Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2008, 02:50 PM   #121  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Mary, Mary quite contrary - where dah heck you been?
Old 10-17-2008, 02:51 PM   #122  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Happy Friday ladies --

I haven't had a chance to be on the computer much. Had to do something super quick for work and then it's back to bed for me. I've got pneumonia. But now I'm on two antibiotics and steroids (Prednisone)....so the doc thinks that between these kick butt meds and bed rest I'll be back on my feet in a few days or so. (I hope).

Shad - I hope you're feeling better.

And I'm sending everyone love and hugs and hoping you're all enjoying Autumn.

Love and big hugs,
Old 10-17-2008, 05:46 PM   #123  
Choose your hard

Geez Michelle - you get your buttski back into bed and don't come out until you are all better. Tell the DH to wait on your hand and foot (although I already know he is). Please take care of yourself.
Old 10-17-2008, 06:53 PM   #124  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
Thanks for all the well wishes, they must be working as I am feeling better all the time. Next week should be back to the gym (situated very cunningly beside the mess hall. You have to go past it to get in and out of the mess)

I've gotten in this morning because I am using someone elses login (kind man who wants me to wave my magic wand and get some work off his plate) and it seems I can use the site with a proper login but not with the guest login. Anyway, not to worry I'm here.

It's Saturday. I'm at work and will be here all day today and tomorrow. My shift is 14 days straight then 7 days off which includes two days travelling where I will be going back to Brisbane and having 5 days of R&R before flying back. And I think I might need it. The amount work to do up here is ginormous. We have to put procedures in place, we have to set up work plans, we have to cajole and otherwise threaten the inhabitants. We have to sort out what happens and how and change that - it will be a real period of upheaval for them. The Mechanical Superintendent asked me how long was I free - my reply as usual was - Never free, always reasonable. However this job may take a lot longer than originally planned, but that is okay, things being what they are I need to look to the future, so long as I can stand the pace.

Hot Cup!!!! are you back???

Anyway, things being what they are, I'd better start work. I'll be back later. Thanks for all the well wishes and thanks to Mel for conveying the messages. Regular little postwoman she is
Old 10-17-2008, 07:57 PM   #125  

Shad, it's good to see you've recovered and will be able to sneak in from time to time. And if the contract ends up going a lot longer, at least it sounds like you're in comfortable accommodations with good food. Pity there's no "orchid" park/garden/centre for you to spend any free time searching for!

Rennie, are you out there? When last heard from you were cleaning the house while suffering from pneumonia... Sure hope you're all right!!!

And now Michelle has pneumonia too. Must be one of those nasty computer viruses or something. Rest well, take care of yourself, get well soon.

Mel, not much longer before you get a visit from me! I can't wait to meet in person at last! Be afraid, be very afraid.

Happy, good that you've started your physio. I'm with you on therapists that are more interested in chatting with everyone else while treating you. Ditto for hairdressers, sales clerks, "baristas", bank tellers.... As for Hallowe'en eecorations, I don't have a yard to decorate so have decided to devote all my efforts to consuming vast amounts of tiny candy bars.

Ceejay, your last post sounded so calm and well-rested! Nothing like a good night's sleep.

Anni, I've lit a metaphorical candle for you - don't give up the search. All that looking is bound to pay off. And now it's the weekend, no chance to seek work, the perfect opportunity to go out and enjoy the new guy.

Hello to Nae, Ruth, Madcat, and everyone else.

I'd like to thank you all for your kind birthday wishes. I can't say it was a very good day - drove for three hours to my difficult stepmother's home, then got to listen to her drunken nastiness. Such fun! Then drove home the next day and saw the investment guy - my retirement funds are down 25% so far, which wouldn't matter so much if I hadn't planned to make next year my last year at work... Then I bought a few US dollars, which now cost me 25% more than when I planned my NYC trip. (Interesting symmetry, no?) The Canadian electorate screwed up badly and re-elected Mr Wrong, with more seats than before, which is very bad news for the environment and the fight against climate change. As if that wasn't enough, saw the dental hygienist today, and the consensus is that my dental hygiene is impeccable, but my gums will nonetheless soon need surgery thanks to fine genetics. Grrr. Happy Birthday to me!

But enough negativity. There are people out there who don't have my good luck of being very much in demand in a profession that pays well. Others are losing their homes. So I'll just pour another glass of wine, get over my little snit, and go watch some drivel on the box. Take care all, let's just keep smiling.
Old 10-17-2008, 09:36 PM   #126  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Goooooood EVVEENNNing...that is supposed to be scary for Halloween...BOO!!

