Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2008, 11:21 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 138/114/105

Height: 5'0

Wait, you use a postal scale to weigh your food? =0)
Old 10-08-2008, 08:41 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 138.6/135.4/110

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamesennin View Post
Oh kickboxing! That sounds like a lot of fun. Be sure to come back and tell us how you like it!!

As for losing 29 pounds...well I kind of cheated and had a baby--that's good for about 7 pounds plus fluid and placenta=easy 20 lbs right there. I'm averaging 2 lbs per month so I'm hoping to increase that by a little!

It IS fun, when I do go So far I'm averaging 1.5 times a week (well, went 2 the first week, once the second ) but I'm hoping to go at least twice a week! Here's hoping...

congratulations on the baby! 2 lbs a month is still faster than me I've been on WW for almost a month now, and so far my net loss is 1.6 lbs I think Snails move faster than I do when it comes to weight loss !
Old 10-08-2008, 08:48 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 138.6/135.4/110

Quote:
Originally Posted by mermaid20 View Post
Wait, you use a postal scale to weigh your food? =0)
lol

well, there's also Escali Primo Digital Multifunctional Scale - on the few occasions I've used it, it's been great It has excellent reviews on Amazon. Check out Amazon - they have many other scales starting at $4 !
Old 10-08-2008, 09:43 PM   #34  
Believe it, be it

S/C/G: 198/ticker/125

I'm five foot. And, I never eat under 1200 cal a day. You really shouldn't go below that. I average out between 1200 and 1500 tops.
As far as exercise, I try to work out 4-5 times a week for at least 30 minutes.
Old 10-09-2008, 12:25 AM   #35  
Day 1 back on plan...

S/C/G: 244/tickers/175

I wanted to jump in and say...I'm a shorty too @ 5 " 1 I have a lot to lose and with being so short that even losing 100 I'm still going to be OVERWEIGHT...My goal is just to feel better and add some healthy habits to my life. So excited to see a thread for us shorter gals
Old 10-09-2008, 09:29 AM   #36  
Believe it, be it

S/C/G: 198/ticker/125

Losing, where in Florida are you? I grew up down there and just moved up to NC this past summer.

As far as being "still overweight" after losing weight, I think it's proportionate to your body type too. I'm a big boned gal, so I've got that against me as far as the weight itself. So, while I'm shooting for a final goal of probably 140, I will always weigh a bit more than what I "should" weigh on those silly charts.
Old 10-09-2008, 02:29 PM   #37  
Day 1 back on plan...

S/C/G: 244/tickers/175

I'm on the east coast central florida area I've been here since my family moved here back when I was eight years old from TX...which was a long time ago 22 years.

I don't know about a final goal. I have to break my goals up or it just seems way to far away. I remember about 170 feeling good ...Still OVERWEIGHT of course but not feeling like a whale

What are you all doing for diet and exercise?
Old 10-09-2008, 02:53 PM   #38  

Yeah it's good to have small goals. I find myself overwhelmed with the big numbers and I get discouraged...

for diet and exercise... I just started cardio (using biggest loser's cardio max for 20 min or jillians 30 day shred for 25 minutes) and also 10 minutes of abs and some stretching/yoga. I try to get in 30 minutes of exercise three times a week.

For eating, I try to eat only 1200 calories, but usually fall between 1500-1800. My average is like 1680. I track this using fitday which is a website I can't live without when it comes to this new lifestyle. it helps calculate everything I eat and gives you charts and reports on your progress. I've been trying to reduce my fat content (my diet probably used to consist of 80% fat, now it's between 30-40%) It is supposed to be under 30%.
Old 10-09-2008, 03:16 PM   #39  
ChunkyDunkersAnon Founder

S/C/G: 215/192/150

Height: 5'3"

I'm an inch over the limit, but I'm also a "big" girl in general, D bust and fairly large bone structure for my size etc so I'm looking a little muffin-like over here, whereas my 6 foot cousins are model proportion. I've got some advice for you but if the one inch negates it... sorreh (:

I typically eat around 15-1600 calories a day. I cut way back on bread, that has helped me most of all (did you know that flour and water makes a wonderful glue?? Yep and it sticks so wonderfully to your insides. Yuck). I try to eat something raw (fruit and veggie) in every meal. I try to fill up on the raw foods or the most undesirable part of the meal first. This way I'm sure to eat it, and I feel rewarded for eating all the cauliflower by getting to the cheesy potatoes! I don't eat breakfast, but I'm not a morning person. This helps for snacking during the day, I've got more calories I can stuff into meals, but if you love breakfast, you go for it.

