Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2008, 06:38 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 138/114/105

Height: 5'0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZetaMD2Be View Post
Hey Ladies!

After a seriously disasterous weekend, exercise wise, I hoped on the scale Monday morning expecting to see a gain.. but I lost a pound! YIPPEE!!! Gotta love the small victories!!!

Cassie

Sometimes I find that if I'm good all week (with eating AND exercise) and I go moderately crazy on the weekends, I still end up losing weight by the next mid-week. I try to not worry so much on friday and saturday but sunday-thursday I try my hardest to eat right and work out. It seems to be working!
Old 10-23-2008, 11:29 AM   #77  
Grasshopper

S/C/G: 197/117/100

Height: 4'10"

I'm checking in, at 4'10 1/2"....And it's frustrating, i have friends that weigh the same as me yet because of their height they look fab! And my back is the worst, i store it all there, and no exercise seems to target it, my doc told me I just have to lose a bit more to get rid of it....
Old 10-26-2008, 12:53 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 138.6/135.4/110

Height: 5'0"

i have back aches too, redkat - my biggest problem is the size of my boobs -- Which puts added pressure on my back. Still, I do know that when I reach my optimal weight, the aches lessen, at least in intensity!

So I'd dropped off blogland and the msg boards for a couple of weeks --- but the damage hasn't been bad - i havne't lost anything, but i havne't gained anything -- yay for small victories?
Old 10-26-2008, 02:33 PM   #79  

Yes, yay for small victories I hope.

i gain and lose the same pounds, maintaining a weight of 123/124... with the holidays coming up in nov/dec, i am just hoping I don't gain at this point.

Any suggestions on how to jump start a stalled weight loss? I'd like to keep going down to get closer to my goals.

Last edited by mermaid20; 10-26-2008 at 02:33 PM.
Old 10-27-2008, 04:00 AM   #80  

S/C/G: 192/175/130

Height: 5'1"

Another fellow shorty right here! *raises hand* I come in at about 5'1"...maybe 5'2" if I'm lucky! LOL I get very frustrated when I have to buy jeans/bottoms.
Old 10-27-2008, 07:44 AM   #81  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by mermaid20 View Post

i gain and lose the same pounds, maintaining a weight of 123/124... with the holidays coming up in nov/dec, i am just hoping I don't gain at this point.

Any suggestions on how to jump start a stalled weight loss? I'd like to keep going down to get closer to my goals.
Mermaid, what you are currently eating now? Are you being very consistient? I find that it is the key to steady weight loss - oh and patience. Are you tracking your calories? Closely? What kinds of foods are you eating? How's the exercise been going? Cause really the only way to "jump start" weight loss is to restrict calories, eating cleaning and exercising. Let us know what you've been up to so we can suggest how you can kick things up a notch, so to speak.

Last edited by rockinrobin; 10-27-2008 at 11:42 AM.
Old 10-27-2008, 11:21 AM   #82  

Good Monday morning, ladies! It's the start of the last week in October - so how about a quick challenge to keep us on track, and get us ready for November?

Here's what I suggest -
1. Do ONE thing health/food/weight related that you've been neglecting/avoiding doing, or that could use some improvement/change. Examples: drinking 6-8 glasses of water, exercising 30 mins a day etc...
2. Log on at least once a day (monday to friday) to let us know if and how you've done!

I'll start: from Monday to Friday, no soda for me!
Old 10-27-2008, 05:22 PM   #83  
Learning to fly again

S/C/G: 196/ticker/130

Height: 5' 2"

Me: Exercise 4x/wk for at least 30 min.
Old 10-27-2008, 05:30 PM   #84  

rockinrobin- you mean i should be eating the same things everyday? Does that really help/make a difference? I'm not consistent as I like to mix it up. i try for a lot of fruits and veggies throughout the day as snacks and sides.

For breakfast i have special K cereal and fruit everyday. But my lunches and dinners always vary.

i don't think I drink enough water and I need more exercise, but i feel that my diet part is going well since I have cut down my calorie intake by at least half and I'm eating a lot healthier then ever before.

I used to have garlic bread, baked ziti, loaded nachos, tons of cheese on breads, plain bread and butter with stuffed shells or ravioli, soda once or twice a day, chocolate, cookies, ... i mean, you name it. Sometimes those items would be lunch, dinner and snack all in one day!

Now it's cereal, fruits and veggies, hummus, healthier breads (never more than 2 slices), a little turkey or chicken now and then, squash, sweet potato, and only water. I don't know how I haven't lost more weight considering all i gave up and how many calories I cut on a daily basis.
Old 10-27-2008, 05:31 PM   #85  

My goal: Exercise at least three times a week for at least 25 minutes...

ugh =(
Old 10-27-2008, 05:37 PM   #86  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonja81 View Post
Another fellow shorty right here! *raises hand* I come in at about 5'1"...maybe 5'2" if I'm lucky! LOL I get very frustrated when I have to buy jeans/bottoms.
welcome i wish i lived in the warm weather...
Old 10-27-2008, 07:40 PM   #87  

Quote:
rockinrobin- you mean i should be eating the same things everyday? Does that really help/make a difference? I'm not consistent as I like to mix it up. i try for a lot of fruits and veggies throughout the day as snacks and sides.

For breakfast i have special K cereal and fruit everyday. But my lunches and dinners always vary.

i don't think I drink enough water and I need more exercise, but i feel that my diet part is going well since I have cut down my calorie intake by at least half and I'm eating a lot healthier then ever before.

I used to have garlic bread, baked ziti, loaded nachos, tons of cheese on breads, plain bread and butter with stuffed shells or ravioli, soda once or twice a day, chocolate, cookies, ... i mean, you name it. Sometimes those items would be lunch, dinner and snack all in one day!

Now it's cereal, fruits and veggies, hummus, healthier breads (never more than 2 slices), a little turkey or chicken now and then, squash, sweet potato, and only water. I don't know how I haven't lost more weight considering all i gave up and how many calories I cut on a daily basis.
Sounds like you're doing great on the food front! Are you eating around 1200-1500 calories these days!? It sucks being stuck in a plateau, but may be if you tried a different exercises? I mean, if you have run, maybe you could try kickboxing...if you do yoga, then maybe pilates would be interesting..? I think what happened is that your body is now used to the level of calories/exercise you do- and needs a shakeup - not necessarily a reduction in calories or an increase in fitness activities, but just a change. It might be just the jumpstart your body needs!
Old 10-27-2008, 08:52 PM   #88  

thanks for the advice aino.

come to think of it, when i was trying out different exercises i was losing more weight, but now that i stick to one exercise routine, it has slowed. maybe i do need to switch it up a bit.
Old 10-27-2008, 09:21 PM   #89  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Quote:

No, no, no Mermaid. I didn't mean consistient with the FOODS that you eat, I meant consisitient with sticking to your plan.

Sounds like you're eating some good stuff. Just wondering though, are you tracking your calories??? It's so easy to overdo it - even on the healthy stuff.

Exercise can do wonders. Wonders. I think you might want to aim a tad higher then 3x a week, 25 minutes if you want to see better results, IMO. I really can't stress how important it is, at least for me, to add in some kind of formal exercise. We need all the help we can get in burning up those calories and creating a calorie deficit.

You may never love to DO exercise, but you will absolutely adore what it can do for your body.
Old 10-28-2008, 07:11 PM   #90  
Learning to fly again

S/C/G: 196/ticker/130

Height: 5' 2"

Hi guys,
Just checking in with my goals, I did 20 min cardio, 30 min firming today

1 down, 3 to go
Closed Thread