Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2008, 08:23 PM   #196  

Ruth, it sounds like you're keeping extremely busy, not a bad thing at a time like this. I'm not at all surprised at all the support you're getting - all the kindness you've shown others is flowing back to you. And if you need some help with all that banana bread...

Annie, I really admire your positive attitude. Good luck on the interviews. It won't be long before it pays off with a new job you enjoy. Bad luck that your daughter's been let go too! Yikes, it never rains but it pours! I did get a big smile from your post - for just a second I thought it was your boyfriend colouring your hair, then realized you meant best friend. Meanwhile the new boyfriend is keeping you and DD from starving.

Shad, how's the sore hip? Have you made it back into the gym yet? I haven't done anything athletic in so long I'm not sure I wouldn't just keel over as I opened the gym door. I'm still in Mtl for a few days, but it's not the Hilton I'm terrorising this time. I always wonder why ritzy hotels don't think to install at least a little openable section in the window. I sleep so much better with fresh air.

Happy, you sly dog you! Managing to pass the speechifying back to the one who was supposed to do it on the first place. As for the Halloween decorations, have you considered painting the front of the house orange and brown? Maybe dying the cats in Halloween colours, or trading them in for calicos?

Mel, sweetie, be strong tomorrow and get that chair back - no charge. And let us know what the outcome is. With a huge gang of worldlies all rooting for you, how can it go wrong? And by the way, I saw you stocking up on frappucinos in case you needed to drown your sorrows... Big sister is watching you.

How about "Worldly Chicks Nurture oNe aNother in November"? (I can just keep churning out more suggestions, each one lamer than the last. Anything to entertain the troops.)
Old 10-26-2008, 09:35 PM   #197  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

There is a lot going on this week end.

Mel
I would love to have house keeping for 2 to 3 hours per day but I don't blame you for wanting to do things for yourself. Sending you good vibes and :hugs:

Annie
Hope things work out for you and your daughter.

Shad and Happy
I do give my sisters both more than enough money to buy their Christmas dinners because of the size of their families. It's also easier for me to let my sister's spend the money this way. This is what I'm going to do this year with my uncle's family. My uncle's son's are struggling right now and I don't want to put a hardship on either of them. I simply don't have the money to buy a gift for every one. This way I can. Plus I'm going to be helping buy a food basket for one of our church friend's who is having a hard time right now. It's 25 people to 1 (me) in my family. A traditional Christmas with presents is not my way of thinking when it comes to Christmas. Enough said.
On a positive note, I did buy myself a new winter jacket today.

I'm going to keep thinking positive about the economy. Today for example I paid 2.18 per gallon of gas. This morning we passed this gas station and gas was 2.26 per gallon. I was at the pump today and had a little problem with it but they were changing the price as I stood there. My aunt just called to see if I had gotten that price.
Old 10-26-2008, 09:38 PM   #198  

Carla
i like that.

Shad
I missed the comment about your hip. Take care of yourself.
Old 10-27-2008, 08:17 AM   #199  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

HAPPY....HOPE THE SPEECH WASN'T MADE FROM A SOAPBOX WHAT A NICE IDEA FOR THE KIDDIES TOO. HOW IS THE HIP DOING?
AND THE TOOTH?

MICHELLE~ YOUR PLAN FOR RESTING AND GETTING BETTTER SOUND GOPOD. ARE THE FISH BITING STILL? HOPE THEY JUMP ON YOUR LINE! FEEL BETTER

SHAD~ SALT??? WHO'D A THUNK IT. AND PINK AT THAT.
WISHING YOU WELL IN THE SALT FLATS AND TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF! KEEP THOSE JOB RELATED HAPPY THOUGHTS GOING!!

RUTH~ I CAN UNDERSTAND HOW YOU MUST FEEL. BEEN A LONG ROAD DARLIN' AND NOW IT'S TIME TO TAKE CARE OF RUTHIE AND DISNEY. PIZZA AND WINE? WHATEVER WORKS FOR YOU!!

