Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2008, 04:19 PM   #166  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Went to the gym this morning and worked out for 40 minutes. I'm a little sore already as I've used muscles that haven't been used in a while.
Old 10-23-2008, 05:53 PM   #167  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

MICHELLE...YOUR JOB IS TO GET WELL AND REST UP!! NO BEING SICK FOR THE HOLIDAYS!!!!! REST, REST AND MORE REST!!

SHAD....HOW MANY PEOPLE HAVE YOU HURT THIS WEEK ??? DO YOU NEED LINDA'S TASER???

CEEJAY...GLAD SOME STRESS IS GONE WITH THE WELL BACK ON AND GOOD GOING ON THE EXERCISE

NAE...I AM GLAD THE SEASON IS COMING TO AN END ALSO. FRIENDS OF MINE ARE GOING TO MAINE. NOT SURE WHEN THEIR SEASON BEGINS. SIGH. SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THE FRIENDS DOG. WAVE TO THE DOES FOR ME!!! I WOULD LOVE TO EAT BREAKFAST AND SEE THEM WANDERING ABOUT!!!

HAPPY~~ OMG!!! I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!! 2 GREAT TREATS FOR THE HOLIDAYS!! GOTTA LOVE THAT MAN

HAD A GREAT DAY AT TRADER JOES! I LOVE THAT STORE...HAVE I ALREADY TOLD YOU ALL THAT? IT SEEMS EVERYTIME I GO I FIND A NEW FAVORITE FOOD!! TODAY A MAN WAS TELLING ME HIS FAVORITE FOODS AND TOOK ME AROUND THE STORE TO SHOW ME THEM. I HAVE NO IDEA WHY!! DID I LOOK LOST AND UNDECIDED?? ALSO THE MAN WHO MOVED IN OVER ME IS ALWAYS STOPPING ME AND WANTS TO TALK. BUT I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO TALK ABOUT!!! TOO FUNNY!! HE JUST DID IT AGAIN THIS MORNING AND I GOT SO TONGUE TIED I HAD TO TURN AWAY AND MAKE AN EXCUSE I COULD HEAR SOMEONE CALLING ME IN THE OFFICE!!
IT WAS A HECTIC DAY BUT I DID SHOOT SOME WELL MEANT ARROWS TO GET SOME POINTS MADE. IT WILL TAKE TIME TO SEE IF THEY HIT THE RIGHT TARGETS. I AM SAVING SOME ARROWS FOR AFTER AND DURING THE ELECTION. THAT'S A TIME WHEN THEY ALL RELY ON ME AND THEY SEEM TO ACTUALLY "HEAR" ME WHEN I SPEAK. IT'S A "ONE HAND WASHES THE OTHER" TIME IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN. POLITICS. HOW DID I EVER GET INVOLVED IN THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TWO TENANTS HAVE PASSED AWAY THIS MONTH AND SOME WILL NOT RETURN FROM THE HOMES. WHEN THE APARTMENTS ARE EMPTY THE BUILDING MOURNS. SO TODAY I PRINTED A POSTER AND I AM PUTTING IT UP A FOR THE TENANTS TO SIGN UP FOR A CHRISTMAS ARTS & CRAFTS PROJECT. YOU TIE BAGGIES ON A HANGAR AND SHAPE IT INTO A WREATH AND ADD A BOW. IT WILL TAKE THEIR MINDS OFF OUR RECENT LOSSES. THEY'LL ALL BE SAYING "WTF IS WRONG WITH MEL PUTTING A CHRISTMAS SIGN UP SHEET SO EARLY ON THE BB BOARD!!"
I AM OFF TO EAT SOME LEMON GRILLED CHICKEN, ROMAINE LETTUCE AND ROMANO TOMATOES WITH A BALSAMIC VINAIGRETTE. YUM!!
HAVE A GREAT NIGHT LADIES AND SEE YOU MANANA.

Last edited by MELODY525; 10-23-2008 at 05:56 PM.
Old 10-23-2008, 06:51 PM   #168  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings, but I've had a PM from Ruth to tell us that her Harry passed away after supper last night. It seems he had a massive stroke. I know you will all send your sympathies and condolences to her, I think she just wants to sit quiet for a while. She's had a lot to contend with this past year.
Ruthie, if you are reading this, then we love you and send to you and Disney.

Rose - so sad they they have to kill the deer. I guess the place would be over run if something didn't give but it just doesn't seem fair somehow. I'd rather keep the bucks and shoot the blokes most days.
Keep up the good work, and yes that home made bread is the BEST. Just don't eat too much now.

Happy - 2 shows. You spoilt little brat you. I sincerely hope you go do the exercise in the days before the shows so you can keep up with the younger generation.
Talking of brats, I'd better go check that Alice Springs website for your DH

Michelle - I sure hope the medication starts kicking in soon. I understand the tired of being tired. It sucks.

Ceejay - we're here, just a bit busy right now. You and me both in the gym for 40 minutes this morning. I don't think I will be feeling so good tomorrow, but it needs to be done right?

