash was yucky. Had a small side salad with mostly green things in it so not too bad. Passed up the deserts. My mom gave me 2 oranges my aunt had ordered from Florida. They were the most awesome oranges I have had in at least 2 years. They were so good I must admit I hoarded them both - ate one at work and one after supper yesterday in front of DH and didn't offer him any I am a bad wife. However he was very much enjoying the last of the Oreo cookies which is more his idea of a proper desert so that took some of my shame away I must find out where Aunt D ordered them and get me a box. We get oranges from California and Australia of all places - can't beat the Florida ones though.

Just peeking in here at lunch - time to go drop my tray back at the cafeteria and take a walk around the building. But first wipe the spaghetti drips off my shirt
Old 01-07-2009, 02:15 PM   #53  
Creating a Healthier Me

Happy - You are just so sweet! Thank you for the woohoo's. My size 14 slacks are too tight to wear right now....but I should be back in them in a couple weeks. Good for you for getting in the fruits and veggies. You're doing really well in the eating department. Isn't it amazing how a piece of great tasting fruit can sometimes be better than cookies? It's amazing you don't get oranges from Florida since you live so close. I can't do oranges very well...too much acid. I wish I could because I like them and they are so good for me. Good for you for talking a walk around the building. Hopefully next week, I'll be up to taking walks inside the building on my lunch hour.

Well, my quick check in time is over too.

Hope everyone is having a great day!
Old 01-07-2009, 02:38 PM   #54  
Creating a Healthier Me

I just wanted to mention that I signed up for the National Body Challenge on health.discovery.com (http://health.discovery.com/national...n/tune-in.html) If you sign up, you can get a free 30-day membership to Bally's health club. I can't use this as the closest Bally's is 45 minutes from where I live, but it might be an option for those of you who live close to Bally's.
Old 01-07-2009, 03:36 PM   #55  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Default Morning all

Michelle - Challenge sounds good but the nearest Bally's to me is 12000 miles away. I might drive 45 minutes to the gym but not that far.
on the 20lb down. I hearby crown you of the thread for the years weightloss.

Happy - we get Californian oranges over here too. Sorry but I think the Riverland oranges from Victoria are better. Mind you some of the farmers are bulldozing the trees because of cheap imports from Thailand and Vietnam (for juice) are ruining their industry. We are also getting garlic from the US at the moment WTF - garlic from 4 different places???? China, homegrown, Mexico and US???
I like your idea of dessert better than DH's Oreos.

Mel - the grandson was frightened by something. They take flight even at night when danger looms. Our old bird used to try to escape before the earthquake struck. He was a great early warning system. I used to have to clean up feathers and s*** and seed all over the place.

Today will be busy again. I nearly have the house straight, still have to clean the fridge and pantry and laundry and wash the floors. But today since it will be a bit cooler apparently I will go out into the garden and pull the weeds, fertilise,mulch and water the garden and just maybe plant a few bits and pieces to try and keep the weeds down somewhat.

So having said that. I'm off to dig and pull. Have a good day and don't forget to sweat.

Last edited by Shad; 01-07-2009 at 03:40 PM.
Old 01-07-2009, 04:06 PM   #56  
Creating a Healthier Me

Shad - I don't blame you for not wanting to travel 12000 miles to go to Bally's. I have a membership to the Y, which is 10 minutes from my house...so I'm going to be heading there when I have my energy/breath back. Good for you for getting all that stuff done inside and out around the house. Sounds like a busy day of gardening ahead. DH and I have been looking through seed catalogs to determine what veggies to start early from seed indoors prior to transplanting them outside when spring finally gets here.
Old 01-07-2009, 05:30 PM   #57  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

CONGRATULATIONS MICHELLE! GREAT NEWS FROM YOU TODAY!! EVEN WITH ALL THE ILLNESS ETC YOU GOT 20 LOBS OFF!! WOW!! WTG!!! WITH YOUR TRACK REACORD, I AM SURE WHEN YOU ARE 100% FEELING BETTER THAT YOU'LL GET THE REST BACK OFF IN NO TIME FLAT

HAPPY~ NO THE GRANDSON IS FREE FLYING. NO CAGES FOR HIM BUT HE NEVER USUALLY FLIES ANYWHERE UNLESS HE IS SPOOKED. HE ALREADY HAS A NIGHTLIGHT BUT HE'S GETTING OLDER NOW AND SLEEPS VERY HEAVILY. MAYBE I WOKE HIM UP!!! OR THE "CONSTRUCTOS" BEHIND ME HAMMERING AWAY. SO SORRY YOU HAVE THE GAS WOES AND HOPE THEY LEAVE SOON. CHEW ON PAPAYA ENZYME TABLETS. THEY SELL THEM IN THE VITAMIN AISLE. JEN AND I WOULDN'T BE WITHOUT THEM...AID IN DIGESTION AND DO A GREAT JOB...BETTER THAN TUMS ETC.