ANNIE~ SENDING ALL GOOD EMPLOYMENT THOUGHTS TO BOTH YOU AND DD. WHEN NIT RAINS IT POURS. I DON'T MIND A LITTLE RAIN BUT AM TIRED OF THE FRIGGING THUNDERSTORMS!! GLAD TONY IS THE MAN AND THAT YOU GET FED!! WHEN PEOPLE WANT TO KNOW WHAT YOU WANT FOR XMAS...TELL THEM CASH OR SUPERMARKET GIFT CARDS!!! YOU GOOGLE GREEN TOMATO SALSA RECIPES AND THOUSANDS TURN UP! ROFLMAO HERE'S ONE

GREEN TOMATO SALSA

http://www.recipetips.com/recipe-car...mato-salsa.asp

PATTY~ GOOD FOR YOU GOING TO THE FAIR EVEN TIRED. SO MANY GROUPS NEED THE SUPPORT RIGHT NOW. TOUGH TIMES FOR ALL.

CEEJAY~ LET US BOTH HOPE THE HOLIDAYS WON'T BE TOO BAD. THINGS COULD ALWAYS BE WORSE...WE COULD BE OUT OF WORK LIKE ANNIE AND HER DD. CUTTING BACK IS A GOOD THING AND WE HAVE ALREADY DONE THAT.

CARLA~ WHAT FRAPPUCCINOS?? I DON'T SEE ANY COFFEE DRINKS HERE. THAT'S MY STORY AND I AM STICKING TO IT! SORRY THE WICKED STEP MOM CAN BE SUCH A PAIN. YOU WOULD THINK BY NOW SHE'D BE GRATEFUL FOR HELP AND VISITS. I WOULD TELL YOU TO WALK AWAY BUT THEN I AM NOT SURE IF I COULD DO THAT EITHER.

HOPING I GOT TO EVERYONE. I DIDN'T SEE MISS MADCAT BUT WAVING A HELLO!!!
Old 10-27-2008, 08:22 AM   #200  
Happy September

I POSTED BY MISTAKE....I AM OFF TO MAN THE PHONE AND STAY THERE WHERE THEY CAN REACH ME IF NEEDED...THE ORGRES I MEAN.
WE HAD A WILD THUNDERSTORM/HURRICANE THING. NOT EVEN SURE WHAT TO CALL IT BUT IT WAS WET, WILDER AND WOOLIER THAN I HAVE SEEN IN A LONG TIME. TOOK DOWN PIECES OF TREES. CALLED THE COPS, MET THEM OUTSIDE WITH KEYS FROM THE TENANTS. BOTH CARS HAD A TREE PART ON THEM BUT NOT MUCH DAMAGE. BOTH WERE TOO SICK TO COME OUT SEE WHY I NEED SO MANY CHAIRS??? IT;'S IMPOSSIBLE TO KEEP UP WITH THE WORK HERE WITHOUT THEM.....WAIT....MAYBE THAT'S A GOOD THING AND I AM FIGHTING FOR NOTHING!
OK GOTTA GO. LOTS TO DO. TELL YOU TOMORROW HOW IT ALL GOES...IF I GET AN ANSWER!
\HAPPY MONDAY!
Old 10-27-2008, 11:49 AM   #201  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Happy Monday ladies --

DH and I are starting to feel more human. We are getting our energy back slowly. My chest is still tight and I get winded easily, but I'm much more alert/alive than I was. I'm done with antibiotics, but I'm still using two inhalers to help my breathing. We're supposed to get a rain/snow mix today, but it's supposed to warm up to between the mid 50s and mid 60s for later in the week. And since DH is taking all week off for vacation and I'm taking Wednesday through Friday off, we're hoping to get some late season fishing in. I'm hoping to get back to the gym later this week or next week, depending on my breathing and energy level. It's been nearly 3 weeks, and I really miss working out. But I don't want to push myself too hard too soon. However, between laying around and the Prednisone making me eat like there's no tomorrow, I've put on several pounds (to afraid to weigh myself). I'm sure I'm out of one-derland. But I know that now that I am getting back on track with the eating and I'll start exercising in the next week or so, the weight will come off again.

