Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-15-2008, 08:44 PM   #61  
Learning to fly again
 
Newshinyme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 756

S/C/G: 196/ticker/130

Height: 5' 2"

Default

I never believed in chiropractic until I started going for myself and I have to say, it does make a difference, my hubby used to get this really bad migraines and I am happy to say that now he does not get them as often/severely as before. The biggest thing I noticed, other than now standing straight and evenly is that my periods became almost painless, I am not going to complain about that
Newshinyme is offline  
Old 10-16-2008, 08:51 PM   #62  
Senior Member
 
aino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: California
Posts: 131

S/C/G: 138.6/135.4/110

Height: 5'0"

Default

i'm a big fan of massages and stuff, but i have never been to a chiropractor yet.. sounds like everyone who's gone has had psoitive experiences! Would love to check it out... I get migraines at least once a month...
aino is offline  
Old 10-17-2008, 02:33 AM   #63  
Senior Member
 
kamesennin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: outerspace
Posts: 164

S/C/G: 168/144.8/115

Height: 4'11''

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aino View Post
i'm a big fan of massages and stuff, but i have never been to a chiropractor yet.. sounds like everyone who's gone has had psoitive experiences! Would love to check it out... I get migraines at least once a month...
Ooo migranes sound soooo painful. I've never had one but I bet if feels like you want to die. A few chiro visits might just be what you need! It's weird I seriously feel like I can walk better now. I go in again tomorrow.
kamesennin is offline  
Old 10-17-2008, 11:02 AM   #64  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 259

S/C/G: 138/114/105

Height: 5'0

Default

How is everyone doing?

I'm having a few problems. one is that my weight loss is slowing to a halt. I lost around 10 pounds in one month and now the second month mark is approaching and i think i only lost 1-2 pounds. I'm supposed to be eating 1200 calories but it is SO hard and I usually eat around 1400-1600. So To make up for that I should be exercising hardcore. But I am so beyond lazy and hard to motivate when it comes to physical activity that if I do get in a workout, it is usually only 30 minutes and that only burns 150 calories at most.

my second problem is i feel that due to being more conscious of my body now, i am actually feeling less secure and have less self esteem then before i lost the weight. I never really felt bad about my body until I saw 138 on the scale and overheard my parents talking about how I was fat and they wished i would lose some weight. Right now I am at 124.5 and all I see is the fat I have left to lose and I just hate looking in the mirror, getting dressed, I'm always worried about how I am sitting or standing because I don't want to emphasize the tire of fat i have on my stomach. I am also upset because in undergraduate school when I was 125 I was fitting into size 6 and I looked more toned and fit. Now I'm a 9, 3 sizes bigger at least and I'm assuming thats due to more fat less muscle... but it's still upsetting. I want my old body back.
mermaid20 is offline  
Old 10-17-2008, 03:30 PM   #65  
Senior Member
 
kamesennin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: outerspace
Posts: 164

S/C/G: 168/144.8/115

Height: 4'11''

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mermaid20 View Post
How is everyone doing?

I'm having a few problems. one is that my weight loss is slowing to a halt. I lost around 10 pounds in one month and now the second month mark is approaching and i think i only lost 1-2 pounds. I'm supposed to be eating 1200 calories but it is SO hard and I usually eat around 1400-1600. So To make up for that I should be exercising hardcore. But I am so beyond lazy and hard to motivate when it comes to physical activity that if I do get in a workout, it is usually only 30 minutes and that only burns 150 calories at most.

my second problem is i feel that due to being more conscious of my body now, i am actually feeling less secure and have less self esteem then before i lost the weight. I never really felt bad about my body until I saw 138 on the scale and overheard my parents talking about how I was fat and they wished i would lose some weight. Right now I am at 124.5 and all I see is the fat I have left to lose and I just hate looking in the mirror, getting dressed, I'm always worried about how I am sitting or standing because I don't want to emphasize the tire of fat i have on my stomach. I am also upset because in undergraduate school when I was 125 I was fitting into size 6 and I looked more toned and fit. Now I'm a 9, 3 sizes bigger at least and I'm assuming thats due to more fat less muscle... but it's still upsetting. I want my old body back.
How about doing more weight training, taking a class or finding something fun to do for exercise? I would kill to be 125 but it is all about self body image, I guess. Do you feel better adopting a healthier lifestyle? Even though I am ~30 lbs overweight I feel strong and healthy with the changes I have made in diet and exercise. That in itself motivates me to keep going. PS 1200 seems awfully low, I could never keep going on that even if I wasn't bfing.
kamesennin is offline  
Old 10-17-2008, 08:28 PM   #66  
Member
 
tinamae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Delaware
Posts: 98

S/C/G: 138.8/135.4/122

Height: 5'1

Default

I have put on 8 pounds since early May and it has soo made so much of a difference. My clothes fit so much tighter. I think if I weighed 5'5 or taller, such a small weight gain wouldn't make so much of a difference.
tinamae is offline  
Old 10-17-2008, 08:56 PM   #67  
Learning to fly again
 
Newshinyme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 756

S/C/G: 196/ticker/130

Height: 5' 2"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinamae View Post
I have put on 8 pounds since early May and it has soo made so much of a difference. My clothes fit so much tighter. I think if I weighed 5'5 or taller, such a small weight gain wouldn't make so much of a difference.
*sigh* I know..... I generally like being short (maybe it's that I am used to it hehe), except when it comes to the weight thing. Even a few pounds do make a big difference in our bodies.
Newshinyme is offline  
Old 10-17-2008, 11:05 PM   #68  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 259

