Closed Thread

Old 07-05-2008, 05:06 PM   #46  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
Short run through again for me today. I've just got so much left to do, including harrassing the boss who seems to think I don't exist for much of the time. I think I am supposed to be going back to Jakarta in a week, but as yet there is no confirmation and no travel documentation.

Yesterday I scrubbed skirtings and swept and dusted and worked on doco and shifted furniture and washed and cleaned like a mad woman. Same thing today only it is painting, cleaning, shifting furniture and working on doco. It rained heavily yesterday, and hopefully it will clear today and stay clear for the rest of the week although the forecast is not great. Still they are wrong most of the time and are this time I hope.

Time for gym shortly, then painting, then back to work and when DS2 gets home from work, we will shift some more furniture into the back room. I will be glad when this floor is done.

Okay - lets get on with. I hope Ruth is having a great day at the wedding and is behaving herself!!
Old 07-05-2008, 09:16 PM   #47  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Good Evening Lovely Ladies.....

Happy 5th of July and belated 4th!!

Ceejay...goodluck with all the doctors visits. Please let us know what they all say. My dad needs a hearing aid but refuses, so he misses most all conversations unless we yell. Kind of comical.

Happy...hope your back spasms have eased up.

MEL...Did you mention feather pillows, or am I imagining. They can be hazardous to you allergies. The weather has got to get better. I was talking to a woman in line at Walmart and she was just a b*thc*n about the rain and her tomato plants. Had to chuckle.

Ruth....I would love to come to Canada and visit with you. I have not been to Canada as yet in life.

Miclelle... you stilll amaze me with your exercising. I am so proud of you. and to think you went to the gym twice in one day. YOU ROCK SISTA...

I took Thursday off and did a big bunch of nothing. Got my hair colored and chatted with my good friend for half the day. Spent yesterday the 4th at my parent's house. My bro from Illinois and my other two bros from around here were all there. Pictures were taken of the 4 siblings. My 3 older bros and me. If I can get my mits on one, I will post it.

Today I have done a big bunch of nothing. Ate too much watermelon and puked some back up. I have ate so much crap today and not even poo-ed once today. I may be backed up and getting ready to blow. TMI Been boo hooing around as my DS was supposed to come home this weekend and did not. My DD went to Monticello, Indiana for a big BBQ, Boating weekend.

We will see what tomorrow brings. I do need to cut the grass. I just feel so lazy and am sure I am pre-menapausel (SP). I have not had aunt flo visit in the last 9 weeks. No, I am not preggo, it would have to be the immaculant conception, and besides the fact I am neutered. lol

Guess I best go let devil dog back in. She is sitting at the back door looking in at me.

Hello to everyone, Holly where the heck are you girl?

Love and Hugs
Old 07-06-2008, 06:41 AM   #48  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

CEEJAY~ FIREWORKS RIGHT OUTSIDE THE BACK DOOR? SWEET! A RELAXING WEEKEND IS JUST AS GOOD

MICHELLE~ SO GLAD THE WEEKEND IS GOING SO WELL! 2 FIREWORKS NO LESS!

HAPPY~ HOPE THE NEW "DO" DIDN'T GET RAINED ON! OUR WEATHER HAS BEEN MUCH OF THE SAME BUT MORE DARK THAN WET I USUALLY WATCH THE FOREWORKS ON TV ALSO. GOOD SHOWS.

SHAD~ HOPE YOU GET CAUGHT UP WITH ALL THIS DOCO STUFF. I'LL GET MY BAG READY FOR JAKARTA. I COULD USE A FEW DAYS AWAY FROM HOME I CAN SEE WHY YOU WILL BE GLAD WHEN THE FLOOR IS DONE!!

ANNIE~ DEVIL DOG I LAUGH EVERY TIME YOU TYPE THAT. A WEEKEND OF NOTHING MIGHT BE JUST WHAT YOU NEED. I JUST TOOK SOME DULCOLAX...MAYBE WE WILL BOTH GO TODAY!
HERE'S TO MENOPAUSE!