I am a dork!

My man, Tony is at home sick with strep throat and sinus infection,....I told him keep it to himself and stay in bed. I DON'T want it...no job means no insurance.... He said he was so sorry to break our date, please be patient with him, and he would make it up to me with dinner and a movie. I happily agreed. He sounded like death warmed over. Very SPOOKY for the holiday. haha

Carla...Keep it positive girl..we have enough negativity with the presidential candidates. They all suck IMO. and I would love to join you for a glass of vino...

Michelle...you poor darlin...do feel better. Seems everyone is getting hit with some kind of sickness going around. Here are some feel better hugs to you...

Shad..you are a working crazy woman...I would love to join you....this staying home crap is for the birds. I have vacuumed the house more in the last two weeks than I have in the entire time I have lived here. Sheesh

Happy...who is cupojava...don't think I have met her...she hasn't been on since I have been here.

Any ole ways...it is the second time to post for me today, guess that is what you get when your date is home sick. Poor baby....I would love to nurse him back to health..hehehe

EVERYONE get healthy...we cannot have this virus in our worldly chick house.

Hey to everyone I have missed.

Happy Hugs and Much Love to All.
Old 10-17-2008, 09:37 PM   #127  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

No Negativity In November!!!!
Old 10-18-2008, 08:40 AM   #128  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

OH MY GOD!!!!! NAE IS HERE 3 DAYS IN A ROW AND NOW JAVA TURTLE HAS COME BACK??? BE STILL MY FOOLISH HEART!! I AM IN SHOCK AND MIGHT NOT FULLY RECOVER!!
SOMEONE GET THE FRIGGING SMELLING SALTS OUT!!
I MIGHT JUST AS WELL DO PERSONALS NOW CAUSE I FORGOT WHAT I WAS GOING TO SAY!!!

NAE~ I AM STUNNED!! YOU CANNOT IMAGINE MY SHOCK!! BE IT A VERY PLEASANT ONE THOUGH. AND I MEAN THAT FROM THE HEART. I HOPE YOU AND TOBY WILL BE FEELING BETTER MORE EVERY DAY. GOD KNOW I THINK OF YOU BOTH VERY OFTEN.
STAY STRONG OUR ROSIE!

MISS JAVA~ I CANNOT BELIEVE MY EYES!! I AM IN SHOCK FOR REAL!!! WHEN I SAW THE CUP I COULDN'T FIGURE OUT WHO WOULD USE IT!!!! THAN IT HIT ME LIKE A WET SALMON SMACK IN THE FACE!! OUR TURTLE HAS RETURNED!! I AM SO HAPPY TO SEE YOU HERE. IS IT JUST A VISIT OR ARE YOU COMING TO PLAY IN THE WORLDLY SANDBOX ONCE AGAIN??? DO SAY IT'S THE SECOND!! HAVE YOU MET ROSEBLUSH?? AND ANNIE?? AND MICHELLE?? GREAT WORLDLIES. SENDING YOU MANY HUGS ALSO

HAPPY~ SORRY YOU MISSED THE GYM. I WILL TRY NOT TO KICK YOUR BUTT!! LET THAT BE OUR CHALLENG NEXT WEEK BETWEEN U=YOU AND I AND ANYONE ELSE THAT WANTS TO JOIN IN. I DIDN'T EXERCISE MUCH THIS WEEK POLITICS ARE GOING TO RIP THIS TOWN WIDE OPEN SOON. CAN'T WAIT TILL THIS IS ALL OVER!! HOPE THE SIGN DOESN'T CAUSE "FRICTION". :Lol3:

CEEJAY~ HAVE A GOOD TIME AT THE UNCLES!!

TO OUR PASSING THRU ANNIE!!
Old 10-18-2008, 08:57 AM   #129  
Happy September

PART TWO: I COULDN'T GET THIS PAGE TO LOAD BEFORE SO THE POST CONTINUES!

SHAD~ WONDERED WHY YOU DIDN'T E-MAIL AND NOW I KNOW! GOOD TO SEE YOU GOT HERE. I GET A SENSE OF GOOD THINGS WITH THIS JOB AND I HOPE I AM RIGHT. I REMEMBER THE TIME I HAD THIS FEELING AND YOU ENDED UP WITH THE TWIT FROM GROOTE AND CROCS!! SENDING YOUR WAY.

