Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2008, 08:23 AM   #211  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning ladies,

It's a dark and cold morning. I don't want to pry my hands off my warm coffee cup unto the cold keyboard The chair I'm sitting in has wrought iron scrollwork on the sides and I'm trying not to touch it! My nose is running like a faucet too. Darn sinuses! Not my favorite time of year. And it's getting dark earlier and earlie - I am not a fan of night driving or that late afternoon setting sun which catches the schmutz on your car windows and almost makes them opaque and difficult to see through. Got my flu shot yesterday and boy - the prick isn't bad but as the medicine goes in your arm it's like the Incredible Hulk punching you in the arm - several times

Catching up...

Shad, I would have to say you are one of the few good trainers on this EARTH. We were just talking in a meeting yesterday about how the legacy systems continue to get lots of calls after a go live because people got minimal training and aren't sure what to do when left on their own. Not the fault of the trainers - training and BW reporting are given the least amount of time and effort in the whole project. So you keep on pushing for doing the right things! I'm glad you found a gym to frequent although it seems like you don't have much time other than to work, sleep and get an occasional nibble in.

Annie - I'm so sorry to hear that your DD has lost her job too. The people I know in the banking industry - all the support staff, no upper echelon big wigs of course - are all very, very nervous about the state of things. I continue to say a few prayers and send good thoughts your way each morning as I drive to work. Keep up the good attitude, I know sometimes it can be difficult - we are all pulling for you!

Michelle - you go an enjoy that time off with DH. Bundle up warmly for those early morning fishing expeditions. Glad to hear the DMIL is coming back for a visit - I know how much you both enjoy her company.

Ceejay - I'm not sure the physical therapy is helping much but I do think the ultrasound treatments are doing more. Good for you for starting a journal. It not only allows you to let go of your feelings, but it also serves as a record that you can go back to and see any patterns of behaviors, events or feelings and their consequences.

Mel - bundle up and stay warm. I see the Canadian winter blast has really hit your area with a big punch. Brrrr. I'm pulling for you too with the chairs - as others have said, don't get yourself all stressed over it - hard not to I can understand. If I had to fight for the use of my legs every few months, I'd be using my mouth to give 'em a good what for too! Time is racing away on your ticker there. It's a countdown I am not ready to see head into the 30's if you know what I mean. You watch out for Mellie, ok?

Good morning Java, Ruth, Nae

Carla, my house is already brown but there will be no painting the cream colored spots orange! I'm not THAT much into Halloween. Our last kitty was a calico. Won't be long before you're headed to NY. I agree with you on being able to open a window in the hotel rooms. Nothing like fresh air to help you sleep better. And I sometimes wonder about mold buildup or dust in the room air conditioners.

Well I'd love to stay longer but I must be on the run. Big meeting today I need to prepare for. Take 'er easy ladies.

How about "November to Remember" for our next title? I hope it will be a GOOD remember. We all need a break for a change...
Old 10-29-2008, 08:24 AM   #212  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

CEEJAY~ GOOD IDEA WITH THE JOURNAL. WHEN I WAS KEEPING ONE FOR MY FACE I SOON FOUND OUT WHAT THE PROBLEMS WERE. GOOD LUCK!

MICHELLE~ GETTING READY FOR THE DMIL'S VISIT? IS IT THAT TIME OF THE YEAR AGAIN??? ENJOY THE VACATION AND SNOOZE WHILE YOU ARE FISHING. DON'T GET TOO COLD OUT THERE!!! CAN'T YOU GUYS FISH IN A GOLDFISH POND INDOORS???

SHAD~ GLAD TO HEAR YOU ARE SORTING OUT THE LADS WITH THE RIGHT INFORMATION. IT CONFUSED ME JUST TO READ ABOUT IT!! DON'T YOU HAVE SOME TIME COMING UP SOON JUST FOR YOURSELF?

TO ALL THE BUSY CHICKS AND HAPPY WHO IS BREATHING DOWN MY NECK!