DH and I are planning on voting early (on Thursday). We believe the lines at the polling place will be so long on the 4th that we want to make sure we get in early. We live in a small town, so the early voting times are limited...but since we're both of on Thursday, we can go then (before we head out to go fishing!).

Annie - I'm so sorry to hear that DD was laid off too. That's awful. With your positive attitude you'll find a great job soon. Sending you : and positive thoughts. Do you want me to send PB and cheese too? I'm wishing you much success on your interviews tomorrow and Friday. I'll be thinking positive thoughts for you.

Shad - Good for you for getting a temporary membership at the Dampier gym. Exercise bands are a great way to get a resistance workout and they're so lightweight - perfect for travel!

Patty - Congratulations on the certification! YGG! :confetti: I hope you are hive-free by now. Sounds like you had a fun carnival weekend!

Mel - So sorry to hear about the battles with Medicaid and the repair vendor. I hope things work out in your favor very soon. Hang in there. I know you have a lot ot take care of, but please don't overdo. This week and next week will be stressful enough. Make sure to take some Mel time too. Sending you and :

Happy - How is your tooth and your hip? I hope both are doing much better. DH didn't bring Montezuma's revenge back, but some type of respiratory virus. Anyway, we are both starting to feel better. Yay! Im glad your neighborhood party was fun. We had our trick or treaters yesterday, and one of the parent's commented that he almost didn't recognize the house since we didn't get any decorations up this year. Oh well, we'll make up for it at Christmas with our 1/2 dozen inflatable penguins and more penguins everywhere!! LOL

Carla - I love reading your posts. You have such a great sense of humor! And I like your suggestions for November titles.

Ruth - I hope you enjoyed your day of dog petting. That's always great therapy and a tremendous mood lifter. So nice that your friends are able to help you through this difficult time. Sending lots of your way.

Ceejay - So generous of you to help your sisters get their Christmas dinners, and helping your uncle's family too! This Christmas is going to be very lean for DH and I and our families, just small gifts. I bought my step-mom a nightgown, and my sister and her hubby a Santa, both were on sale at Kohls, and I got extra discounts...which made them even more affordable. I think Christmas is more about kindness and spending time with loved ones than about presents. That's why I'm so glad that my DMIL is coming out for the holidays. She's arriving in just over 3 weeks and will be here through New Years. Gas prices have gone lower, so I'm hoping that's a sign of positive change that's ahead. I know things will not turn around over night after the election, but I do think that things will improve, especially if the guy I like gets elected.

Here's to a Marvelous Monday for all of us!

Love and hugs,
Old 10-27-2008, 03:19 PM   #202  
~Insane Java Turtle~

Default Hi again

Odd, but JUST today, I started to include Ruth on a funny email. I don't know why, I've not contacted her in MONTHS, maybe as long as a year ago, but I thought of her this morning. Then I come on 3FC, also something that I've not done in quite a while, save that last post, and find that she'd lost Harry. Ruth, my thoughts are with you. I'm sorry I'm so late in getting this news, but I truly thought of you this morning. I hope you're coping well. And a happy Monday to all else, who roost here.
Old 10-27-2008, 05:42 PM   #203  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Good morning everyone,
Short post today as I am pretty busy I think!!!! That may of course change over the course of a couple of minutes - it usually does. I have to try and slow down the boss who want's everything yesterday but is not going about it the right way, and them out there to whom change is not a happy idea.

So............ I'll be back right after I have waved my magic wand - clipped the boss behind the ear with it and poked it into the proverbials of the recalcitrants. Then of course they want me to take on the warehouse stuff as well. Cripes, they are all twice as tall as me. Make that a big soapbox
Old 10-28-2008, 12:18 AM   #204  

Here I am back again to post personals. I was right when I said I was pretty busy - things just went down hill from there and one of my personal nightmares came out to bite me. Aaaah well this too shall pass.