MICHELLE~ IF IT'S ANY CONSOLATION THERE ARE MANY PEOPLE IN YOUR SHOES. I THINK SOME OF THE DRS ARE STYMIED AS TO WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON WITH SO MANY SICK!! STAY STRONG MY FRIEND AND TAKE GOOD CARE OF YOURSELF.

CARLA...GOD ANOTHER SHOCKER!! HAVE YOU ALL BANDED TOGETHER AND DECIDED TO TEST THE STRENGTH OF MY HEART?? AND HAVE YOU MET OUR JAVA TURTLE?? MAYBE IT'S YOU THAT SHOULD BE VERY AFRAID BY ALL MEANS KEEP THAT FRIGGING SMILE ON YOUR FACE

ANNIE~Goooooood EVVEENNNing RIGHT BACK TOO YOU !! HOPE TONY FEELS BETTER. IF YOU GET SICK WE WILL ALL KNOW IF TONY WAS IN BED BY HIMSELF OR NOT

OK THAT IS ABOUT IT KIDS. I HAVE A CARTON I WANT TO FILL WITH SHREDDED DOCUMENTS SO I WILL GET A M OVE ON AND GET IT DONE. HAVE A GREAT DAY.
Old 10-18-2008, 12:06 PM   #130  

Mel, you crack me up..... yes, I am around.... trying to get some motivation to continue to drop a few pounds..... I took a walk around the loop down the hill from my house to have a truck pass me and pull up right in front of me and shoot a buck..... my mouth just dropped. If I would have been just 20 yards farther down the hill the little group would have been over the hill. Such is life.
Nice to see some of the gals popping in.... this is a great place to come and visit and say howdy....let's hear from some others...just a quick HEY>>>>
SHocking Mel is soooooooooooo much fun.... and it makes her smile!!!!!!!!
Shad good luck over there and hope the work doesn't drain you down to the core. 5 days hardly seems like enough recovery time with travel eating up some of your down time.
What is Ms. Ruthie up to these days?????
Happy I do hope you get to feeling better. I am sad when I hear comments that are unfavorable about the P.T. profession. My boss and I try hard to provide such personal service and make the experience be beneficial to all who come to the office for help. Hope you are recovering....
More later my company just arrived.
Nae
Old 10-18-2008, 06:59 PM   #131  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morena, tout le monde!

I doubt whether I will get in again for a while so have to make the most of when I can.

Carla there maybe no Amgrek Taman where I am, but there are some interesting scents which I must try to track down. Yesterday I swear I could smell jasmine, but the plant wasn't in the garden, all I could see were Oleaners and the ubiquitous mallee - today in a different part of the garden I could smell cinnamon, lovely scents, but I have to find out what is causing them. I might try to put them in my own garden.

Mel - the job seems fine but there is a lot to do and I am working with some nice blokes. Yes you would be happy here. They are all happy go lucky mining men in uniforms round here and there are few women in the place. They keep apologising for their language but I have to say mine is probably worse from time to time. Anyway, they all seem genuinely helpful and pleased that we are here to 'sort' them out. I do hope you recover from the shock of Java popping in and Nae being here regularly.

Nae - there are PT people and there are 'PT' people. We have a great one in our medical centre, she really is the salt of the earth, but I have met one or two who should perhaps have chosen different professions.

Let me tell you a bit about Dampier before I have to go and get cracking on the RACI Index again. Do not ask what is a RACI Index because if I told you, you might just end up with mind numbing boredom.

Dampier is originally a coastal fishing village. It's sort of set on rolling hillsides which slide down to the sea. There is a marina there - there is a boat for sale if you have a spare A$47,000. Burring Peninsula is just a wee route march away and that is where the iron ore is loaded onto ships to be sent to all parts of the world. It does a roaring trade.
Dampier has grown because of the 'Camp' set up for the mining people which is getting bigger and bigger by the day. There are some low lifes around as well as a lot of people lured here by the 'big money' and the tropical sea breezes.
The rolling hillsides are dotted with big red rocks. It looks a bit like Mother nature forgot to pick up the marbles. The colours in the rocks glow red, burgundy, purple at sunrise and dusk. Put this against the turquoise blue sea and you can see we are quite colourful.
You don't come here for the shopping. There is a pharmacy which is open about 4 hours a day and I haven't worked out which 4 yet, and a grocery store that I haven't needed so don't know what hours it keeps. I have to go into Karratha for any vital supplies should I need them.
There is a golf club, bowls club, sports club, pool, gym and a fairly busy social life if you want to partake. I intend to get to the gym as soon as this shift is sorted and I come back from R & R. Meantime, unless you walk at night the flies are an increasing problem. I really can't take them at all. They cause me great depression so I may have to bring some exercise dvd's back with me so I can get in some muscle tone again apart from the gym.