I AM OFF TO THE OFFICE AGAIN TO FAX SOME STUFF OUT AND PHOTOCOPY AND SEND OUT THE HARD COPY FOLLOWUPS. THE GOVT IS GOING TO BE THE DEATH OF ME. YESTERDAY THERE WAS A NEW TOTAL OF 2 DENIALS AND 2 CONFIRMATIONS ON THE CHAIR ALL OVER AGAIN. THIS MAN HAS LIOST TRACK OF WHICH CHAIR IS WHICH AND HIS SECRETARY HAS STUCK HER FRIGGING NOSE INTO IT. I THINK SHE SMELLS A RAT AND TRIED TO FIND IT BUT WITH ALL MY RECORDS IN STORAGE SHE HAS NO BAIT FOR THE RAT TRAP. AS OF 8PM LAST NIGHT, THE CHAIR IS GETTING FIXED. THE SAGA CONTINUES AND I CANNOT TAKE MUCH MORE OF THE ROLLERCOASTER RIDE. I AM ABOUT SHOT AND I HAVE A VERY BUSY WEEKEND LEADING UP TO TUESDAY'S ELECTION. I MIGHT BE A BIT SCARCE JUST SO YOU KNOW. IT'S BEEN VERY HARD TO HANDLE ALL THIS AND KEEP ANY AMOUNT OF PHYSICAL STRENGTH......TO BE HONEST IT'S BEEN NEXT TO IMPOSSIBLE.
HAPPY WEDNESDAY/THURSDAY
Old 10-29-2008, 08:51 AM   #213  

Good Morning all, Nice to see Java back with a hello. Hey to all the other worldies lurking in the cyber space....come say hi as the holidays approach it is nice to hear from everyone. We must remember to turn our clocks back this weekend. The darkness effects us all in different ways. I have been making bread for some reason and giving most of it away.......
Hope all is well with everyone. I had about 20 deer all bedded down in the fields by my house the other day. It was so cool.
Blessings & Peace,
Nae
Old 10-29-2008, 05:48 PM   #214  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Nae
I'm envious of your surroundings and to get to see that many deer at one time bedded down. The most I get to see are 3 and that's fasicnating to me.

Mel
get some rest.

I have had a semi bad day today. It started with a phone call from one of my co-workers. Her cell phone was cutting in and out and I never did understand what she said but I'm assuming she was calling in sick as she had a sore throat. I told her that if she was sick to call Tim and hung up the phone. She calls the boss and tells him that I was rude to her on the phone and hung up on her. I'm not sure what's going on with this person. He then in return calls me to ask what was goinig on. I told him that it was hard to hear her because the phone was cutting in and out. He agreed because he had to really listen because of that. He did tell me to take the message and to call him. I told him that getting someone to work was his job not mine. This may have sounded rude but so be it. I'm tired of people walking all over me.
Old 10-29-2008, 05:53 PM   #215  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all -
I'm going to try to get this in before they come along and annoy the living cr*p out of me as they did yesterday. So here's to typing fast.

Happy - we are getting the rising sun on the way to work. The half light and lack of new paintwork on the road makes seeing very difficult. Just gotta keep to the left of the oncoming lights!!! And hope that the man behind can stop his truck in time.
Much as trainers try, the project is starting to wind down by the time we start the training. Timing is getting shorter and shorter. I wonder how people are supposed to remember vast amounts of information - get time to go and practice and do their work at the same time. It's a no win situation. We charge the least and get the worst conditions. Sometimes I wonder why I do it but there you go, it's what I do. Now a days as well they sometimes don't even get the manual to take away with them. They are expected to find the on-line training material and learn by that. Some days it's all I can do not to rant and rage. However, thems the breaks. One day sense will prevail.

Mel - I am supposed to be here for 2 weeks and then fly home for a week. So far the theory is not working in practice. I may just have to take a day off over the weekend because I am getting to the worn out stage. It would be nice to take a book to the beach and just sit there for a while.

Nae - nice to see you. The deer sound like they would make a nice picture. Maybe they figure they won't get shot if they stay near you!

Oh yes, funny stories around camp. We have a family of cockatoos that screech and argue at dawn. However some of them have found something different to sound off about. They are imitating the noise the trucks make when they are reversing. Can you imagine what it is like having 7 or 8 cockatoos roosting in the tree outside your window making reversing noises. Very annoying I can tell you.
Also, when my alarm goes off the man in the room next door gets up and goes for a shower!!! He sings in the shower. Not well either. However I have got my own back this week. Three times this week, the alarm has gone off an hour earlier so I can go to the gym. I have the impression the man next door is not impressed at the moment!

Gotta go. Things to do. People to hack off.
Old 10-29-2008, 07:06 PM   #216  
Happy September

"Mel - bundle up and stay warm. I see the Canadian winter blast has really hit your area with a big punch. Brrrr. I'm pulling for you too with the chairs - as others have said, don't get yourself all stressed over it - hard not to I can understand. If I had to fight for the use of my legs every few months, I'd be using my mouth to give 'em a good what for too! Time is racing away on your ticker there. It's a countdown I am not ready to see head into the 30's if you know what I mean. You watch out for Mellie, ok? "
HAPPY...SOMEHOW I MISSED YOUR ENTIRE POST ON THE PAGE THIS MORNING?!?! WTF!! THANKS AND THINGS ARE A WEE BIT BETTER TODAY. HOPE YOU ARE WARMED UP AND WATCH OUT FOR THE SNOWS UP IN WV!!! YOU AND I ARE SOUD SISTERS WITH THE SINUS AND DRIVING IN THE DARK!! I HATED THAT TOO. BE CAREFUL. THE SHOT DOES FEEL LIKE THAT...GOOD DESCRIPTION!!