WATER!!!! Agh, learn to drink water, or at least low calorie drink mixes in water. The more water you have flowing through your body, the better. I drink 16 oz at a time so I don't feel overwhelmed by the booming "eeiiiight glasses a daaaaay!" directive.

I'm not very active either (I despise sweat). I'm not competitive. I don't particularly like the outdoors in any season except autumn.. texas heat isn't my friend. So I have learned to make things more difficult for myself just to throw in some activity. It seems to be working, because in three weeks I've maintained a 10 pound weight loss and it really hasn't been a big lifestyle change.

For instance, we live on a farm, so we have to open the gate before we drive up. I walk the long driveway back to the house instead of getting in the car again. My hubs and I also go to college on a large campus so I make it a point to park in the furthest parking lot, and go to his classes and wait for him at the end of the day in a building I otherwise would have no business in. This way, I focus more on where I have to be than "omg I have to walk all over the place @#[email protected]!"

If we have groceries to bring in, I grab two bags at a time so I have to make more trips. I haven't taken an elevator in 3 months and don't plan to again. Obviously you can't do things like this all the time or things wont get done, frozen pizzas will thaw, and you'll get nowhere on time, but throw it in where you can (:

If you ever can get to a nutrition or health seminar for relatively cheap, or even sit in on a class on a local campus, it will help put you off some of that junk food and you will get very sound advice. I am a biology student and I hear about the stuff they put in all the junk food/meat over and over and over and it just makes me ill. But then, I've always been a picky eater.

Good luck to you!!!
Old 10-10-2008, 05:57 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 168/144.8/115

Height: 4'11''

I've just started this whole "healthy" thing but so far I do Leslie Sansone's walking dvds and try to get 10,000 steps on my pedometer. I eat about 2,000 cals a day (bfing a 3 mo old). I'm also on week 3 of the 100 push up work out. I really really want some Richard Simmons dvds!
Old 10-10-2008, 07:39 PM   #41  
Joggernaut

S/C/G: 172/165

Height: 5'2

This is a great thread! I don't have too many friends as short as I am so I don't exactly know what a good weight would be. Granted I know we are all different and some of you can weigh 125 lbs and be a size 4 (at that weight, I was pretty fit, had completed a triathlon, and was still as size 10).

Eating is my biggest downfall--I want to eat like everyone else! My current partner in crime is a 6'1 fella, 135 lbs (down 10 lbs since moving to Korea with me) and can eat whatever the **** he wants. So here's me 1 foot shorter, 30 lbs heavier, generally eating the same portions as him. I've lost like 1 lb since being here. ... Anyways, cutting out the bad food that does nothing to him and eating less than him will really be a challenge.

My exercise comes and goes but right now it's pretty good--it's at least 25 minutes a day (30 Day Shred) plus maybe some walking or hiking. So it's really the eating that's stalling my weight loss. I really think there will be some grief going on when start trimming the fat, so to speak.

As for clothes (not many people commented on that), I wear dresses! Easy to buy, on my shape (pear) they look good, and depending on the cut, can really hide my disliked parts. I own like 2 pairs of pants because a) it's so hard to find pants that fit my big butt and short legs and b) if they fit, they might not look that flattering--it's just adding definition to my worst area, which is my lower body. Plus I have no clue what size I am... a 14 could to baggy on me or maybe I wouldn't be able to pull them up past my knees.