SITTING HERE TRYING TO THINK OF WHAT TO SAY BUT NOTHING COMES TO MIND.
HAPPY SUNDAY/MONDAY

Last edited by MELODY525; 07-06-2008 at 06:51 AM.
Old 07-06-2008, 07:10 AM   #49  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning!

The fuss is winding down from the Friday fireworks and the wedding. The Friday night cruise on the Big Rideau was fun - lots of laughs and nobody fell/got pushed overboard as happened last year. The wedding was quiet but just right. My dogs did go and were angelic - Niece Anne was quite touched as she's a dog nut like me. I gave her a copy of the family tree with our dogs included - she loved it but the groom thought we were nuts! He may as well get used to it.

Today will be a hiatus before next week's business. The schedule for today is Church and coffee 8:30 to 10:00, 11:00 to 2:00 obedience training in Kingston and 2:00 to 9:00 relaxation, reading and BBQ supper BY MYSELF! (Of course, anyone who wants to drive up here is welcome to come. I'll even clear the winter stuff off the guestroom bed.)

Hope your Sunday is glorious.
Old 07-06-2008, 10:52 AM   #50  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning all,

Got my hair done yesterday. Sometimes I like to mix things up a bit. Since I don't have alot of hair to work with, most I can do is color. Was flirting with the idea of red again - especially since I won't be in a pool to fade the color out but instead we just decided to put a lot of low lights in. Now my hair is pretty dark with chunks of blonde. I'm liking it. Told her I had a wig just like this in the 70's when we were wearing "frosted pixie cut" wigs Today we shoot to the other end of the body and get a pedicure - tomorrow I go to the podiatrist to see about this foot problem and don't want him screaming at my ugly feets Other than that it's some house cleaning here, maybe some gardening, definitely some laundry. Doesn't seem like a long weekend and there certainly hasn't been much of anything that's exciting about it. I've been having some problems with vertigo lately. Usually it's when I get in bed at night an lay down, for about 15 seconds I have this dizzy feeling. Yesterday evening it was prominent all night long and kept up for a long time. The room was actually spinning like I was boozed up. And then it started making me nauseated. I'm thinking - hey - I gave up drinking because I hated feeling this way. I looked vertigo up online - the most common reason is an inner ear infection. Either that or a brain tumor Geez I tell you, everything seems to be falling apart lately. And I have been getting alot of headaches lately too.

Picked up my glasses yesterday. I'm not that impressed. Duh me, I keep thinking, you get new glasses you should see more clearly. You think? I got regular glasses and sun glasses. The sun glasses were very fuzzy, I couldn't read a big price sign. Told the guy since I'd mostly be using these for driving it was kinda important to be able to READ SIGNS. He fiddled and fiddled. Said it was a big mystery because the prescription was right and my regular glasses were ok. Finally I started tipping the glasses (I have progressive bifocals.). If I looked at the very top of the glasses, I could read the sign. Told him that, he adjusted the nose piece - they weren't sitting correctly on my face. Viola - I can see - sort of. As best as it will get I suppose. And I don't really care for the regular glasses. I had picked out different frames that both DH and I thought looked nice and when I went to order the glasses I let the optician talk me into another type of frame. I have a squarish face and these are rectangular frames which are the style right now. I don't think square frames on a square face are all that flattering. In fact I sort of feel like Spongebob Squarepants I guess I just want to look cute like the ads you see on tv for the glasses where the models just look so nice. Or the hair ads where the cut is just so good looking and then you get it and it's like oh - you know what I mean?

Ruthie - glad the wedding turned out nicely. If it was Saturday I might have taken the drive up but I don't think I'll have enough time to get back in time for work tomorrow. Hey - is gas as horrid up by you as it is here?

Hey Mel - maybe we should make some FiberOne cocktails. They have the new stuff that melts clear into the water - we can make some fiber martinis If we have too many, we can just chalk it up to life being "a gas" DH and I watched The Bucket List with Morgan Freeman and Jack Nicholson this weekend. Good movie. Had it's funny moments, was a bit sad but a good movie. Are you getting some rest in this weekend?

