Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2008, 04:22 PM   #121  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

OOOOHHH HAPPY I JUST REMEMBERED WHERE I FOUND ALL THE MEAL IDEAS.....ON FOODNETWORK.COM
THEY HAD A 30 DAY MEAL PLANNER. I PRINTED IT OUT FOR SAL AND HIS FAMILY TOO. IR FAVE ALL OF THEM AN IDEA OF HOW THEIR DAY SHOULD GO.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/lf_h..._29017,00.html

OK...I AM REALLY GOING THIS TIME
Old 07-15-2008, 04:23 PM   #122  
Happy September

michelle....i will help you next week and exercise my butt off for your 11 lbs! OK?????
Old 07-15-2008, 04:24 PM   #123  
Happy September

ALL RIGHT....SO I LIED AND DIDN'T LEAVE....
Old 07-15-2008, 07:20 PM   #124  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Annie
So sorry you had a trip to the ER this week end. Glad the bf was there with you.

Mel
Are you following the doctors orders? I really need a schedule.

Happy
I do much better on a low carb diet. Don't know why!!!

My back is much better today. Yipee.
Old 07-15-2008, 09:58 PM   #125  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

WD40 is also good for cleaning stainless steel appliances according to the floor man!!!

Quick trip in here this morning. I need to go rassle up some folk and some information.

Happy, I need to go look up omega 6 but I thought all the omegas were supposed to be good for you. I'll check it out as I can.

Rennie - hope wee bella is okay and not suffering anything really bad.

I dragged one of the consultants down to the gym at five this morning. Not sure he is speaking to me now.

Okay - I will be back. Gotta go.
Old 07-15-2008, 11:00 PM   #126  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Bella is a bit better. Her fever is down to 103 from 104. I have to take her temp in the morning and call the vet. They gave her a shot and put her on some antibiotics. They have no idea what is wrong with her.
Old 07-16-2008, 07:45 AM   #127  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Hope she improves by morning Rennie. It's always worrying when our furries are not well and they can't tell us what is wrong.
Old 07-16-2008, 08:58 AM   #128  
Happy September

CEEJAY....I AM TRYING VERY HARD TO FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS!! STAY COOL DOWN THERE!!

SHAD....STOP DRAGGING PEOPLE TO THE GYM BY THEIR HAIR...DID YOU USE A CLUB TO KEEP HIM QUIET TOO???

RENNIE....HOPE BELLA WILL FEEL BETTER SOON.

JUST FINISHED MAKING A SIGN FOR THE EXCESSIVE HEAT THAT IS COMING OUR WAY. THEY CAN REPRINT IT ON THEIR COPIER DOWNSTAIRS....100 TIMES GUESS IT WILL BE EASY FOR ME TO STAY INDOORS, KEEP THE BODY COOL AND DO NOTHING NOW! MOTHER NATURE WILL DO WHAT THE DR TRIED TO!
NOTHING ELSE IS NEW. WEIGHT IS HOLDING IN THE UPPER 180'S. BOUNCING AROUND.
JEN AND KIDDIES ARE WELL. RICHIE IS SWEATING IN NYC BUT LOVING THE WEEKENDS. THEY ARE ALL JUST SO HAPPY WITH EACH OTHER AND THE NEW TRAILER. ALL IS WELL IN THEIR NCORNER OF THE WORLD....AND MINE TOO!
HAPPY WEDNESDAY/THURSDAY :moped

TO HAPPY...I THINK I HEAR HER COMING IN NOW!
Old 07-16-2008, 10:02 AM   #129  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Bella is doing a bit better. Her fever is down to 101.9. She isn't eating yet and still won't drink water but at least the fever is down. Guess it is just going to take time. Doc wants to see her again Friday to check her blood work.
Old 07-16-2008, 10:26 AM   #130  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Good Morning Everyone...

Rennie...Our pets are like are children, hope Bella is much better.

Holy Cow Shad...what did you do to the consultant that they are not speaking to you now??

MEL...how's the moving making business going? LOL

Michelle...you are still impressing me with the exercise and diet. Girl..you rock!!

Hot and Humid here in Indy. 92 degrees and humidity a billion. It is just awful..first it rains like crazy for months now we can stand the heat. Bleck.

Was up last night with that pain in my lower left back, like the kidney stone pain. Got me a glass of cranberry juice and a vicodin. Feel a bit better this morning. Still feel like something is not quite right tho.