NAE....DEER AND FRESH BAKED BREAD...DOES IT GET ANY BETTER THAN THAT? SOUNDS ABSOLUTELY DELIGHTFUL

CEEJAY....I HEAR YA TALKING SISTER. NO MORE DOORMATS FOR 2009!! BUT I LEFT MY SENSE OF HUMOR IN MY APARTMENT TODAY WHEN I WENT DOWN AND EVERYONE WANTED TO KNOW "WTF IS WRONG WITH HER" A FRIEND OF MINE TOLD ME LATER. LOLOLOL

SHAD~ SO ARE YOU TRYING TO TELL US THE MAN NEXT DOOR WON'T EXACTLY BE ENAMORED OF YOU AND YOUR GYM SCHEDULE? THE COCKATOO STORY HAD ME CRACKING UP! I CAN JUST HEAR THEM ALL BEEPING THEIR FOOKING HEADS OFF OUT THERE IN THE TREES!! THE GS HEARS A WHISTLE LIKE FOOTBALL OR OLD COP MOVIES AND STARTS SCREAMING HIS HEAD OFF. NOT SURE WHY HE DOES THAT AND I AM TRYING TO BREAK HIM OF THE HABIT. HOPE YOU GET THE DAY OFF WITH THE BOOK AND THE BEACH DON'T FORGET TO WEAR YOUR SUNSCREEN!!!

I HAVE HAD ABOUT AS MUCH OF THIS WEEK AS I CAN STAND. THE LAST CALL TODAY WAS A "GO" AND I TOLD THE VENDOR HE BETTER PUT A RUSH JOB ON THIS FRIGGING CHAIR BEFORE WE GET YET AGAIN ANOTHER DENIAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ALL MY PAPERWORK AND JEN'S IS FINISHED AND WE SHOULD BE GOOD TO GO FOR SOME THINGS FOR A YEAR. I LOVE GETTING IT ALL STAMPED AND SENT OUT. MY FRIEND CALLED IN HER BOSS AND HE HAS SAID THE MEN ARE NO LONGER TO LEAVE JOBS FOR ME TO TAKE CARE OF JUST BECAUSE I LIVE HERE AND AM AVAILABLE....AND THAT THEY BETTER START PAYING ATTENTION. LATER THIS WEEK OR NEXT IS A FULL MEETING WITH ONLY THE MEN GETTING NEW AH'S RIPPED OUT. HE EVEN POINTED OUT THAT I AM NOT TO BE ASKED TO FINISH THE UPDATING THAT WILL CONTINUE IN NOVEMBER WITH THE 2ND PHASE.
MY FRIEND JUST CALLED AND GAVE ME THE GOOD NEWS.
SO SOMEONE IS ACTUALLY LISTENING!!
OK I AM OFF TO TV AND JAMMIES. TOOK MY SHOWER AND ATE. TOMORROW BEGINS THE SOLICITING FOR THE ELECTION. PROBABLY SEE YOU FRIDAY AFTER FOOD SHOPPING AND JEN'S VISIT.
STAY WELL AND HAVE A GREAT WEEK!!

Last edited by MELODY525; 10-29-2008 at 07:08 PM.
Old 10-29-2008, 11:16 PM   #217  
Choose your hard

Not sure I understand your comment about it snowing in WV... It can snow all it wants in WV, as I am far, far away from there Oh wait, are you confusing me with Almost Heaven Turtle? I'm the Jack Daniels Tennessee sippin' whiskey gal I will just chalk up the confusion to the hustle bustle ahead of you the next few days. Don't wear yourself out.

Shad - you have a tough job. Hope you get that day of R&R because eventually the brain gives up even if the spirit is willing.

Ceejay - not sure why the girl didn't call into the boss if she was sick. Sometimes people just don't pay attention or don't want to talk to the boss.

I won't be posting in the morning. Very early appointment with the orthopedic doctor. I think the hip is getting better. No shot for me. He will probably release me with maybe a few more physical therapy sessions. The therapist looked surprised when I told her this was my last session with her on Monday. I'm sure she felt we were just getting started, particularly after last week's set back.