Hiya Hotcup - good to see you lurking in the fringes again. How goes things?

Michelle - so good to hear you are on the improve. Days off can only help. I wandered off to the gym this morning - very slowly I might add, and I only stayed for 30 minutes this time. Not long enoough but there is a lot going on right now and the early morning is the only time I WILL exercise. If I put it off to later, say afternoon or evening, I have the entire day to figure out a really good excuse that my brain will accept.

Mel - wasn't sure which you meant when you posted THE ORGRES. Is this an orgy - or are we having ogres??? Calm down and relax or you'll be back in the land of rosacea again my friend.
Some clown has waded out into the middle of the salt flats and put up a sign called Anchovy Flats. I guess if anything could live in there, it would taste like an anchovy.

Carla - sore hip comes and goes. It feels like sciatica. Probably is sciatica and it annoys the living sh*t out of me. I try to ignore it most of the time. Like most things, it will go away in it's own sweet time I guess. How goes Montreal? Went to the gym this morning as stated above.

Annie - when I steal away into the night, I will be walking your way. Probably get a bit lost tho as I tend to swerve off the road and read the road signs and decide whether to go there next. The road home is never straight.

Ceejay - nice of you to buy dinner for all.

Happy must be out checking the neighbourhood decorations. Only a few days to go now.

And that's about it. It is freezing in this office. Better find someone to stamp on and kick about a bit. That'll warm me up

Last edited by Shad; 10-28-2008 at 12:21 AM.
Old 10-28-2008, 08:39 AM   #205  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning ladies,

Sorry for the quick hello - just alot going on the last few days. Same for today as I have to get off to work soon. Between dentist, doctor and physical therapy appointments I am rather behind at work and the new month is looming on the horizon. I hope I can get back at lunch time as I have to go out again tonight and won't be able to get here.

Take care in whatever comes your way today
Old 10-28-2008, 08:43 AM   #206  
Happy September

MICHELLE~ I AM SURE YOU ALREADY KNOW THIS BUT YOUR HEALTH IS MORE IMPORTANT RIGHT NOW. REBUILDING STRENGTH FROM PNEUMONIA TAKES TIME AND IT ALL DEPENDS ON THE TYPE. SO RESTING IS THE BEST THING YOU CAN DO FOR YOURSELF. I AM GLAD TO HEAR YOU ARE BOTH FEELING BETTER. THE END WILL COME SOON. STAY STRONG

MARY~ I SOULD SAY I AM SORRY THAT I DIDN'T THINK TO E-MAIL YOU NTHE NEWS MYSELF!! I WAS IN A FOG THESE LAST 2 WEEKS. SORRY! :gaint:

SHAD....ANCHOVY FLATS WHEN I LOGGED ON I WENT PAST MY POST AND SAW THE ORGRES I WAS WAITING FOR SOMEONE TO SAY ORGY AND THERE YOU ARE! IT'S GOOD TO BEGIN THE DAY WITH A LAUGH! HOPE YOU FOUND SOMEONE TO HELP GET YOU WARMED UP. DID IT TAKE MUCH STOMPING AROUND? WISHING YOU BETTER DAYS IN THE LAND OF PINK SALTY PILLOWS!