Have a great hump day all.

Love and Hugs
Old 07-16-2008, 10:27 AM   #131  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

'morning chicks

Thanks for holding the door open Mel. Why are you making signs about the heat? Do people not watch the weather or is it just to remind them to be careful? You are a good woman. Your post made me check our weather. Looks like we will be near to kissing 100 degrees as the week wears on. You don't notice it that much when you go from air conditioned house to air conditioned office and back again. Be careful and remember to drink that water! Thanks for the food network link - they have some really good ideas. Mel - I saw a countdown to Christmas ticker that I thought would have been perfect for you but the lines of code was more than 3FC would allow so no go

Glad Bella is doing better Shy - bet you wish it was moving along alot faster tho. She sounds pretty sick. Keep on giving her the loving...

Shad - Omega 6 is not a good Omega - you need some but not too much. The information is conflicting as usual. Was reading a bodybuilders forum and they said their is only 1.5 grams of fat in a large fillet so they were going to keep eating it. The thing I wasn't aware of with Tilapia is that it's farm raised and those crowded conditions are not only not very humane but they are breeding grounds for antibiotics and diseases - things I'm not sure I want to be eating. Shouldn't eat orange roughy because it's over farmed, wild salmon is very expensive, shellfish is full of cholesterol, limit the tuna because of mercury concerns - is looking more like vegetarian is the way to go. We as humans are destroying this planet bit by bit. But I digress... You dragged a consultant to the gym at 5 am? That's too funny. You will have to wake him up in the afternoon. Good for you. Guess if you can't control the food too well you can control the movement.

Ceejay - I think everyone has an eating plan that kinda works for them. I think it depends on your taste and style. Stick with low carb if that works best for you. Even if you're doing WW - if you go lower carb you can do Core or get more food for your points on the Flex plan.

I looked over Core and decided it just won't work for me. Too many things I can't eat - like all the sugar free stuff - and stay on plan. I'm back on Flex but watching points and logging food religiously and keeping on the lower carb/low glycemic end of things.

Last night we had grilled steak. I made DH corn on the cob and I sauteed some fresh summer squash with a bit of onion and olive oil and it was very yummy. And only a 1/2 point to account for the olive oil. I actually ate well yesterday and stayed UNDER my points for the first time in a long time. I started out with a half dose of the Glucophage after I read about alot of intestinal issues as I already have to deal with them. And I am gulping down the water. Yesterday I passed up the Coke all day and had milk with supper and water with lunch. I feel so virtuous

Michelle - I can't see back to your post but I know you are out there. Thank you again for all your helpful advice I see that watermelon is high on the glycemic index. Please tell me I don't have to give that up I just bought a big melon at the farmer's market and it's sitting and waiting for me to cut it up.

Annie - hope you are feeling better now!

I have a follow up podiatrist appt this morning - best go get ready.

Hellos to the rest of the gang.
Old 07-16-2008, 10:30 AM   #132  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Annie - there are certain foods that supposedly aggrivate the kidney stone condition - among them orange juice and chocolate - neither of which you probably indulge in anyway. My SIL went through a bad stretch with the stones. Just keep drinking and flushing and keep an eye out for fever or pain.
Old 07-16-2008, 11:20 AM   #133  
Happy September

FROM THE GORMETSLEUTH.COM

Shrimp Fajitas
A seafood version of an otherwise well known meat dish. The name "fajitas" refers to the type of meat used in the traditional version.

shrimp fajitas photo by: Mission Foods
Makes: 6

I N G R E D I E N T S
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup lime juice
1/2 cup tequila
2 garlic cloves; minced
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon chile powder
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1 lb. raw, peeled and deveined medium shrimp
10 flour tortillas
3 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 large bell pepper; cut into strips
1 large onion; cut into strips
Fresh lime wedges

I N S T R U C T I O N S
In a glass bowl or baking dish, combine 1/2 cup oil, lime juice, tequila, garlic, salt, chili powder, and cumin. Blend well. Add chicken, cover, and marinate in refrigerator about 20 - 30 minutes. Do NOT marinate for longer or the lime will "cook" the shrimp. Drain, set aside.

Wrap tortillas in aluminum foil. Bake 15 minutes while preparing fajitas.

In a large, heavy skillet over medium-high heat, heat 3 tablespoons oil. Add bell pepper and onion and cook about 2- 3 minutesAdd shrimp and stir for 2 minutes more. Shrimp is done when it turns bright pink. Spoon mixture on a plate and garnish with fresh lime wedges.