I also think people overestimate my size... someone with my proportions and taller would wear a much larger size. Whenever I get free t-shirts, they usually hand me a XL and then I swim in it with it coming down to my knees. I usually get a kicked out of their embarrassed expression then--way to judge, jerk!
Old 10-10-2008, 08:50 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 170/Ticker/124-126

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCArtist View Post
My doc says I am 5'2.. I say I am 5'3. He obviously can't measure correctly :P

Thank you for suggesting YouTube for exercise videos! I never thought about YouTube as good for anything besides funny cat videos
haha that's what i always say i just think im 5'2 and some change lol
Old 10-12-2008, 03:05 PM   #43  

It is funny how we can be the same height and weight and yet our clothing size will still be different. When I was 108 pounds I squeezed into a size 4. A few years ago when I was 125 pounds I fit into a size 6/7. I am now back down to 125 pounds, yet I am still wearing a 9/10. It's very odd that at the same weight I am wearing such different sizes. That is why I prefer dresses over pants too. I feel I always look my best and skinnier in dresses and skirts.

As for exercise, I do really like the 30 day shred workout and should be doing it everyday, but I only do it twice a week. Are you finding you are getting good results from it? I was reading the 30 day shred thread and some said they are losing weight, some said they are losing inches... I'm just curious as to everyone elses results.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyra View Post
This is a great thread! I don't have too many friends as short as I am so I don't exactly know what a good weight would be. Granted I know we are all different and some of you can weigh 125 lbs and be a size 4 (at that weight, I was pretty fit, had completed a triathlon, and was still as size 10).

Eating is my biggest downfall--I want to eat like everyone else! My current partner in crime is a 6'1 fella, 135 lbs (down 10 lbs since moving to Korea with me) and can eat whatever the **** he wants. So here's me 1 foot shorter, 30 lbs heavier, generally eating the same portions as him. I've lost like 1 lb since being here. ... Anyways, cutting out the bad food that does nothing to him and eating less than him will really be a challenge.

My exercise comes and goes but right now it's pretty good--it's at least 25 minutes a day (30 Day Shred) plus maybe some walking or hiking. So it's really the eating that's stalling my weight loss. I really think there will be some grief going on when start trimming the fat, so to speak.

As for clothes (not many people commented on that), I wear dresses! Easy to buy, on my shape (pear) they look good, and depending on the cut, can really hide my disliked parts. I own like 2 pairs of pants because a) it's so hard to find pants that fit my big butt and short legs and b) if they fit, they might not look that flattering--it's just adding definition to my worst area, which is my lower body. Plus I have no clue what size I am... a 14 could to baggy on me or maybe I wouldn't be able to pull them up past my knees.

I also think people overestimate my size... someone with my proportions and taller would wear a much larger size. Whenever I get free t-shirts, they usually hand me a XL and then I swim in it with it coming down to my knees. I usually get a kicked out of their embarrassed expression then--way to judge, jerk!
Old 10-12-2008, 07:53 PM   #44  
Joggernaut

S/C/G: 172/165

Height: 5'2

I totally recommend the 30 Day Shred everyday! I don't know if results would show up the same if you only did it a couple times a week.. ??? Anyways, I lost a couple lbs instantly and then none. After 5 days I had already lost a little bit of size in my waist and thighs. I am going to re-measure myself every 5 days (for motivation--the scale really isn't moving so quickly). The support in that thread is great--if not for them, I'd probably have quit or skipped some days.
Old 10-13-2008, 06:02 AM   #45  

S/C/G: 207/ticker/130

Height: 5'0''

Hi Everyone! I'm a shortie too -- 5'0'' if I'm pushing it... I think I'm more like 4'11.5''. Right now, I'm just adding in some exercise to my week-- aiming for 45 min workouts 4 times a week. I've also made it a point to try and drink 80oz of water each day and take my multivitamin. Other than that, I haven't made great effort to change my eating habits, but that's going to be my new goal for November. October is a hard month for me due to school and my current rotation in school (OB/Gyn) -- it just doesn't lend itself to strict eating habits. I'm lucky if I have time to eat lunch at all some days. I've never been good with counting calories or points, so I'm just going to try and change my portions and eat more veggies than anything else. If that doesn't work out for me, I'll move to a stricter diet of some sort (that's a bridge I'll cross when i get to it).

I hope everyone had a great weekend!

Last edited by ZetaMD2Be; 10-13-2008 at 06:03 AM.
Closed Thread