Annie - one of the premenopausal symptoms was getting pretty erratic with the scheduling of the period. I didn't have too many symptoms other than that and the occasional hot flash - wait until you experience your first one of those. We finally got some good watermelon in too. Had a big bowl myself so I can understand how it's easy to overindulge. But at least it wasn't ice cream.

Shad - sounds like alot of your job is being hired by people who are told to go get a body to do this training thing, so they do and then they leave you hanging in the wind to go figure out how to make miracles. Not sure I could do what you do so I'm glad to have you there so I don't have to You are definitely getting your groove on around the house. Come do mine now, will you?

Ceejay - having another day to relax is not such a bad thing. Especially with gas over $4 a gallon. We were at the mall yesterday - either lots of people went out of town (doubt it) or people are just not travelling as much (I think that's it).

Hope the weather held up for you Michelle and you got some fishing in. My mom would like you to push some rain down her way please. Said you guys are getting too much and they aren't getting enough. So do what you can, please?

Shy must be off camping. Either that or she doesn't like us any more.

Ok, time to go get dizzy, um I mean busy. Enjoy your Sunday chicks...
Old 07-06-2008, 03:49 PM   #51  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
Monday rolls round again. I'm up and at em early again. Made a fair amount of progress yesterday, but can't let up on it now otherwise it will all creep up and bite me again.
The painting is done, the sawing and hammering is done. Geez it felt good to do something practical again after all that cerebal finance and HR.
Todays jobs are normal work (after all it is Monday) gym around 8.30, more furniture shifting and more cleaning and then we will be about ready for the man and the floor.
I had a bit of a moan to the bossman via e-mail about the lack of communication around here. I don't think it is unreasonable to require 1 weeks notice of travel. Besides which, if you book early you get it cheaper - d'oh! I'm well aware that travel is part of this job, but that doesn't mean last minute rush for the booking agent or me surely. That way you get to forget to take things = like passports and visas.

Happy - sorry to hear about the specs saga. What a pain. It's really important that you can see as well as possible when you have to work and shop and drive. And it isn't any good saying that the prescription is correct. If you can't see, it isn't. Could it be the progressive glasses that is causing the vertigo. I worked with a woman once who got terrible dizzy spells with the progressives until she got used to them. Bifocals are one of the reasons I wear monocular contact lenses, I just couldn't get used to bifocal.
Spongebob Squarepants!!!!! That'll learn ya for letting someone talk you into something you don't really want. Hair sounds good by the way. I should have organised a hair cut for myself, but I want to think about this colour some more. I'm not that happy with the cost of keeping the regrowth coloured. It seems that the foils only had to be done every second cut but this colour needs doing every cut and that isn't cheap.

Ruth - Wedding sounds suitably laid back and fun. Did you give the family tree a spray for Fruitfly before you gave it to them. Aussies don't seem to have the same sense of humour as Kiwis and Canadians. I should add the dogs and cats to my family tree - such as it is - somewhat lopsided at the moment. My mothers family go back to around 1650, on the paternal side, I can't go back past the paternal grandfather, sealed records - he was either very high up the social scale or a mass murderer or something equally rotten. Anyway, it is an interesting hobby which needs more of my time to do a little counter thumping, which right now I don't have. By the way, which variety of baby did they have? Apart from a little CanAus I mean.

Mel - Hiya. Know what you mean about not having anything to report right now. There are days here that are like that. I just burble on anyway.

Annie - Sometimes one needs to take a day off and just look around and smell the roses. Love to see the photo when you can get one.

And with that I am gone to the land of bank deposits and pay time management. Wish me luck as I disappear down the black hole. There is a hint of daylight outside. Monday dawn has broken.

Last edited by Shad; 07-06-2008 at 03:50 PM.
Old 07-06-2008, 05:00 PM   #52  
Annie - Indiana

Happy Sunday....