RAINY, DARK AND COLD NOW WITH SNOW SHOWERS PREDICTED. SO MEL DECIDED TO CANCEL FOOD SHOPPING AND STAY INDOORS. TODAY IS A MELIDAY FOR SURE. I AM BEAT AND HAVE SAID IT OUTLOUD TO ALL WHO WOULD LISTEN. NO REASON FOR ME TO LEAVE THE APARTMENT EXCEPT THE LAUNDRY AND THAT CAN SURELY WAIT. I GOT A LOT OF PAPERWORK DONE YESTERDAY FOR MYSELF AND JEN. WE WERE ON THE PHONE A LOT GETTING RE-EVALUATIONS AND LEGAL CRAP SORTED OUT. DON'T WANT OUR BANK ACCOUNT STRIPPED LIKE LAST YEAR. AT LEAST THIS TIME I AM READY AND HAVE SOME CASH STASHED
I AM OFF TO THE LAND OF WISHFUL THINKING AND MINDLESS TV WITH THE GRANDSON WHO IS ALREADY NAPPING AGAIN!!!
Old 10-28-2008, 08:43 AM   #207  
Happy September

HELLO MISS BUSY HAPPY!
Old 10-28-2008, 09:08 AM   #208  

Hi Java,
So good to see you posting again.

Happy
Is your physical therapy sessions helping?

Not much going on at work this morning. The boss is back today.

I'm starting a hand written journal to see what my emotions are during the times I binge. It's mainly stress at work and or boredom. My work goes from one extreme to another.
Old 10-28-2008, 09:17 AM   #209  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Happy Tuesday ladies -

Today is my Friday and I am on vacation the next 5 days! Yay! DH and I plan to fish, relax and enjoy our days off together. I may do a bit of housecleaning in preparation for my DMIL's visit. I've got lots of clutter to clean up in the kitchen and living room, and lots of laundry that didn't get folded while we were sick.

I'm feeling better each day. Still coughing, but I'd say my energy is at 75% today. Yay! This is the best I've felt in 3 weeks!!

Happy - I hope you're able to get caught up with work today, and I hope all your appointments are going well.

Mel - A Meliday sounds like a good idea. You're getting the rain/snow mix we had yesterday. It was so weird to see snow falling. I'm so not ready for winter to start. Relax with the grandson and stay warm.

Shad - Sorry to hear that you're so busy at work. They must be aware that you are dedicated, hard working and can work miracles. I saw on the news the past couple days a story from Australia about a heroic Jack Russell terrier doggy who saved a litter of kittens in a burning house. The dog stayed by them until the firefighters came and pulled them out. I love animal stories that have a happy ending.

Annie - My fingers are crossed for you. And I'm sending you : and lots of success for your interview today!

Carla - I hope you are enjoying Montreal. Is the weather nice there?

Ceejay - Good for you for starting a journal to record your emotions when eating! I've heard that can be tremendously effective.

Java - I'm fairly new to the Worldlies, but I've known Happy for years. Nice to meet you.

Ruth - I hope you're hanging in there and finding time to take care of you. If there's anything we can do...just let us know. Especially if you need help eating the banana bread!

A big to anyone I missed!

Love and hugs,
Old 10-29-2008, 03:08 AM   #210  

Afternoon all,
Just a quick trip in to read the posts and say hello. Don't have time for much else at the moment. I've been busy with trying to hang the training together so I sort of comply with the company standards but I also get the guys the right information for the stuff that they will be using. I know I am a fussy trainer, I like to get the trainees to actually work on the information they will be using and not information from different sections of the company, much of which they don't know and don't want to know. So we will be busy trying not to confuse them I think.

Michelle have a good break and make sure you get enough rest and relaxation to get yourself healthy again. Sunshine and fresh air if you can get it.

Ceejay - good idea the journal. Keep at it.

Mel - good to be thinking ahead. At least if the money is not in your account they can't pinch it. I well remember last year. It was horrid for you. Glad you predicted the orgres and I obliged. Funnily enough, you should have seen me proof reading my post just in case you found something weird in there.

Happy - busy time for you I see. Can't do much about it. Have fun whatever you are doing.

Mary - good to have you back and posting even if it is only occasionally. What have you been up to??

Annie - did you have an interview today - aahh no I think that is tomorrow your time.

Okay - better go get my butt out of here and finish my jobs for the day. Almost time to go home. Almost............

Last edited by Shad; 10-29-2008 at 03:12 AM.
Closed Thread