Anyway I will try and get back later tomorrow night. Rest where you can get it chicks.
Old 10-30-2008, 08:27 AM   #218  
Happy September

HAPPY~ GOOD NEWS WITH THE HIP!! I AM GLAD IT'S GETTING BETTER AND NO SHOT. NOW YOU CAN TEACH US HOW TO FIX THE PROBLEM WITHOUT ANY KIND OF DRUGS. WHEN I LOOKED AT THE MAP ON THE EATHER CHANNEL IT LOOKED LIKE THE BAD WEATHER IN WV WAS HEADING YOUR WAY..RATHER THAN TOWARDS ME LIKE IT USUALLY DOES. BUT YOU ARE RIGHT...I WASN'T REALIZING THE DISTANCE. GUESS IT WOULD PETER OUT BEFORE IT GOT TO YOU!! I AM AFRAID TO LOOK AT MY TICKER!!!!

I CANCELED THE FOOD SHOP. JUST TOO MANY THINGS SCHEDULED FOR TODAY..TIMEWISE. JEN IS COMING TOMORROW AND SHE CAN GO TO THE STORE IF I CAN'T. FINISHED BREAKFAST AND I AM READY TO ROLL.
HAPPY THURSDAY
Old 10-30-2008, 10:57 AM   #219  
~Insane Java Turtle~

Talking Helloooooo week end

Just dropped by to tell all you lovely ladies to have a wonderful week end. Happy Halloween. May the Great Pumpkin rise in your pumpkin patch and remove all the calories from your Halloween candy.

Mary AKA Java Turtle.

Old 10-30-2008, 07:40 PM   #220  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

last day of October here, tomorrow a new thread, new ideas, it's got to be better than September or October - right?

Not much new here - never is in Dampier. A beautiful morning here tho' - no wind, the lights of ships and houses and boats were reflecting in the water. Bit of a heavy dew fell so the wind must have died down during the night. It won't last unfortunately.

Mel - I doubt that you'll ever stop the GS doing the whistle/ screech bit. It is built into them. They are the noisiest birds ever.
Why are the men getting AH's ripped out and what are AH's anyway. Does this moving away from Mel's maintenance mean that you wont get your cheque from them anymore??

Happy - I am taking the day off on Sunday. I won't be here. I want the day off. So it is not strict R & R - so what - so how many of them have been here for 18 days straight 10 hours a day?
Good news about the hip. Glad to hear it. Sems early to give up the PT tho' still I suppose it costs so the insurance have said

Java - if the great pumpkin rises from my pumpkin patch, I will have to make pumpkin soup. Yummy

That's it - back to the rigours of rough cut scheduling and material availability. Life is such fun.
Old 10-30-2008, 09:35 PM   #221  

I've worked outside most of the day and the sunshine felt so good.

Happy
Hope things go well with the doctor's visit.

Mel
Good for you in turning things around.

Shad
You diffinately deserve a day's rest.

Reenie
Where are you?

Last edited by ceejay52; 10-30-2008 at 09:48 PM.
Old 10-31-2008, 09:00 AM   #222  
Choose your hard

Good morning ladies,

Quick hello from me as I am running late.

Back tonight. Be good.
Old 10-31-2008, 11:05 AM   #223  

Tonight is trick or treat night. I will not be home as I'm going to a birthday party for my aunt and uncles grand daughter. She's turned 5 yesterday.

Happy Holloween to all.
Old 10-31-2008, 01:05 PM   #224  
Happy September

HAPPY HALLOWEEN
HOPE EVERYONE GETS MORE TREATS THAN TRICKS.
HAVE A GREAT FALL DAY AND WEEKEND!!

I AM ON THE RUN A BIT. FOOD SHOPPED, OFFICE AND PUT EVERYTHING AWAY. NOW SHOWER AND CLEAN UP. ONE CALL BACK FOR THE ELECTIONS AND THEN JEN IS COMING. WE NEED TO SQUARE SOME MORE PAPERWORK OUT AND WE'RE DONE FOR THIS YEAR I HOPE. SHE AND RICHIE NEEDED HELP TO CLOSE THE TRAILER THE REST OF THE WAY AND TODAY WAS THE DAY THE GUY IS FREE. SO WE POSTPONED OUR VISIT TILL MUCH LATER. I'LL COME BACK LATER OR TOMORROW WITH PERSONALS. NEED TO GET SOME MORE STUFF DONE SO I CAN RELAX FOR ONCE THIS WEEK WITH MY BRITISH SITCOMS AND MY JAMMIES.
HOPE YOU ARE ALL HAVING A GREAT DAY. I AM OFF TO THE SHOWER AND THE LAND OF GINGER SCENTED SOAPY GOODIES!

Last edited by MELODY525; 10-31-2008 at 01:07 PM.
Old 10-31-2008, 01:11 PM   #225  
~Insane Java Turtle~

Default ~**~

Again, Happy Halloweenie from Mary Padovini

Closed Thread