Well I got up with a new attitude. Cleaned my house and cut the grass all before noon. Then weeded the garden, rock bed, and flower bed. Did two loads of laundry, then did my sheets. Fixed the mailbox, broomed the front porch and back patio. Then I, too, had a BBQ by MYSELF as Ruthie did. Made Steakburgers with swiss, corn on the cobb and a small baked potato. Couldn't finish the corn was too full.

Yes My Dear MEL....I had the major blow out this morning, almost crapped my panties. Sheesh. Have been another 4 times and am now down to just blowing air. (Toots) hahaha

Shad...you are one busy puppy. Moving furniture, painting, cleaning, sawing, hammering, and your job on top of that. I am impressed with you my girl.

Happy...a new do and a peddie, you should feel like a new woman. I need to get my nails done tomorrow night. They look sick with all the yard work.

Going back to St. Louis next weekend for my Goddaughter's baby shower. You know the girl baby that is due in August to be named Olivia ANNE. Oh yeah, I have mentioned that a few thousand times....I wish we lived closer.

Gonna go sit in my chair and relax a bit. My brother gave me two perfectly good lounge chairs for the back patio. They are the most comfortable chairs ever. He said he has had them for a year and only used them once, did I want them. HECK YEAH!! They go with the patio table and chairs he gave me for a house warming gift. I think I am his favorite sister, oh wait, he only has one sister.

Hello to everyone...

Love and Hugs
Old 07-06-2008, 05:01 PM   #53  
Annie - Indiana

The other sign of menopause I have is an occasional night sweat. Dang it anyway. Hot flashes, I am told resemble my anxiety attacks, so that part will be no different. May have had some already and don't know it.
Old 07-06-2008, 07:28 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Afternoon
I was sitting here yesterday feeling sorry for myself and around 12.15 p.m. the phone rang. My cousin was asking where I was. I was disapponted but things worked out for the best. I drove to Paragould yesterday afternoon and my cousin's and aunt came to church this morning and after church we went out to lunch. Had a nice conversation. I think I'm getting old!!! I sure get confused alot.

My uncle has a big puncture wound on the lower part of his leg. He turned the lawn tractor over. I know that had to hurt. The wound looked good. He likes for me to pet him, but I think he was beginning to have some pain from it this afternoon. The scab was pulling. It's going to take awhile for it to heal. It was deep.

My neighbors are back from vacation. The man of the house wanted to know if he could spray my yard for chiggars, ticks etc. I didn't care. Their children play over here.

Annie
It's nice to have brothers with things they do not want. You got a bargain.
You were a busy woman today.

Happy
I'd love to get a pedicure but no thanks to the podiatrist. Once I take myself again to my poditrist office I'd better be ready for the other foot surgery. I'm not ready to go through that again right now. I sure hope it's not planter facisitis (ms) with heel spurs. I know how painful that is.
My blonde highlights are already turning a light red. I've been outside to much.

Ruth
It sounds like your week end was very relaxing.
Old 07-07-2008, 08:20 AM   #55  
Happy September

RUTH,,,,GLAD THE COMPANY HAS GONE AND IT WENT WELL. HOPE THE "ALONE" DINNER WAS NICE! GOOD LUCK WITH DISNEY.

HAPPY....YOU REMIND ME OF MY DAUGHTER. I THINK SHE EXPECTS TO SEE THE ADS AND WHEN SHE DOESN'T SHE ALSO GETS TALKED OUT OF STUFF BY SALES PEOPLE BUT IS DOING MUCH BETTER AT SAYING NO!!! THE VERTIGO IS MORE THAN LIKELY TOO MUCH FLUID IN THE INNER EAR. I USE MUCINEX ALL THE TIME TO KEEP THE FLUID FLOWING. THIS WAY THE EARS USUALLY AREN'T AFFECTED. NO TUMORS PLEASE!!
LOT OF PEOPLE GAVE THE SAME REVIEW OF THAT MOVIE. THEY PROBABLY COULD HAVE MADE A TAMER VERSION OF THE MOVIE RIGHT HERE SPONGEBOB!!!