SHAD~ YOU CAN LIVE HERE....THERE IS A BALLY'S GYM ABOUT 5 MINUTES AWAY FROM THE BLDG! EASY TO GET TO AND THE GRANDSON MIGHT LIKE A BABYSITTER AT NIGHT TO KEEP HIM COMPANY CAN YOU SLEEP WITH A NIGHT LIGHT ON?
I FORGET NOW!!!

I WILL BE MIA IN THE MORNING...THE WEATHER IS GOOD AND THE TRIP TO TRADER JOE'S IS STILL ON FOR THE EARLY MORNING.....PROVIDING I GET MY FAT BUTT OUT OF BED AND STOP LOUNGING AROUND!!!
I DID NOTHING TODAY BUT REST AND PROGRAM MY PHONE WITH NUMBERS FOR "HELP". GOT A LIST FROM MY FRIEND IN CASE I NEED TO CALL THEM. MUCH BETTER THAN ME TRYING TO REPAIR TOILETS AT 1AM!!!!
HAVE A GREAT DAY TOMORROW AND STAY WELL
Old 01-08-2009, 06:37 AM   #58  
Creating a Healthier Me

Good morning ladies -

I was up at 3:30 and left the house at 4:00 to take DMIL to the airport. It's now 5:30 and I'm at work. At least the building is open and I can start work this early, so I don't have to stay out in my car in the cold. Since I got here so early, I was able to park right in front of the building, which given my lung capacity lately is a good thing. I'm going to try and accomplish everything I need to so I can leave a little early today. The cafeteria opens in an hour, so I'll be able to get coffee and breakfast then.

Mel - Have a great time at TJ's. You and Jen know so much about supplements. Do you learn all that from TV or the internet or magazines? I just recently learned that taking a Vitamin D supplement (1000 units or more) daily can help boost the immune system. Have you heard anything about that? In the article I read, they said since people typically get Vitamin D from sunshine, Vitamin D supplements are especially beneficial for folks in colder, northern climates where you don't go outside much in the winter. I hope grandson is doing better today. Good for you for resting and getting the help numbers programmed into your phone.

A big to everyone! Here's to a great day for all of us!

Love and hugs,
Old 01-08-2009, 08:45 AM   #59  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Good Morning Everyone!!

Michelle...congrats on your 20 lb loss! You rock sista! Needless to say this morning I am up an entire 10 lbs. I need to get with the program or it is going to get away from me. We have a free gym we can use just a block over from work, but for the life of me, I cannot get motivated to go there. I am flabby and have a bit of skin hanging on the tummy (would need surgery for that, but not vain enough to do it). It is so cold, snowy and icy here so much lately, I just want to go home and crash, which is what I do.

MEL... ohh you are going shopping at my favorite place again. How fun! Pick me up some shelled edaname. I just love that.

Shad....I can't get motivated to go a block to exercise, can't imagine you traveling 12000 miles to exercise. ;^)

Happy...someone left Florida oranges in our breakroom yesterday. I ate two of them and saved one for today. I also got a basket of clementines at the grocery last night on sale for 2.99. I can eat a couple of those little things in one sitting. Yummy.

Patty...glad you had a great time at the concert and it was all you expected.

It was another slick ride in this morning. It is snowing now. TV weatherman said no snow today. I am convinced I could to the local weather and be as inaccurate as they are. haha.

Work was great yesterday. I was so dang busy, I looked up it was 4:30 and time to go home. I am getting to use skills that I lost..slowly coming back to me. It is fun and I just love it.

Tonight is steak and beans dinner at our director's house. It is for some kind of competition that happened BA-before Anne came on board. However they want me to attend to be part of the team. How cool is that?

Tony is in a weird place in his head about his job. It is not looking good at the moment. He is kind of freaking. Bless his heart. Prayers for him. (may have to either go to a night shift of management or stay on days and cut his hours back to 24-36 a week) I told him at least he has a job and that is the bright side. You just have to stay positive and focused.

Speaking of focused.....let's all get focused, especially me, and help me with that on this 10 lb gain I have had. I need to get it back off. The peanut m&m's did not help on the way to work this morning. Made me feel sick and want to puke, literally. I hate chocolate and sugar does not agree with me. TELL ME, WHY DO I DO THIS TO MYSELF??

Better get going on this work day.

Hello to all those I missed.

Much love and many hugs,
Old 01-08-2009, 08:53 AM   #60  
Choose your hard

Good morning chicks,

The mattress monster had me in his deadly grips. I guess I slept right through the alarm so unlike Michelle, I will NOT be arriving at work early today. And I have to be there for a first thing in the morning meeting. So off I go. Back later.
Closed Thread