Mel, sounds like you could be addicted to trader joes! But if it does you good and makes you feel good why not. Just don't over do it. And take care out there during those elections. They seem to be getting a bit rougher.

As I said, I did go to the gym this morning and in answer to Mel's question about who goes to the gym at 3.00am - no one does. I was first in at 4.20am and there wasn't any one there when I left either. I did some cardio work as in bike, eliptical, treadmill. I have a feeling I will ache in places I didn't know I had places to ache in, but then again whose fault is that???

So another busy day at the funny farm today. Got some progress made yesterday but there is plenty left to do. Today I have to put some bits together to help out those who don't like or want to use the computer. Computers for the terrified - here we come.

See ya

Last edited by Shad; 10-23-2008 at 06:53 PM.
Old 10-23-2008, 07:00 PM   #169  
Happy September

RUTH YES WE ARE ALL SENDING OUR LOVE AND SYMPATHIES FOR YOUR LOSS. I AM SO SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT HARRY. IF THERE IS ANYTHING WE CAN DO JUST HOLLER.

SHAD...IF YOU CAN TEACH FROM THE LAND OF OZ VIA TELEPHONE TO THE TERRIFIED ION NEW JERSEY..THEN TEACHING THEM IN PERSON SHOULD BE A SNAP!! ONE DAY WHILE TOSSING STUFF OUT I FOUND MY NOTES FROM OUR PHONE CALLS ON HOW TO CHANGE FONT SIZE, CLEAN THE PC AND IF FORGET WHAT ELSE. AND LOOK...NOW I CAN EVEN RELOAD AND RESTART A COMPUTER WHEN IT CRASHES!!....WELL WITH SOME HELP FROM MY FRIENDS HUBBY.
Old 10-23-2008, 07:53 PM   #170  

Dear Ruth, So sorry about the loss of your dear friend. SO very difficult to be without people who mean so much in our lives. So difficult to watch them age and change. Please find comfort in the memory of what a great you were able to know. My prayers and heartfelt sympathy to you and friends.
Peace,
Renae
Old 10-23-2008, 08:29 PM   #171  
Smackin' into a Wall

Ruth, my sincerest condolences on Harry's passing. I’m so sorry to hear that he is gone. I know that this has been a long, long journey. Hugs, my friend.
Old 10-23-2008, 08:52 PM   #172  
Smackin' into a Wall

I made it to the gym this morning for the first time in a week. First I was away inDC and then I was preparing for a big presentation to the business sponsors and put in Shad-like hours on Tuesday and Wednesday. Funny, but I really notice the differences in my stress levels when I don’t start my day with a workout. Funny that, eh?

Mel ~ One usually gets to talk to some guy in India when you get phone support! You get Kiwi express help instead. What great new food did you find today at Trader Joe’s?

Shad ~ how cool that you had an entire gym to yourself. All that space and all those machines. Sounds like gym heaven to me. Good luck leading the terrified. Remember to grasp them from behind so they don’t pull you down too. It’s 42 degrees there? Geez, it was 4 hear this morning. Trade you… ok maybe not. Is it a dry heat?

Michelle ~ keep taking those drugs, my friend. Get better!

Happy~ Your DH is a sweetheart. The Eagles are really cool and are probably one of those bands everyone should see at one point in their lives. I didn’t realize you had a thing for them.

Ceejay~ good for you getting that workout in. What’s a few sore muscles?

Nae~ Just keep working at it and you will get the results. Living healthier is a good thing even if it is just a NSV. I’m pretty sure swearing does burn extra calories.

I’m having lunch with a good friend I haven’t seen in ages who is passing through town tomorrow. I haven’t seen her in ages and she is really great, so I’m looking forward to it. Gym tomorrow morning.
Old 10-23-2008, 11:50 PM   #173  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Ruth my thoughts and prayers are with you. This has been a most difficult year for you. Reaching across the miles with heartfelt hugs...

If tears could build a stairway,
And memories were a lane,
I would walk right up to Heaven
To bring you home again.

No farewell's were spoken,
No time for goodbye,
You were gone before I knew it,
And only God knows why.

My heart still aches in sadness,
And secret tears will flow,
What is meant to me to lose you,
No one will ever know.

-- Author Unknown

Last edited by happy2bme; 10-23-2008 at 11:51 PM.
Old 10-24-2008, 02:14 AM   #174  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Here is a puzzle for you.

Tell me what it is and I will tell you all I know about it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg what is it 1-email.jpg (4.7 KB, 8 views)
Old 10-24-2008, 07:43 AM   #175  

Ruth, we're sending many healing hugs your way,
to comfort you and to let you know
that you're on our minds and in our hearts.
Old 10-24-2008, 08:15 AM   #176  

Just checking in quickly from chilly Montreal. Maybe we tempted fate by Opting for Optimism in October - it seems the month has been one big 'Ouch!' Will the new month be time to 'Nix the Nasties in November'?

Madcat, my apologies for sending a rather belated birthday hug! Sorry that the trip to DC was challenging for your sister - I know her road has been a hard one for some time now.