SHAD....BUSY LITTLE BEE AREN'T YOU?! WITH YOU MULTI-TASKING AND GOING TO THE GYM, I FEEL POSITIVELY DECADENT!! MOVIES. NO ALARMS TO SPEAK OF AND ICE CREAM! REMIND ME NOT TO BIOTCH CAUSE THE SCALE WENT UP! :Lol3: HOPE YOU FINALLY MADE A DENT IN THE BOSSMAN'S THINKING! ONE WEEK'S NOTICE SHOULD BE MANDATORY!! SEND SOME OF YOUR MONDAY DAWN OVER HERE. THE SUN SEEMS TO HAVE VANISHED SINCE YESTERDAY AGAIN. WE ARE BEGINNING TO GET POSITIVELY SOGGY IN THIS OLD NJ TOWN. AND DON'T GO GETTING LOST IN THE BLACK HOLE. WE JUST MIGHT MISS YOU

ANNIE...I DIDN'T KNOW WHETHER TO LAUGH OR CRY WITH YOUR POST SO I ALMOST DID BOTH! I HAD A MEDICINALLY INDUCED EXPLOSION OF MY OWN AND THE NIGHT SWEATS....JUST WHEN I THOUGHT I HAD ANXIETY UNDER CONTROL, MENOPAUSE CAME ALONG! OMG DOES TORTURE FOR WOMEN NEVER CEASE??? BUT I AM HERE TODAY TO SAY THAT I MADE IT AND WITHOUT ANY MEDS...WITH MY DISORDER I CANNOT TAKE HORMONES. NOT USRE IF MY MIND MADE IT THRU 100% BUT IT NEVER WAS 100% TO BEGIN WITH!! GOTTA LOVE YOUR BROTHER. ENJOY THE CHAIRS, BBQ'S AND RELAXATION!

CEEJAY...GLAD YOU GOT TO SPEND TIME WITH THE RELATIVES IN THE END. SOMETIMES THEY EXPECT US TO BE MIND READERS OR MAKE THE FIRST MOVE! HOPE THE UNCLE WILL FEEL BETTER SOON WITH THAT LEG WOUND. YIKES!!

GOOD MONDAY MORNING. I CANCELLED OUT OF THE SHOPPING. THUNDER IS ALREADY ROLLING HERE. RAIN IS SURE TO FOLLOW. TO GO FROM STORE TO STORE YOU HAVE TO GO OUTSIDE. I DON'T WANT TO BE SITTING IN WALMARTS FOR 4 HOURS. EJN AND RICHIE ARE HAVING A GOOD TIME WITH THE KIDS EVEN WITH THE RAIN. RICHIE WAS TRYING TO FISH AND KEPT LOSING HIS WORMS. GUESS THE FISH WERE HUNGRIER THAN HE THOUGHT I TOLD HIM CITY BOYS DON'T KNOW A DANG THING ABOUT CATCHING FISH. IT WAS GOOD TO HEAR EVERYONE LAUGHING UP THERE. BEEN A LONG TIME SINCE I HEARD RICHIE THIS HAPPY.
HAVE I SAID I OFFERED TO TAPE MOVES OFF CABLE FOR THE SENIORS? ONE MAN PICKED OUT 3 AND ASKE IF IT WAS OK. THE WOMAN PICKED OUT A TOTAL OF 30 NOW!
THEY'VE BEEN SHOWING ONE A NIGHT LATELY. EXCEPT FOR WEEKLY BINGO NIGHT AND THE MONTHLY MEETING NIGHT. I THINK VCR TAPING IS GOING TO HAVE TO BE MY NEW HOBBY. IT'S ALMOST A FULL-TIME JOB!
I THOUGHT THE MAN SAID 17 MOVIES...BUT HE MEANT 17 DAYS OF TAPING.
HAPPY MONDAY
Old 07-07-2008, 08:33 AM   #56  
Annie - Indiana

Good Monday Morning.....Rain in the pix for Indy today. I am SICK of rain, but I guess the bright side is, it is not snow....