To Serve
Spoon 2 tablespoons of the shrimp mixture into a warm flour tortilla. Fold in half and serve hot.

FROM IVILLAGE.COM
Grilled Shrimp Fajitas with Papaya and Avocado Salsa

Excellent source of monounsaturated fat - the kind that appears to be healthful. A quick and easy recipe for a hot summer night.

Serving: 2
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Total Time: 27 minutes

1/2 lb. peeled and cleaned large shrimp

1 crushed garlic clove

1 green bell pepper, cut into strips

1/4 cup olive oil

1 seeded, peeled and diced papaya

1 heaping chopped tbsp. fresh cilantro

1 diced avocado (do not throw out pit)

Flour tortillas

1. Heat coals or gas grill.
2. In a bowl, combine papaya, cilantro and avocado to make salsa.
3. Add avocado pit to bowl to keep the avocado from turning color and store covered until ready to serve.
4. In a separate bowl, combine shrimp with olive oil, garlic and sliced green peppers.
5. Once grill is hot, set peppers and shrimp on the grill rack 5-6 inches from medium heat and grill approx. 12 minutes or until shrimp turn pink and are firm to the touch.
6. Remove from grill and serve in flour tortillas that have been warmed in the oven or microwave and garnish with papaya-avocado salsa.

Based on individual serving.
Calories: 251
Total Fat: 28 g
Carbohydrates: 54 g
Protein: 25 g
Source: Grill Girl
Old 07-16-2008, 11:30 AM   #134  
Happy September

GLAD BELLA IS A BIT BETTER RENNIE.

ANNIE I HOPE YOU GET RID OF WHATEVER IS LEFT IN THERE!! WATCH YOUR CALCIUM INTAKE TOO. SOME PEOPLE ARE AFFECTED BY THAT ALSO. DRINK! DRINK! DRINK!!! I AM THINKING OF CHANGING MY NAME TO KING VIDOR OF THE MOVIES!!! PR MAYBE QUEEN IS A BETTER IDEA

HAPPY....I WOULD HAVE LOVED A XMAS TICKER COUNTDOWN!! IF YOU FIND ONE, I'LL SEND THE PASSWORD SO YOU CAN GET IT IN THERE!! ROFLMAO
HOPE THE BOO BOOS ARE FEELING BETTER. YOU FEEL VIRTUOUS ALL YOU WANT...YOU HAD A GREAT DAY AND MADE GOOD CHOICES! GOO HAPPY GO
DINNER SOUNDED GOOD. AT LEAST I KNOW I WILL HAVE A POOL AND GOOD EATS AT YOUR PLACE NEXT SUMMER!!
WHEN I SAW THE 6AM WEATHER REPORT THIS MORNING WARNING OF THE WEEK TO COME...I JUMPED OUT OF BED...WELL ROLLED IS A BETTER WORD...AND MADE THE SIGNS RIGHT AWAY. OUR MAYOR IS THE KINDA GUY THAT NEVER WANTS TO SEE SOMEONE PERISH FROM THE HEAT IF HE CAN HELP IT. EACH YEAR HUNDREDS OF SENIORS DO BECAUSE THEY HATE THE A/C. THEY JUST DON'T GET THE DRIFT OF THE RELATED HEALTH HAZARDS. STUBBORN OLD COOTS!!!

CAN YOU TELL I AM BORED...OK NO MORE TYPING FOR TODAY.
Old 07-16-2008, 02:42 PM   #135  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Happy
I'm with you about the WW core plan and would much rather do the flex plan.
Dinner sounded good. I may have to sautee some squash for tomorrow night.

Rennie
Glad to hear Bella's fever is down.

Michelle
You are doing great on the food and exercise. Keep up the good work.

Annie
Hope you don't have a recurrance with those kidney stones.

Mel
Stay inside where it is cool.

Had fun yesterday at work. The power went off about 6.15 p.m and the plant was in operation. I had just talked to the boss outsdie, he and the stand by water sewer person had just got back from being on a call, so I used the radio to call him to come back to the plant to help me close the filter effluent valves. I can't answer the phone and do that at the same time. We did lose some water but we didn't have to purge the air out of the filters. Sometimie I wish I had a clone.

Need to go back and read what happened with Shad.
Closed Thread