Shad, if there's no humidity in Dampier, shouldn't they change the name to 'Dryier'??? (I know, I know - I'm the only one who thinks I'm funny. What did you expect from Ms Princess and the Pea reeling from hotel-induced insomnia???)

Mel, I'm not sure which is more fun, counting down the days until lift-off to NYC and Jollity in Jersey or checking the daily drops in the value of the Canadian dollar. Will it go up again before the big trip, or should I buy some US bucks at today's outrageous $1.28?

Annie, any news on the job search front? that something comes through very soon. :

Happy, it sounds like you're hurting all over these days. Except, of course, for all the wonderful attention from that wonderful DH of yours! Two concerts - you go girl!

Michelle, get well soon. Try to get the rest you need!!!

Ceejay,

Yikes! I've got to move here - 20 minutes to finish getting washed and brushed for work. Bye all!
Old 10-24-2008, 08:18 AM   #177  
Happy September

THINKING OF YOU MISS RUTH

MADCAT~ HAVE A GREAT TIME WITH THE FRIEND. ENJOY! I WILL COME BACK AND TELL ABOUT TJ'S FOODS. YUM!! ON MY WAY TO WORK RIGHT NOW!

SHAD....WILL PLAY THE GAME IN A LITTLE WHILE ALSO.
I CAN'T SEE THE PIC VERY WELL BUT IT LOOKS LIKE THE RED ROCK STUFF THEY MINE THERE? BBL.

GOOD MORNING CHICKIES OF THE WORLD. LET US ALL JOIN IN A CIRCLE OF FRIENDSHIP AND GIVE RUTH SUPPORT AND HARRY A WONDERFUL SEND OFF. HE WILL SOAR WITH THE ANGELS. SOMETIMES I WISH WE ALL LIVED CLOSER.
I AM OFF TO HELP JOHN WIND UP THE ALARM UPDATING. SEEMS HE HAS BEEN ABANDONED BY HELP TODAY. WHO IS RIUNNING THIS PLACE ANYWAY????? EVERYONE WANTS VACATION DAYS NOW JUST TO GET OUT OF HERE MY EXTRA CHECK FOR DECEMBER IS SECURED NOW!!!

HAVE A GREAT FRIDAY/SATURDAY AND A WONDERFUL WEEKEND
Old 10-24-2008, 08:21 AM   #178  
Happy September

'Nix the Nasties in November'?
'Dryier'???
.....TOO FUNNY MISS CARLA!!
GET YOUR ARSE READY FOR WORK YOU LAZY SOD!! I NEED TO MAKE SURE MY MONTHLY CHECK IS BEING PAID BY SOMEONE RELIABLE....OH THAT'S RIGHT YOU LIVE IN THE LAND OF POPSICLES AND POLAR BEARS. I BETTER HURRY UP AND WAKE HAPPY THEN!!!
Old 10-24-2008, 08:43 AM   #179  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Darlings. I feel hugged and loved by all the messages.

I really am just fine! As you know, I've been waiting for that awful phone call for four years. Harry was just becoming less and less of himself. I've got all the arrangements in control for a service next Thursday morning and have even decided to be my usual oddball self and serve pizza and wine after the service. It was Harry's favourite lunch!

Until then, I'm just carrying on with the usual routine except I'm definitely not feeling chatty.

Once again, thanks so much for the Wonderful Worldlies support. Maybe I'll get to meet some more of you in 2008 now that my life will be a bit less complicated.
Old 10-24-2008, 09:26 AM   #180  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning ladies,

Shad - I'm guessing dunnage bags. Can't see the picture close enough to really tell what it might be.

Ruth, I'm glad you can cherish the good memories of Harry. I think it's most appropriate to give him his favorite lunch.

Carla - enjoy Montreal. I heard it's pretty, I heard it's French. Are you sure you want to come here? Such a mess right now...

Madcat, I understand completely about starting off the day with a workout. I think it's part adrenaline rush, part just knowing you did something good for yourself. Enjoy your lunch. We all need girlfriend time.

Ceejay - give yourself a pat on the back for getting to the gym!

Mel - glad you can count on some extra cash for December. Stick it in the mattress when you get it and hang on to it.

Good morning to you Nae

Michelle - I'm sorry you are STILL sick. By now that has to be frustrating - it really kicked your keester. I hope round 2 takes care of you. And you won't be able to get a flu shot in your condition.

I don't know what to call November. I saw the headlines today and the market is about to take another nosedive. I am so afraid that we will lose not just some but most everything we have worked so very hard for. I am going to enjoy my last splurges of excess on the concerts as I am afraid it's going to be sackcloth and ashes for the next few years. And last night I busted my temporary tooth crown into 3 pieces. I retrieved 2 of them, think I ate one piece. My exposed stub is horribly sensitive - no yawning (air) or cold of any kind. I can only brush my teeth with warm water and take small sips. I was supposed to get the new crown Monday so I'm waiting until the dentist office opens as I MUST get in there today.

We all have our bummer days, today is mine. So without further adeiu or is it ado? Bubb bye for now
Closed Thread