Ceejay...OMG your poor Uncle. Thank God it was only a puncture wound and not anything worse.

MEL...hmm, minor explosions across the world...lol.

Not much going on here. Work as usual. Mondays are torture.

Have a great day all.

Love and Hugs
Old 07-07-2008, 09:19 AM   #57  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning soggy northern chicks,

Our rain is supposed to come in by mid week. We've been dry for almost a month so we really need it. (Stop hogging all the water you guys up there ) I think I will hasten it's entrance by washing my car.

Well, well Miss Mel - seems like you are always finding yourself something to do. Good luck with the movies. You'll tape a bunch and then they will be fighting over who gets to see what and then you will have to go holler at them and referree Glad to hear Richie is smiling and things are going well for the family. Hope it stays that way. Will someone pick up groceries for you if you bow out of the shopping this week?

Annie - Mondays are even MORE torture when you had a short week last week I think it's most noticible when we are far away from folks when they are very old and you know their time is limited and when they are very young and who doesn't love a cute little baby? For all the ages in between we can sort of deal with the distance. But there are some moments...

Ceejay - hope the uncle will be alright. That wound sounds rather nasty. So are you saying that you got an invite to Paragould and just forgot about it? Welcome to the forgetful club - we'd have a meeting but we all keep forgetting about it

Shad - I can totally understand how it would give a greater sense of accomplishment to get something done around the house than it would be fighting the devils at the work place Enough banging, sawing and hammering and you can work out your aggressions. Is your hair lighter now that you need to keep fussing with it more often? I remember it more brunette with a few highlights. Have you gone Marilyn Monroe on us and your just not telling? Good luck with the pay time management - remember to pay yourself for teaching them time management. And do you have to foot the bill for the travel or do you just charge it back to them as part of the fees?

I hear Michelle banging around here. Hope the fish were biting.

I need to get a move on here. Am trying to get in the habit of eating breakfast but I am at a loss for options here. I liked the FiberOne bars in the morning but the explosive gas pains in the afternoon have me reconsidering that choice. Made a delicious smoothie yesterday with apple turnover flavored yogurt, chopped apples, apple juice, cinnamon and some walnuts. Very yummy.

Hellos to the rest of the chicks, will talk more later. Now everyone get to work.
Old 07-07-2008, 10:41 AM   #58  
Happy September

The Perfect Poolside Beverage

When it's blazing hot (hello, summer!), we're always on the lookout for ways to cool off without packing on the pounds. Which is why we heart Agua Fresca. Translation? Fresh Water. Made with fruit, it's light, it's sweet, and—at 45 calories—it's a darn-near-perfect poolside beverage.
Watermelon Agua Fresca
Ingredients:

2 cups cold water
2 cups watermelon, rind removed, seeded and chopped
2 tablespoons Splenda
Juice of 1/2 lime, no more than 1 tablespoon

Directions:

Cut the watermelon into roughly 1-inch cubes. In a blender or food processor, combine water, watermelon, sugar and lime juice until smooth.

Pour mixture through a strainer into a pitcher, forcing through most of the pulp. Chill at least 30 minutes before serving.

Recipe makes 2 servings. Per serving: 0 grams of fat, 45 calories.

MY HISPANIC FRIENDS KEEP TELLING ME HOW GREAT THIS IS...WITHOUT THE SPLENDA OF COURSE. ONE DAY I MAY JUST TRY A GLASS. BE A GOOD WAY TO GET MORE FRUIT IN.