S/C/G: 138/114/105

Height: 5'0

Default

I totally agree.
mermaid20 is offline  
Old 10-19-2008, 02:31 PM   #69  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 259

S/C/G: 138/114/105

Height: 5'0

Default

I have gained about two pounds in the past 3 days! I need to get motivated again to exercise... I don't want to watch my work get ruined by letting the weight creep back up. I want to keep going down... if only it was easy...
sigh.. 18 more pounds to go to hit my first mini-goal.
mermaid20 is offline  
Old 10-21-2008, 11:21 AM   #70  
Member
 
hereyago's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Nashville
Posts: 80

S/C/G: 160/see ticker/135

Height: 4'10"

Default Boy, it is tough

Hi All,

I am 4'10", and try to stay around 1200 to 1300 calories a day. When eating out most portion sizes are way too large for most people, but are really off for me.

I have been trying to lose weight and have watched my weight for many years. I have worked out an hour a day, 5 days a week for years and just never seemed to be able to shed even a few pounds. The only thing that ever worked was Phentermine with all of its wacky side effects. As soon as I came off of it, the weight came back.

So a few weeks ago I bought the Sensewear armband (similar to the Bodybugg that The Biggest Loser Contestants wear on the show). What it has done for me is confirm that I just don't burn a lot of calories in a day - sedentary job, long commute in the car every day. Without exercise, I only burn about 1400 calories a day which is the calorie requirements for dieters. On the weekends, I can burn about 2,000 calories a day without exercise because I am running around and doing housework.

I have changed my behavior over the last two weeks to try and hit 2,000 calories every day (exercising vigorously for an hour during the week) and eating 1300 calories. I am having some success which I am excited about.

This technology was expensive, but I had to start understanding what was wrong so I can try and lose weight.

Anyway, enough about that.
hereyago is offline  
Old 10-21-2008, 09:09 PM   #71  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 259

S/C/G: 138/114/105

Height: 5'0

Default

id love to try that, where can i look into that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hereyago View Post
Hi All,

I am 4'10", and try to stay around 1200 to 1300 calories a day. When eating out most portion sizes are way too large for most people, but are really off for me.

I have been trying to lose weight and have watched my weight for many years. I have worked out an hour a day, 5 days a week for years and just never seemed to be able to shed even a few pounds. The only thing that ever worked was Phentermine with all of its wacky side effects. As soon as I came off of it, the weight came back.

So a few weeks ago I bought the Sensewear armband (similar to the Bodybugg that The Biggest Loser Contestants wear on the show). What it has done for me is confirm that I just don't burn a lot of calories in a day - sedentary job, long commute in the car every day. Without exercise, I only burn about 1400 calories a day which is the calorie requirements for dieters. On the weekends, I can burn about 2,000 calories a day without exercise because I am running around and doing housework.

I have changed my behavior over the last two weeks to try and hit 2,000 calories every day (exercising vigorously for an hour during the week) and eating 1300 calories. I am having some success which I am excited about.

This technology was expensive, but I had to start understanding what was wrong so I can try and lose weight.

Anyway, enough about that.
mermaid20 is offline  
Old 10-22-2008, 12:35 AM   #72  
Senior Member
 
ZetaMD2Be's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: NC
Posts: 277

S/C/G: 207/ticker/130

Height: 5'0''

Default

Hey Ladies!

After a seriously disasterous weekend, exercise wise, I hoped on the scale Monday morning expecting to see a gain.. but I lost a pound! YIPPEE!!! Gotta love the small victories!!!

Cassie
ZetaMD2Be is offline  
Old 10-22-2008, 10:33 AM   #73  
Member
 
hereyago's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Nashville
Posts: 80

S/C/G: 160/see ticker/135

Height: 4'10"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mermaid20 View Post
id love to try that, where can i look into that?
You can go to myminifly.com or to sensewear.com to read about it. There is also a thread on the 3fc forum where people talk about their experiences. Just search for "sensewear" or "bodybugg".

Can be bought online or available at 24 hour fitness gyms. I bought mine online.

Have to warn you it is pricey. You pay for the device, and a few accessories, then an online subscription to their webserver to upload your data. I justified the price because nothing else was working.

Hope that helps.
hereyago is offline  
Old 10-22-2008, 03:15 PM   #74  
Learning to fly again
 
Newshinyme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 756

S/C/G: 196/ticker/130

Height: 5' 2"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mermaid20 View Post
id love to try that, where can i look into that?
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...light=bodybugg

this is an awesome post about it, it will give you lots of information

mermaid: could it be that your weight gain is just water retention? 2 lbs in 3 days seems a bit much, that would mean that you ate 7000 extra calories!, maybe TOM, not enough water or lots of salty stuff?
For exercise, I've found that going into one of the exercise accountability threads really helps me stay on track, I am not perfect, but at least I keep trying

Cassie: Congratulations!
Newshinyme is offline  
Old 10-22-2008, 07:36 PM   #75  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 259

S/C/G: 138/114/105

Height: 5'0

Default

Congrats Cassie!!

I'm setting my mini-goal for November 1st. I don't have a weight goal, but it's more of a check in date, since that will conclude my first two months trying to get healthy and skinny!

I need to join some exercise threads so that I stay motivated to work out. Any recommendations?
mermaid20 is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:40 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.