Anyway - I'll be back when I can. I may have to go back to the Postie Mel again, but I'll be back. Catch ya
Old 10-19-2008, 08:39 AM   #132  
Happy September

NAE....I THINK I AM OVER MY SHOCK NOW!! TOO BAD ABOUT THE BUCK. IT JUST SADDENS ME THOUGH. BUT I WONDER WHY I DON'T WORRY ABOUT THE COWS OR THE CHICKENS??? HOPE YOU HAD A GOOD TIME WITH THE COMPANY. AND HOPE TOO MOM AND THE BOYS ARE DOING WELL.

SHAD'S NEW SWIMMING HOLE

SHAD~ THE GRANDSON WATCHES POSTMAN PAT SO I MIGHT BE GOOD AT POSTMAN MEL! LOTS OF MEN AND FEW WOMEN...SOUNDS LIKE MY KINDA TOWN!!
I WON'T ASK WHAT RACI INDEX IS CAUSE EVEN IF YOU TOLD ME I'D STILL BE IN THE FOG! WE SHOULD SEND YOU FLY SWATTERS AND BUG REPELLANT! STAY SAFE FROM THE FLIES! WHEN WALKING PLEASE KEEP YOUR MOUTH CLOSED!!! HAVE A GREAT WEEK

I HAVE A HOUSE TO CLEAN AND MORE JUNK PAPERS TO SORT THRU. THE CARTON IS FILLED TO THE BRIM FROM YESTERDAY AND I NEED TO SCRUNCH IT DOWN TO FIT THE REST IN!!
HAPPY SUNDAY/MONDAY!!

Last edited by MELODY525; 10-22-2008 at 08:04 AM.
Old 10-19-2008, 11:24 AM   #133  
Choose your hard

Hi ladies,

I was on here for a bit yesterday then changed pages and was locked out for routine maintenance.

Mel, I am very sorry to hear that you hit a bump in life But glad to hear that you have been able to come back from the dark. I really don't know what much to say other than sending lots of love to you

Glad to hear you are feeling better Shad. The fly situation sound horrid although the surrounding area sounds lovely. Perhaps you can get some stretchy bands to exercise with. Either the tubes or the stretch material. There are many exercises online you can print and take with you for a routine. They are as good as weights and there are techniques you can use to increase the difficulty. Lightweight too for traveling.

Nae - I think this PT is just very young and needs a gentle reminder how to properly do her job. I have decided I will speak with her on Thursday. Thanks for your concern.

Annie - keep away from those germs and happy job hunting. I am keeping you on the prayers and good vibes list.

Carla - sorry your birthday was such a bummer I guess you'll just have to take a delayed birthday with some fun friends. You'll be in NY before you know it. Stay out of the deli places tho

Michelle - hope you're on the mend.

I gotta rush off. We picked up paint and trim yesterday. The paint store didn't have the stain colors we needed so it's back to the first store which had the stain we wanted but we passed up in favor of the second store maybe having better stuff. I have to get some artist paint brushes to paint the leaves and highlight on the trim. I think it will be rather pretty and unique, DH is sceptical.

He's almost ready to go and I am still in jammies so I'd better hustle up here.

Later chicks, enjoy your Sunday.
Old 10-19-2008, 04:19 PM   #134  
Happy September

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MRS MADCAT!!
HOPE YOUR SPECIAL DAY TOMORROW IS A GREAT ONE. ENJOY EVERY MINUTE OF IT!! HAVE A GREAT TIME!!
Old 10-19-2008, 05:46 PM   #135  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Hey ladies -

I'm so tired of laying around. I'm watching the Packer game now with DH. He's very sick too...bad bad ear infection. I'm breathing a little better today and I'll be going to work tomorrow. There's still junk in my lungs and I'm tired/winded easily, but I've missed so many work days...I need to get back there. I don't want them to get the idea they can survive without me.

I hope you all are doing well! I'll try and read more later/tomorrow to catch up with y'all.

Happy Birthday, Madcat!

Love and hugs to all my wonderful worldly friends,

Last edited by diyana; 10-19-2008 at 05:46 PM.
Closed Thread