I WILL TRY AND SEND SOME RAIN DOWN YOUR WAY MISS HAPPY! I AM SURE ANNIE AND I HAVE HAD ENOUGH WETNESS TO LAST US ALL SUMMER LONG!!
THE BREAKFAST SMOOTHIE SOUNDED GOOD. I MIGHT TRY SOMETHING LIKE THAT FOR THE AFTERNOON. TOO MUCH SUGAR IN THE MORNING MAKES ME SLEEPY AND WANTING SNACKS! LOL I STILL EAT EITHER OATMEAL/FRUIT OR RAISIN BRAN. HAPPY BREAKFASTING!! LET ME KNOW IF YOU COME UP WITH SOMETHING SPECIAL!
I JUST HEARD AN EXPLOSION...WONDER IF IT WAS ANNIE.......

Last edited by MELODY525; 07-07-2008 at 10:41 AM.
Old 07-07-2008, 10:48 AM   #59  
Happy September

AOL AND LESLIE SANSONE SAY WE CAN ALL HAVE A BEACH READY BODY NIN 6 WEEKS IF WE FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS:
http://slideshow.ivillage.com/diet/s...cv|07-07-2008|

AND EVEN HER FREE WALKING PROGRAM DOWNLOAD. GEE DOES IT GET ANY BETTER THAN THIS????
AND HERE I WASTED 5 YEARS WHEN I COULD HAVE DONE IT IN ONLY 6 WEEKS!

Last edited by MELODY525; 07-07-2008 at 10:50 AM.
Old 07-07-2008, 11:01 AM   #60  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Back to work Monday --

I was really, really enjoying having 4 days off in a row. Ahhhh, such a relaxing and fun time. Now it's a thunderstormy, wet, dreary day here. At least the Mother Nature cooperated and gave us beautiful weather all weekend. Oh, before I forget...we did get some fishing in...We went Northern Pike fishing and DMIL caught the first pike (about 18" to 20"), DH caught 4 pike (ranging from about 14" to two that were 26") and I caught 2 pike - one that was about 18" and one that was HUGE - at least by my standards - 26" and about 5 or 6 lbs - I couldn't even get both hands around it's middle! I'll post photos when I get a chance.

CeeJay - So nice that you got to Paragould to visit with your cousin and aunt. I hope your uncle's wound heals quickly.

Happy - With all our rain, the weeds are definitely prolific here too. I did quite a bit of weeding over the weekend as well. Sounds like you had a wonderful pampering from head to toe. Your hair sounds lovely, and I'll bet you don't look like Spongebob at all. Email me a photo, k? I miss seeing your smiling face. I hope your visit with the podiatrist goes well. I hope your dizziness goes away. DMIL was having vertigo really bad...the dog said she had an ear infection and gave her Mucinex, which helped her a lot (as long as she drank a lot of water with it). I'm still getting used to my progressive bifocals and I've had them for over a year! We went to the mall yesterday so DH could get his haircut. It was pretty empty. The last time I was in a mall was Christmas. Money is so tight now that gas and groceries have gone up so much, I just don't go shopping....except to Kohls where I have a discount. The smoothie breakfast sounds yummy. I usually have FF cottage cheese with fresh fruit for breakfast. And for 2nd breakfast, I have a PB&J sandwich. Still trying to combine my carbs with protein, and of course, fiber.

Shad - You are always working on home improvements....can you please do my house after you finish yours and Happy's? You get more done in a day than I often do in several weeks. You amaze me!

Annie - Yes, I went to the gym twice on Thursday....but I didn't go the rest of the weekend. However, I did get plenty of walking and gardening done instead. Sheesh, you got so much accomplished yesterday! YGG! How 'bout taking the drive north to spread your new attitude through my house and garden! I don't mind rain so much during the week, and it is DEFINITELY better than snow!

Mel - So nice of you to tape movies off of cable for the seniors! Sounds like you did have a relaxing and decadent weekend! Good for you!

Ruth - I'm glad the wedding went well and that your niece enjoyed your family tree.

I'm planning on going to the gym tonight since I haven't been for 3 days. And walking at lunch is probably out due to the rain today.

Anyway, I'd better get to work...Mondays ARE torture at work, and I should've worked over the weekend on some BIG projects coming due tomorrow...but I didn't....so now I've got to get a move on!
Closed Thread